CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is highly unlikely Dylan's wishes would have mattered to the judge one iota when it came to visitation, not custody, but visitation in my opinion. All parents have a constitutional right that often supersedes a child's wishes or desires (not to be confused with legal presumption of best interest).

Unless there was an overwhelming reason for not allowing Dylan to be left alone with Mark (like Mark having an open warrant for murder, child sexual assault or a long and well documented history of child abuse) the judge acted according to the actual black and white family statutes. He balanced what the state's perception of best interest of the child is (the access to both parents) and the rights of both parents as afforded by the constitution. FTR, I've read accounts of parents plagued by forcing 16 and 17 year olds to court-ordered visitation too. As a custodial parent you are required to abide the court order or risk damaging your own custodial status, fines, contempt, etc.

So how Elaine and even Dylan felt about such visitation is really a moot point at least legally in my opinion. Dylan just not wanting to visit Dad, or even not liking Dad, wouldn't be enough to sway a court against visitation without trampling Dad's rights.

My stepdaughter's child's wishes counted. When she was about 9 she flatly refused to go visit her dad, and nothing was done about it, because it was HER choice. She is now 13 and she still does not visit him. Judges might order visitations, but they do not always enforce them.

Most of the recent child custody records sealed including statements made by Dylan made during a family court hearing in September. All of the documents also from a hearing in November – last one before Dylan’s disappearance are also sealed at this point.

I'm curious to know what Dylan's sealed statements were back in September, if those statements involved how he felt about living with his mom and/or visiting/spending time with his dad, and whether or not MR and/or his lawyer were privy to those comments Dylan made....

http://www.9news.com/news/article/303598/339/Missing-boys-family-had-violent-history

My understanding of what's been said is that she went to court and got primary parenting time (custody), and then he had to go to get parenting time (visitation). Originally it was supposed to be 50/50, but when she moved him so far away, that was no longer feasible. MOO

50/50 wasn't really very feasible when MR was working away from home a lot of the time over the last three years either

I haven't seen any more.

That person just was here that one time to post. I did not put much into it because it just seemed odd to me. I never did buy into that they were really someone close to the family. Just my gut feeling. MOO

Anyone know if the trucks taken from MR's home have been examined and returned?

Do we know of any results from MR's house, or only that they found nothing?

I am thinking based on the report that MR said, we discussed going to my brother's on Thanksgiving, that he could have been doing that so DR could maybe see his Grandmother too. I don't have any idea just a thought.

I've thought the same thing.

I just saw the reward is up to $11,000. On my phone can't link. It was on the missing Dylan redwine FB page.

Most of the recent child custody records sealed including statements made by Dylan made during a family court hearing in September. All of the documents also from a hearing in November – last one before Dylan’s disappearance are also sealed at this point.

I'm curious to know what Dylan's sealed statements were back in September, if those statements involved how he felt about living with his mom and/or visiting/spending time with his dad, and whether or not MR and/or his lawyer were privy to those comments Dylan made....

http://www.9news.com/news/article/303598/339/Missing-boys-family-had-violent-history

I think his statements being sealed just means that the press and the general public don't have access to the documents. The parties of the case would have imo.

No word about the trucks, and as far as the house, they took things, but let MR back in, so again we no nothing.....:furious: Wish LE would tell us something

I am thinking based on the report that MR said, we discussed going to my brother's on Thanksgiving, that he could have been doing that so DR could maybe see his Grandmother too. I don't have any idea just a thought.

right, but why spend 400 bucks for a plane ticket so your son can spend three days with his friends just to turn around and drive the 6-hour trip yourself? was it a one-way ticket? he'd basically be driving dylan home at that point.

:waitasec:

I would love if we could read those, but I think they always seal child statements regarding custody. Kids often have a lot of pressure to speak a certain way and they need to feel really confident that their parents won't know what they said when the judge is talking to them one on one. JMO.

As of today, I haven't read anything about trucks being returned (may have missed this information if out there...)

Here is the correct verbiage about search of MR's house:

Authorities say nothing helpful to the investigation was found inside his home. They also noted that Mark had been cooperative in the investigation.

http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/Search-Continues-For-Missing-Boy-180366681.html

right, but why spend 400 bucks for a plane ticket so your son can spend three days with his friends just to turn around and drive the 6-hour trip yourself? was it a one-way ticket? he'd basically be driving dylan home at that point.

IIRC plans weren't definite to go to his brothers

Nothing helpful found at the House. We haven't heard if the vehicles have been returned.

Do you think the public has a right to know some parts of this? I mean I live close and if they are thinking that it is indeed someone outside the family, I wanna know....I WANNA KNOW! I don't want to think they believe we have a killer out there, or a kidnapper, and not know...I WANNA KNOW! As a parent it is concerning.

I disagree :D

If his son did not want to go and said he did not want to go then why force him ?

It just makes everybody unhappy in the long run .

( I am basing this on his mum saying he was unhappy about going )

Exactly, and this is where I am having a problem. If Mom knows Dylan does not want to go, and has told the court that he did not want to go, then why make him go? If Dad has been told that his son doesn't want to visit him, then why would he insist on it?
But more than that... if she really believed his dad was capable of something sinister, WHY then did she force Dylan to get on that plane?
I ask all of you mothers.... if you were in the same circumstances and believed your child's father capable of harming or disappearing your child, would you put them on a plane to go visit him, just because it was 'ordered' by some judge??? I dang sure wouldn't!!! That judge would have to sit on me and put him on the plane himself.

If you don't follow court order, you can lose custody all together.

Makes since if you think of it this way, parents that reside this far apart are usually responsiable for travel half way...meaning mom paid for plane there, and dad is paying for return trip!

Do you think the public has a right to know some parts of this? I mean I live close and if they are thinking that it is indeed someone outside the family, I wanna know....I WANNA KNOW! I don't want to think they believe we have a killer out there, or a kidnapper, and not know...I WANNA KNOW! As a parent it is concerning.

Why not call the PD and ask if you should be concerned ?
BOY OH BOY the answer would be SO telling ! :)

Say something like " i live right here and i've got kids and you've got some
child snatcher on the loose and cannot find them. what are we supposed to do? are our children safe playing outside ? etc etc''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne