CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, your theory was that MR was probably too busy speaking to police (or perhaps they took his phone...I'm sorry I don't remember which one) to get back with ER.

My response was (and still is) that directly after MR asked ER if she had talked to Dylan, and letting her know he couldn't find Dylan, her response to him was, "we have to call the sheriff", so there wouldn't have been time for his phone to have been confiscated since LE had no idea anything was amiss at that particular time. He had the opportunity to speak with her; he chose not to. (imo)

Well to be fair, he has just realized his son is missing. He and his wife don't have the best of relationships. He's on his way to the police station - driving. Honestly, talking to his ex-wife, who would likely be very upset with him (and deservedly so since her son went missing on his watch,) while getting hi8mself to the police to report his son missing probably wouldn't be a good idea. I would imagine just driving safely would be very difficult in that situation.

Once he got there, he had to file the report, talk to the police, etc. That would be the priority to me. Later yes he should defintely return her calls, but not right then. Get the search going first. It's not like he didn't even let her know Dylan was missing. JMO

Something I found that may interest people(although Dylan went missing in Vallecito)Durango Herold has what they call the Blotter on there web page, and it deals with the police calls local to Durango(Laplata Co). It is done everyday I guess.

I guess those of us who don't find his actions that unusual are in a very small minority here. If I had been in his place, I would probably/possibly asked her if she'd heard from him; once she said no and asked why, I'd probably just say I'd explain later. I think he was probably already under enough stress trying to figure out what happened, what to do, where else he could be, etc., and the last thing he needed was an angry woman, who already hates him, wasting his time by accusing him of being irresponsible or worse, and asking him the same questions he was asking himself. MOO

You wouldn't want to speak to the person that (probably) knew him best in the world? (at the very least much better than he did) What if she had an idea of what may have happened? Or perhaps putting their two heads together they could have come up with a better way to find him? If your child ever comes up missing, it is not the time to hold grudges, nor be afraid of another's reaction; it is time to work with anyone and everyone who loves and knows that child and wants him/her found, ASAP.

Well to be fair, he has just realized his son is missing. He and his wife don't have the best of relationships. He's on his way to the police station - driving. Honestly, talking to his ex-wife, who would likely be very upset with him (and deservedly so since her son went missing on his watch,) while getting hi8mself to the police to report his son missing probably wouldn't be a good idea. I would imagine just driving safely would be very difficult in that situation.

Once he got there, he had to file the report, talk to the police, etc. That would be the priority to me. Later yes he should defintely return her calls, but not right then. Get the search going first. It's not like he didn't even let her know Dylan was missing. JMO

Did he ever return her calls? (or Corey's)

You wouldn't want to speak to the person that (probably) knew him best in the world? (at the very least much better than he did) What if she had an idea of what may have happened? Or perhaps putting their two heads together they could have come up with a better way to find him? If your child ever comes up missing, it is not the time to hold grudges, nor be afraid of another's reaction; it is time to work with anyone and everyone who loves and knows that child and wants him/her found, ASAP.

I would think he would have asked her if she knew of any friends he might be with, and if he had told her what he planned to do while he was visiting. Surely she knew MORE about who his friends were than he did, since he was away a lot. My DH never knew many of our kid's friends from school except for the ones which came to sleepovers etc. Whereas I knew all of them since I dropped them off or went to practices, rehearsals etc.

My DH would not know where to look if one of our kids took off somewhere, but I would know whose homes to go to and where the kids hung out. So I do find it odd that MR did not call and talk more in depth with ER early on.

No, I wouldn't. LE could, if they thought it were necessary. That's all I'm saying on the subject.

but that's just it. he did want to see her. or so he said. bbm:

"Mark Redwine said he would like to meet with his ex-wife but so far has not had success beyond the text messages.

“I don’t want to have dinner with her and become buddy, buddy, but as parents of a missing child, people need to know that we can put our differences aside and that we want our son back,” he said."

http://www.gazette.com/articles/dylan-148038-son-redwine.html#ixzz2F3RAH25w

but that's just it. he did want to see her. or so he said. bbm:

"Mark Redwine said he would like to meet with his ex-wife but so far has not had success beyond the text messages.

“I don’t want to have dinner with her and become buddy, buddy, but as parents of a missing child, people need to know that we can put our differences aside and that we want our son back,” he said."

http://www.gazette.com/articles/dylan-148038-son-redwine.html#ixzz2F3RAH25w

I know he *said* that, so WHY didn't he return their texts and calls? It's odd.

Maybe it's just me, but the missing poster pics do not look much like other snap shots of Dylan.

This one is his brother's public facebook profile pic. :(
xpbwpv.jpg

n9r0k.jpg

Not just you! I completely agree. To me the grainy blurry Walmart surveillance pic looks closer to his "real life" pics than the ones on his missing poster. I've seen that in a couple of other cases too, originally the family puts out the kid's "portrait day" photos, but really, who looks like their "portrait day" every day? I know I don't and never have. In other cases I've followed, more candid photos came out later and I think it's helpful. Sadly of the ones I've followed recently none have had a happy ending yet :( but maybe Dylan will be the one. The candid photos make him more recognizable, for sure.

BBM
IIRC, your theory was that MR was probably too busy speaking to police (or perhaps they took his phone...I'm sorry I don't remember which one) to get back with ER.

My response was (and still is) that directly after MR asked ER if she had talked to Dylan, and letting her know he couldn't find Dylan, her response to him was, "we have to call the sheriff", so there wouldn't have been time for his phone to have been confiscated since LE had no idea anything was amiss at that particular time. He had the opportunity to speak with her; he chose not to. (imo)

IMO-She gives a better picture of the conversation here:

GRACE: What were his words when the dad told you he couldn`t find Dylan?

REDWINE: He asked me if I had heard from Dylan. And I told him it was -- you know, it was discerning (sic) to me that I was, you know, six hours away, and he was asking me that question.

IMO-we don't know exactly what was said between "have you heard from Dylan" and "we should call the sheriff," but I think we can reasonably assume that more words were exchanged. :twocents:

BBM

IMO-She gives a better picture of the conversation here:

IMO-we don't know exactly what was said between "have you heard from Dylan" and "we should call the sheriff," but I think we can reasonably assume that more words were exchanged. :twocents:

I don't think we can assume that at this time. She *does* say he wouldn't call/text her or Corey back. She couldn't figure out why.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121120/NEWS01/121129996/-1/News

This is that early Durango Herald article mentioning the unconfirmed sightings and "...in both cases the boy ran from rescue workers."

It sticks in my craw.

I promise, if and when LE divulges why they are discounting runaway, I will get off it.

I saw there were a few replies to this already and am still catching up on them, but I wanted to mention I've heard a quite similar story in every case I've followed so far. "We saw him/her" or "a search party saw him/her" but "he/she ran away." I have believed and continue to believe that, especially in the case of a search party or random sighting, if some stranger or group of strangers came up to me quickly calling out someone's name, I'd run off too! Especially in a case of mistaken identity if it wasn't even my name.

I guess those of us who don't find his actions that unusual are in a very small minority here. If I had been in his place, I would probably/possibly asked her if she'd heard from him; once she said no and asked why, I'd probably just say I'd explain later. I think he was probably already under enough stress trying to figure out what happened, what to do, where else he could be, etc., and the last thing he needed was an angry woman, who already hates him, wasting his time by accusing him of being irresponsible or worse, and asking him the same questions he was asking himself. MOO

Oh yes I totally agree Confusion. I'm surprised MR is still alive because he's already been judged, convicted and sentenced by the majority no doubt about it! Where's the rope?

Funny no past records of MR being behind in child support. Funny even ER said he had worked hard and had been working a lot so had not been able to spend the time with Dylan that he had wanted too.

There is no doubt this child could have been abducted. When was this been ruled out?

Gee I wonder why LE would not ask TES to come?

Could it be LE and the FBI might know a lot behind the scenes? Could it be that Dylan's scent was tracked down to the end of the road as stated on that prayer vigil facebook page?

I wonder who could have picked Dylan up? Could it have been someone who knew him? Could it have been an abductor who saw him walking with a fishing rod? Could it have been someone who offered him a ride with wrong intentions?

You know that main road they were asking video's from wonder what they are looking for? Who knows if they have found something or not? Wonder who's vehicle they were looking for besides MR's? If it's a main road I'm pretty sure they have videos.

I guess that's just too hard to consider? Just like I had decided Clint Heichel was to blame for Whitney's disappearance and death! Yep I had him judged and convicted too, as did a lot of body language experts. Guess what? I was wrong as were a lot of other people.

I will say this MR sure looks like the perfect person to blame here no doubt about it. If he didn't seem that way he sure did after ER let eveyone know all about it.

I really hope Dylan comes home soon. He's missing a lot of school. Wonder who will get the reward? There's much more here behind the scenes than we know. Trust me on that.

Sorry Confusion, I can't stay and help you with your wonderful objectivity because I just don't have the patience. It's the same old same old :deadhorse: and I'm tired of :banghead:

There are too many other cases here that I feel like I can contribute to like possible victims of Israel Keys etc.

It seems to me like there would have to be some exchange explaining the situation between "have you heard from Dylan" and "we have to call the sheriff" because I don't think most people would automatically leap from "have you heard from Dylan" to it being a police matter without knowing more details first.

They did meet together. It's in one of the earlier articles.

They did meet together. It's in one of the earlier articles.

My question was about the day that Dylan went missing. The day that ER says MR would not call nor return texts from her and from his son Corey, who was also worried about his brother.

Funny isn't it that he says one thing and she says another?

I missed where he said he called her/Corey back or texted them back. She made it sound as if they kept trying to get through (that day/evening) but received no replies at all. Do you have something where he says he did get back with them that day/evening? I've looked, and I can't find it.

My question was about the day that Dylan went missing. The day that ER says MR would not call nor return texts from her and from his son Corey, who was also worried about his brother.

Only MR knows why he didn't return the calls/texts. It could have had something to do with the tone of the last conversation .. I don't know that to be true, but we've seen some "tone" that would cause me to ignore somebody...

imo

The silence from LE is deafening :banghead: So they gave us the Walmart photo but not McDonalds? The House has been cleared yet no word on the vehicles. Interesting :waitasec: MOO

BBM THIS has been bothering me a lot. I went to McD's for the first time in years the other day. It was the longest drive-through experience ever... long story... but back to Dylan, I had plenty of time to watch the surveillance monitors inside where the drive-through employees were taking orders. The video quality was amazing, I couldn't believe how good. I don't know for sure but I would think those videos would be recorded? And I imagine most McD's would have video cameras, right? For that matter it seems there should be more in Walmart, but maybe this was the best still shot they could get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member