CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall ER saying this. Do you have a link? I know she said he had a flip phone but flip phones can have GPS.

And Bender's statement makes me think the were checking Dylan's GPS.

Denise H that runs the Missing DR FB page said his phone didn't have GPS.

Bender does say "And we have been following up on

those right along, and there`s been no activity on his phone whatsoever

since Sunday evening sometime.

~ The word those is a curious word to use. :waitasec:

Just found it, you are right:

BENDER: My understanding is -- and our investigators have checked his

cell phone. Also, cell phones have GPS`s, so if they`re turned on, that

gives a general location of the person. And we have been following up on

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/28/ng.01.html
Bender said that investigators "have checked his cell phone." Does he mean cell phone records? I thought that GPS gives a very accurate location and not just a "general location" in order for turn by turn navigation to work. And by "no activity on his phone" does he mean no calls, texting or internet use? Does he include no pings by saying "no activity"?

When I think of why LE has not had a press conference, why ER or MR have not made a plea for a safe return and/or more information is beyond me. IMO, the only one that ER would plea to is not listening.

I can only speculate that LE is doing their job, investigating. I wish beyond anything that this was a case of Law & Order where it's resolved quickly, but investigations are time consuming and slow. They are not in the business of informing the public of everything they know/think.
I can only guess, and this is my opinion only, they have the information they need to investigate the disappearance of a child, they don't have the information they need to make an arrest, to prosecute a case. They have one shot to do it all right and all their ducks need to be in a row. Until then, we won't know and we won't hear anything.
As much as it kills everyone to wait, I can't even begin to imagine the waiting that ER is doing. :(

Bender does say "And we have been following up on

~ The word those is a curious word to use. :waitasec:

Good catch. Thanks for finding the Bender link.

This is slightly O T but not really. An AA just issued in Texas for this missing baby. I wanted to share the wording of it for everyone who's asked about the no AA in Dylans' case. You can see the difference in what LE knows in order to issue it vs . what they do not know in Dylan's case.
Also you can keep an eye out for this baby !

https://nwschat.weather.gov/p.php?pid=201212172201-KFWD-WOUS44-CAEFWD

Could the spokesman be referring to Mark's cell phone? Do we know if Mark's cell phone has GPS?

Azgrandma, do you know what kind of phone Mark has by any chance?

No i don't last time I was around him, cell phones weren't even invented lol

Many phone providers do not store TEXT messages at all and some store for a day or so. In order to review text messages, LE needs the phone. Even then they could have been deleted.

New Law trying to stop that:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-5...ress-we-need-logs-of-americans-text-messages/

Excerpt:

"Sgt. Gates sent a letter to T-Mobile in advance of obtaining the warrant for the T-Mobile phone records to ask the service provider to preserve the information that he expected to request by the warrant. T-Mobile produced the requested information on October 20, 2009, and the records show that Defendant's use of the T-Mobile cell phone was almost exclusively for text messaging. The results also reveal that T-Mobile does not store, and has no capacity to produce, the content of subscriber text messages.

I don't recall ER saying this. Do you have a link? I know she said he had a flip phone but flip phones can have GPS.

And Bender's statement makes me think the were checking Dylan's GPS.

I can't find an exact quote from ER that says this. I think I got the idea from this:

REDWINE: It`s extremely unusual for Dylan. I mean, you know, he wanted me to get him a smartphone so bad and in retrospect I wish I would have gotten him one quicker, but it was what I was going to get him for Christmas, what I`m going to get him for Christmas because he kind of outgrew his little -- his phone that he had. It was just a little flip phone. And he was just - - that thing was smoking by the time he was done.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/03/ng.01.html

I guess I assumed she was saying she wished she would have bought him a smartphone quicker because they would have been able to track Dylan by GPS. Sorry!

According to the timeline on the Find Dylan FB page, his phone does not have GPS. I'm not sure who is running the page (a family friend?), but the timeline does indicate that person has spoken to Mark. Here is the link, it's the first post on the left-hand side:

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine

Denise H. She is the friend that runs the Video Store that is the unofficial headquarters for Find Dylan. Been interviewed in the MSM. Was on NG too.

OK..so scratch my long winded theory if in fact true that 8:00pm was the permanently cut off forever point for Dylan's phone.. I was wrong in my believing that LE had never given us a specified exact time of when the phone's cut off time was..

I know early on there was no exact time given and its wide range of possible times PER LE were from "sometime the evening of Sunday, 11/18&#8220;...all the way to a statement PER LE "that it was no longer operable from the day he was reported missing, Monday, 11/19&#8220;.. <---this info was what my basis for possible theory came from.. since this info was at some point later corrected and clarified by LE I obviously missed it therefor my theory as a whole is baseless and wrong..my apologies.

Not necessarily. The only thing that LE has said on record (at least the only thing that I found) was that there was no activity on his cell phone record.

"staying in contact with his family and friends; and there’s been nothing on his cellphone record since he was reported missing.”

http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...ment-says-missing-teenager-did-not-run-away--

This exact same phrasing is repeated in a couple other articles. The information that his phone was turned off around 8pm came from a Facebook post, NOT LE, so I'm not taking it as fact.

I do wonder if in fact his phone was pinging, but because he doesn't have GPS on his phone, they were only able to triangulate it's general location which is far from exact. So, what I'm saying is maybe they tried to locate his phone, but were unable, and eventually it stopped pinging because the battery died.

Good points. So my next thought is....since Dylan and dad were apparently together from 8pm Sunday night till 7:30am Monday morning, what kind of phone does Mark have, where did it ping, and does it have gps? Was there any black out periods on Marks phone?

How did "sometime Sun. evening" become 8pm.? And, are the LE, FBI, etc. taking ER's word for it concerning what is on the cell phone records? Haven't they seen them??

Not necessarily. The only thing that LE has said on record (at least the only thing that I found) was that there was no activity on his cell phone record.

"staying in contact with his family and friends; and there’s been nothing on his cellphone record since he was reported missing.”

http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...ment-says-missing-teenager-did-not-run-away--

This exact same phrasing is repeated in a couple other articles. The information that his phone was turned off around 8pm came from a Facebook post, NOT LE, so I'm not taking it as fact.

I do wonder if in fact his phone was pinging, but because he doesn't have GPS on his phone, they were only able to triangulate it's general location which is far from exact. So, what I'm saying is maybe they tried to locate his phone, but were unable, and eventually it stopped pinging because the battery died.
Quoting myself:

I caused some confusion. Sorry. I wasn't challenging that there was no activity on his phone after 8pm. I was questioning whether it was actually turned off vs. it actually being on but not being used.

Quoting myself:

I caused some confusion. Sorry. I wasn't challenging that there was no activity on his phone after 8pm. I was questioning whether it was actually turned off vs. it actually being on but not being used.

I've been there and done that (posted) the same as you many times.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8645071&postcount=427"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #17[/ame]

this is a post from NC Analyzer that speaks to the government and cell phone technology.

Hope this helps some.

How did "sometime Sun. evening" become 8pm.? And, are the LE, FBI, etc. taking ER's word for it concerning what is on the cell phone records? Haven't they seen them??

Perhaps Mom put it out there and LE didn't intend to? Mom may of had access to his account online?

I wonder if Dylan ever turned off his phone (except maybe if forced to do so in school.) I would imagine that most teens never do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member