CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the bad feelings MR had for E that scares me. Scares me for Dylan's sake.

But has it not been said he hitch hiked once and he was with friends and it was pouring snow ?
So it was not a patten of behavior by any stretch of the imagination .

The hitching a lift home in the snow was just one anecdote from his friends that was included in that article "A Boy's Life" -

The boys hung out for “weeks on end during the summer,” Wesley said. “We wouldn’t go home forever.”
They stayed up late during sleepovers when Dylan was always the hyper one and played hide-and-go-seek for hours after dark. One time during a snowstorm, Dylan was the one to stick out his thumb and hitch the boys a ride home from the library.
http://http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687/A-boy’s-life--

Nobody went on to point out that this was a one time event. On the contrary, the same friend told another reporter that Dylan wasn't shy about hitching rides. I think the friends who spent those long days having fun together for weeks on end would have a pretty good idea of how Dylan might behave when not necessarily under the watchful eyes of parents.

The video clip of Dylan's friends at the top of the Boys Life article linked above also includes his friends saying
"There's a lot of memories I have with him ... most of them at the river ... Yep he liked going to the river..."
This has been another thing some have disputed IIRC.

The hitching a lift home in the snow was just one anecdote from his friends that was included in that article "A Boy's Life" -

http://http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687/A-boy’s-life--

Nobody went on to point out that this was a one time event. On the contrary, the same friend told another reporter that Dylan wasn't shy about hitching rides. I think the friends who spent those long days having fun together for weeks on end would have a pretty good idea of how Dylan might behave when not necessarily under the watchful eyes of parents.

The video clip of Dylan's friends at the top of the Boys Life article linked above also includes his friends saying

Thank you for all this info as i suck at finding links.

The river thing makes sense for playing with friends as there is a video on the facebook page from the summer (i think) and the boys seem to be at the river a lot in it. And just fooling around and being kids .

MOO. The first thing that sounded hinky to me is when MR was being interviewed once and he said "my problem is my ex-wife". Who says that when their kid is missing?

I could be wrong, but wasn't that after ER had said that she suspected him on GMA?

Well, if he was lying about breaking it, he could have been texting it anyway to try and keep his story seeming realistic. (I'm assuming he would actually have been texting, as that would be easy to check just by looking at his phone.)

Again, it's just a theory to consider. I'm still on the fence.

i tried to double-quote you and jjenny...sorry.

in the same vein, why then during the initial search of the home (before the warrant) was bender looking for the phone? on a bed? when MR said his phone was gone and he had slept on the couch?

"We were checking the basement and other rooms, we were seeing if there had been something left on the bed, like his cellphone," Bender said."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/investigators-search-home-missing-colo-boys-father/story?id=17840755

poor reporting, MR lying, or LE not believing him? thoughts?

I am sorry, but the broken phone theory doesn't work. MR says he was texting Dylan. Why would he be texting Dylan if he knew the phone was broken?

I suspect that it seemed like the battery had run flat the evening before. So perhaps it was put onto the charger that night, but Dylan didn't realise it was in fact completely kaput until he got up the next morning.
:moo:

I was wondering if from MR's home there might have been a short cut to DR's destination that was not along the road but through the woods, etc. It sounds like he is an adventrous kid and maybe the thought he could get there faster if he took off through the woods. He could of had an accident or met up with wild animal. I don't remember reading that the dogs searched the woods along the highway into Bayfield. just a thought.

in the same vein, why then during the initial search of the home (before the warrant) was bender looking for the phone? on a bed? when MR said his phone was gone and he had slept on the couch?

"We were checking the basement and other rooms, we were seeing if there had been something left on the bed, like his cellphone," Bender said."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/investigators-search-home-missing-colo-boys-father/story?id=17840755

Maybe they were just double checking thinking MR had not done a thorough search. jmo

Thank you for all this info as i suck at finding links.

The river thing makes sense for playing with friends as there is a video on the facebook page from the summer (i think) and the boys seem to be at the river a lot in it. And just fooling around and being kids .

bbm - so do I! :) But I have tried to keep a mental note of the ones that contain direct quotes as they seem most valuable :)

I suspect that it seemed like the battery had run flat the evening before. So perhaps it was put onto the charger that night, but Dylan didn't realise it was in fact completely kaput until he got up the next morning.

Phones make a noise when they are put on charge in my experience so you would know straight away if it was not charging .

And if the phone was broken then he would of left it behind as you cant just fix a phone now. So why carry around a broken phone and charger ?

IMO this is exactly why i can not say with convection that MR is innocent as logically alarm bells keep ringing for me.

MOO

O/T - glad I'm not the only one who is clueless about double quoting. I tried to do it this morning, and gave up.

To answer your question, who knows? LE just checking to be sure? MR saying "He must have his phone, I can't find it." but not specifically saying he knew Dylan took the phone? LE checking to try and see if MR's story fits the facts?

There is just so much we don't know about this case... all we can do is guess. And in the meantime, the days pass and we are all left to wonder and hope and pray...

I am trying to get a feel for MR's desire to be evasive and surprising.

We debated this earlier: Elaine Redwine told ABC News she was having a difficult time getting in touch with her ex-husband about their son.
"He hasn't had any contact with us. [My older son] tried to get a hold of him by texting him, and he wouldn't respond," she said. "I just find it odd that at a time like this, he would be so evasive."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-bo...-disappearance/story?id=17813458#.UN8WOo7CGQI

I also thought it was MR who had "mechanical problems" with his flight home from out-of-town work so Elaine was the one to change Dylan's flight. Can't find the link, tho.

Wonder if police checked the toilet for fingerprints - recent prints of Dylan could have put him at his father's house. If Dylan was there from 8 pm to the morning he would have had to use the john.

Why would he need a realistic story if he believed the phone was broken but Dylan was fine? It doesn't add up.

Earlier I posted a theory - which I said was a stretch, but I'm looking at everything from every direction - in which I said that maybe MR broke the phone in anger, but when he realized Dylan was missing, he didn't want to admit that. He wanted to make himself look "better," look like a "good father." And so he didn't tell them about an argument, or breaking a phone.

IF that were the case, and he wanted to keep his story realistic, he would text the phone even if he knew it was broken, because a "good father" would be trying to reach his son.

Again, I'm just trying to look at every possibility, from every angle. I don't know what really happened, and until there is some solid evidence I want to keep looking.

I am trying to get a feel for MR's desire to be evasive and surprising.

We debated this earlier: Elaine Redwine told ABC News she was having a difficult time getting in touch with her ex-husband about their son.
"He hasn't had any contact with us. [My older son] tried to get a hold of him by texting him, and he wouldn't respond," she said. "I just find it odd that at a time like this, he would be so evasive."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-bo...-disappearance/story?id=17813458#.UN8WOo7CGQI

I also thought it was MR who had "mechanical problems" with his flight home from out-of-town work so Elaine was the one to change Dylan's flight. Can't find the link, tho.

IIRC it was the flight Dylan was supposed to be on that had mechanical faults and so his flight had to be rescheduled.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...S29/Family-keeps-faith-through-adverse-time--

the above link also makes mention of hitchiking

Similarly, while some of Dylan's Bayfield friends suggested he might hitchhike down from Vallecito to Bayfield for a scheduled visit with them, Elaine Redwine said she and Dylan had talked about being safe, including not hitchhiking.

“It would be uncharacteristic of Dylan to do that,” she said

...Again, I'm just trying to look at every possibility, from every angle. I don't know what really happened, and until there is some solid evidence I want to keep looking.

How would he realize that Dylan was missing? He came home from running errands. Dylan was not home, but why would he assume Dylan was missing at that time? Why wouldn't he just think Dylan went off to meet friends or whatever? That would be the normal assumption. It makes no sense that he would start texting the cell phone if he knew it was broken, because he would not expect to need a good story.

imo Dylan would have been very unlikely to have hitch hiked in his mother's presence, or have necessarily told her all about it when he had. He had lots of freedom by all accounts, which I think is important for boys who love to ride around or head off on adventures at the river. He sounds like a great kid, but mum mightn't necessarily know about every aspect of his days out with friends. In my experience with many boys, they do tend to keep the things that they know will freak out mum to themselves.
I'm still going with his friend's opinions on this score

How would he realize that Dylan was missing? He came home from running errands. Dylan was not home, but why would he assume Dylan was missing at that time? Why wouldn't he just think Dylan went off to meet friends or whatever? That would be the normal assumption. It makes no sense that he would start texting the cell phone if he knew it was broken, because he would not expect to need a good story.

But on the other hand surely MR would of been annoyed at best?

He makes plans with his son to pick him up at 11-30am and he arrives home and no note or text to explain where his son has gone.

I think most parents would be a tad concerned that they had plans and his son is not where he should be & no explanation ?

So i have always wanted to see the texts from that morning and afternoon to sense the tone in them.

IMO , MOO!

Earlier I posted a theory - which I said was a stretch, but I'm looking at everything from every direction - in which I said that maybe MR broke the phone in anger, but when he realized Dylan was missing, he didn't want to admit that. He wanted to make himself look "better," look like a "good father." And so he didn't tell them about an argument, or breaking a phone.

IF that were the case, and he wanted to keep his story realistic, he would text the phone even if he knew it was broken, because a "good father" would be trying to reach his son.

Again, I'm just trying to look at every possibility, from every angle. I don't know what really happened, and until there is some solid evidence I want to keep looking.

IMO if your child was missing you wouldn't be coming up with stories to make yourself look 'better' look like a 'good father' if you were innocent, you would be as upfront as possible, because you would want your child found ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbod153