CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
when did it come out that it was written in a text message to his friend? was that before December?

Saturday 24th November is the first mention I can find about the 6:30am meeting with RN.

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121124/NEWS01/121129756/Mystery-lingers-over-missing-teen--

First mentioned here by GateKeeper on 25th November .....

11-25-2012, 03:02 PM

GateKeeper

http://www.durangoherald.com/article...missing-teen--

Quote:
RN, 13, a friend of Dylan’s said in a phone interview Saturday that Dylan was originally going to Bayfield to visit his friends Sunday night but then changed that to meet them at 6:30 a.m. Monday.
Quote:
RN said he and his friends expected Dylan’s father to drive him into town from Vallecito, but Dylan never arrived.

Talking about the clothing and the scents needed for the dogs. Someone had a link on here about taking dogs (i can't remember what thread or who ) but there are dogs that are trained to smell items used by multiple people, like a throw blanket. It was kind of interesting, i.e. the dog smells the blanket that mom, dad and child use; mom and dad stand near the dog and somehow the dog knows to search for the other scent. It would be neat to know if those types of specially trained dogs were available.

6.30AM is pretty early for a kid who is 'not a morning person'. My guess is they planned to fish or explore locally, since thats a bit early to be hanging out in a mates room.

6.30AM is pretty early for a kid who is 'not a morning person'. My guess is they planned to fish or explore locally, since thats a bit early to be hanging out in a mates room.

No, I think the friend said the only reason D was coming so early was because MR had early appointments that morning.

6.30 am is early for appointments too.

My teen would likely just arrange things for later in the day (then try to negotiate an extension on curfew time) I don't think he, or his friends would be up at that early hour during school vacation time.

It's not really important, just an odd thing. (to me)

It was pretty much because of the type of tickets he got, IIRC it had something to do with getting discounted flights from Kings Soopers and those were only accepted on certain flights/times. Visitation was set and was changed a couple of times.

I never believed the restrictions that were on the flights because once you know what the restrictions are, you arrange your flight around that. The changes were slight but over the holidays.

thank you again, azg.

so, when visitation was scheduled he changed the flights/times even though there were discount restrictions. that must have cost him. and if i am reading correctly, he paid for the flights.

in dylan's case, MR came home to pick him up from the airport but elaine had changed the flight.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...S29/Family-keeps-faith-through-adverse-time--

"He specifically came back Nov. 17 to pick up Dylan at the airport. But Redwine said there had been some mechanical problem with the plane, so Dylan's mother rescheduled for Dylan to fly in Sunday evening."

maybe, perhaps, possibly, MR felt like ER had "pulled a fast one" on him? as in the past, once before, that was MR's m-o?

just a thought. need coffee.

thank you again, azg.

so, when visitation was scheduled he changed the flights/times even though there were discount restrictions. that must have cost him. and if i am reading correctly, he paid for the flights.

in dylan's case, MR came home to pick him up from the airport but elaine had changed the flight.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...S29/Family-keeps-faith-through-adverse-time--

"He specifically came back Nov. 17 to pick up Dylan at the airport. But Redwine said there had been some mechanical problem with the plane, so Dylan's mother rescheduled for Dylan to fly in Sunday evening."

maybe, perhaps, possibly, MR felt like ER had "pulled a fast one" on him? as in the past, once before, that was MR's m-o?

just a thought. need coffee.

So he pays extra $$$ for the flight and had to pay a lawyer for all these legal maneuvers re: visitation, takes him on a trip of a lifetime in summer? MR must have not been doing too badly with his career so why not just pay child support? Also some questions have arisen that if MR were involved it would be save $$ on child support, but it doesn't seem like he ' needed' to save money , more like he wanted to or just doing it out of spite ? To be difficult?

Probably won't be a popular sentiment, but I have a strong feeling that MRs only mistake was not realizing how badly Dylan wanted to go to his friend's house when he left him there alone. I still, and probably always have, feel that Dylan took off on foot or bike or hitchiking while MR was gone, left for his friend's house and something happened on the way. Are there bike trails that lead roughly from one to the other or something? I would think those would've all been checked before the snow came though. This feels like (I know I've said it before) Elizabeth and Lyric, where our amazing powers of deduction here at WS are aimed so strongly at relatives that we completely miss the real situation. What we know for SURE is that he wanted to go see his friends badly. Even if there was a fight, argument, whatever... no matter HOW he ended up NOT with MR I would presume that he'd head for his friends, if he had any ability to do so whatsoever.

IMHO of course.

Probably won't be a popular sentiment, but I have a strong feeling that MRs only mistake was not realizing how badly Dylan wanted to go to his friend's house when he left him there alone. I still, and probably always have, feel that Dylan took off on foot or bike or hitchiking while MR was gone, left for his friend's house and something happened on the way. Are there bike trails that lead roughly from one to the other or something? I would think those would've all been checked before the snow came though. This feels like (I know I've said it before) Elizabeth and Lyric, where our amazing powers of deduction here at WS are aimed so strongly at relatives that we completely miss the real situation. What we know for SURE is that he wanted to go see his friends badly. Even if there was a fight, argument, whatever... no matter HOW he ended up NOT with MR I would presume that he'd head for his friends, if he had any ability to do so whatsoever.

IMHO of course.

To be fair, it is impossible to know for sure who killed the girls in Iowa. It is possible that some sort of relative is involved, IMO.

As far as Dylan goes, the bit about the cereal and the TV, if true, makes it appear that Dylan was awake and just hanging around until his father returned.

Still, it all comes back to the non-contact by Dylan to his friend. He made it pretty clear he would be in touch if he could not find his friend, so I feel certain he would have done so if he was the one who was the no-show, if he was able.

I just want to say that I am open to all possibilities of what could of happened to Dylan. I haven't and won't be condemning MR until I see actual evidence.
:fence:

That is JMO. I know we are all entitled to that. :seeya:

:twocents:

To be fair, it is impossible to know for sure who killed the girls in Iowa. It is possible that some sort of relative is involved, IMO.

Very true. All I'm saying is, if one is to keep an open mind, then all relevant roads will lead them to the perp, regardless of whether it is family or not.

If one keeps a narrow mind and follows only one or two possible scenarios, their chosen road may lead them nowhere.

I'm glad WS has such open minded folks. :rocker:

I have looked at other theory's but I can never move past MR as it simply does not make sense . It always for me comes back to Sunday night IMO

I still consider stranger abduction, but cannot give it as much weight unless we hear a logical explanation for Dylan not using his phone again, in fact basically ceasing in mid-conversation. I admit that this is my biggest problem.

t
IMHO of course.

I agree, and have felt all along that the question of hitchhiking has been too readily discounted. There was some history there, and I believe more than the one incident in the snow storm. Dylan's friends said he was not afraid to hitch, and their first assumption was that something had happened while he was trying to get a ride. http://http://durangoherald.com/article/20121124/NEWS01/121129756/Mystery-lingers-over-missing-teen

The boys said Dylan wasn’t shy about hitching rides.
“Honestly, I think he was walking into Bayfield and got taken away,” he said.

Considering ER felt it necessary to warn him about hitching before this trip .... it's a likely scenario IMO.

Considering ER felt it necessary to warn him about hitching before this trip .... it's a likely scenario IMO.

But has it not been said he hitch hiked once and he was with friends and it was pouring snow ?
So it was not a patten of behavior by any stretch of the imagination .

I so agree ..... :)

And if MR was angry enough with Dylan’s complete attention towards texting, and temporarily took/disabled Dylan’s phone/charger and refused permission for Dylan to use his own phone or computer, then I’d think that Dylan would certainly have been angry enough to fall asleep on the couch watching TV rather than interact with his father, and refuse to stir when MR tried to get him up to go to bed at night or get him up in the morning.

Jumping off of your thought - just because we have nothing new to talk about.

Dylan wants to go to his friends that night. Dad says no. Dylan (knowing his dad has appointments the next morning,) texts his friend that he can come over at 6:30 the next morning. He does this without clearing it with MR first. His friend says that it's okay, and then Dylan tells MR he's going there early in the morning.

MR doesn't want to take him that early. They argue, MR takes the phone, turns it off, damages it, whatever... it is now no longer working. They get to the house, Dylan wants his phone back, wants to use the computer, Dad is really mad. He just got there and he wants to spend all his time online or with his friends. MR won't let him use the computer (is it password protected?) or his phone. Dylan gets mad and turns on the TV and falls asleep on the couch. MR goes to bed. Gets up, leaves without waking Dylan.

Dylan wakes up, locates his phone wherever Dad set it - it is either in need of a charge, or broken. He grabs a quick bowl of cereal, packs up his stuff, and takes off walking, intending to hitch a ride or get to a phone where he can call for one. He's mad at his dad, he doesn't want to stay and talk to him when he gets back. He catches a ride with the wrong person, and he's gone.

MR gets home, no sign of Dylan. He figures he got a ride to his friends house. Decides to let them both "cool down" and he'll pick him up later. The rest of the story goes as MR has said. He eventually goes to the friends house, finds him not there, calls ER, heads to the police.

But MR doesn't want to say they fought. Doesn't want to say he took his phone and broke it, or whatever. He changes the story to make himself look "better." Says they got home, tossed around the football for a bit. That Dylan was tired, and so went to sleep early. That he was going to take Dylan to his friend's, but Dylan didn't want to get up.

I don't know... it's a stretch, I freely admit. But since we were looking at some alternatives last night... I thought I'd throw it out there.

And as to the fishing pole... from what a friend told me when her child ran away for a brief time, the police asked her to look around the house and see if anything was missing. She was panicked, noticed some stupid figurine wasn't sitting in it's usual place. She was convinced that figurine was gone, had been taken either by her child, or whoever took her child - she didn't know if he had run away or not. Turned out later that another child had broken it and tossed it out, and forgotten to tell the mom. So maybe they asked MR, he noticed a fishing pole was missing and in his panic, decided Dylan must have taken it and gone fishing. In reality, maybe it had been lost some time before, and he had never noticed it. But he became focused on that, and decided in his mind that Dylan going fishing was what had happened.

Again, I'm not saying this is what happened. I'm just trying to keep an open mind and look at all possibilities, until we have some more solid evidence to point us one way or the other. Until then, I continue to sit on the fence. As always, JMO.

I have looked at other theory's but I can never move past MR as it simply does not make sense . It always for me comes back to Sunday night IMO

Dylan's phone going off mid text Sunday night bothers me as well.

And, the fact that MR didn't make any public statements about Dylan's disappearance until 9 days later. That is just not typical of a parent whose child has disappeared into thin air. Add to that in the beginning he was evasive with ER & CR too. Definitely suspicious behavior IMO.

I am the same, I've considered other theories and also keep coming back to the sunday night.

we've heard different 'stories' about that sunday night, mostly we've heard Dylan was asleep early, or the hours have been glossed over, yet re reading over the FMDR facebook page today I saw a post from november where a 10pm bed time was mentioned byMR.

to me the abduction theories while 'possible' don't seem probable because it means a whole heap of explaining away coincidences and trying to fit round pegs into square holes.

Dylan's phone going off mid text Sunday night bothers me as well.

And, the fact that MR didn't make any public statements about Dylan's disappearance until 9 days later. That is just not typical of a parent whose child has disappeared into thin air. Add to that in the beginning he was evasive with ER & CR too. Definitely suspicious behavior IMO.

Wouldn't it have been nice if one of the last texts to his friend said ' well my battery's about to die, so i'll have to ttyl' . I think that simple line would give us all a lot of peace. And my experience with teens and texting is they know DARN well if they're about to lose battery and make that very clear in a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purpleflowerrrs