CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK the only reason we are allowed to "sleuth" MR is because he is the last person known to have seen DR alive.

"There's no proof he was there" does not imply "There is proof that he was not there."
Affirming a disjunct - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If that was the case then we could sleuth most family's in other threads and its strictly not allowed .

From what i can gather this is quite rare that the rules was changed in this thread. Please show me if i am wrong.

You can not simply explain away lack of phone use and you can not also simply explain away the fact nobody besides MR claims to have seen him after Sunday night , after his phone mystically stops working .

Then the fact Dylan took all most of his stuff with when he vanished , again not normal when you are off to fish .

MOO, IMHO, IMO

There is no proof that Dylan didn't arrive at the house.

And the Facebook page is not MSM.

I keep wondering if Dylan made a phone call (or calls) from the landline. That would confirm to police he'd been there, and what time or times.

I kept seeing people post that the stuff on the facebook was just rumor, so now that's how I'm treating it. The admin posts the stuff, and she had stated on there that she gets all her info from Elaine. I wonder where Elaine gets it from.

"Dylan" could have made a call to a number that only Dylan would have bothered calling, and then hung up while it was ringing.

MR could have forced DR to give up his passwords.

MR could certainly have taken hairs off Dylan's body and put them in a brush.

My point is that if LE stated any of this, people would just pick it apart and claim that MR was trying to cover his tracks. MOO

bbm - Questioning things (or "picking them apart") isn't a terrible thing to do. LE isn't likely to give honest, transparent statements to the general public in a criminal investigation. It's part of what "we do" here, is to ask questions and look at individuals like MR who were the last to see a missing person, when there are unanswered questions.

I keep wondering if Dylan made a phone call (or calls) from the landline. That would confirm to police he'd been there, and what time or times.

I kept seeing people post that the stuff on the facebook was just rumor, so now that's how I'm treating it. The admin posts the stuff, and she had stated on there that she gets all her info from Elaine. I wonder where Elaine gets it from.

If Dylan were to make any phones from a landline, then he'd have likely phoned his friend who was waiting for him. But he didn't. So, I am not wondering if Dylan made a phone call from a landline.

I think it still pings even after its powered off the phone has to have the battery removed or its smashed.

If that phone was still pinging LE would have some idea where he was that night.

JMO

I am not really sure what you consider MSM. I have several sources of my info, but not sure exactly what is considered MSM. Eileen, I believe what you say here is true also, but not totally sure of that one. I am not a cell phone tower professional :0

What passwords? There is no evidence Dylan used any of networking sites since Sunday, as far as I can tell.

Since his last message at 8:01 pm Sunday evening, he just goes *poof* and vanishes off the face of the earth.

This kid who wanted a new phone so he could check and post to his facebook more easily, has not been on facebook. This child who loved and talked to his mom every day, has not texted or called her since then. This boy to whom his friends meant so much (according to both MR and ER) has not contacted any of his friends since 8:01 Sunday night.

What happened to Dylan Redwine?

If one or more of the RSOs had a shaky alibi, I think they'd say just what they said. Note that he doesn't specify the quality or reliability of the alibis, or even if they have verified them -

Phippen said all of the local registered sex offenders had been checked out and had alibis for the 48-hour period from when Dylan arrived at the airport to the time he was reported missing.

My friend is a parole officer. Much of her time is spent checking out alibis of her 'clients.' if there is an unsolved rape or assault, she has to check with her parolees and see where they were at the time.

She works for Los Angeles county, so she is busy.
RSO's are expected to show 'official' proof of where they spent their time. Many of them are in residential homes or halfway houses, where there is a monitor who knows where everyone is.

Others live with family who must legally swear to their whereabouts. That is one i worry most about, because a mom or a sibling might very well LIE about the RSO being home that night.

But if they say they were at a movie and dinner then they need to show ticket stubs and atm receipts and LE will often go pull the video cams to verify. My friend told me that most RSOs purposely choose places that DO have video cams so they can prove their alibis, if need be. They want to be able to say they were at Taco Bell and then at the AMC for a movie, and be able to PROVE IT in case of a local crime they could be accused of.

If that was the case then we could sleuth most family's in other threads and its strictly not allowed .

From what i can gather this is quite rare that the rules was changed in this thread. Please show me if i am wrong.

Just because you choose not to believe there is nothing off does not make it so IMHO.

You can not simply explain away lack of phone use and you can not also simply explain away the fact nobody besides MR claims to have seen him after Sunday night , after his phone mystically stops working .

Then the fact Dylan took all most of his stuff with when he vanished , again not normal when you are off to fish .

MOO, IMHO, IMO

I've been in a bunch of threads where family was allowed to be sleuthed. Mackenzie Cowell. Shantina Smiley (which wasn't even a murder.) In both cases family (including boyfriends) were definitely sleuthed.

Lack of phone use was discussed already, many many threads ago. The phone not working has also already been discussed. All with very plausible reasons as to how this could happen without MR being a murderer.

Dylan taking his stuff would point towards him trying to hitchhike rather than fish. Which fits in with (a) that he was known to hitchhike, (b) that he wanted to visit his friends, and (c) other cases where children vanished in similar circumstances.

I'm taking a vacation from this thread. A lot of this information has been repeated time and time again, the choice to ignore it is not mine.

If Dylan were to make any phones from a landline, then he'd have likely phoned his friend who was waiting for him. But he didn't. So, I am not wondering if Dylan made a phone call from a landline.

Has R said that Dylan didn't call him Sunday night?

I've been in a bunch of threads where family was allowed to be sleuthed. Mackenzie Cowell. Shantina Smiley (which wasn't even a murder.) In both cases family (including boyfriends) were definitely sleuthed.

Lack of phone use was discussed already, many many threads ago. The phone not working has also already been discussed. All with very plausible reasons as to how this could happen without MR being a murderer.

Dylan taking his stuff would point towards him trying to hitchhike rather than fish. Which fits in with (a) that he was known to hitchhike, (b) that he wanted to visit his friends, and (c) other cases where children vanished in similar circumstances.

I'm taking a vacation from this thread. A lot of this information has been repeated time and time again, the choice to ignore it is not mine.

OK Sorry I asked? But thanks?!

Even if the police asked the person to keep it to themselves?

Cheese, I think everyone on here who is active knows what I feel about this situation, but you do bring up a valid point here. I do wonder if there are some things such as this that the police are not sharing. Thanks for bringing it up. Even though I haven't changed my mind :)

He hitch hiked once in snow with friends. It is not a patten of behavior and it is different to do something like that in numbers than by himself when his father was due to pick him up.

And why would he take his personal belongs to visit friends , i can not imagine if you are planning to have fun you want a bag on your back all day!

And if his phone died then why not leave a note or wait for dad to get home as it was his way to contact Elaine.

And then if it was broken then why take it with him as its not like he can fix it and shops can not fix phones as they send them away so that's not a option .

So in your picture we have

a child with no working phone, no way to contact anybody and he has 98% of his belongings on him and has no idea what his friends are up to and his dad is due home to pick him up .

And he just sets off on his merry way and vanishes to never be seen again ?

Since his last message at 8:01 pm Sunday evening, he just goes *poof* and vanishes off the face of the earth.

This kid who wanted a new phone so he could check and post to his facebook more easily, has not been on facebook. This child who loved and talked to his mom every day, has not texted or called her since then. This boy to whom his friends meant so much (according to both MR and ER) has not contacted any of his friends since 8:01 Sunday night.

What happened to Dylan Redwine?

Great post! Here we are on yet another new thread and all we know for sure is that a child that communicated regularly with his loved ones and had no reason to flee them has disappeared without a trace.

Cheese, I think everyone on here who is active knows what I feel about this situation, but you do bring up a valid point here. I do wonder if there are some things such as this that the police are not sharing. Thanks for bringing it up. Even though I haven't changed my mind :)

Thanks, princessk. I'm not trying to change anybody's mind. We each have to do this the way that works best for us, and come to our own conclusions in our own way. I respect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor