CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my FruitTingles. I was so crossing my fingers for a New Years baby!!

Thinking this thread needs to be on baby watch at least till the 14th :giggle:

I looked for a Mars Bar at the store the other day to do my part, but they didn't have any. :(

I know from a timeline La Plata County Search and Rescue brought the dogs on Tuesday, but I have not seen that they had the dogs there on Monday. I'm sorry to ask this, but do you have a link or a cite?

Linked many times. Last time will be around page 18, or 20 of this thread by me and Ransom.

ETA Links

Members of La Plata County Search & Rescue team using bloodhounds searched for the teen Monday night and Tuesday. The search area included the shoreline around Vallecito Lake, several small subdivisions, county roads, steep wooded hillsides and hiking trails. Many of the homes in the area are seasonal while some are occupied year around'

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...g-since-monday

'La Plata County Search and Rescue members searched for Redwine Monday night in areas of County Road 500. Residents who have expressed an interest in assisting are being asked to search their properties and areas of Vallecito they are familiar with'

http://www.laplatasar.org/www/index....d=21&Itemid=46

I looked for a Mars Bar at the store the other day to do my part, but they didn't have any. :(

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

My sister swore it was me doing donuts on an icy patch of road. I decided not to try it again but it worked :)

IMO there is one very important thing not listed here.

This is IMO JMO

I don't believe we can discuss that. MOO

ETA: Sorry, I thought you were talking about something else until I just looked at your links more closely.

The one thing forgotten is that LE was searching with K9's within hours of Dylan being reported missing.

This is IMO JMO

And it's pretty safe to conclude they didn't find anything.

question...is it unusual (from your own or friends' experiences) for a spouse not to know what his or her ex's exact occupation is? whether amicable or estranged.

thanks in advance...

In this particular instance it is considering that would be information filed by each side for the Court to consider since it was about custody.

JMO

ETA Forgot to mention that I believe the last date they were in Court was Novemer? I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Linked many times. Last time will be around page 18, or 20 of this thread by me and Ransom.

ETA Links

Members of La Plata County Search & Rescue team using bloodhounds searched for the teen Monday night and Tuesday. The search area included the shoreline around Vallecito Lake, several small subdivisions, county roads, steep wooded hillsides and hiking trails. Many of the homes in the area are seasonal while some are occupied year around'

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...g-since-monday

'La Plata County Search and Rescue members searched for Redwine Monday night in areas of County Road 500. Residents who have expressed an interest in assisting are being asked to search their properties and areas of Vallecito they are familiar with'

http://www.laplatasar.org/www/index....d=21&Itemid=46

Thank you! I tried to find it myself in msm, but couldn't find it. :blushing: :seeya:

In this particular instance it is considering that would be information filed by each side for the Court to consider since it was about custody.

JMO

But if he does contract work, he could just claim that he is self-employed. (because if he is an independent contractor) he is. (that would also explain the "no comment" from the place he's thought to work.)

But if he does contract work, he could just claim that he is self-employed. (because if he is an independent contractor) he is. (that would also explain the "no comment" from the place he's thought to work.)

Still has to state what type of work he does. It is part of what the Court would consider whether that is self employed or not.

Still has to state what type of work he does. It is part of what the Court would consider whether that is self employed or not.

You do, but you're given wide leeway. As long as it sounds legit, they don't delve into it. Many men claim to be "contractors" ...that could be anything from construction, to yard work, to many other things, I'm quite sure. Some claim not to be employed, or to be employed "sporadically." Then they work under the table for cash.

Anyway, I was just guessing. It would explain a couple of things that were bothering us though. Those were just a couple of thoughts I had.

Hi Rebeccaeee,
I know you spoke about not knowing, or not being able to find out if MR owned a gun or not due to registration being prohibited in CO. I included your screen name in the correction about gun purchasing in CO to the statement by Cattlekate because she had quoted your post in her response.

Just a courtesy so that you (and others) were aware that her statement was wrong in re: to buying with abandon at gun shows. Perhaps CK was confused as to the difference registration vs. background checks (I'll have to go back and look to see how she got to purchasing weapons at gun shows from talking about registration of ownership)?

Sorry for any confusion as to why I mentioned you.

No problem! In Nevada, another "wild west" kind of state, we are well acquainted with gun show purchases. Big business.

That is what happened in the Mickey Shunick case. LE and family both went strangely silent, and locals were worried that the case was growing cold. Turns out it was just the opposite. LE had a perp under surveillance and didn't want anything said that would clue him in. We can only hope that's the case here.

This is exactly what happened even though many of us already knew who was probably responsible but had not been disclosed in MSM so we had to wait.

You do, but you're given wide leeway. As long as it sounds legit, they don't delve into it. Many men claim to be "contractors" ...that could be anything from construction, to yard work, to many other things, I'm quite sure. Some claim not to be employed, or to be employed "sporadically." Then they work under the table for cash.

Anyway, I was just guessing. It would explain a couple of things that were bothering us though. Those were just a couple of thoughts I had.

In this instance I will have to agree to disagree simply for the fact that it was with respect to custody and the ability for a parent to take care of the child is paramount and is usually included in the filings.

Having said that, I do know some judges don't ask as many questions or review the filings like they should.

MOO

They asked my ex how much he makes, and took his word for it. He was not even required to produce tax returns. Unless you file a motion for discovery, many things you wouldn't think would be ignored, are.

But still, like I said, it's just a thought. Maybe not a very good one.

<I must say IMO you are not alone in your comparing these two cases.. and IMO dependant upon what one's opinion is on the most likeliest scenarios or theories in this case that led to Dylan's no longer being here, that THE COMPARISON MAY IN FACT BE WARRANTED WITH THE TWO CASES BEING MORE SIMILAR, THAN NOT...>
Snipped by me, and hopefully I haven't taken this portion out of context by doing that.
Thanks for that post SO, as I have long noticed the similarities between the cases as well as the differences in the public's and media's reactions to them.
One big difference IMO, is that the community as a whole (including LE and the media) in Jessica's case was already on high alert - iirc there were many different reports of attempted abductions or suspicious behaviour both before and after Jessica's abduction. There were already descriptions of various vehicles and suspects being circulated and everyone was trying to link them together - not necessarily successfully, but the media and community awareness was already there. to a certain extent. Combine that awareness with the fact that Sigg made mistakes, and that case unfolded fairly quickly from the time Jessica was reported missing forward.

These horrible crimes can and do happen anywhere. That's why we hear expressions of surprise so often from those who just don't expect these things can happen to them/people like them/in their towns. In Dylan's case geography and the very lay of the land have made the search for evidence so much harder. I just don't think it has been helped either by keeping the focus only on MR, when it really could have been anyone - local, visiting, or passing through and long gone.

If reporters are following this line of thinking, if they are sitting back waiting for their big story to break when MR "slips up", then they are doing Dylan and the public a great disservice. Maybe that big story will come their way, but I shudder to think that in the meantime there is a chance that someone else could be feeling quite smug about the blame for their actions being deflected so easily.

This is VERY true. I know this from my own personal experience AND from professional work.

In my area, when employment seems intentionally obscure, judges simply assign child support based on minimum wage. I've seen some "contractors" rolling in dough pay minimum wage child support.

So sad for children when they know they're only considered a financial burden. Especially when they see the parent living quite well.

I know a man who is manager of a bank who is currently getting away with paying a whopping $50 a month in support for 2 teenage boys. He claims other "financial burdens" yet golfs almost daily, takes weeklong resort trips, lives in a very nice golf course home, goes out often, and parties like there's no tomorrow. He lives in the same town as his sons yet didn't attend any of their sports events, even though he travels out of town to pro sporting events! I can't imagine how they feel.

And they do NOT like having to do forced visitation with him. Can you blame them? They know it is only about control for him. His older son is starting to refuse to go and they are fighting about it. His poor mother has to be the one to make him go. Then his dad golfs all weekend, goes out with his buds at night, and the kids have to be supervised by a stepmother they abhor.

With his father not seeing him much when he lived in the same town and knowing his mom had to be in court often for many years, I can understand why Dylan wanted to go straight from the airport to his friend's house!

The one thing forgotten is that LE was searching with K9's within hours of Dylan being reported missing.

This is IMO JMO
Sure! Add it to the list, dogs were used in both cases.. anyone can make a list of the similarities .. I didn't forget anything as I stated clearly that my list were STRICTLY THOSE OF WHICH IMMEDIATELY CAME TO MIND FOR ME PERSONALLY AND THAT THERE ARE OTHERS OF WHICH I DID NOT LIST..

The point of the post remains regardless of what or how many are added to the list.. jmo.

I choose not to take anyones word about the cell reception there because I've seen one say there is no service there and I've seen others (more than 1)say that texts worked there.

I've said it before and I'll say it again sometimes it comes down to the type of phone being used.

Not long back I was only holidays with friends in an area where mobile (cell) reception is supposedly non existent, out of 5 people on a balcony 2 had reception one day, the next day 4 had reception.

it varies

It varies by provider as well. At my home in the Colorado mountains, T-Mobile works well and Cricket works sometimes. AT&T and Verizon users can just forget it. So the argument that WS members with AT&T and Verizon phones couldn't even send a text at MR's isn't really relevant unless we know that's the service Dylan's phone was on.

I really fail to even see why sleuthing of MR possibly owning guns is necessary? This is ridiculous.

I just cannot imagine the pain and horror this family is going through. To not know where you child is, I cannot fathom. I hope for Elaine and Mark their child is found and that he is safe. For Dylan, I am so sorry for anything that he has gone through and my heart is breaking. You do not deserve this. You only should be protected and loved. For all the things you may have suffered I am so sorry. I feel so helpless and this feeling makes me sick.I really cannot believe you have not been found. This is not real. Oh my, please bring this child home. As a grandmother of six and great grandmother of one this has been a lesson of loving more and overlooking the things that aggravate and annoy me. I am just so happy they are there. This has been a lesson for me. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor