CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a post on the find dylan Facebook page from a friend that said dylan had talked about running away before. I meant to bookmark it, but I didn't. I'll look for it and come back with details. The reason it stood out to me was because it was recent. It just stood out to me that a friend of his was posting it. Obviously him not using his phone, Facebook, etc. means he probably didn't run away, but you never know I guess.

Edited to add if this was discussed disregard :)

Found it. It was initials JAL posted Saturday (not sure what time or day for US, but saturday in Bangkok) and it is a cousin saying he had tried to run away before and said he would do it again. Of course not saying I think this is what happened just mentioning what was said on the page. It is definitely different than the "never run away before" that some family has said on Facebook, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine?filter=2

When the FBI CARD team are called in, they give the missing child's parents a copy of the Missing Child's Handbook (I may not have that title exactly right), but it guides parents through how to deal with everything from police to media. MR would have no doubt received a copy when the team arrived, however, we don't know if he read it.

ETA - When your child is missing: A Family Survival Guide

If the battery wasn't dead by the time they knew he was missing.

I am not real sure but a dead battery could be a possibility! He could have worn down the battery playing games on the plane if his phone had that capability. I know it was an older phone.

If he had been hitching, I think someone would have seen him. And I still don't think he would have left, when he had a ride. Hitching can take much longer, not a sure thing at all.

Plus, I do not think he would hitch without a working phone, or without contacting someone.

MR lives in a rural area without many people around. Besides, people have been abducted from busier areas. JMO.

Just wondering. Is there a school in the Vallecito area where MR lived? Because school was out for the holiday in Bayfield, so I presume school would have been out everywhere else.
Considering it is so isolated and rural where MR lives, why would a pedophile/SO/predator be cruising for kids near MR's house when there would be a lot easier locations to grab a child? And more of them available? Just doesn't connect for me.

I just don't see this happening. JMO and MOO and everything else that says it's all my opinion!

I don't know if there was a school (I think not as Bayfield wasn't very far away and Vallecito sounds like a very small place) but if so and it was a holiday, a predator could have been hoping to see kids out - fishing or playing outdoors.

I am not real sure but a dead battery could be a possibility! He could have worn down the battery playing games on the plane if his phone had that capability. I know it was an older phone.

Unless his phone was from the 90s, it's very likely that it had games.

Regarding the hitchiking conversation, I don't know what to make of it. If his friends are right and it's something he'd do, maybe he didn't tell anyone because he assumed he could do it when he got in the car or get in touch with MR when he got to his friend's.:twocents:

I have also just figured out why Dylan looks so familiar to me. His looks and the stuff he likes remind me a lot of my best friend when I was Dylan's age.

Just wondering. Is there a school in the Vallecito area where MR lived? Because school was out for the holiday in Bayfield, so I presume school would have been out everywhere else.
Considering it is so isolated and rural where MR lives, why would a pedophile/SO/predator be cruising for kids near MR's house when there would be a lot easier locations to grab a child? And more of them available? Just doesn't connect for me.

I just don't see this happening. JMO and MOO and everything else that says it's all my opinion!

I have thought about that but we don't know how many people might have known Dylan was coming. Was MR a big talker? Did he tell too much of his business around town?

Another unknown.

Also, others have commented - and this has been the situation with my cheap phone - if you are in an area with no towers or poor coverage, the battery will run down quicker because the phone is constantly searching for service.

You know... I hate to say this but I think that is a big bluff. There's no evidence that two people were involved in his abduction, or even if he was abducted.

I agree. I thought it was odd.

Now I am wondering if that retired police officer is local or has any local LE friends.

Dylan being alive and being held somewhere would answer a lot of questions.

I wonder what local LE is whispering among their selves?

He is from co springs

Now I am wondering if that retired police officer is local or has any local LE friends.

Dylan being alive and being held somewhere would answer a lot of questions.

I wonder what local LE is whispering among their selves?

He is as well posting about a the cell phone usage and another states that the persons post about the cell message being deleted was removed.

Playing tough? Or with knowledge?

ETA Took screenshot of the conversation. Not sure what to make of it.

He is as well posting about a the cell phone usage and another states that the persons post about the cell message being deleted was removed.

Playing tough? Or with knowledge?

I'm not even sure what he is referring to, or why it would lead him to the conclusion that he was abducted and someone else was involved.

I left my house today with a fully charged phone. I was gone from the house for about 7 hours. I had it on the whole time. I played Words with Friends, and checked in with FB, checked and sent email. By the time I got home, I was in the red zone on my battery. It was almost dead. It drew off G3 all day. I never made a phone call or text. And the battery was almost dead. I wasn't on it constantly, just periodically. And I live in an area where it wasn't constantly looking for a connection.

So with Dylan's old cell phone, being out in the boonies, where it would be searching for service, be it cell service or satellite service, it drains the battery big time.

Someone had mentioned earlier about the possibility MR was a private person, thus his reluctance of interviews. Is this the same MR who had sex on the front law for all to view?
He's fine with putting his face out there too! He is choosing not to!
Do we know if he is even in town right now? Maybe he went back to work on the road?
Jmo

I left my house today with a fully charged phone. I was gone from the house for about 7 hours. I had it on the whole time. I played Words with Friends, and checked in with FB, checked and sent email. By the time I got home, I was in the red zone on my battery. It was almost dead. It drew off G3 all day. I never made a phone call or text. And the battery was almost dead. I wasn't on it constantly, just periodically. And I live in an area where it wasn't constantly looking for a connection.

So with Dylan's old cell phone, being out in the boonies, where it would be searching for service, be it cell service or satellite service, it drains the battery big time.

connecting to the internet drains the battery very quickly.

older non smart phones had much better battery life overall.

I also read that on the FMDR page. The retired police officer said something like "I heard about the cell usage I knew he was alive" and then many questioned and his reply was it was right on the page...it's not on the page it's been deleted apparently.

This part I posted here is still on the page..sorry if my post is confusing! It's whatever was posted about the text that was deleted.

LE has not taken abduction off the table. It's still a viable option for what happened to Dylan.

All Dylan had to be doing is walking down the road at the same time a perv was coming down the road and just like that, he's in big trouble.

It appears that his mother still believes he's alive somewhere. I do as well. I do not believe he's dead. Nothing has been found that would indicte he was harmed.

I've followed enough MP cases here now to know that even after the MP is found, we may never get the whole story, we may never know why and how Dylan disappeared or what motive there was for it. I have several cases I'd like to know why the people left. All I know is they were later found and are safe, that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90