CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of thought dad text him to find his phone.
We do that when we lose our phones.

Another excellent theory. Maybe "worded" to send a joke or something "innocent" probably knowing it would be seen later. Hmmmmm

they also mentioned they are using tips from psychics and mediums

:floorlaugh: If nothing else, that alone should keep them busy. (just a little humor, please forgive :blushing:)

ER may just be sharing the info that she has or that LE said she could share. It could very well be that ER was unaware of the last communication - especially if the communication was from the confiscated Ipod or MR's computer. The article says "electronic device" not phone. IMO, there is a reason why the article says that - but I could be wrong?

Salem

Stupid question but I'll ask anyway,,,,,,, just for fun. Is the entire state of CO inside of Mountain Time Zone? tia

:floorlaugh: If nothing else, that alone should keep them busy. (just a little humor, please forgive :blushing:)

hahaha... I should have had my laughing man on my own post!

here is another article on the latest and a snip I hadn't seen before on the home search results:

Investigators searched Mark's home, but say nothing helpful to the investigation was found.

In the last few days, investigators have searched locations on snowshoes, under bridges, and other sites in parts of La Plata County. Authorities say they have also looked in two other locations in Colorado, but didn't elaborate further.

A reward for information leading to his whereabouts now stands at $50,400.
http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/50K-Reward-For-Missing-Colorado-Teen-188239611.html?ref=611

my opinion on that is they are not divulging the pings *at all*

I think they are just leaking a bit of info out to the public (and stuff that does not impede their investigation)

O M G ! Ok I'll admit, I took a quick nap and woke up to new info an loads of pages to scan through. Sorry if this has been covered. What if that phone is pinging , elsewhere, in another state, some location DR had no business being......somewhere that they've not searched. I was thinking this morning from 9ish pm on Sunday to basically 7 ish am on Monday is 10 hrs. which means roughly , one could travel by car 400 miles round trip in any direction and be back in time for your morning appointments. Being a truck driver, a 400 mi round trip is nothing, just another day. So evidence could be 400 miles in any direction from his home. For the umpteenth time, I'm sad to have typed this :(
This be mooo

they also mentioned they are using tips from psychics and mediums

Yes. And did they not say something to the effect in one of the articles a coupla tips come in per day. And that they still check them out as they are "required" too. LOL I'm just one who tend to "read between the lines".

I wonder if any additional tips might come in now that law enforcement has finally given everyone some new tidbits?

This text!
Could it have been Someone trying to find dylans Phone.

What if that phone was tossed out the window.
something happend to D
Someone goes back using the ipod to find the phone
they send a text to hear it ring
get the phone and poof!

Why wouldn't they just call it with their phone?

I personally don't think LE would have said that Dylan's last electronic device communication was at 9:37pm if it was to his own phone (from an iPod, etc). That would definitely suggest (to me) that it was someone other than Dylan. But that's JMO.

Investigators searched Mark's home, but say nothing helpful to the investigation was found.
http://www.kktv.com/news/headlines/50K-Reward-For-Missing-Colorado-Teen-188239611.html?ref=611

Actually now that I read this info that nurse posted (thanks!), it suggests to me that the Ipod did not yield any useful information. The Ipod was taken during the search of Mark's home noted above, and then the article goes on to state the LE says nothing that helped the investigation was found.

:twocents::twocents:

Really interesting thought! A lay person who is not super techy may think that sending a text "from Dylan's phone number" via a website would leave the same electronic footprint as a regular text.

Mine does. So I am thinking it depends upon the provider. jmo

I don't believe there would be any way to confirm that information. As I said previously, there is no way to "see" who the sender is in an electronic communication. JMO

It depends upon the electronic device. If you are talking Ipod, it does show who the text is from just as if it were the cell phone. Computer depends upon the provider. jmo

Actually now that I read this info that nurse posted (thanks!), it suggests to me that the Ipod did not yield any useful information. The Ipod was taken during the search of Mark's home noted above, and then the article goes on to state the LE says nothing that helped the investigation was found.

:twocents::twocents:

Oh they often say that when it's not necessarily true. I wouldn't go on that alone.

Why wouldn't they just call it with their phone?

Then how does this person explain the lost cell phone and a missing child.?

Oh yes dyl lost his phone last night i called it to find it and Oh BTW now Dyl is missing too.

I dont know!

Was just a thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members