CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of threads back, someone said the campground closed in September for the winter season. I wonder if that means nobody could gain access period or if it merely means it's unattended.

It was me and I wonder if it's gated so at least you can't drive back there. I'm sure that people still go back in that area though. I would if I wanted to hike.

MR stated in his interview that Dylan liked to hang out at the campground down the road. Looking at the location of the campgrounds, neither one of them are close to MR's house. I don't recall MR saying Dylan like to "ride his bike" to the campgrounds. Anyone else recall this? If what MR is saying is true, then Dylan did indeed walk distances. JMO...

The road MR lives own dead ends at the campground. It's not far.

eta: I think it dead ends down there, i can't really tell. It looks like you would easily be able to gain access from different directions.

Following up on the 6:30 meeting time. This is what MR said in the long interview:

Well, I wanted to leave at 6:30 so I would be there at 7:30 when they open the doors.

I don't know how long it would have taken to get from R's Grandmother's house to MR's office. Or if Dylan just heard the 6:30 part of the conversation and took it to mean arrive in Bayfield at 6:30.

Yes, MR doesn't seem to take into account that Dylan wanted to be at R's at 6:30. In none of the stories I heard so far of him trying to wake Dylan up that is taken into account, because for Dylan to arrive at 6:30 am, I think they would have to leave at 6 am.

A couple of threads back, someone said the campground closed in September for the winter season. I wonder if that means nobody could gain access period or if it merely means it's unattended.

I checked out the campground between MR's house and the lake. They do have winter rates, so apparently someone is there. They have cabins, so maybe you can rent a cabin but not a camp/rv site (due to the mud)? Just saying...

So let me get this straight....any tips not having to do with MR murdering Dylan are completely discounted?

Please someone tell me this is what's up so I don't waste any more time sharing his photo and spamming my family and friends with his story.

No, not completely discounted -- at least not by me -- just viewed cautiously, given the rather unusual circumstances surrounding the tip.

JMO

I checked out the campground between MR's house and the lake. They do have winter rates, so apparently someone is there. They have cabins, so maybe you can rent a cabin but not a camp/rv site (due to the mud)? Just saying...

Yes, just to be clear, the only one I looked into was the one at the end of the road. I didn't check the other one out. Has anyone checked out hunting in the area and what season was in at the time?

Following up on the 6:30 meeting time. This is what MR said in the long interview:

Well, I wanted to leave at 6:30 so I would be there at 7:30 when they open the doors.

I don't know how long it would have taken to get from R's Grandmother's house to MR's office. Or if Dylan just heard the 6:30 part of the conversation and took it to mean arrive in Bayfield at 6:30.

So, Dylan's friends knew he was due at 6:30 and didn't show up. R texted Dylan at 6:46. No response. Could have been because they were on the way and in a "no cell phone" area. Could also possibly tell R that Mark most likely left Dylan at home while he ran errands. I still it likely that some how someone came to pick Dylan up from the house. To really make this work though, I have to come up with who knew he was there alone and who would he leave the house with? And all without trying to call his dad...unless he figured he would call his dad on the way.

AAARRRGGGHHH! :banghead:

The road MR lives own dead ends at the campground. It's not far.

eta: I think it dead ends down there, i can't really tell. It looks like you would easily be able to gain access from different directions.

Guess it just looks like a long distance to me because I'm old!

I'm tired, my neck hurts, my eyes are burning, and now I have a twitch in one of my eyes. That's it....I'm going to bed.

Night everyone. Prayers for Dylan's swift and safe return.

Ransom...but not from MR or ER but from the reward money. Maybe waiting for the reward to get high enough. Doubt this is the case, but the thought occurred to me a couple of times....

Following my own theory it could be the case. I wish I could elaborate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I can't see that logically it would have been left out since Sept. If they were in the habit of leaving it out it would be rusty. It doesn't look rusty to me. And with MR being gone for long periods at a time it would make no sense to leave it out either. I doubt that MR or Dylan would have grabbed it out of the shed/garage that night when they got home. I agree, that it was likely staged to show what a good Dad he was and maybe an attempt at showing Dylan was there.

same thought I have about the football.

Ransom...but not from MR or ER but from the reward money. Maybe waiting for the reward to get high enough. Doubt this is the case, but the thought occurred to me a couple of times....

Or maybe the motivation has nothing to do with any family members, and/or maybe was an easy target because of his situation.

MR was an OTR truck driver. Who know who he talked to about his son coming to visit for the holidays. It wouldn't necessarily have to be someone that knew the family, just someone that worked close enough to MR to know his son was visiting and that MR had errands to run that morning. Maybe they just got lucky with Dylan being home after MR left. Who knows. I just think there could be lots of people that could have known about Dylan visiting, and since we don't know the context of the text messages the night before, we don't know if anyone or how many knew Mark was running errands the next morning. All clear as mud, right?

BBM: Can you please provide the link that verifies MR is a "OTR" truck driver? Because I don't think we know that. As I understand, he works at various locations but I've seen nothing that said he is a OTR truck driver in the traditional sense. TIA

Or maybe the motivation has nothing to do with any family members, and/or maybe was an easy target because of his situation.

Perhaps. But you would still have to show how he got from point A (safety) to point B (easy target) without a multiplicity of coincidences, rationales, explanations, reasons. No phone activity past 9:37 pm Sunday night. Nothing. Especially when his father claims he was on his phone at 10:30 pm when he ran up to bed.

:moo: :moo: :moo:

Perhaps. But you would still have to show how he got from point A (safety) to point B (easy target) without a multiplicity of coincidences, rationales, explanations, reasons. No phone activity past 9:37 pm Sunday night. Nothing. Especially when his father claims he was on his phone at 10:30 pm when he ran up to bed.

:moo: :moo: :moo:

Kinda like I run to the store when I really drive?

Or maybe kinda like I run to the washroom when I really walk up the stairs or down the stairs depending on which washroom I use?

But, isn't it hard to be an "easy target because of his situation" out in the boon docks? Do you mean the "situation" of his warring parents? And an "easy target" because he may have been emotionally vulnerable or that he ran away?

Kinda like I run to the store when I really drive?

Or maybe kinda like I run to the washroom when I really walk up the stairs or down the stairs depending on which washroom I use?

Not sure you understand what I'm saying. Leave out the "run up to go to bed part". How did he get from point A to point B without all the multiple explanations for his communication failures. I hope this is clearer. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Not sure you understand what I'm saying. Leave out the "run up to go to bed part". How did he get from point A to point B without all the multiple explanations for his communication failures. I hope this is clearer. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I am quite certain I am understanding.

No multiple explanations and I must leave it at that.

I do not believe Dylan would attempt to leave the home to walk or hitch a ride without notifying someone, anyone that he was on his way. He had plenty of ways to notify someone.

I do not believe Dylan would go outside to check the weather or whatever carrying his backpack and everything else with him. Not plausible. Half the time when a kid runs out the door for a minute, they don't even wear shoes, much less take anything with them.

I am certain LE has checked out every single person remotely connected to this child. No way a casual "acquaintance" would not have entered LE scopes by now.

There is no possibility that a complete stranger just decided to knock on the door, grab Dylan, his backpack, phone, etc and take him without leaving a trace. In that instance, it's like saying someone driving down the street in your neighborhood decided to randomly knock on someone's door and snatch a kid. From the outside looking in, there is no way of even knowing a kid lives in the house. Odds are zero to zero.

Dylan did not run away. Even his parents have discounted that assumption and LE has ruled that out.

That only leaves...

MOO

I briefly had a chance to read some earlier posts re: the possible GF. dunno if there was one, but it would sure explain a few things.
MR saying "he didn't go in my room; I ran up to bed" etc.
and if there was a GF, she could have gotten rid of DR without the express or immediate knowledge of MR, although I bet he'd figure it our pretty soon.
was this theory discounted? I can't keep up.
It's a great possibility IMO. can't believe the thought had never crossed my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member