CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not. MR has said nothing negative during this whole ordeal in reference to his x wife. They have been divorced since either 2006 or 2008 not sure, but it has been a while. And until August last year they also lived in the area. I don't know if you have watched the interviews by ER and MR. I think you would find those interesting. jmo

Except for the fact that in every single interview he's done he has something negative, snarky or mean to say about her. Including the one about "his problem is his ex"....NO, MARK, your problem is your son is missing! :furious:

According to dad, they got home approx 8-8:30 pm Sunday evening. So an extra 15 minutes is just too late? For a kid Dylan's age? And it wasn't a school night! :floorlaugh:

and dad said Dylan was still up "texting" his friends or whatever at 10:30 pm when he, himself "ran upstairs to bed" leaving Dylan to stay up as late as he pleased. Hmmmm Lot of excuses for daddy <modsnip>, IMO

It's 15 miles, not 15 minutes, from Bayfield to Vallecito. It was posted just in the last couple of pages that this trip took 45 minutes (a local was quoted as having given this information). To take the detour to Bayfield would have been about 6-7 miles one way ... 15 miles round trip ... 45 minutes ... plus driving home another 7-8 miles ... another 20 minutes.

VallecitoCO4.jpg

This image has the wrong airport, but the mileage is correct ... and that's straight line mileage, not road mileage.

VallecitoCO2.jpg

If it takes 45 minutes to travel from Vallecito to Bayfield, which is about 15 miles, then how could it take 30 minutes to travel 18 miles from Durango to Bayfield?

The road to Vallecito goes up over the mountain. And it's actually about 25 miles from Durango to Mark's house.

I agree that the friends are more important to teenagers, but if he hadn't seen his dad for a while and this was a special trip to see him, then I would expect that he would understand that he had to spend at least a little time with his dad before he took off to be with friends.

Did you reads his texts to his friend? He was very intent upon going there at 6:30 am.

If MR was going to take Dylan over at 6:30 in the morning and MR was going to errands for part of the day, why not let Dylan stay the night and part of the day until he was done with his errands then pick Dylan up and spend the rest of the week with Dylan? Why do the extra driving? JMO

It's 15 miles, not 15 minutes, from Bayfield to Vallecito. It was posted just in the last couple of pages that this trip took 45 minutes (a local was quoted as having given this information). To take the detour to Bayfield would have been about 6-7 miles one way ... 15 miles round trip ... 45 minutes ... plus driving home another 7-8 miles ... another 45 minutes.

VallecitoCO4.jpg

This image has the wrong airport, but the mileage is correct ... and that's straight line mileage, not road mileage.

VallecitoCO2.jpg

So the time from Durango was what? 30 minutes? He was dropping Dylan OFF in Bayfield. Not taking him on the whole round trip. So Dylan would have gotten to his friend's house before he even got home (or according to dad, the time he reported they got home) Anyway, 8:30 pm is not late.

Did you reads his texts to his friend? He was very intent upon going there at 6:30 am.

If he was so determined to see his friends very early that day, then he may have decided to get there on his own.

So the time from Durango was what? 30 minutes? He was dropping Dylan OFF in Bayfield. Not taking him on the whole round trip. So Dylan would have gotten to his friend's house before he even got home (or according to dad, the time he reported they got home) Anyway, 8:30 pm is not late.

Dylan wasn't going to his friend's house in Vallecito, he was going to his friend's house in Bayfield. And dad told him it was "too late" at approx 7pm.

Thank you, sarx. Could you please speak to cadaver dog searches in snow? They will be there for 2 weeks. What if it snows? (I don't know if there's snow on the ground already. I would have to check.)

Also, they brought at least one tracking dog on this search. Could you speak to the chances of tracking live scent after about 3 months?

Thank you again.

It all depends on what they've trained in. Climate and conditions definitely play a part, and training in them is huge. I was just up in the snow this weekend working my newest one and his search behavior was very different in the snow.

I am still waiting to see training logs that show successful work reliably at that age (3 months), so for me and many, nope, we don't go there.

Do you have any links for the info about squabbles concerning her marriage? I missed that. I know her best friend (the admin from the official FB page) said that there were no problems about custody/visitation until he went to court to get his parenting time after she went to court to receive primary parenting time. MOO

Jumping off your post, I just remembered the fact that DR had been at his dad's in Septemeber for a visit. I don't think that has been mentioned. jmo

Time from Vallecito to Bayfield (per local) = 45 minutes = 15 miles

Detour on way home would be about 6-8 miles one way, so about 15 miles round trip = 45 minutes

Why should dad take a 45 minute detour to deliver his son to a friend's house at 9ish when common sense (for me) says that a child that got off the plane should be tired and should go home and have a good night sleep.

Is anyone suggesting that Dylan's dad did the wrong thing by telling him to stay home that night?

If Dylan knew all about the problems between the parents ... that is truly unfortunate. Do you think that his dad was filling his head with all the problems?

I don't know. That's a good question. We do know that Mark had an early appointment set up for his divorce attorney on Monday morning. Kind of ironic, imo. He fights for visitation, then the very first morning his son is there, he leaves him alone and goes to his divorce attorney. :mad:

If he was so determined to see his friends very early that day, then he may have decided to get their on his own.

It isn't that HE was determined to get to his friend's house at 6:30am...that is the time his DAD was giving him a ride! He's a kid. Dad said no the night before. And then dad had these errands to run so Dylan had no choice about his ride time.

It isn't that HE was determined to get to his friend's house at 6:30am...that is the time his DAD was giving him a ride! He's a kid. Dad said no the night before. And then dad had these errands to run so Dylan had no choice about his ride time.

Children that age use their cell phone for alarm clocks ... I wonder why Dylan wasn't up and ready to go at 7 in the morning.

Time from Vallecito to Bayfield (per local) = 45 minutes = 15 miles

Detour on way home would be about 6-8 miles one way, so about 15 miles round trip = 45 minutes

Why should dad take a 45 minute detour to deliver his son to a friend's house at 9ish when common sense (for me) says that a child that got off the plane should be tired and should go home and have a good night sleep.

Is anyone suggesting that Dylan's dad did the wrong thing by telling him to stay home that night?

One more time....:floorlaugh:

They were in DURANGO! Calculate time to Bayfield from Durango!

If he was so determined to see his friends very early that day, then he may have decided to get there on his own.

Why didnt he just get up and go with his dad? Why hitchhike in the cold with all of your belongings when you can get a ride?

But the main question is, why didn't he communicate with anyone that morning?

It is a 15 mile detour to go to Bayfield. 9 PM is also too late in my opinion for a 13 year old to visit friends.

Dylan was picked up at the airport about 6pm. By 6:43pm at the latest he had been told no to the fiends house. He had been texting all day with that friend. The friend was coming in from Pagosa to meet him. I'm sure Dylan told MR about this plan right at the airport. There is very little difference in driving from the airport to Bayfield to home than there is to drive from the airport to Durango to home.

MR likely told Dylan right away he wasn't going to meet up with the friend. I can't see what harm there would have been in letting him since MR just went home and went to bed and then was going to leave him home alone the next day.

MOO

Why didnt he just get up and go with his dad? Why hitchhike in the cold with all of your belongings when you can get a ride?

But the main question is, why didn't he communicate with anyone that morning?

Maybe his cell phone was dead and his alarm didn't go off.

Children that age use their cell phone for alarm clocks ... I wonder why Dylan wasn't up and ready to go at 7 in the morning.

You should read dads various descriptions of that morning. Pretty inconsistent, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali