CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it might have taken longer. Ryan wasn't in Bayfield Sunday night. He was in Pagosa Springs and I think that's further.

Here's the text where Ryan says he's in Pagosa -

Ryan: (time 6:43 p.m. Nov. 18) Im in pagosa coming

He was in Pagosa coming to Bayfield. Are you suggesting that MR would have had to drive Dylan to Pagosa? Ryan was on his way to his Grandma's in BAYFIELD and that's where Dylan was going.

I wish all the best to the dogs, but I do not see how they are much more likely to find something than LE was, just as I doubt the "Hispanic" man came across Dylan when no one else did. Even if MR is telling the truth, there are as many as ten hours since he said he saw Dylan until he reported him missing. He could be anywhere.

Hmmm, are we talking something specific here? I can think of a few random reasons why you would ignore those alerts (working in an area where you already know there had been HR, not exactly common, but it does happen once and again) but generally speaking, why would you take one let alone two into an area and then ignore what they are telling you?

If it's common for your dog to false alert (alert when there is nothing there), then you probably should retire your dog, lol. Doesn't make for a very useful search dog if ya know what I mean!

Hits 2 separate days, different HRD dogs by the New Mexico SAR team.

But Ryan was LEAVING Pagosa and going to his grandmas in Bayfield. He texted that very thing to Ryan.

He didn't say what time he was going to Bayfield. He was still in Pagosa at 8:01. Mark and Dylan were already on the road and home by 8:15/8:30.

All the more reason to just go home rather than sit outside R's gma's house in Bayfield waiting for R to show up, or drive all the way to Pagosa only to find R had already left.

2 different dogs and 2 different handlers (correct word?) had hits on the lake by the dam. Divers went down but couldn't be down for very long. I think they were out for 2 days (but don't quote me on that). They couldn't find anything. JMO

Well, if they put divers in the water based on the hits, then they did taken them seriously. On a side note, the dam was my initial focus early on for this case. I remember getting maps for the lake and the various intakes to figure out the currents within the lake.

It would be interesting to know more about the dive operation. 2 days, not down long, how many divers? Recovery diving is incredibly slow and tedious and it is really easy to miss stuff. Did they bring in side scan?

Ryan was in Pagosa Springs that night. Not Bayfield. I just checked google maps and Pagosa is much further than Bayfield, so longer detour.

What??? He said in Pagosa...coming. Meaning he was on his way from Pagosa to his Grandma's in Bayfield where Dylan was supposed to go.

MR was not supposed to take Dylan to Pagosa!

He didn't say what time he was going to Bayfield. He was still in Pagosa at 8:01. Mark and Dylan were already on the road and home by 8:15/8:30.

All the more reason to just go home rather than sit outside R's gma's house in Bayfield waiting for R to show up, or drive all the way to Pagosa only to find R had already left.

They had means of communication that could have prevented R leaving before Dylan arrived.
Both had cell phones.

Well, then why would he be up and raring to hitchhike an hour later?

If he was overtired, wouldnt he wait in the warm cabin, eat more cereal, watch cartoons and text his friends. It would be very soon that his ride would appear.

This is a young man that showered and dressed for school the night before.

I have a very difficult time believing any young man, that had to sleep in his clothes as per ER, was easy to wake up let alone get up on his own.

Thank you for your informative post.

The main problem I have with scrutinizing a parent of a missing child and interpreting everything as though they are guilty is that I see this over and over again. Take any missing child and the first person that is discussed as guilty on forums is the parent.

I'm trying to see this without looking at the usual suspect ... trying to understand whether Dyan could have disappeared without the father murdering him on the night he arrived for a visit. Personally, I can't see any reason why the dad would murder his son at 8 or 9 that evening.

There are plenty of cases of parents murdering their children because they have utterly consuming rage over losing control of the ex-wife, finances, and children. Plenty of cases. Too many cases.

Hmmm, are we talking something specific here? I can think of a few random reasons why you would ignore those alerts (working in an area where you already know there had been HR, not exactly common, but it does happen once and again) but generally speaking, why would you take one let alone two into an area and then ignore what they are telling you?

If it's common for your dog to false alert (alert when there is nothing there), then you probably should retire your dog, lol. Doesn't make for a very useful search dog if ya know what I mean!

Thanks Sarx. Early in this investigation, they took 2 cadaver dogs to Lake Vallecito. They alerted an area while in a boat on the lake. Divers were sent in but didn't find anything. It was cold so the divers couldn't stay down there long. They decided to alerts mean nothing. I believe there may have been another alert along the shore, again, it was ignored by the handlers. (This part I might have wrong so I'm sure someone will be happy to correct me.)

But he told Dylan he was coming. So D could have been dropped off at the grandmothers at anytime.

By himself? In the dark? For hours? Was anybody home in Bayfield? Or was gma bringing R to Bayfield?

This is a young man that showered and dressed for school the night before.

I have a very difficult time believing any young man, that had to sleep in his clothes as per ER, was easy to wake up let alone get up on his own.

The reason someone would shower and dress before going to bed is precisely so they would wake up on time and not be late.
So I have a hard time understanding why Dylan wouldn't have woken up despite MR trying to wake him up for 45 minutes to an hour.

Well, if they put divers in the water based on the hits, then they did taken them seriously. On a side note, the dam was my initial focus early on for this case. I remember getting maps for the lake and the various intakes to figure out the currents within the lake.

It would be interesting to know more about the dive operation. 2 days, not down long, how many divers? Recovery diving is incredibly slow and tedious and it is really easy to miss stuff. Did they bring in side scan?

Divers could only stay down for a max of 30 minutes once per day due to the water temperature.

Yes, I would be very interested in this link.

A spokesperson for the La Plata County sheriff's office says he was unaware of the K-9 group's offer for help.

He says the department has already used their own K-9's in the search.

Updated: Thursday, 07 Feb 2013, 12:24 PM MST
Published : Thursday, 07 Feb 2013, 12:24 PM MST
http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/local/central/nm-k-9-group-to-help-search-for-teen

The sheriff's office has brought dogs in from a different group in New Mexico when they've needed them.

By himself? In the dark? For hours? Was anybody home in Bayfield? Or was gma bringing R to Bayfield?

Presumably those details would have to be worked out through communication.
Doesn't sound too complicated considering both had cell phones.

LE has only revealed that his last Electronic Communication at 9:37 (texting), which could also have meant his ipod or a computer (FB message or email).

Everything is speculation about what kind of "communication" and whether it was incoming or outgoing. And yes, I know what MB said. Not sure she was paying attention to the specific question or if she answered in a manner that she "assumed" was correct. So that remains open as far as what is factual.

Thank you for your informative post.

The main problem I have with scrutinizing a parent of a missing child and interpreting everything as though they are guilty is that I see this over and over again. Take any missing child and the first person that is discussed as guilty on forums is the parent.

I'm trying to see this without looking at the usual suspect ... trying to understand whether Dyan could have disappeared without the father murdering him on the night he arrived for a visit. Personally, I can't see any reason why the dad would murder his son at 8 or 9 that evening.

BBM

I really think you'd have to read all of the previous threads*, as well as look at information from MSM, the full length video, the official FB page, and even other pages that we can't discuss here, to even begin to get an understanding of why this may be a possibility -- although I would say perhaps "murder" (at least in the first degree sense) may not be the most likely possibility that one comes up with.

*Including posts that were subsequently deleted, or modified.

It's a daunting task, I know.

IMO

Aren't we talking about Sunday night? At 8:01pm Ryan was still not at his gma's per texts. He was still in Pagosa Springs. I think Mark would have had to drop him off there.

He said IN PAGOSA...COMING. That means he was on his way or would be on his way shortly.

And it appears that he was not up and ready to go at 7:30 am (maybe his cell phone was dead and the alarm didn't go off) so his dad left without him ... and it's quite possible that Dylan was determined to meet with his friends, so he took matters into his own hands, grabbed all his stuff, walked the short distance to the highway and stuck out his thumb.

Running with your line of questioning about hitchhiking for a moment. Here is an interesting list of missing RSO. So their whereabouts could not be accounted for. Several of them come close to the description of the man LE are seeking for questioning. Does anyone know if a composite picture was ever made available for the would-be renter?

http://www.springsgov.com/units/police/SEX0FFENDER/WantedAFphoto.htm

As I've stated, this is not my preferred theory. But I do like your method of questioning perceptions. Causes one to go. Hmmm. Have I given that enough thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali