CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is true that these two have not so much as spoken in three years, I don't think anything is done between them without a court order. So not your run of the mill divorce, IMO.

As crazy as it may sound, this might be a tad bit more common than one thinks, especially as the child gets older, as the child then becomes the go between with the parents, thus the label of I think it was either peacemaker or peacekeeper.

Unless there was a medical emergency, both parents move on with their life. If one remarries, it might be that person that actually keeps in touch such as in the Horman case.

Terri it seems was the one to make the arrangements.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/03/ng.01.html

BENDER: My understanding is -- and our investigators have checked his cell phone. Also, cell phones have GPS`s, so if they`re turned on, that gives a general location of the person. And we have been following up on those right along, and there`s been no activity on his phone whatsoever since Sunday evening sometime.

JOSTAD: Yes, he did have a cell phone, according to his mom, Elaine Redwine. And she said, too, just the fact that -- according to cell records she`s seen, the fact that there was no activity on Dylan`s cell phone after 8:00 PM is very unusual. She says this is a tech-savvy kid who is always texting.

O`DONNELL: Right, well, the boy was last seen at 11:30, the father told investigators that he started his search on his own for about four hours, didn`t report him missing until the early evening on that Monday. The most bizarre thing about this case, though, Nancy, is that Dylan, a prolific texter as most 13-year-old boys are who have cell phones -- his phone was not used since 8:00 p.m. Sunday night. His phone was not even on after 8:00 p.m. Sunday night.

I feel like some people lean towards the non-MR parent having involvement and wonder what possible motive there could be.

I feel like some people lean towards the non-MR parent having involvement and wonder what possible motive there could be.

To tell the truth, I can't think of a very good motive for anybody. I can't even think of a semi-believable one for her. MOO

On November 26th, LE stated that Dylan's phone had only been turned off for several days -

The La Plata County Sheriff’s Department says the boy’s cell phone has been turned off for several days, and they can’t track it down.

National public radio CO Nov 26th -
http://radiocoloradocollege.org/2012/11/searchers-still-seek-clues-to-missing-colorado-springs-boy/

I just have to say this.

Dan Bender has proven this is not his first time around the block, and my admiration for him increases.

What an incredible line he is walking.

If it is true that these two have not so much as spoken in three years, I don't think anything is done between them without a court order. So not your run of the mill divorce, IMO.

Actually is sounds like a perfect candidate for a court order. Since they aren't talking and can't figure this out among themselves, it's the courts job to do it for them. The fact still remains, whether the parents are talking to each other or not, the child still needs time with both parents. The only thing I worry about under this kind of situation is the parental alienation thing. I wish this type of order would come with an order about parental alientation. Some of the stuff a parent will tell a minor child about the other parent is just plain cruel and untrue. IMO, JMO, MOO

I have to go with Elaine saying Dylan was not that energetic and she knows her son and so I don't believe for a second he decided to hike that morning when he had ride waiting for him. Also it makes no sense he never contacted R when he had time to watch tv and eat breakfast . Kids are able to multitask and I do not see any reason why he would not of used his phone or his iPod or the landline or computer . It's not like he only had 1 option available to him .

:cow:

To tell the truth, I can't think of a very good motive for anybody. I can't even think of a semi-believable one for her. MOO

Me either, but I have seen accusations against her, not here at WS, but other sites.

I do not see a believable motive other than sexual, for any sort of abduction, and even that does not feel right at his age. Perhaps a predator thought he was younger upon first sight, but I fear Dylan's personality probably matches his age and he would fight emphatically, which would not end well for him. Not that it ever does, really, for anyone taken by a predator. Even if they somehow survive, not everyone is mentally or emotionally built to be able to recover.

Actually is sounds like a perfect candidate for a court order. Since they aren't talking and can't figure this out among themselves, it's the courts job to do it for them. The fact still remains, whether the parents are talking to each other or not, the child still needs time with both parents. The only thing I worry about under this kind of situation is the parental alienation thing. I wish this type of order would come with an order about parental alientation. Some of the stuff a parent will tell a minor child about the other parent is just plain cruel and untrue. IMO, JMO, MOO

I do not think there is evidence of either parent talking bad about the other, is there? Prior to his vanishing, I mean. Even CR said Dylan and MR got along. I don't have the impression his head was full of venomous notions about his father.

I honestly can't think of a motive for either of them. To me, they are on an even playing field. What can be said about one, can be said about the other or vice versa. IMO he has no more motive for offing or disappearing Dylan than she does.

I honestly can't think of a motive for either of them. To me, they are on an even playing field. What can be said about one, can be said about the other or vice versa. IMO he has no more motive for offing or disappearing Dylan than she does.

But MR clearly had opportunity, whereas IMO there is zero reason to believe ER did. Motive is not always a factor in a crime, but opportunity always is.

I do not think there is evidence of either parent talking bad about the other, is there? Prior to his vanishing, I mean. Even CR said Dylan and MR got along. I don't have the impression his head was full of venomous notions about his father.

This is the second time I've seen this parental alienation theory come up. There's no evidence of ER poisoning the minds of her children against MR. Parental alienation has already been thrown out there in regard to BOTH of MR's exes. More poor Mark. All MOO

LE confirmed a "tower"? Really? Where?

I am pretty sure when I checked the coverage for that area the closest cell tower was IIRC Bayfield. I would now have to double check as it has been awhile.

Like I said before, we take cell phone coverage for granted, and I knew when you made that one post and I looked that this was probably going to be an issue.

I honestly can't think of a motive for either of them. [BTo me, they are on an even playing field[/B]. What can be said about one, can be said about the other or vice versa. IMO he has no more motive for offing or disappearing Dylan than she does.

Really ?!

So you don't think Mark could of been resentful that she won custody and had also moved hours away with his son ?

I think even more well adjusted dads would of been upset at this change ! :cow:

Once again, I am having an easier time finding motives for someone closer to the situation than the actual parents.

This must be one of the most bizarre cases in some time.

Really ?!

So you don't think Mark could of been resentful that she won custody and had also moved hours away with his son ?

I think even more well adjusted dads would of been upset at this change ! :cow:

I would think that if he was going to be upset about those things, it would be more likely to be when they happened. Dylan disappeared ~4 months after he moved, and 2 months after the custody hearing. He had gone on the trip to Boston with him, and was in Vallecito over Labor Day - both after the move - and I'm sure he knew how custody would turn out as soon as MR knew they were moving. MOO

No logical motive does not equal no motive. In the majority of the several cases posted a few days ago of a father killing children, the motive listed was revenge on the other parent.

Motive is never going to make sense in murder, especially that of a child.

Me either, but I have seen accusations against her, not here at WS, but other sites.

I do not see a believable motive other than sexual, for any sort of abduction, and even that does not feel right at his age. Perhaps a predator thought he was younger upon first sight, but I fear Dylan's personality probably matches his age and he would fight emphatically, which would not end well for him. Not that it ever does, really, for anyone taken by a predator. Even if they somehow survive, not everyone is mentally or emotionally built to be able to recover.

Just wanted to jump in here & say I disagree about predators preferring children of a younger age.

BBM

Feb 6, 2013

A Brisbane committal hearing for a man accused of killing Sunshine Coast teenager Daniel Morcombe has heard disturbing evidence about the teenager's final moments.

Brett Peter Cowan, 43, is facing five charges over the abduction and murder of 13-year-old Daniel, who disappeared in 2003.

Cowan describes how he offered Daniel a lift as he waited for a bus

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-05/court-hears-gruesome-evidence-on-daniel-morcombe/4501708

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman