CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that if he was going to be upset about those things, it would be more likely to be when they happened. Dylan disappeared ~4 months after he moved, and 2 months after the custody hearing. He had gone on the trip to Boston with him, and was in Vallecito over Labor Day - both after the move - and I'm sure he knew how custody would turn out as soon as MR knew they were moving. MOO

There was something in September with the courts so the summer trip to Boston came before that . So all I was saying is I don't believe they have the same level playingfield . I don't think they are even in the same ball park MOO

There circumstances are totally different when you look at there relationship with Dylan ... IMO

No logical motive does not equal no motive. In the majority of the several cases posted a few days ago of a father killing children, the motive listed was revenge on the other parent.

Motive is never going to make sense in murder, especially that of a child.

Which is what I tend to lean towards . I am not completely sold on it but it is something I do consider ... MOO IMHO

Well, it could very well be true that the cell service is so spotty that it is hard to get service. If you lived in that area, you would know what locations would give you a good signal. Plus, different service providers have different coverage areas.

Someone made the point about the reporters phone ringing, but I imagine if she reports in areas that are remote like the mountains then she would have the best device that's out there. So, Dylan doesn't send any texts after he arrives at MR's. Is it because he couldn't get a signal out? Or, is it because he never made it there?

I have to go with he made it there because of the way LE stated the possible scenarios.

BBM

I have to admit when her phone started ringing I started laughing. How I would love to know who made that actual call.

Did they think that LE would not of already checked the cell phone availability in the house? I would gather they either did not think LE had indeed checked this and/or were trying to make MR look worse.

If someone known to either ER or MR took Dylan, for whatever outlandish reason, that person would have to, by now, be in a fairly desperate state of mind. How can he/she release him? Yet how can they "keep" a teenage boy forever? Is this person carrying on with work, or whatever their daily routine is, with Dylan locked in a basement?

Assuming some loose cannon took him without thinking it out; what happens now? Has this person managed to contain Dylan for over three months, or has Dylan been deceased for some time? Surely Dylan would object to being stolen from his life, friends, pets, family, etc.

If LE along with the FBI have been unable to track or identify such a person over a period of months, in what way could they still do so?

I do not think this scenario is at all likely, just for the record. But I suppose if it happened, the best case would be if Dylan can manage an escape.

I am really reaching to try to buy into this idea (along with the coincidence of his phone ceasing to be operational when he woke on Monday) but it does not work for me in any way. Unless I am completely wrong about LE, they have dug deeply into the lives of MR and ER, for anyone who knew of Dylan and his trip and where MR lived, etc. and it cannot be an endless list, IMO.

I think that a lot of the people on the FB pages who post that Mark is hiding Dylan, deep down inside, believe that Dylan is dead at Mark's hands. Just the amount of vitriol they spew at Mark; It seems like an overreaction to someone who is "hiding" a child. There are cases all the time where one parent takes the child(ren) from the other parent, and you don't see random strangers screaming about it all over the Internet.

I don't really get it. They never mention this person who is "hiding" Dylan abusing or torturing him. They don't even use the word "kidnapping" or say Dylan is being held "against his will". Just that someone is "hiding" him, almost like they are sugarcoating it. And they absolutely hate Mark. I'm not trying to excuse a crime like this, but I don't remember other parents who have "hidden" their kids (child custody cases) being hated on so much.

Really ?!

So you don't think Mark could of been resentful that she won custody and had also moved hours away with his son ?

I think even more well adjusted dads would of been upset at this change ! :cow:

Not only was he not receiving child support any longer, he would have to start paying it.

His son was growing into an a age where they do not appreciate their parents (in general) A parent who had built up a big visit with his "little buddy" and the little buddy wants nothing to do with him, but just to text and go to his friends, is going to be understandably upset.

He has hidden his children before.

These are all reasons that I believe he may very well have done something. Planned or no.

This is the second time I've seen this parental alienation theory come up. There's no evidence of ER poisoning the minds of her children against MR. Parental alienation has already been thrown out there in regard to BOTH of MR's exes. More poor Mark. All MOO

Huh?? Evidence?? Where? Where is the evidence Mark did it? Where is the evidence the others didn't?? Just like where is the evidence Mark harmed Dylan??? Where is the evidence there was an argument or he was jealous or he was getting revenge on his ex or anything else that's been put forth???? Once again, I see an even playing field. What can be said for one can be said for the other or not said about one or the other. IMO.

I would think that if he was going to be upset about those things, it would be more likely to be when they happened. Dylan disappeared ~4 months after he moved, and 2 months after the custody hearing. He had gone on the trip to Boston with him, and was in Vallecito over Labor Day - both after the move - and I'm sure he knew how custody would turn out as soon as MR knew they were moving. MOO

There was one other question I had. If something had happened the night before, why would MR not state when he got up he found Dylan missing?

If we are to go with the phone not working from 8pm, that is 12 hours he had to clean up etc. This would of saved all the problems with cell phone pings, lack of phone calls on landline or ipod, and to me would of been very easy to state, yup he got ticked at me last night, got up this morning so he must of runaway.

I don't see the point of making it more complicated. MR states that Dylan would not of runaway as well.

BBM

I have to admit when her phone started ringing I started laughing. How I would love to know who made that actual call.

Did they think that LE would not of already checked the cell phone availability in the house? I would gather they either did not think LE had indeed checked this and/or were trying to make MR look worse.

It took me a while for it to dawn on me that it might be a set up. But after all the nice things she wrote about mr, I find it hard to picture.

Just wanted to jump in here & say I disagree about predators preferring children of a younger age.

BBM

Feb 6, 2013

A Brisbane committal hearing for a man accused of killing Sunshine Coast teenager Daniel Morcombe has heard disturbing evidence about the teenager's final moments.

Brett Peter Cowan, 43, is facing five charges over the abduction and murder of 13-year-old Daniel, who disappeared in 2003.

Cowan describes how he offered Daniel a lift as he waited for a bus

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-02-05/court-hears-gruesome-evidence-on-daniel-morcombe/4501708

In the US -

■ Teenagers were by far the most frequent victims of both stereotypical kidnappings and nonfamily abductions.

- in planning strategies for preventing and responding to nonfamily abductions, it is important to keep efforts from being misdirected by the stereotype of the preteen victim. In fact, the vulnerability of teens needs to be a central principle guiding such planning.

- also see Table 2 page 7 for breakdown of percentages by age

Nonfamily Abducted Children: National Estimates and Characteristics
http://www.unh.edu/ccrc/pdf/MC19.pdf

Huh?? Evidence?? Where? Where is the evidence Mark did it? Where is the evidence the others didn't?? Just like where is the evidence Mark harmed Dylan??? Where is the evidence there was an argument or he was jealous or he was getting revenge on his ex or anything else that's been put forth???? Once again, I see an even playing field. What can be said for one can be said for the other or not said about one or the other. IMO.

It would surely be circumstantial evidence what I am discussing ?

Dylan not texting that morning when he had opportunity to , Dylan sleeping in when he had made plans for 6:30 am . Dylan leaving the house when he had plans to be picked up at 11:30am .. All of these are strange but do not point to guilt but its enough to say something does not make sense . :cow:

I am not a judge so I do not have to prove anything . All I can go on is what I have seen and something does not add up .. :cow:

MR doesn't seem to think ER was guilty of poisoning Dylan against him. In fact, he says that he was closer to Dylan than ER was:

We were inseparable. I mean… anywhere I was he was right there beside me. You know, He would come to me before he would go to his mom. You know... I think in many ways that was part of the problems that developed in our relationship was because while she was out earning a career, it was
Very difficult for her to Lose sight of the fact that she wasn’t there bonding
With D the way I was and I think that that was a huge problem for her. And I think that that has been a problem for her for a long time now

All MOO

There was one other question I had. If something had happened the night before, why would MR not state when he got up he found Dylan missing?

If we are to go with the phone not working from 8pm, that is 12 hours he had to clean up etc. This would of saved all the problems with cell phone pings, lack of phone calls on landline or ipod, and to me would of been very easy to state, yup he got ticked at me last night, got up this morning so he must of runaway.

I don't see the point of making it more complicated. MR states that Dylan would not of runaway as well.

I've noticed that when people commit a crime they are going to have to report, they put it off as long as possible. Most of the time, I think it's because they are psyching themselves up for the big acting debut, but I'm sure part of it is going over and over everything, and making sure they didn't miss anything that would get them busted.

They often try to get someone else to "discover" the crime, and barring that, like to have someone with them when they "discover" the crime.

He couldn't have someone else "discover" the crime without looking like a real cad of a dad. He *had* to report it before it got much later. But yes, I believe that *if* he had anything to do with Dylan's disappearance, he put it off for the reasons I outlined above.

I think that a lot of the people on the FB pages who post that Mark is hiding Dylan, deep down inside, believe that Dylan is dead at Mark's hands. Just the amount of vitriol they spew at Mark; It seems like an overreaction to someone who is "hiding" a child. There are cases all the time where one parent takes the child(ren) from the other parent, and you don't see random strangers screaming about it all over the Internet.

I don't really get it. They never mention this person who is "hiding" Dylan abusing or torturing him. They don't even use the word "kidnapping" or say Dylan is being held "against his will". Just that someone is "hiding" him, almost like they are sugarcoating it. And they absolutely hate Mark. I'm not trying to excuse a crime like this, but I don't remember other parents who have "hidden" their kids (child custody cases) being hated on so much.

It doesn't make sense does it?? I know it really shocked me that it got so crazy with hatred. Especially since as far as they will go is "hiding". If Dylan is indeed 'hidden'' and is there willingly, then that means Dylan is alive and well and doing just fine. So why the extreme anger?? If this were true they have to know he's coming back. The emotions in this are not proportional to the "crime."

It really should have been handled better up front. To me, Dylan is secondary to all this other drama. If I had a missing child, I would be concentrating on getting him back, not throwing accusations out all over the place with venom. I would be appealing to whoever had my child's compassion and sense of right and wrong, not angering them further if I really thought I was sure who had him. JMO, IMO, Moo.

Well, tomorrow is another day. Hopefully it's one day closer to finding Dylan and having him come home alive and well, safe and sound. That is my prayer every night. G'nite all.

It took me a while for it to dawn on me that it might be a set up. But after all the nice things she wrote about mr, I find it hard to picture.

Remember that she was told that he would never even agree to the interview, so she had already been told alot of things.

She would of had no idea what he was like till she was there.

As well, it did not have to be a co-worker that called, it could of been someone else :)

MR doesn't seem to think ER was guilty of poisoning Dylan against him. In fact, he says that he was closer to Dylan than ER was:

We were inseparable. I mean… anywhere I was he was right there beside me. You know, He would come to me before he would go to his mom. You know... I think in many ways that was part of the problems that developed in our relationship was because while she was out earning a career, it was
Very difficult for her to Lose sight of the fact that she wasn’t there bonding
With D the way I was and I think that that was a huge problem for her. And I think that that has been a problem for her for a long time now

All MOO

Where does it say he said that to Dylan?? It's not parental alienation if the parents isn't badmouthing the parent to the child. I have to wonder why Dylan supposedly didn't want to go to Mark's for Thanksgiving. Who is to say he didn't hear something or wasn't talked to about going. Nothing to say it happened, nothing to say it didn't. IMO

I've noticed that when people commit a crime they are going to have to report, they put it off as long as possible. Most of the time, I think it's because they are psyching themselves up for the big acting debut, but I'm sure part of it is going over and over everything, and making sure they didn't miss anything that would get them busted.

They often try to get someone else to "discover" the crime, and barring that, like to have someone with them when they "discover" the crime.

He couldn't have someone else "discover" the crime without looking like a real cad of a dad. He *had* to report it before it got much later. But yes, I believe that *if* he had anything to do with Dylan's disappearance, he put it off for the reasons I outlined above.

Yup strange happenings I agree.

I once had a collegue say "they reported it too soon", and he was right.

ETA Hopefully good news tomorrow. Gnite all.

this is the craziest I have ever seen. There is no plausible explanation to what happened to Dylan. But, I do not believe Mark had anything to do with it. I don't think ER had anything to do with it. I just hope there is a resolution soon. That is it no more comment. jmo

Regarding the TV being on Nickelodeon...
My teenage son brought up something that is kind of interesting. He says that on a Monday morning that Nickelodeon programming is mostly aimed at younger children. He says that after about 8 or 9 am, the programs would probably not interest a 13 yr old boy. Not sure if this would narrow down a timeline... or just random useless info.

My youngest son is now 19, and up until a year ago was still watching Nickelodeon.

As a matter of fact, when he is home for visits, he still occasionally watches 'Spongebob' (as do I :blushing: )

Also remember when he was younger, that was his favourite station.

That is on the Facebook page if you look . The scudele for Monday morning was aimed at 4 year olds . I am sure LE have also looked into to see if it was something a nearly 14 year old would of watched . Coz I know no teenagers that would watch shows aimed at 4 year olds .

:cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member