CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #41

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome to your opinion. Mine is that whereas ER and Dr P were talking about Tristan's house, MR was talking about the road on the way to Tristan's house, the end of CR500 at CR501, where the mail lady ("she") sighting was.

I'm fine with seeing it differently. It's no big deal.

MR: One of his friends lives up at the lake where I live, and it’s right across from the marina, so it’s not a very far distance for him have…to try to reach out to his friend who lives up at the lake.

Dr. Phil: Okay…

ER: 6 miles

MR: It’s NOT six miles!

ER: It is too far for Dylan, and there was no indica….

MR: It’s not 6 miles from my house to the end of the road.

ER: He would have texted somebody and had somebody come get him.

Dr. Phil: Okay…well, let me… help me out here. See if I have this uhhh correct. (Dr. Phile walks up to screen/map). This is your house, right here.

MR: That’s correct

Dr. Phil: And this is his friends house – uhhh… would this be Tristan’s house here?

MR: That would be T’s

Dr. Phil: This is his friend’s house…
link
MR: Right in front of the lake…

Dr. Phil: and… we did go to Google maps and that’s 5.9 miles.

ER: Yeaaaahhhhhh

(Sounds like audience laughter)

Dr. Phil: From here to here…

MR: Well, now she said to the end of the road….

Dr. Phil: Well, I don’t know where… about the end of the road
But this is 5.9 miles
RBM: If I understand you correctly, you think they were having two different conversations. The original conversation was about going to Tristan's (about 6 miles away) and Mark went off on a slightly different angle talking about the end of the road, or the way to Tristan's house (it's a little convoluted, but I know people who make jumps like that). The problem I have is that, in the Red I put in, Mark now says that SHE said the end of the road, and she said no such thing.

From another viewpoint (mine, as it happens), Elaine says it is six miles, Mark says it is not six miles, then he modifies what he says to say that it is not six miles to the end of the road, making him not incorrect. I see it as a back pedal maneuver, again, because in my experience speaking with people who say something, then realize they are completely wrong and do not want to admit it, these people then start to say that someone else said that, when it was really their own words.

Sometimes this case makes me feel like pulling my hair out!!

Time to put myself in another TO.

If anyone ever figures out where Wendy's dogs hit for sure can you send me a PM?

Just want to throw a couple of things out there:

1. If MR killed Dylan and put him in the lake, he would either need access to a boat or do it from an area that drops 90 degrees into the lake. A dam is a man-made structure that usually drops at a 70-90 degree angle into a lake. There is enough erosion or natural topography around the lake to make it highly unlikely that there is any other area that drops in at a 90 degree angle.
IOW, if you put a body into a lake from shore it's not going to magically move itself into deep(er) water.

2. A reservoir is formed by damming a stream or river across one end. That causes water to stop flowing and back up to the level of the dam or a little below it. There will always be at least a small amount of water flowing out of the "lake" through the dam. This causes a current through the reservoir from the river end toward the dam end. Sunken objects will be moved by the current and end up at the dam.

The point of 1&2 above is that if MR put Dylan into Vallecito Reservoir, he either needed a boat or dropped him from the dam. With the natural current from the water release through the dam, Dylan's body will end up at the dam area no matter where he was put in; unless he is wrapped in a tarp tied with rope and weighted down with concrete blocks to stop his body from moving.

Why couldn't it be by placing/dragging from the shore, dropping it from a pier, from the road over the dam, etc?

So MR made the exchange murky with this :
MR: One of his friends lives up at the lake where I live, and it’s right across from the marina, so it’s not a very far distance for him have…to try to reach out to his friend who lives up at the lake.

Dr. Phil: Okay…

ER: 6 miles

MR: It’s NOT six miles!

ER: It is too far for Dylan, and there was no indica….

MR: It’s not 6 miles from my house to the end of the road.

Is MR talking about the end of the road while everyone else in the room is talking about to T's house? That's the question and none of us know the answer. There is no WAY I'm going to try to guess what MR says vs. what MR thinks ! But it is open for interpretation.

And that Mark agreed when the map was pulled up that it did show the location of T's house.

Moo

I don't believe he did agree.

I just think everyone assumes that Dr. Phil had been given accurate information and it could never be correct if it came from MR from some points of view.

If the information was not accurate then neither is Dr. Phil's map.

I am completely serious.

There are 2 marinas.

The 2 marinas are easily seen on the google map.

It does not matter how many marinas. Dr. Phil points at his location "D" on the map and MR confirms "that would be Tristan's house". 5.9 miles from what MR confirmed was his house.

The is on the assumption that Dr. Phil was working with accurate information.

I seriously doubt that LE would give out that information, and it does not appear that he received it from MR.

That means he must of received his information from ER.

Are you referring to Twelvemile Lake? The marina is exactly 5.9 miles as suggested on Dr. Phil. Twelvemile Lake is 6.7 miles. I tend to believe the show had T's correct address.

I guess I was assuming since each text message ended in the number 7, maybe MSM made an error in the article and meant 9:37 rather than 9:27. KWIM?

The only text messages that have been released, are the exchange between Ryan and Dylan from Sunday late afternoon evening time. And Ryan allowed media to post the messages and time stamp.

Ryan sent Dylan a text Message around 9:27 PM, So the 9:37 PM text that's been talked about being sent from an electronic device by Dylan was never released, or included in the messages Ryan allowed the Media to post.

The only other Message I've seen displayed from Dylan was on his Moms Cell phone, It was the one he responded to his mom after arriving , and I believe he sent it around 7:15. This was seen on the Dr Phil show.

Any other messages sent or Received from any of Dylan's other Friends has never been released !!

I don't believe he did agree.
Do you have a link to him disagreeing? Have you seen the show?
I just think everyone assumes that Dr. Phil had been given accurate information and it could never be correct if it came from MR from some points of view.
No need to assume why we believe it's accurate. We've said so.
If the information was not accurate then neither is Dr. Phil's map.

My comments in blue.

So MR says this on Dr PHil:

''MR: One of his friends lives up at the lake where I live, and it’s right across from the marina, so it’s not a very far distance for him have…to try to reach out to his friend who lives up at the lake."""

Meanwhile, tks fb for the refesher course !
''
Mark Redwine says he remains puzzled why his son Dylan would try to walk to a friend’s house because the terrain is rugged where he lives and the house is a few miles away......................................
. There’s a substantial distance between my house and the lake, so it doesn’t make sense that he would walk out, but he’s a 13-year-old boy, and who knows what they think sometimes?”

On Dec 3, it was a pretty far walk. This week, not so much. FWIW

http://www.gazette.com/articles/dylan-148038-son-redwine.html#ixzz2MPDPmdOB

THIS dude and his language...... what the heck ??

Melissa Blasius:
Why’d you go to Wal-Mart?

Mark Redwine:
Well, I had just recently come in from doing a job in Silver City, New Mexico, so, you know, I didn’t have a whole lot of things for us to eat, and you know, Dylan’s always adamant about having his snacks around and things for him to snack on when he’s around, and…so there was a need for us to grab enough things from Wal-Mart to be able to sustain ourselves for a day or two while we were figuring out… you know, I didn’t even buy anything for Thanksgiving because I didn’t have any concrete plan as to what we were going to do whether we were going to do it here or whether we were going to do it somewhere else. So, all I was trying to do was focus on, you know, having enough to get us by for the next couple days until we could make those arrangements. You know, Dylan … wanted to throw in a few videos that he found in the $5 bin, so we threw those in -- which is one of the movies we would watch that night … you know… when we were together… and… you know…I mean there wasn’t a whole lot of things we needed.

Dylan always ADAMENT about having snacks. Was Dylan a tyrant about his snacks? Or was he a regular kid who wanted a snack and MR thinks him wanting something is being ADAMENT?

For the love of God to MR if you are innocent, do not ever SPEAK another word !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, seriously. He does himself no favors when he tries to explain these things.

It also bothers me that he had no clue what they were going to do for Thanksgiving, and yet he forced his son to miss a family Thanksgiving, with his grandmother who has cancer, which he very much wanted to attend. So Mark goes to court to make sure D has to go have Thanksgiving with him, and then he MAKES NO PLANS for their holiday. None. How depressing for Dylan.JMO

KNOCK IT OFF!

Everyone gets their opinion and gets to interpret the facts they way they see them.

Do not tell others how to post and DO NOT TELL THEM THEY ARE WRONG.

Knock it off or I will start TO'ing.

Salem

This post lands at random.

Just want to throw a couple of things out there:

1. If MR killed Dylan and put him in the lake, he would either need access to a boat or do it from an area that drops 90 degrees into the lake. A dam is a man-made structure that usually drops at a 70-90 degree angle into a lake. There is enough erosion or natural topography around the lake to make it highly unlikely that there is any other area that drops in at a 90 degree angle.
IOW, if you put a body into a lake from shore it's not going to magically move itself into deep(er) water.

2. A reservoir is formed by damming a stream or river across one end. That causes water to stop flowing and back up to the level of the dam or a little below it. There will always be at least a small amount of water flowing out of the "lake" through the dam. This causes a current through the reservoir from the river end toward the dam end. Sunken objects will be moved by the current and end up at the dam.

The point of 1&2 above is that if MR put Dylan into Vallecito Reservoir, he either needed a boat or dropped him from the dam. With the natural current from the water release through the dam, Dylan's body will end up at the dam area no matter where he was put in; unless he is wrapped in a tarp tied with rope and weighted down with concrete blocks to stop his body from moving.
There are several areas of the lake that are deeper at the edge. If you look on Google maps you can see this. Also, while it is possible this reservoir is shallow all the way around, I have never seen another reservoir that is shallow all the way around. There have always been shallow areas, and deep areas close to the shores of all the ones I have been to (somewhere in excess of a hundred).

I also don't understand how you write "if you put a body into a lake from shore it's not going to magically move itself into deep(er) water" then write "Sunken objects will be moved by the current and end up at the dam" Those seem to contradict each other, so could you explain?

Also, there is so much flotsam and jetsam on the bottom of a reservoir, anything that sank in it can get caught on something, or caught under something, and maybe never move again, or maybe, with the advent of a storm or watercraft movement, get stirred up and move along or float to the top.

RBM: If I understand you correctly, you think they were having two different conversations. The original conversation was about going to Tristan's (about 6 miles away) and Mark went off on a slightly different angle talking about the end of the road, or the way to Tristan's house (it's a little convoluted, but I know people who make jumps like that). The problem I have is that, in the Red I put in, Mark now says that SHE said the end of the road, and she said no such thing.

From another viewpoint (mine, as it happens), Elaine says it is six miles, Mark says it is not six miles, then he modifies what he says to say that it is not six miles to the end of the road, making him not incorrect. I see it as a back pedal maneuver, again, because in my experience speaking with people who say something, then realize they are completely wrong and do not want to admit it, these people then start to say that someone else said that, when it was really their own words.

VERY GOOD POINT!! :great: :great: :great:

So what is the next move for the family ?

Dr Phil has brought in much needed exposure but they need to capitalise on that IMO

Also get the lake cleared ... ASAP

I think getting the lake cleared is a high priority. But it is so huge and cold, I am not sure it is really possible to do that completely.

The 5.9 miles was the Distance from MR house to Tristan's house, Dr Phil googled it.

Then I don't believe Dr. Phil's map is accurate or what MR was stating.

We will have to agree to disagree. :)

Jumping in here - I think I'm finally caught up! I have read every post from the beginning, but have lurked because I can't read or post during the day and barely catch up on reading late at night.
I do have a question, though. Would the dogs be able to identify Dylan's scent or a HR scent if a smokey wood stove was used in the home? Also, how would this be affected if a person smoked heavily in the home?
I cannot believe dogs were not used in the home to determine whether Dylan was ever there.

JMO MOO

I think getting the lake cleared is a high priority. But it is so huge and cold, I am not sure it is really possible to do that completely.

The problem is that LE seem in no rush so i think they should use some of the money they have raised to get professionals in to do it. Surely that is a better option than waiting for LE who talk about Bush or brush or whatever it was they was on about and discredit the dogs .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08