Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC it was transcripts

I asked my daughter what the B3) meant and she had no idea, she's fired. :)

Turn it on its side, and its a pair of eyes, a nose and a smiling mouth

My kids and their friends do this a lot, on texts and on Facebook messages - not the same one as a signature though. Each different symbol reflects a different mood. :-/ is puzzled for example, or unsure.

Doesn't anyone else besides me think it's incredibly odd that they drove through McDonalds and ate while driving home vs. going inside and eating? Especially since MR wanted to sit down and eat.

I thought it was strange. not that they would have done that per se, but that he talked about it the way he did. He noted that there was conflict and tension between him and DR by stating that story. He also sounded upset that DR didn't want to do what MR wanted to do and that DR got his way. MR seems to expect respect and for kids to defer to him. So, I just think it's more evidence things weren't going well for them.
I imagine MR was like, ok whatever we're going through the drive thru, just to kind of be difficult. They could have gone in and sat down but I imagine MR didn't allow it after DR changed MR's plans and got his way.

I thought it was strange. not that they would have done that per se, but that he talked about it the way he did. He noted that there was conflict and tension between him and DR by stating that story. He also sounded upset that DR didn't want to do what MR wanted to do and that DR got his way. MR seems to expect respect and for kids to defer to him. So, I just think it's more evidence things weren't going well for them.
I imagine MR was like, ok whatever we're going through the drive thru, just to kind of be difficult. They could have gone in and sat down but I imagine MR didn't allow it after DR changed MR's plans and got his way.

I totally see this a different way. Whenever I take my kids to McDonalds, they usually want to eat in the car, rather than sit inside.

McD's are not particularly clean, well not round here anyway! Quite often you have to clean away other people's rubbish off the tables, as the staff are usually too busy with the queue at the counter to deal with the mess. It always has a bit of a sticky, grubby feel to the place to me.

I don't like the smell of McDonalds lingering in my car, but I always feel a bit unclean when I come out of one! So, I don't find it that strange that they didn't go inside. Maybe after the long day, Dylan didn't want to go inside and sit down, maybe he wanted to get "home" so preferred to eat on them move.

Doesn't anyone else besides me think it's incredibly odd that they drove through McDonalds and ate while driving home vs. going inside and eating? Especially since MR wanted to sit down and eat.

Not really.. I'm thinking MR wanted to go somewhere a little 'nicer' - not necessarily fancy but not fast food. Then when Dylan wanted to go to McD's instead, they opted for the drive through. Maybe MR was irritated Dylan didn't want to go somewhere else and said something like "fine, we'll eat in the car then," maybe they were running later than expected... hard to say but I can see several possibilities.

I'm just thinking if I wanted a burger and was planning to go to somewhere like Red Robin then changed my mind and wanted fast food, I'd probably hit the drive-through at the fast food place. Even if I just go sit and eat at a park or something it's better than the inside seating at most of the fast food places near me.

I really don't understand why it's such a big deal that MR would have preferred to eat at a sit down restaurant. It's always been the same way with my son and me. I'd rather sit and eat so I can have a few cups of coffee, but he'd rather just get his food, go home and do whatever it is he's into at the time. Even when we've gone through the drive-thru at McDonald's, I've never even been tempted to kill him for it. BK, maybe! :what:

It sometimes amazes me how differently I see things than so many others here. I keep reading that it's showing there was tension/dissension/disagreement whatever between them, but I see it as one more way he's trying to show that he always let Dylan have his way. If I'm that far off base with these two, I may have to rethink some of the relationships I've had for 40-50 years. Maybe people are trying to say totally different things with their actions than I've always read. :waitasec: MOO

If it was a signature line, then it would have shown up on Dylan's texts to R, wouldn't it?

ETA - lol Mija - just saw your post above. I'm slowwwwww today!

Not if it wasn't on the iPod that he was texting from instead of phone.

Turn it on its side, and its a pair of eyes, a nose and a smiling mouth

My kids and their friends do this a lot, on texts and on Facebook messages - not the same one as a signature though. Each different symbol reflects a different mood. :-/ is puzzled for example, or unsure.

In the video you can see that Dylan was texting her earlier (5:51) and I believe he's saying something about a FACE WITH A STASH. STASH I'm interpreting as short for moustache. I think they were probably texting and he was trying out emoticons. :)

You can see it on the Episode 1 Dr Phil video at 5:20.

OT-
does anyone live in N Carolina? The god-daughter of a friend of my sister's has been missing since 3/3 from Wareham MA. Her cell phone was last pinged in N. Carolina before it stopped responding. Her name is Kelly Woiszwillo. 5'2". 100 Lbs. long brown hair. 14 yo. she is believed to be with a 37 YO black male and in danger.

Oh, it appears she was found safe.

I live in NC

OT-
does anyone live in N Carolina? The god-daughter of a friend of my sister's has been missing since 3/3 from Wareham MA. Her cell phone was last pinged in N. Carolina before it stopped responding. Her name is Kelly Woiszwillo. 5'2". 100 Lbs. long brown hair. 14 yo. she is believed to be with a 37 YO black male and in danger.

I was reading too fast! I'm so glad she was found safe!

Not if it wasn't on the iPod that he was texting from instead of phone.

You can tell Dylan was texting R from a non-iOS device because of the text bubble color. iOS to iOS devices have a blue bubble and non-iOS device to iOS device have a green bubble color.
In this image, R's texts are have a green color because Dylan does not have a phone using iMessage (the iOS5 texting app). If Dylan was on an iPod this would be blue.

EP-121219687.jpg&maxw=650&maxh=550

Discussion of iMessage colors here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3520795?start=0&tstart=0

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...r-colorado-boy-who-vanished-during-dad-visit/

Police and volunteers searched a Colorado lake for a 13-year-old boy after cadaver dogs picked up a scent that led them to the edge of the water.
But the latest development in the week-long hunt Dylan Redwine failed to find the boy or his body.

Seven divers from New Mexico State Police searched Vallecito Lake through the weekend after the dogs followed the scent to the lake, according to KMGH.

Was it ever determined where the cadaver dogs picked up the scent ? It was obviously before they arrived at the lake.

Interesting that every time I read these I find something I didn't notice before. Namely PICKED UP A SCENT THAT LED THEM TO THE EDGE OF THE WATER.

It makes sense to me. Some had speculated that MR would have to have a boat to get the body out deep enough. The scent was picked up on the EDGE of the water and just where I would expect it to be if a body was put in from the shore and got caught on something. I wonder if it was the southeast edge? I looked along the southwest side of the lake and there are scattered houses. Nothing on the east but a couple of campgrounds about midway up best I can tell.

<modsnip>? Besides, he said Dylan didn't want to go to a sit-and-eat kind of place anyway so he hit up a McDonalds instead. It's not that hard to understand. The only thing that could make this set of facts fishy is if they actually ordered McFishs.

OT-

I'm really glad to hear she was found safe!:great:

You can tell Dylan was texting R from a non-iOS device because of the text bubble color. iOS to iOS devices have a blue bubble and non-iOS device to iOS device have a green bubble color.
In this image, R's texts are have a green color because Dylan does not have a phone using iMessage (the iOS5 texting app). If Dylan was on an iPod this would be blue.

Discussion of iMessage colors here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3520795?start=0&tstart=0

i have an iphone 3 and DH has a 4. his texts are green.

Can't remember if it was an earlier thread here or a FB discussion with someone else but the theory was that if MR was a drinker, he wanted to go to a restaurant to sit down and have a drink with dinner. If Dylan balked, MR would drive through McDs and get home that much quicker. I doubt there was much discussion over where to eat at all. That part of the story goes right into throwing the football for me- a fictional tale of a night that did not happen.

BBM ugh, I hadn't even thought of that but it seems possible, among the many other possible reasons. We used to go out with a couple all the time who were pretty heavy drinkers, and they would fight so hard to go somewhere that served drinks. They had been good friends with my husband before I met him so I didn't really know them well or what the deal was, but they were always so adamant about going or not going to certain places to eat. They'd definitely hit a drive through then go somewhere else so they could drink while eating their McD's or whatever. I'm not saying or speculating that this is what MR may have done, it just reminded me of that personal experience and another possible explanation for the drive through. I still go back to "eww" about the inside of McD's as the most likely reason though, unless that one's much cleaner than the ones near me.

That's correct, iMessage was part of the iOS 5 upgrade. I think they recommended not installing it on anything older than the iPhone 4.

<Mod snip> Besides, he said Dylan didn't want to go to a sit-and-eat kind of place anyway so he hit up a McDonalds instead. It's not that hard to understand. The only thing that could make this set of facts fishy is if they actually ordered McFishs.

There are always people eating inside every McDonald's I have gone to. Like 50%-75% of the tables are filled. I'm not seeing why that is so strange.

I have an iPhone 4S and sometimes if I am texting and I don't have a good signal I will receive a message as a text instead if iMessage and it's green.

I may be in the minority, but I still don't believe that Dylan even made it to MR's home....or at least....not alive.

And MR may be lousy at lying, but I don't believe he's stupid....and I seriously doubt that if he harmed Dylan that he would dispose of him that near his home.

I think he tried to steer investigators towards the lake just for kicks...so they would waste time/effort searching there.

If MR is responsible, he had from 7:22pm (reported time at McDonald's drive-thru) til approx 5 to 6pm Monday to dispose, clean, etc.

And I might be crazy, but I still have my doubts that the reported 9:37pm communication even occurred. I still think law enforcement could have released that info in an effort to get MR to speak out more & give more details on the evening timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895