CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry I know it's hard to laugh when a child's missing but you've gotta smile once in awhile right? And your first paragraph had me :floorlaugh: I doubt he talks like that in his normal day too, but if he does, wow... it'd mean he's as confusing day to day as he is in this high pressure situation!

About your second point, I agree, that's kind of how I've felt too -communicated covers everything, as well as indicated. "I indicated to Dylan that I was leaving" vs. "I TOLD Dylan I was leaving" sound just enough different I can see using indicated to be vague. Indicated means what? Told him and hoped he heard you in his sleep? (if this whole story is true)

I also notice it's usually "to" someone, not a back and forth conversation or communication. Indicated doesn't even really leave room for it to be a back and forth. Makes me wonder is it a control thing? Can't remember so be vague? Unusual way of speaking?

All MOO and just some thoughts.

I believe "we" :) have to listen to the times he is speaking with vague terms. I believe he is not giving truthful accounts at those times and that is most likely when things happened.

LOL I have also!
Especially when to leave! :floorlaugh:

Yep. I guess I've learned when to leave myself. Apparently nothing can be discussed unless it favors MR.

There really isn't much relevant to discuss, that bone has been picked clean. I will continue to check in though because I know one day he will be found and charges will be filed. Justice will prevail.

Probably because it is not necessary for him to clear himself with a website.

I am not talking about clearing himself with a website. He could have taken a new poly, either on national TV or with LE. He could have done so and cleared himself of much suspicion. Why did he choose Jim Beam over the poly?

I am not talking about clearing himself with a website. He could have taken a new poly, either on national TV or with LE. He could have done so and cleared himself of much suspicion. Why did he choose Jim Beam over the poly?

Only LE would know if he has taken another poly or if they recommended that he do so.

Interactions and Reactions

• A guilty person gets defensive. An innocent person will often go on the offensive.

• A liar is uncomfortable facing his questioner/accuser and may turn his head or body away.

• A liar might unconsciously place objects (book, coffee cup, etc.) between themselves and you

A gun?

The following is MOO, and focuses more on the extraneous details vs. specifics of this case. If this is taking it too far O/T, or has been discussed in the pages I have yet to read on this thread then mods, please remove it!

The first bullet point on this list has always bothered me, frankly. Why would someone who is innocent NOT be defensive if they keep being questioned over and over? Or, perhaps, I am not clear on which behaviors constitute true defensive actions vs. offensive actions or statements when someone is being questioned about something? Or, maybe due to my past I respond differently to things than others? I personally get a little peeved when someone doesn't believe that I'm telling the truth - maybe that's a leftover trait from childhood??? I am also a little paranoid that no-one will believe me even when I am telling the truth - that I know is an after-effect of the abuse I suffered where my father kept stressing that no-one would ever believe me? So, how would LEOs be able to tell with someone like me when I'm telling the truth or not? I know there are other ways, but some of these things like eye-contact, body language, defensiveness vs. offensive reactions don't always apply.

Of course, maybe these things get turned on their head when you are arguing with someone who is antisocial vs. LEOs, or psychologists, etc... The only thing I have to go on really is how my father always acted when he was accusing me of something I didn't do, and how angry that used to make me.

Also, his behavior in the courts during the family court hearings when he was charged with physical abuse of my sister, and he (partially successfully - at least for a while) convinced the judge that I was trying to be vindictive, and he lied about so many things I had supposedly done to him, and all sorts of accusations against my character which I found out much later about when the case was transferred to a different county after they moved (a much smaller county and with a case worker who didn't buy any of my father's lies - such a wonderful woman...). [All along I think he thought that I called DCFS on him, but it wasn't me - it was my sister's friend's mother...]

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to point out is that sociopaths (those with Anti-Social Personality Disorders) often study these things in depth and then use these commonly held beliefs to delude others into thinking they are being honest. Some are very successful in doing so, and that is why that gut feeling still separates some of the best investigators/case workers/psychologists, etc... from the rest (not that the others are inherently bad at their jobs, just that some of these sociopaths truly are criminal geniuses, and why they can get away from prosecution for crimes LE basically knows they are guilty of, but can't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt).

I don't think MR is one of those criminal geniuses though - he's made way too many mistakes already...

Sorry to inject my own past into this comment so much, it's just what I can bring to the discussion with my own experiences. Maybe someone can explain this to me - the defensive vs. offensive behaviors - but, maybe it wouldn't be good to do that here... I don't want to give people who may be lurking sociopaths more ammunition for their future escapades.

I'm just trying to understand a little more why these lists are always referred to as being so reliable, especially when dealing with someone who truly is likely an experienced sociopath vs. a "regular" person attempting to lie. It would seem to me that they are on totally different levels as far as response.

Also - sorry this comment was so long!

As always all of the above is from my experiences, and is MOO. :cow:

I'm just repeating somethings I already said, mainly as a possible explanation for why MR speaks of "we" and "us" so much these days. These are several of his early quotes, which brought on criticism for using "I" and "me" so much. I wonder how much of his "we" and "us" is his was of trying not to sound so self-centered? (when complaining about his personal pronouns, people excused the plural pronouns ER used because they weren't focused only on her.) I really don't believe his social skills are the greatest, and he may just be trying to sound more normal. MOO

“We've got to put our faith in God,” Mark Redwine said Sunday morning. “I'm trying to stay strong and not lose my faith.”
Mark Redwine said in a telephone interview that “it's been very difficult” dealing with Dylan's disappearance sometime the morning of Nov. 19. “I'm not eating or sleeping,” he said.
Mark Redwine said he had some frustrations about the whole event, the first being what happened to Dylan.
“We're all searching for that answer,” he said.
“I think we're all frustrated,” including the community, he added. He said in the last day or two he has been trying to contact the task force for updates but has received no response.
“I tend to be more of a private person,” he explained. “I keep things bottled up inside.”
“Fathers and mothers do what we got to do” to support their families, even if that means long-distance jobs, Redwine said.
“I've always said I'm, a city boy,” Redwine said. “It takes awhile getting used to.”
http://durangoherald.com/article/20121203/NEWS01/121209900/Family-keeps-faith-through-adverse-time--

Dylan wouldn't have run away: He was too happy, his father said,
"His priority was pretty much with his friends, so I wasn't alarmed," Mark said.
Mark wonders whether Dylan became impatient and hitchhiked. "I can't quite wrap my mind around that yet," he said.
"Reality starting to set in"
"I just want my son back," he said. "I know it's crossing all our minds — reality is starting to set in that that may not be a possibility."
http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/ci_22110078/dad-its-wait-wonder

“He has nothing and no one to run away from,” Mark Redwine said.
http://durangoherald.com/article/20...ment-says-missing-teenager-did-not-run-away--

"That boy was my whole world," he told the crowd. "I would do anything to find him. You don't know how much I love that boy."
"Unfortunately, his mother and I don't see eye to eye," he said. "I wish it could be different because at a time like this, we should be together."
http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_22083134#ixzz2Eaau7PMO

Yep. I guess I've learned when to leave myself. Apparently nothing can be discussed unless it favors MR.

Wait a minute are you saying that only discussion that favors MR is being discussed here? Really?

Ima

This is a discussion board, that is what we do here. We discuss crimes, and the missing.

We are involved here enough to keep Dylan's name out there. We all want Dylan home.

Ima

I don't really post in or visit this topic much anymore, but I do think about Dylan every day and send positive vibes to the LE in the area who can potentially bring justice for him and the searchers who may find him.

There is such a paucity of information about hard evidence in this case that discussion necessarily becomes extremely subjective, in my opinion.

Clearly, Mark Redwine pushes many posters' buttons.

His persona actually reminds me very much of a couple of friends of ours. Both have been diagnosed with ADHD and one has learning disabilities, to boot. They are just bumbling along through life as are we all, and neither is the devil incarnate. I am not qualified to diagnose Mr. Redwine, but thought I would throw out that possible explanation for his mannerisms.

I once worked with a very dear and highly esteemed police lieutenant who always referred to himself in the plural. I never did really understand why, but I don't think it's all that weird or significant.

In my opinion, the bottom line here is written on a bumper sticker I saw recently: I don't know, and you don't either.

I hope we can respectfully and honestly come to know, and I really, really hope we'll all be relieved with what we find at the end of the process.

Watching mystery detectives and a woman was murdered and they suspected a guy who had a real estate transaction with her and they thought it was weird that someone kept a movie and dining receipt like he did. They said "who keeps a movie receipt in their records"? They thought it was Obvious alibi building. And they looked up his ex wife and paid close attention to her description of his past behavior. They then seized his computer and found searches about how to beat a polygraph then they found motive - they were deep in debt - he was trying to get out of 25000 dollars he owed her. They put all pieces together and arrested and convicted him. INTERESTING

There is such a paucity of information about hard evidence in this case that discussion necessarily becomes extremely subjective, in my opinion.

Clearly, Mark Redwine pushes many posters' buttons.

His persona actually reminds me very much of a couple of friends of ours. Both have been diagnosed with ADHD and one has learning disabilities, to boot. They are just bumbling along through life as are we all, and neither is the devil incarnate. I am not qualified to diagnose Mr. Redwine, but thought I would throw out that possible explanation for his mannerisms.

I once worked with a very dear and highly esteemed police lieutenant who always referred to himself in the plural. I never did really understand why, but I don't think it's all that weird or significant.

In my opinion, the bottom line here is written on a bumper sticker I saw recently: I don't know, and you don't either.

I hope we can respectfully and honestly come to know, and I really, really hope we'll all be relieved with what we find at the end of the process.

I would agree, except we have the benefit (for me, at least) of having an insider who knows a great deal about MR, which is something we seldom, if ever have. To me, he is far from an innocently bumbling grieving father who chooses the wrong words. At the very least, he is a man who has been violent with his wives, induced violence from his children, and has displayed a greater interest in needling and upsetting ER than doing anything to help Dylan's cause.

Still watching Mystery Detectives - another episode - and it said the investigators had withheld evidence from the public and suspect and when they interrogated him the way he answered the questions they were able to link him to the murder and arrest him.

Still watching Mystery Detectives - another episode - and it said the investigators had withheld evidence from the public and suspect and when they interrogated him the way he answered the questions they were able to link him to the murder and arrest him.

That seems to be SOP for LE as I've heard that fact time and time again, in re: to withholding information from the public, and definitely from the suspect. That way if someone indicates knowledge that only the police know then they can right away tell they are either dealing with someone who was there at the scene, or knows more about the crime than they are admitting to (perhaps someone confessed something to the person, and they know who did it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3