Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I was thinking again...

I'd really like to know who took the pictures of MR. It seems to me that anyone who had the fetishes he's said to have is more likely to be subservient than dominant, which I had mentioned before was the opinion I got of him from the DP show. If that is the case, it's also possible that the photographer was the dominant person in his life at that time. Is it possible that this person has recently returned to his life and is responsible for Dylan's disappearance? Again, if that's so (I seem to say that a lot lately), how likely would MR be to say anything if his partner/mother/whatever told him not to. MOO

MOO - Self portraits.
IMO if the parent of a missing child is told not to say anything by his/her partner/mother/whatever, and the parent listens to their partner/mother/whatever at the cost of the freedom of their child, well IMO then that's a parent who cares about themself more than their child and that IMO is sad.

Still trying to catch up so this will probably be random...

Do we know how Cory got the pictures? I'm just trying to figure out the thought process when they found the pictures. Personally, I'd be shocked. Not sure I'd think to copy them or even think they'd come in handy for use later. Just curious.

Dylan is a public figure since his disappearance. I don't necessarily mean 5 years from now either. Let's just say he was found tomorrow. In a few months he returns to school, and some jerk that's just jealous of attention Dylan is getting or something reads up on Dylan's case, or even heard all the local gossip, remember it's not just Vallecito and Bayfield residents following but people in CO Springs and Monument, and wants to use what they have heard about this to bully Dylan. It may really be hard to think that far ahead, but that's what I am trying to convey is how this could affect him later on. The intentions, I do not believe, were to hurt Dylan, but it also doesn't seem that anyone has considered how this could cause further harm to Dylan. In this case it wouldn't be his dad doing the harming, but his brother and now his mother because they were the one who made it public knowledge. We were completely unaware of them until Cory mentioned them on DP then certain FB pages ran with them. Then Elaine come on here and discussed them.

I am sorry, I will have to come back to this later. The weather outside is frightful and I need to keep an eye on the weather.

We can fuss and argue and point fingers at whoever we believe put those pics out in public view all day, but it won't change the fact that it is DONE, OVER, KAPUT! IOW, forgetaboutit! There is nothing anyone can do to change what has been done or undo what has been said or seen!
Bottom line here, MR is seriously disturbed. Whether the public knows or not, doesn't change that fact in the least!
I am 99.9% certain that Dylan will not be returning home and therefore, the only person with a "problem" so to speak, is Mark Redwine. Do I feel sorry for him? Nope. Do I think he needs help? Absolutely. If Dylan falls into my .01% and is found alive, will he need help? Absolutely. Will his father's pictures be the most important thing if that happens? I sincerely doubt it. I believe if Dylan is ever found, there are other things that will magnify those pics a thousand fold.
Is this a problem for Mark Redwine? Absolutely. Is anyone responsible for Mark Redwine's problem or finding a solution to Mark Redwine's problem? Absolutely....Mark Redwine is responsible.

So, the opinion of family could be explained by alienation. But then there is also the matter of the photographs, which MR has not denied. They have to be explained as just a harmless fetish, or maybe that MR is a freak but not a murderer. So, then you have him failing a LDT and not taking another, but that's explained by him being nervous about the fetish or being bullied by his angry family. So then you have his changing stories and his rambling way of talking and his many deflections. But then it's explained by him being just kind of bumbling and rambling and uneducated. So then you have a history of domestic abuse with his ex-wife, but that's excused as not really DV or irrelevant to the case or just a case of he said-she said, even thought we have a verified insider who confirms it and court records. And then you have three incidents of him not returning the children, but that's just excused as exaggeration. The list just goes on and on.

The very first thing I saw in regards to this case was the uncut video interview with MR. I knew NOTHING about the case at all. I heard MR constantly making disparaging comments about his wife and immediately thought, I think he killed his son. That's why I started following this thread.

You is in general. JMO. etc.

There seems to be a lot of erroneous facts floating around or something. I do not think it was reported Mark failed a poly. I believe Mark on DP said that LE told him he failed the poly. ER said that LE told her his LDT was inconclusive. So the question now is, did he fail or was it inconclusive? For all we know he passed it and no one is saying that. LE had not released any information about the results.

One could also view this whole finger pointing at Mark as being one really big deflection if one chooses. I don't know how many times a person can answer the same question the same way without eventually getting snarky about it, or changing the subject to something else. If you kept hammering on me for over four months, I may be very well inclined to say, for the past four months all we have talked about it is what I have done wrong, so let's talk about you, let's put you under the microscope too. I don't really view that as deflection so much as I view it as saying I have already been dissected inside and out, so now that I have been thoroughly explored, let's explore you now. If we are going to get to the bottom of all our issues. Usually issues don't revolve around just one person. Two to tango, personality conflicts, etc.

This is just my :twocents: and you is in usage to mean generally and no one specific.

There seems to be a lot of erroneous facts floating around or something. I do not think it was reported Mark failed a poly. I believe Mark on DP said that LE told him he failed the poly. ER said that LE told her his LDT was inconclusive. So the question now is, did he fail or was it inconclusive? For all we know he passed it and no one is saying that. LE had not released any information about the results.

One could also view this whole finger pointing at Mark as being one really big deflection if one chooses. I don't know how many times a person can answer the same question the same way without eventually getting snarky about it, or changing the subject to something else. If you kept hammering on me for over four months, I may be very well inclined to say, for the past four months all we have talked about it is what I have done wrong, so let's talk about you, let's put you under the microscope too. I don't really view that as deflection so much as I view it as saying I have already been dissected inside and out, so now that I have been thoroughly explored, let's explore you now. If we are going to get to the bottom of all our issues. Usually issues don't revolve around just one person. Two to tango, personality conflicts, etc.

This is just my :twocents: and you is in usage to mean generally and no one specific.

Ohhhhh, I agree. There is a LOT of erroneous information floating around out there. There are even some people who are going to great lengths to "defend" MR as staunchly as a defense attorney would defend him.
Fortunately, I don't fall for any of those attempts, nor do I think most of the general population will either. :seeya:

IMO - I think people would be more understanding of that if he didn't have so many other issues that he CAN control, like engaging in his own public display of search for Dylan. He's coming across, IMO, as making the battle with ER and CR more important than Dylan. IMO.

I don't think that would work. I never once thought he appeared insane or anything like it. I've said it before, but fetishes are not diagnosed as a mental illness unless it's interfering with life or harms another. (Harm is not someone's knowledge of the fetish from a diagnostic point of view).

As far as I'm aware - from a layman's position of course - I think you're right that a fetish cannot be diagnosed as a mental illness all on its own, and I believe fetishes fall into the category of "symptoms" and "coping mechanisms" with deeper psychological problems underneath (when said fetish interferes with daily life, and ability to function in a healthy way - not saying that all people with fetishes are seriously mentally ill). I'm fairly certain that it can be used as a factor in diagnosing with a larger personality disorder type illness though.

Psychologists, psychiatrists and social workers look at the "big picture" while adding up all of the "little pieces" when it comes to actually making a diagnosis. Some don't even like to make a "for sure" diagnosis as it can interfere with the way a client views themselves and their problems.

If we are talking about someone who truly does have seriously mental illness - on the antisocial behavior scale, or possibly extending into psychopathic behavior then seeing that person as "crazy" is often quite challenging for those not familiar with the signs. That is how these people often get away with so many of their crimes - they are extremely good at mimicking appropriate behavior, maintaining a normal lifestyle to some degree, lying is second nature to them. The thing is though - the real "geniuses" among these types of people often do not let themselves lose control in any way by using alcohol, or other drugs which may impair their ability to keep up the game, so to speak.

The rapid deterioration that has apparently been noticed in this case, would definitely make sense if this person had lost control of the "game", that's for sure.

Having said all of that... Even if someone is mentally ill in a serious manner, that does not make it easy to plead insanity - temporary or otherwise. I don't think MR or any other attorney would be able to make a judge or jury believe that MR was in some way aware of his actions, IF he did in fact hurt Dylan. The "cover-up" that appears to be ongoing, is another thing that would point to the fact that an insanity plea would not work for him.

In the thread discussing the show last night I linked to an article discussing domestic abuse, and male psychopaths. The types of fetishes that MR apparently engaged in are way beyond the realm of "typical", or "normal" even within those sub-cultures, as some with experience in the "scene" have attested to in the last few pages of this thread. I haven't been back to the "show thread" since early this morning, but if anyone wants to read the post, and the article I attached, I can bring a link to this post...

As always, all of the above is MOO! :cow:

Disclaimer: I am not a psychologist, psychiatrist, nor a social worker. I am not attempting to diagnose anyone. I am just sharing my observations in regard to this case, my personal experience with someone who did have serious mental illness (ASPD), and my layman's understanding of these problems through my own research and self-education, as well as education through my own counseling experiences.

Can't really keep up with the weather with the dish being out, so.

This is how I feel. I don't personally know Elaine or Mark. They can both tell me about their divorce and what the did or didn't fight about or how their kid felt, etc. The thing is I have to consider this, that neither of them are accurate about this. I will tell you this, the same way I consider with ER, I also consider this, if CR was on MR side of the fence right now I would have two conclusions: One that either she is a terrible mother or two that there could be some form of parental alienation going on that we may know nothing of. Which is the same way I am looking at it now but with Mark. I like to air on the side of caution when it comes to "family" disputes. In reality thus far we have only heard one side of the story in regards to this, I felt that a lot of times when Mark tried to answer stuff on DP that he wasn't even given the floor to answer, that people were telling him what everything was from their own questions. Outside of that MR refuses to bash his wife or talk about her or their past problems. I feel we have only half a picture here.

I find it unlikely that even the much put upon Mark Redwine would be unfortunate enough to marry two women who would want to deprive their children of a relationship with their father. Two women who would falsely accuse him of hiding their children and having anger issues. He has no relationship with his grown sons and only saw Dylan sporadically. Maybe all these people are just mean, vindictive and untruthful. Or maybe, just maybe, IT'S MARK'S FAULT. All MOO

I asked this before and no one responded so I'll ask it again since we are speculating on Dylan's future, hoping that he has a future. And Elaine said on the show again that she is still holding on to that hope. And CR said on Dr Phil that he thinks it is possible Mark is hiding him. Yes, they see reality too, but as long as there is that hope, Dylan's safety has to be considered. IMO
Dr Phil Day 2 transcript

If Dylan is alive, is this a safe tactic to use? Is pressuring a mentally deteriorating, alcohol abusing, angry person who has your child captive the right tactic?

They've tried accusing, they've tried begging, Dr. Phil gave him the "come to Jesus talk"...when nothing is working, you try everything you can think of.

There seems to be a lot of erroneous facts floating around or something. I do not think it was reported Mark failed a poly. I believe Mark on DP said that LE told him he failed the poly.

Above snipped to focus on this statement alone...
It was MR himself who stated in his interview taped before the Dr. Phil show that MR said, and I quote from the transcript;
MR:
I did take a lie detector test. There seems to be some confusion as to what those results are from a law enforcement, but… (laughs)… I really don’t want to tell you that.

They haven’t confirmed the results of Elaine’s test to me nor my test to Elaine necessarily. I’d just as soon leave it at that.

That’s a sore spot with me. The bottom line is we’re all suspects regardless of what the law enforcement says, and whether we’ve taken polygraph tests or not, it doesn’t matter what the results are because it hasn’t eliminated anybody.

And during the aired portion of the show when DP was asking him about the Polygraph he took for LE he again stated, and I quote from the transcript;
Dr. Phil:
Did you take a polygraph in this matter. Did the police ask you to take a polygraph?

MR:
I did. They did ask me...

Dr. Phil:
And what were the results?

MR:
Well,… there’s been some conflict as to what the actual reaser… (Stumbles on word) results are.

Dr. Phil:
Well, what did they tell you?

MR:
Well…they told me that I failed it. Then they told me it was inconclusive… and there was some question about the person giving the polygraph as to whether or not they were capable of performing that… polygraph test…

PS - I seem to remember him mentioning the word failed and inconclusive in the clip portion as well, but I will need to go back and re-watch the clips of MR on Day 1 to be certain... The above quotations are taken from the transcripts of the episodes provided by TXJan1971, and are available for download on the media links thread for this case...

ETA: Found the clip related above on Day 1 - watched it again, and the transcript is absolutely correct. The one thing that can't be conveyed is MR's behavior while making the statements in the clip portion. The laughing, and stating how he'd rather just "leave it at that" and the smirk literally makes me sick.

Note to TXJan1971 - I don't mean at all to make you feel as if I am attacking your transcription. Reading a transcript vs. my recall of watching the episosde (several times now) makes comparison hard, and has led me several times to make mistakes as to what I remember as far as body language and hand gestures, and which statements they were actually attached to. That is ALL on me, and has nothing to do with you. I greatly appreciate the transcripts, as otherwise I'd be killing myself to find all of the references through the videos all the time.

Did I miss something? Has Mark been indicted? Is he on trial? I don't see how explaining another point of view or attempting to see other sides as defending. I see everyone else explaining Elaine's side but very few even trying to attempt to understand or see Mark's at all. If you refuse to look at everything in a whole and consider things you haven't yet thought of then you will miss the whole picture. If you believe everything one person tells you, you will also miss the whole picture. MOO. MOO. MOO.

Above snipped to focus on this statement alone...
It was MR himself who stated in his interview taped before the Dr. Phil show that MR said, and I quote from the transcript;

And during the aired portion of the show when DP was asking him about the Polygraph he took for LE he again stated, and I quote from the transcript;

PS - I seem to remember him mentioning the word failed and inconclusive in the clip portion as well, but I will need to go back and re-watch the clips of MR on Day 1 to be certain... The above quotations are taken from the transcripts of the episodes provided by TXJan1971, and are available for download on the media links thread for this case...

Elaine stated on NG that she believed his results were inconclusive. You know in thinking of that response I was wondering how Elaine would come to know that. I wouldn't think LE would have told her. I will admit that I also noted that there were issues there where NG was kinda interrogating her on the issue of the LDT. That's why I stated as it is that when we get down to it, there seems to be no clear answer as to what the results of that test were. Of course that was after it was stated as fact that he failed the poly. It's not something truly known therefore it can't be a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azgrandma
Just catching up and sorry if this was already discussed.
BBM IMO ER is catching a lot of flack for antagonizing MR, mudslinging and humiliation, which is undeserved. ER is not responsible for the actions of others. If John Doe or Sally Smith want to post something, say something, divulge something - that is the responsibility of John Doe or Sally Smith. Their actions are not IMO at the direction of ER.

IMO ER has been very respectful and kind to the person she believes disappeared her son. Yes, ER yelled, screamed and demanded answers on DP, IMO that's due to a lack of being able to communicate with the father for months.

If there is information out there that ER, (not anyone else) has antagonized, slung mud or humiliated MR please provide a link. TIA

The facebook page, Find Missing Dylan Redwine, is promoted as being the official and sanctioned page for Dylan by his mother and her friend. That page in turn has endorsed and sent people to at least two pages devoted to bad mouthing Mark Redwine while pretending to be warriors. That, IMO, may as well be Elaine, as she has full knowledge of the content and recommendations listed. Also, IMO, Dylan is being harmed by this behavior because good people will stop looking.

I'm from planet Earth :great:

BUIBM - this was my question
BBM - response
BBN - me too, welcome to earth third rock from the sun :skip: :floorlaugh: could resist and jk

Back to my question, having full knowledge does not IMO equal full responsibility, is there anything anywhere that ER has antagonized, slung mud or humiliated MR in public? IIRC she did once say that she believed he knew more than what he was saying but IMO that is not humiliating, antagonizing or mud slinging.

TIA

LE has stated he has been cooperative. If he has not been cooperative would they say he has been? Also, how do we know what he is doing? We know he isn't doing anything with Elaine to help find Dylan but not that he isn't doing anything on his own.

Also, how much of this anger has prevented Mark from being out in the public eye helping in the search for Dylan? Many people have said that Mark isn't doing anything, but I have seen interviews, I have seen where he has talked to reporters, maybe not for an exclusive interview but to answer their questions.

And a reminder too is she is not the only parent missing a child. Mark may very well be missing his child very much too. I won't presume to know what either of them are really feeling deep down. I will at least consider and give the benefit of the doubt they are both missing Dylan very much and they both want him home.

I am a mother, but I would never presume to believe that a mother's love is ever deeper than a father's love or vice versa. Both mothers and fathers love their children.

Well I think we all saw how cooperative he is by is actions on Dr Phil.
JMO

Did I miss something? Has Mark been indicted? Is he on trial? I don't see how explaining another point of view or attempting to see other sides as defending. I see everyone else explaining Elaine's side but very few even trying to attempt to understand or see Mark's at all. If you refuse to look at everything in a whole and consider things you haven't yet thought of then you will miss the whole picture. If you believe everything one person tells you, you will also miss the whole picture. MOO. MOO. MOO.

Not being snarky or anything, but this isn't court. It's Websleuths. A lot of us have been here for all 45 threads and Mark's "point of view" has been explained at least a thousand times. Unfortunately, it doesn't add up for me...no matter how many explanations, excuses, reasons are provided.
You have every right to your opinion about MR. I also have every right to my opinion of MR. I don't find it necessary to provide elaborate explanations or excuses for Mark Redwine. You are free to discuss your reasons as much as you choose. It doesn't mean I will agree with you, though. It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azgrandma
Just catching up and sorry if this was already discussed.
BBM IMO ER is catching a lot of flack for antagonizing MR, mudslinging and humiliation, which is undeserved. ER is not responsible for the actions of others. If John Doe or Sally Smith want to post something, say something, divulge something - that is the responsibility of John Doe or Sally Smith. Their actions are not IMO at the direction of ER.

IMO ER has been very respectful and kind to the person she believes disappeared her son. Yes, ER yelled, screamed and demanded answers on DP, IMO that's due to a lack of being able to communicate with the father for months.

If there is information out there that ER, (not anyone else) has antagonized, slung mud or humiliated MR please provide a link. TIA

The facebook page, Find Missing Dylan Redwine, is promoted as being the official and sanctioned page for Dylan by his mother and her friend. That page in turn has endorsed and sent people to at least two pages devoted to bad mouthing Mark Redwine while pretending to be warriors. That, IMO, may as well be Elaine, as she has full knowledge of the content and recommendations listed. Also, IMO, Dylan is being harmed by this behavior because good people will stop looking.

I'm from planet Earth :great:

BUIBM - this was my question
BBM - response
BBN - me too, welcome to earth third rock from the sun :skip: :floorlaugh: could resist and jk

Back to my question, having full knowledge does not IMO equal full responsibility, is there anything anywhere that ER has antagonized, slung mud or humiliated MR in public? IIRC she did once say that she believed he knew more than what he was saying but IMO that is not humiliating, antagonizing or mud slinging.

TIA

Just a quick question, being aware of these things, could she not ask the people not to do these things out of respect for her? She has asked other people to take down their pages, so why could she not ask the ones running the mudslinging pages to take them down?

I don't know if she has, just asking couldn't she if she wanted to? It's my understanding a lot of the people who run these pages seem to be "friends" of hers.

I do not know what happened up there with that. Nor how to correct it.

MR is the last known person to see Dylan. Dylan's communication ceased on Sunday night. MR went from saying that he was unable to wake Dylan, to waking Dylan and having Dylan tell him he understood that he was missing his ride and would have to wait until MR got back. It seems there may have been no scent trail for Dylan from the house. Elaine said last night she is not convinced he ever made it there, and IMO, even LE does not know for certain. Nothing of Dylan's was left behind. Did he not even brush his teeth, or more unlikely, are we to think he packed up his toothbrush and left? The whole thing makes no sense. MR claims there was a cereal bowl on counter, LE had no comment. LE has seemingly been unable to verify one single thing said by MR except for those stops captured on video and his errands and/or alibi stops on Monday.

What am I forgetting? I won't go into polygraphs or his apparent casual demeanor about Dylan being missing, or even his bizarre menu of offerings as to what may have happened to him from falling into lakes, talking to strangers, to being taken far away. Those are all subjective, I guess and open to apologists to give excuses for MR.

I feel POSITIVE that LE cannot clear him and that he is their prime and only suspect, only I fear the case may never advance.

I haven't read it. In my line of work, I specialize in and train people in fetishes. I also have many friends in the bdsm lifestyle.
<SNIP>
BBM
What kind of fetishes do you train people in?

Sorry, I couldn't resist that. :blushing:

Well I think we all saw how cooperative he is by is actions on Dr Phil.
JMO

I think I'm missing something here. Is DP a member of LE? Or maybe CR or ER? Otherwise I don't see what anything he did on the show has to do with whether or not he has cooperated with LE. MOO

I do not know what happened up there with that. Nor how to correct it.

In her quote, she had bolded the first bracket in the "[/quote]" which messes up the quote. When you quoted her post, it used the unquote from that quote to finsih off the one in hers...

Just unbold the [ in her post, and it should fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member