CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just registered, after reading quite a few comments over a lot of threads and some of my thoughts may be coming late over things you have moved on from, but there were a few things that I didn't see that were also considerations. The fishing pole and Cory's comments about knowing were it was located in the house. What did Mark and Dylan do the last time Dylan came to visit? Did they go fishing together? Cory was very adamant where the pole was, but on some level my mind was thinking how do you really know unless you have been there recently? Stuff around my house, even the usual places they are suppose to be, are not always there if recently used for something. I grew up in a household that fished a lot. I had a pole that everyone called mine, but when my dad went on fishing trips by himself or with his friends he still took my pole with him. So, I can't help but note that as being odd in my mind, because I am unsure of how he would know where the pole recently was located.
One interesting thing I can say from personal experience: when I lived alone, things were where they always were. I put them someplace and you could depend on it being there the next time. However, after living with my family, I can never be sure where anything is (I swear, if someone puts my tools in the wrong drawer one more time.....I mean, they are marked with what goes in them....). This was brought to point just recently when a diagnostic tool I had (yes, had) was needed. I went to the place I had stored it for seven years and it was there. I gave it to spousey to use. Spousey used it, and instead of putting it away, left it on the table. We all saw it left on the table. It's gone. No one can find it anywhere. It's not in it's original location, or any other location we can find. We even searched the vegetable crisper (that has happened before).

Even so, the fact that Cory finds it so strange that Mark notices a fishing pole missing before noticing Dylan's backpack missing means that, in Cory's experience, the fishing pole would USUALLY be in the garage. Not that it was on that particular day, just that it USUALLY was in the garage. And if it wasn't on that particular day, why wasn't it? Obviously Cory did not think the fishing pole normally lived in the house. (That would be a bit unusual)

One interesting thing I can say from personal experience: when I lived alone, things were where they always were. I put them someplace and you could depend on it being there the next time. However, after living with my family, I can never be sure where anything is (I swear, if someone puts my tools in the wrong drawer one more time.....I mean, they are marked with what goes in them....). This was brought to point just recently when a diagnostic tool I had (yes, had) was needed. I went to the place I had stored it for seven years and it was there. I gave it to spousey to use. Spousey used it, and instead of putting it away, left it on the table. We all saw it left on the table. It's gone. No one can find it anywhere. It's not in it's original location. We even searched the vegetable crisper (that has happened before).

Even so, the fact that Cory finds it so strange that Mark notices a fishing pole missing before noticing Dylan's backpack missing means that, in Cory's experience, the fishing pole would USUALLY be in the garage. Not that it was on that particular day, just that it USUALLY was in the garage. And if it wasn't on that particular day, why wasn't it? Obviously Cory did not think the fishing pole normally lived in the house. (That would be a bit unusual)

That sounds like my house! I know where I put it!!! Question is which one of you kids put your grubby paws on it!!!

It was just the insistence in the knowing part that really got me. Mark seems to be a good ol' country boy and it wouldn't surprise me if he fished during down time. It's not something I know for fact, but being the country gal I am, if I lived on the river I would be fishing every spare moment the weather was nice. I must also note that in MO Vallecito is absolutely beautiful, a total sportsman's(or woman) dream!

That sounds like my house! I know where I put it!!! Question is which one of you kids put your grubby paws on it!!!

It was just the insistence in the knowing part that really got me. Mark seems to be a good ol' country boy and it wouldn't surprise me if he fished during down time. It's not something I know for fact, but being the country gal I am, if I lived on the river I would be fishing every spare moment the weather was nice. I must also note that in MO Vallecito is absolutely beautiful, a total sportsman's(or woman) dream!
A question, then. If you were able to fish every day, would you leave your fishing pole in your house, or front porch or back porch, or would you put it away? Would your "away" be somewhere different than your "away" if you only fished once a week or once a month?

A question, then. If you were able to fish every day, would you leave your fishing pole in your house, or front porch or back porch, or would you put it away? Would your "away" be somewhere different than your "away" if you only fished once a week or once a month?

Guess it depends on the kind of person you are. I can only use my dad for reference on this issue, but he often brought his in the house after returning to make needed repairs. He often changed the lines too. My dad took week long trips to the gulf, deep sea fishing, so he often brought his in before and after a trip. They usually were returned after a massive amount of nagging by mom, or mom got fed up and tossed them outside. He is one though who would get out on project, get distracted and move on to something else. So in MO it would really depend on the kind of person Mark is. He could have brought it in to make sure if Dylan wanted to go fishing he didn't have to hunt it down himself later, or to make sure it was ready???

My opinion of the discussion on DP was that Cory was pushing that he knew exactly where the pole was, to the point he even spoke over Mark to say where the pole was. In that instance I just don't get how someone can be that certain. Even if I had been to my mom and dad's house recently I don't believe I would presume to tell there where something was in their home when to me they are more likely to know the last place it was, especially if there is a chance they recently moved it. Again, to me it's just odd.

Like others up thread...when I was single I would notice something missing in the garage just by walking through. Everything had a place in, as one date said (and not complimentary) my "man" garage.

That's why I think Cory probably did know where the fishing pole was better than MR. MR could never say, with certainty, a pole was missing. He always seemed to hedge with he "may" of had one.

I tend to think MR is more the type to acquire "fishing" equipment in a flourishing and grand way with the intentions of being the "father" and doing "dad" things. Then the equipment and plans all eventually end up in a dark corner....as an artifact of something which never was nor would be.

I would never say that MR is smart and that's why he hasn't been arrested yet. I do believe that MR is devious though. I thought from the beginning that MR tossed DR"s phone after an altercation, I am not so sure now. Everyone knows that phones can be tracked so I would think that MR had the phone on him when he returned home so that he could show that Dylan was at the house. He could have gotten rid of it Monday morning and also sent the last text.

I also think that the reason DR wanted to go through the drive-thru at MD is because he wanted to hurry up and get to his friends house. This is when the things went sour. I am sure DR didn't take it well when he was told he wasn't going to be dropped off. I don't think DR said ;oh okay'. MR probably was yelling about buying the plane ticket and so on. Maybe MR said that he would take him back to the airport and have his mom pick him up.
Just some thought I have:twocents:

I see a lot where people think a violent argument occurs because MR said no to Dylan. I have kids. I tell them no all the time. No violence occurs. Parents tell their kids no all the time. I just can't wrap my head around that a huge explosion occurred because Dylan wasn't allowed to see his friends that night. I also don't see a fit of rage occurring because Dylan is texting. It just doesn't ring true with me in this situation. MOO

I think it's quite possible MR had Dylan's pole in the house because maybe he was hoping they would do something fishing while Dylan was visiting. MR doesn't strike me as anal retentive in where he keeps his things and making sure everything is in its designated place. JMO

Different departments handle their cases in different manners. They have soooo many more resources than we have and know a lot more behind the scenes than we do. Unless it's a case like KC Anthony where doc dumps were released frequently, we have no clue what they have and what they don't. Don't despair, I'd bet they are taking Dylan's case very seriously.

I'm sure they are, it's probably the biggest case they will have in their careers. And I think they are dotting all their i's and crossing all their t's. They'll need to to bring this case to a conclusion. I think they have a plethora of information that we can only guess about. And more than anything, I'm now convinced that they are sitting back, watching this family and just waiting. All of them involved are showing a lot of things to LE that is very useful in finding out what happened to Dylan and where he is. IMO.

I see a lot where people think a violent argument occurs because MR said no to Dylan. I have kids. I tell them no all the time. No violence occurs. Parents tell their kids no all the time. I just can't wrap my head around that a huge explosion occurred because Dylan wasn't allowed to see his friends that night. I also don't see a fit of rage occurring because Dylan is texting. It just doesn't ring true with me in this situation. MOO

...snipped....
I can't speak for the rest, but I have seen violent arguments ensue when a child/teenager wants to do something, a parent says no, and the child/teenager pushes back verbally. I have personally witnessed, and gotten between, parents who push, hit and throw things at their child right in front of a bunch of other people, and all because the child dared to "backtalk" to him/her (yes, it's not just men). I shudder to think of how many parents may do this behind closed doors, but not in public. So you (that is the general "you") have to go with each person can only sleuth from his/her own experiences. You are fortunate that you have never seen this and cannot wrap your head around that scenario. ( I get that, up until I was 32, I would have said the same as you. Not any more.)

I'm sure they are, it's probably the biggest case they will have in their careers. And I think they are dotting all their i's and crossing all their t's. They'll need to to bring this case to a conclusion. I think they have a plethora of information that we can only guess about. And more than anything, I'm now convinced that they are sitting back, watching this family and just waiting. All of them involved are showing a lot of things to LE that is very useful in finding out what happened to Dylan and where he is. IMO.

I wish I believed this. I used to believe it about Kyron and other cases where family seemed to be key, to no avail thus far.

I hate to say it, but I think they are waiting till spring thaw. If there is a body in the reservoir, there is a good chance it would appear, Dylan or someone else. The campgrounds open and people will be around the lake, ATVing, hiking, etc. If there is something to be found out there, it is more likely to be found that way than trying to search every square foot of such a large wilderness area.

From the sound of things, I don't think Cory had been to his father's house in YEARS. In any case, even if the pole had been kept in the garage, it doesn't mean Mark hadn't brought it in the house in preparation for Dylan's visit. He may have brought it in to make sure it was all set up and ready to use since Elaine made a point of mentioning that Dylan didn't know how to string his own pole. So it's likely that's what happened and that's why Mark knew where it was in the house and realized it was missing. IMO.

I have seen kids throw major temper tantrums when they don't get their way. And I have seen parents lose it when their kids do. I'm not saying it hasn't happened or couldn't happen, because it does happen. We don't know if it happened in THIS case though. That's only guessing.

Just like 13 year old boys being abducted from their parents homes have happened and just like teenagers being kept for years by whoever has abducted them, (Jaycee Dugard, Steven Stayner, Shawn Hornback) but it won't seriously be considered in this case. IMO

I have seen kids throw major temper tantrums when they don't get their way. And I have seen parents lose it when their kids do. I'm not saying it hasn't happened or couldn't happen, because it does happen. We don't know if it happened in THIS case though. That's only guessing.

Just like 13 year old boys being abducted from their parents homes have happened and just like teenagers being kept for years by whoever has abducted them, (Jaycee Dugard, Steven Stayner, Shawn Hornback) but it won't seriously be considered in this case. IMO
RBM: Of course, but the point is that it is a possibility that there was an argument that got out of hand and should be considered as such. It should not just be dismissed out of hand, any more than anything else that fits the circumstances should be dismissed.
BBM: I disagree. I think is very seriously being considered in this case.

Not dimissing a sranger kidnapping and nor are many others, entirely, IMO , but it is difficult to say that LE has a handle on this case on the one hand, and believe this is a predator crime, on the other, since their actions (or non-actions) certainly do not suggest this.

Dylan had firm plans in his mind, as of 9:37pm, there would be no reason for him to send a message that he would be anyplace other than wherever R was. And surely LE has spoken to the recipient?

LE is making this text into a giant mystery even if it really isn't. My feelings are more about the time being important, rather than the text itself.

Are you sure it's not US making it into a giant mystery ? I think LE just filled in the timeline a bit and after Phil show when ER say that text was to a friend, I sort of stopped thinking of that text as so significant. LE has saying nothing except the text happened. All the other speculation has been by us, ME included so I'm guilty of it as well. Why didn't they tell us sooner? I 'm just thinking they didnt' feel it was important or it was left out of the initial timeline on accident. I think if it were so important Phil and ER would not have glossed over it so quickly and without discussion on his show. JMO of course. I could be wrong.

Welcome to Websleuths, Emma.

Yes, welcome Emma!! Glad to you have you here.

I can't speak for the rest, but I have seen violent arguments ensue when a child/teenager wants to do something, a parent says no, and the child/teenager pushes back verbally. I have personally witnessed, and gotten between, parents who push, hit and throw things at their child right in front of a bunch of other people, and all because the child dared to "backtalk" to him/her (yes, it's not just men). I shudder to think of how many parents may do this behind closed doors, but not in public. So you (that is the general "you") have to go with each person can only sleuth from his/her own experiences. You are fortunate that you have never seen this and cannot wrap your head around that scenario. ( I get that, up until I was 32, I would have said the same as you. Not any more.)

And THIS is what I love so much about WS. We come from all walks of life, different cultures, different generations, etc...

Thank you. It's so easy to go by only what we experience in our own lives that we lose sight of things. My oldest is only 12, so I have some time I hope before he starts getting mouthy. lol **knocking on wood**

Are you sure it's not US making it into a giant mystery ? I think LE just filled in the timeline a bit and after Phil show when ER say that text was to a friend, I sort of stopped thinking of that text as so significant. LE has saying nothing except the text happened. All the other speculation has been by us, ME included so I'm guilty of it as well. Why didn't they tell us sooner? I 'm just thinking they didnt' feel it was important or it was left out of the initial timeline on accident. I think if it were so important Phil and ER would not have glossed over it so quickly and without discussion on his show. JMO of course. I could be wrong.

C'mon now, don't go bursting our bubble. lol The text is the only new info we received. We need to hash and rehash the bejeebus out of it. :floorlaugh:

My opinion of the discussion on DP was that Cory was pushing that he knew exactly where the pole was, to the point he even spoke over Mark to say where the pole was. In that instance I just don't get how someone can be that certain. Even if I had been to my mom and dad's house recently I don't believe I would presume to tell there where something was in their home when to me they are more likely to know the last place it was, especially if there is a chance they recently moved it. Again, to me it's just odd.

Hmm maybe CR saw that pole while they were searching and thought oh hey there's DR' pole and then was surpised to hear later that MR said DR"s pole was gone?
Another thing I've thought on the PHIL show when the exchange between MR and CR re : the pole, did anyone else feel that MR was going to keep talking but CR interrupted him? I can remember at the time I heard it the first time or ' fresh' that I thought maybe MR was going to say ' it was by the tv ..............where I set it out ESPECIALLY for this week so DR would not have to go dig it out of the garage' or something like that. It's not uncommon when you're having a visit to set out things you know you're likely to need during that visit so they're easy to get to if anyone needs them. Food for thought............ throwing MR a bone.........again. moooo

eta OOPS sorry Seajay , I see you wrote about the same thing re: the pole ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy