DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:welcome4:

Welcome Emma to Websleuths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs Raine

Hi everyone,

forgive me if this has already been asked. I watched the case on Dr.Phil and what stuck out to me was that Dylan's fishing pole was missing. Is it not a possibility, then, that Dylan may have gone fishing and fallen into the lake and drowned?

It is OK to ask Danaya. The fishing pole that was found was determined not to be Dylans. Here is a news link if you would like to read
http://host-29.242.54.159.gannett.c...-13-year-old-son-Dylan-Redwines-disappearance

few days ago, there was a part of a fishing pole found on the Vallecito Dam, and investigators have determined that it has no connection with Dylan. The owner of that broken fishing pole has been contacted and the fishing pole has been ruled out as a potential clue.

I am referring to Dr.Phil saying that there was a missing fishing pole at the Dad's house. So couldn't it be possible that Dylan took the pole, went fishing and fell in the water? Which is why the cellphone isn't being used? The only thing is the time of day isn't usual to be fishing but I know some people fish at night...

I am referring to Dr.Phil saying that there was a missing fishing pole at the Dad's house. So couldn't it be possible that Dylan took the pole, went fishing and fell in the water? Which is why the cellphone isn't being used? The only thing is the time of day isn't usual to be fishing but I know some people fish at night...

Yes, it's absolutely possible, and according to MR he went missing in the morning hours of Monday, so night time wouldn't factor in.

I think you'll find many people who will discount that theory, but at this point anything is possible. It very well could be something as simple as he did go fishing and he did fall into the lake. MOO

Well, that was my first thought after seeing this on Dr.Phil and having no knowledge of the case prior. I just thought instantly of him maybe reaching into the lake to grab a fish or something and falling. I didn't get a vibe from the Dad that he was lying, I thought he seemed ashamed that Dylan disapeared while under his care and he was taking a verbal beating from the Mother. Anyway, I don't know what the motive would be. You don't just all of a sudden "snap" and kill your 13 year old. I mean, I'm sure it has happened, but the father didn't seem like he was suffering from some serious mental breakdown and if he was... would he really have the capability to cover it up this well? Transport and hide his son's body and throw it away? Think about it, parents who kill their own child in a "moment of anger" usually make up some kind of accident story. They can't throw their child's body away, they do what is easiest. There is always a motive, always, and I just don't see what it'd be.

Hi everyone,

forgive me if this has already been asked. I watched the case on Dr.Phil and what stuck out to me was that Dylan's fishing pole was missing. Is it not a possibility, then, that Dylan may have gone fishing and fallen into the lake and drowned?

I think the fishing pole was never taken by Dylan. Red herring? You can go back to the first few threads and there is quite a lot of discussion about it.... I do not blame you if you don't. That is a LOT to read. MOO MOO MOO

The missing backpack with all of Dylan's possessions inside is what makes this theory very unlikely IMO

Well, that was my first thought after seeing this on Dr.Phil and having no knowledge of the case prior. I just thought instantly of him maybe reaching into the lake to grab a fish or something and falling. I didn't get a vibe from the Dad that he was lying, I thought he seemed ashamed that Dylan disapeared while under his care and he was taking a verbal beating from the Mother. Anyway, I don't know what the motive would be. You don't just all of a sudden "snap" and kill your 13 year old. I mean, I'm sure it has happened, but the father didn't seem like he was suffering from some serious mental breakdown and if he was... would he really have the capability to cover it up this well? Transport and hide his son's body and throw it away? Think about it, parents who kill their own child in a "moment of anger" usually make up some kind of accident story. They can't throw their child's body away, they do what is easiest. There is always a motive, always, and I just don't see what it'd be.

There is all kinds of people that do all kinds of things. Especially when there is a custody battle. I have a few things in my head jumbling around and not all go straight to MR did it.... Did he have something to do with it? I think so. However small or large that may be. But that is JMO IMO MOO Nothing more.

RBM: Of course, but the point is that it is a possibility that there was an argument that got out of hand and should be considered as such. It should not just be dismissed out of hand, any more than anything else that fits the circumstances should be dismissed.
BBM: I disagree. I think is very seriously being considered in this case.

RBBM: Do you really? That's good to know because the times it's been brought up, I felt it got a cursory glance and then back to everyone's favorite suspect. I have tried on several occasions to generate a discussion about abduction and him being held but it doesn't take hold as a plausible idea to most.

Abduction has not been ruled out by LE and I honestly don't think enough time has been spent on that idea. This is why I said what I did.

Hi everyone,

Yes, it is possible. I think that's why LE went to the lake early on to look. But like abduction, not much time has been spent on that idea other than to debunk it because of it's source. Because his mother said he didn't like to fish, and his brother had to string his pole, this theory has largely been discounted. Althought it really is a possibility. Perhaps we will know in the spring thaw. IMO

If you read back through many of our old threads then a motive might appear. From looking at Mark and seeing his grief, one might assume he is being honest. But many who have known him well for years, think that he is lying and suspect he is guilty.

If you read more about his past history then some things might fall into place for you better. JMO

How about Casey Anthony?

Motive - anger, jealousy, control (or loss of), loss of joint custody, having to pay child support, possible alcohol abuse, not to mention on-going court battles for years and years, not receiving the respect he thought he deserved, .....JMO

I truly believe that people do "snap".....sometimes over the smallest thing

From article after the Dr. Phil show:

Prior to the polygraph Dr. Phil said if one of his sons were missing he would be doing everything possible to find them but he told Mark Redwine that he was acting the complete opposite. Mark Redwine did not show any emotion during the two-day taping of the show.

“You seem diametrically opposite from that. You seem smug, you seem cavalier, you seem unplugged, you seem combative. You just seem like you just aren't engaged. Which makes me think either you don't care or you already have the answer,” Dr. Phil told Mark Redwine.

“I don't know what happened here. If you have your son stashed somewhere or if God forbid you flew into a rage and you hurt him accidentally and he's dead, if something has happened I will help you deal with it now and we will go recover that young man. Because if you are involved it's just a matter of time,” Dr. Phil said, adding that his offer had a shelf life. “If you're not involved then there's something seriously wrong with you because your reaction to this, something's wrong.”

http://www.ourcoloradonews.com/news/...a4bcf887a.html

BBM

There are several circumstances that make that unlikely. Dylan was supposedly sound asleep at 7:30, out like a light and dint want to get up. So you have to assume he slept a little while longer.

There was a long text conversation with his best friend, who he hadn't seen in months, from Sunday night. And they made plans to get together with their other friends early Monday morning. His friend started texting him that morning when he didn't arrive in Bayfield.

So many of us wonder, WHY would Dylan get up, ignore those texts, pack up all of his belongings, and walk all alone 6 miles to the lake to fish, when his best friends were waiting on him?

Dylan was not an avid fisherman. He was a very popular and social 13 yr old kid who was thrilled about seeing his old friends. There is no way he would go to a remote fishing spot all alone while his friends waited. And why wouldn't he contact them if he did decide to do that?

Holy smokes, did I miss something? I didn't realize all that happened between MR and Dylan.

Just look at Marks OWN WORDS when he talks about Dylan. He tells us how much closer his relationship was with D, than D's was with his mom. Who does that when their child is missing? He loves to tell us how extremely close they were, and how Dylan was his whole entire world. Meanwhile, he seemed to have not been in very close touch with him at all. So something is wrong with his story, imo.

And if you listen to his interviews, 'he does protest too much' when he declares ad nauseum, how happy he was to allow Dylan to see his friends because they were his priority. But it does not appear to be so.

Just look at how close he is with his 3 grown sons.

Just look at Marks OWN WORDS when he talks about Dylan. He tells us how much closer his relationship was with D, than D's was with his mom. Who does that when their child is missing? He loves to tell us how extremely close they were, and how Dylan was his whole entire world. Meanwhile, he seemed to have not been in very close touch with him at all. So something is wrong with his story, imo.

And if you listen to his interviews, 'he does protest too much' when he declares ad nauseum, how happy he was to allow Dylan to see his friends because they were his priority. But it does not appear to be so.

Just look at how close he is with his 3 grown sons.

We never did hear the start of that MB interview - the question from MB that drew that response IMO. I also grant MR a little leeway given that for many weeks previous, the media had been repeating quotes about how he wasn't that close to Dylan, and didn't know him very well. I've no doubt by that stage MR was feeling a bit defensive about how his relationship with Dylan was portrayed.

IMO Dr P's string of adjectives about how MR appeared on his show was simply his own opinion, just like ours here - the fact that it made a great sound byte and that it was said by Dr P doesn't make it true.

here are my thoughts and i may get flack for it but oh well...

MR continues to lead the LE and the media to believe that there is a *chance* Dylan either fell into the lake, has been disposed of at the lake, etc. the whole fishing pole thing i think is somewhat of a red herring because there isn't a single ounce of me that believes the kid went fishing, but i think MR made mention of it on purpose.

i believe Dylan could be found in the lake, in some time, and that MR is waiting for it to happen so he can say "aha i told you" but by the time Dylan is found, it'll be difficult if not impossible to determine COD and he will get to trumpet it as his intuition having led investigators to finally find him.

i can believe he snapped on Dylan...i think there was either an argument or there was resentment building in MR and it came to a head when Dylan arrived to stay with him...i don't think Dylan ever saw the inside of the house and was instead probably left in the lake and MR went home that night. Either this, or Dylan is elsewhere and clues and or remains will surface in the lake but there will be evidence and possibly remains found in other locations eventually as well.

this is all my thinking...i've been watching this case and this thread for some time and i could be completely wrong, but these are the scenarios that make sense to me. i couldn't imagine being in ER's shoes, she must feel absolutely horrified at having sent Dylan away only for him to go missing, with her feelings being that MR's violent tendencies finally reached a fever pitch and resulted in Dylan's disappearance. makes me thankful i never had and never would have children with my ex.

sorry if it all seems harsh, but any sympathy or doubt in my mind about MR has been eradicated as the case has gone on and MR seems to incriminate himself. i think Dr. Phil's sentiments and statements to MR are dead on.

MR continues to lead the LE and the media to believe that there is a *chance* Dylan either fell into the lake, has been disposed of at the lake, etc. the whole fishing pole thing i think is somewhat of a red herring because there isn't a single ounce of me that believes the kid went fishing, but i think MR made mention of it on purpose.

i believe Dylan could be found in the lake, in some time, and that MR is waiting for it to happen so he can say "aha i told you" but by the time Dylan is found, it'll be difficult if not impossible to determine COD and he will get to trumpet it as his intuition having led investigators to finally find him.

i can believe he snapped on Dylan...i think there was either an argument or there was resentment building in MR and it came to a head when Dylan arrived to stay with him...i don't think Dylan ever saw the inside of the house and was instead probably left in the lake and MR went home that night. Either this, or Dylan is elsewhere and clues and or remains will surface in the lake but there will be evidence and possibly remains found in other locations eventually as well.

this is all my thinking...i've been watching this case and this thread for some time and i could be completely wrong, but these are the scenarios that make sense to me. i couldn't imagine being in ER's shoes, she must feel absolutely horrified at having sent Dylan away only for him to go missing, with her feelings being that MR's violent tendencies finally reached a fever pitch and resulted in Dylan's disappearance. makes me thankful i never had and never would have children with my ex.

sorry if it all seems harsh, but any sympathy or doubt in my mind about MR has been eradicated as the case has gone on and MR seems to incriminate himself. i think Dr. Phil's sentiments and statements to MR are dead on.

I doubt you will get "flack" for expressing your opinion. Others may disagree, but that's what the forum is all about. I'm thankful we can express our opinions here without being absolutely denigrated or abused - and that if it starts to happen it is dealt with pretty swiftly.

There's a lot of mystery about this case, but I believe that MR's verbal and social ineptitude (or the perception of that at least) doesn't necessarily equate to him being a murderer.
:moo:

If Dylan is in the lake, I would have to believe he's been weighted down. If that's the case, then I don't see how MR could say told ya so. If MR killed Dylan prior to placing him in the lake, then he'd either had to have put the backpack on Dylan to place him in the lake, which would then put decomp on him. If he killed Dylan while he was still wearing the backpack, then it would have to have been one killing blow, in which case there'd be evidence on Dylan's body regardless of how long he was submerged. I say one blow because if the first blow didn't knock him out, then surely he'd shrug off the backpack to fight back. Either way, MR would be perp and would be caught. IF this is what happened, why wouldn't MR take off? Why would he point LE to the lake? I'm probably rambling here. I have thoughts in my head but I have a broken finger and it's taken me forever just to type this. :)

If Dylan is in the lake, I would have to believe he's been weighted down. If that's the case, then I don't see how MR could say told ya so. If MR killed Dylan prior to placing him in the lake, then he'd either had to have put the backpack on Dylan to place him in the lake, which would then put decomp on him. If he killed Dylan while he was still wearing the backpack, then it would have to have been one killing blow, in which case there'd be evidence on Dylan's body regardless of how long he was submerged. I say one blow because if the first blow didn't knock him out, then surely he'd shrug off the backpack to fight back. Either way, MR would be perp and would be caught. IF this is what happened, why wouldn't MR take off? Why would he point LE to the lake? I'm probably rambling here. I have thoughts in my head but I have a broken finger and it's taken me forever just to type this. :)

You've made some great points there really - things I haven't thought of before. I've never believed MR was deliberately pointing LE towards the lake, but if that is where Dylan happens to be found then MR would have made things infinitely worse for himself. Any of the scenarios you have listed above could have been perpetrated by someone else - but of course MR would still get the blame unless they could somehow pinpoint the individual responsible.

Not sure I made complete sense there - started to confuse myself really!
:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member