CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he was interrupted, but if he thought the fishing pole could have been in one of several places, I think that makes it even less likely that he would have noticed it missing right off the bat. All MOO

Did Mark say in one of his interviews that the first thing he noticed missing was the fishing pole? Or did he say that it was later on that he noticed that the fishing pole was missing?

I can't find anything about it at the moment, but I somehow have the idea that this boss with the cabin was from a previous job, not the job with the pipe laying company. Maybe AZG knows for sure. (boss's- if the pronunciation sounds normal, the regular rule applies. If the pronunciation sounds awkward as in Achilles' heel, only the apostrophe is used. I think:))

Was the boss's cabin when he took AZG's kids? I can't keep them straight.

BBM

Good work! However from my POV, an altercation could have occurred before 9:37 pm because Mark had access to Dylan's cell phone.

On the way home, Mark could have driven his truck into a secluded area, pulled Dylan out of the truck, assaulted him, and pushed him off a cliff. This would explain why no clues have been found in Mark's truck or house.

When Mark arrived home, he sent a text on Dylan's phone to make it seem like Dylan made it there and was alive and well. After he sent the text, he got rid of the phone.

Mark said he couldn’t concentrate on the movie and he RAN upstairs to bed around 10:30 pm so it sounds to me like Mark had a severe anxiety attack after he arrived home on Sunday evening.

MOO

When you say assualted, do you mean killed? If he just assualted him and pushed him off a cliff, there's no guarantee Dylan died and went into the water? Of course I have no idea of the geography around there.

Also, running upstairs doesn't literally mean he sprinted upstairs. I run to the store but actually take my van rather than jog.

Did Mark say in one of his interviews that the first thing he noticed missing was the fishing pole? Or did he say that it was later on that he noticed that the fishing pole was missing?

Mark Redwine said Sunday that he hadn't been able to find the boy's fishing rod.

"I question why it has taken this long to start scouring the lake because from Day One they have known it is likely he had a fishing pole with him," Redwine, 52, said.

Read more: Search for missing 13-year-old continues in La Plata County - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_22063185#ixzz2NfKuRjer
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

IIRC from one of press releases I will go back look.

Here is a link from the January press release. I believe you posted.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9005886"]Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines* - Page 5 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Sorry about typo's my little boy is sick and laying on me.

1-24-13 was the last press release. Except for the statement on Dr. Phil

Mark Redwine said Sunday that he hadn't been able to find the boy's fishing rod.

"I question why it has taken this long to start scouring the lake because from Day One they have known it is likely he had a fishing pole with him," Redwine, 52, said.

Read more: Search for missing 13-year-old continues in La Plata County - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_22063185#ixzz2NfKuRjer
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Thanks for the quote. It doesn't appear to me that Mark claimed that the fishing pole was missing "right off the bat" from this article. He only states that he hadn't been able to find it.

And that couldn't actually be what happened? I was really surprised to read that the area did have a reasonable number of transient and homeless people - or at least an area near the lake where those people are known to gather. I guess I tend to think of larger cities when I think of homelessness.

I just want to clarify that I don't necessarily think homelessness automatically translates to people being criminals either -different circumstances for different people.

If by transient you mean something different, as in a traveler of sorts passing by, then I also think the scenario of one such person harming Dylan is still a very reasonable possibility. Predators have been known to roam far and wide just looking for opportunities IMO.

No, I doubt that is what happened because I do not believe that Dylan would have decided to go out fishing all alone in a remote area when his friends were waiting for him. He was thrilled to see his friends. he was 13 and very social. He didn't go out that morning to fish all alone. And when MR tried to sell that story, it made me very suspicious of him.

I find the notion of Dylan refusing to get up to go meet his friend, and then going fishing instead, all without contacting anyone, completely absurd. His texts to R made him appear quite eager to see R, and Dylan was only there for a visit, so it would not be the same as blowing off a friend you can see anytime.

Thanks for the quote. It doesn't appear to me that Mark claimed that the fishing pole was missing "right off the bat" from this article. He only states that he hadn't been able to find it.

He questions the police for taking so long to scour the lake for his son's body. That doesn't sound like he was insisting the pole was missing?

I find the notion of Dylan refusing to get up to go meet his friend, and then going fishing instead, all without contacting anyone, completely absurd. His texts to R made him appear quite eager to see R, and Dylan was only there for a visit, so it would not be the same as blowing off a friend you can see anytime.

I think the first two things could have happened. It's the bolded above that makes me go hmmm.

He questions the police for taking so long to scour the lake for his son's body. That doesn't sound like he was insisting the pole was missing?

I still have to wonder how it came about the pole was missing to begin with. Did LE ask him to check for anything missing? Did he have the pole in the house ready and hoping they may do some fishing so it was somehting he noticed right away?

Sheriff statement from dr. Phil

Sheriff's Department Statement

The La Plata County Sheriff's Department has issued the following statement regarding the investigation into Dylan's disappearance:

“The investigation for locating Dylan Redwine is still open, ongoing, and active. We’ve even had investigators from out of state, this week, following up on tips. The frustrating part is that we are not much farther along than where we were early on in the investigation, because of the total lack of clues left behind. It has been a criminal investigation from the first evening Dylan was reported missing. Within the first few days, we were working closely with the FBI and within the first week, we assembled a task force comprised of local, state and federal agencies. This task force is still currently in place and pursuing the investigation. We have not identified anyone as a person of interest or as a suspect during the entire investigation.”

No, I doubt that is what happened because I do not believe that Dylan would have decided to go out fishing all alone in a remote area when his friends were waiting for him. He was thrilled to see his friends. he was 13 and very social. He didn't go out that morning to fish all alone. And when MR tried to sell that story, it made me very suspicious of him.

I agree that it's doubtful that Dylan would have went fishing alone on Monday morning when he wanted to meet up with his friends.

That's why I think that it's a more plausible scenario for him to do something, after he missed his ride with his dad, that he'd done in the past.

That would be to hitchhike his way to his destination.

MOO.

Read more: Search for missing 13-year-old continues in La Plata County - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/recommende...#ixzz2NfKuRjer

BBM

well the BBM seems "right off the bat" to me.....right off the bat - from day one???

IIRC there has been no news that the task force has disassembled. The FBi and CBI along with other members from LE are still investigating.

I'm sure that Mark is positive that the fishing pole is missing from his home.

The question is, when did it become missing?

The MB interview:

So, I stopped by his friend Tristan’s house, down across from the marina up here at the lake, and nobody answered the door. So, I’m thinking, well, I didn’t see his fishing pole, you know, and I thought maybe he had wandered off and went fishing so maybe he was with Tristan at the lake. So, I’m driving by the lake looking for him and Tristan and didn’t see anything…

Read more: Search for missing 13-year-old continues in La Plata County - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/recommende...#ixzz2NfKuRjer

BBM

well the BBM seems "right off the bat" to me.....right off the bat - from day one???
From "day one" seems to imply that Mark noticed that the fishing pole was missing on the first day that Dylan was missing.

That's completely different from "right off the bat" or "the very first thing" in my opinion.

From "day one" seems to imply that Mark noticed that the fishing pole was missing on the first day that Dylan was missing.

That's completely different from "right off the bat" or "the very first thing" in my opinion.

See my post right above yours.

The MB interview:

So, I stopped by his friend Tristan’s house, down across from the marina up here at the lake, and nobody answered the door. So, I’m thinking, well, I didn’t see his fishing pole, you know, and I thought maybe he had wandered off and went fishing so maybe he was with Tristan at the lake. So, I’m driving by the lake looking for him and Tristan and didn’t see anything…

Thank you for that quote. That also doesn't say that the first thing that Mark noticed was missing was the fishing pole.

It only confirms what I've been saying, that being Mark mentioned that the fishing pole was missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldengoose1997