CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGEwCBPy90w"]KUSA - Dylan Redwine - Dad's uncut interview - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiFNFsfXelY"]Uncut: Mark Redwine talks about son's dissapearance - YouTube[/ame]

here's a couple videos with Mark talking about Sunday/Monday.

There are other articles in the media thread

I skipped some pages so this falls at random. I put together a detail of activities and times for the 18th and 19th and indicated the start/stop of the window of time of investigation.

Where a newer source overwrote an older source, I used the newer source. So the LE press release is the final word, then the Dr Phil show, then the MB interviews. There may still be some discrepancies simply because of source variations. If you find anything you feel strongly needs to be added, changed or removed, please let me know. I'll update with any edits.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JPQljvWJq-zbto1GJt_BfJsgZczgdznRBXDg4N4VcLg/edit?usp=sharing

Hope you find this helpful. Should be public to anyone with the link

I've been following this thread from the beginning but haven't posted, and I've only just read the ER transcript posted one page up thread for the first time.

A couple of things struck me: ER says LE confirms that Dylan arrived at MR's house around 8 p.m. that Sunday night. Assuming that is correct, that must mean someone, like a neighbor or passerby, saw them arrive or they were caught on a webcam/video. ER also says no footprints of Dylan were found anywhere around the house and that his shoe sole had a distinctive pattern. I'm sure I remember reading that MR's vehicles were searched.
So if those three things are true, then MR either 1) had nothing to do with Dylan's disappearance 2) had access to a different vehicle that no one knows about and that hasn't been searched 3) did something to Dylan within walking/carrying distance of the house (and I must assume the foot searches have looked just about everywhere around that house). Or was the ground so hard that no footprints were possible anywhere around the house? It just seems as though the possibilities about what happened are pretty limited if what ER says in that interview is correct.

Welcome Carolyn
BBM - I'm wondering why you think that there would be a 3rd vehicle? FBI did take his vehicles, however, they have never released anything from their findings. There is nothing that I'm aware of that indicates that the vehicle searches yielded something or nothing at all. I guess it could be a company vehicle??? IDK. Good point though, a 3rd vehicle.

Welcome Carolyn
BBM - I'm wondering why you think that there would be a 3rd vehicle? FBI did take his vehicles, however, they have never released anything from their findings. There is nothing that I'm aware of that indicates that the vehicle searches yielded something or nothing at all. I guess it could be a company vehicle??? IDK. Good point though, a 3rd vehicle.

Third vehicle? Other person? The " we" from the airport ? Perhaps !

BBM

This is a he says, she says type of issue. MR states that ER and CR refuse to communicate with him. However, CR was seen "communicating" aka hugging his father at a vigil. Odd, for someone who stated on national TV that he hates his father. I do see MR as a victim as well, since Dylan is his child too, and Dylan is missing. Until further evidence is revealed, there is nothing to make me believe that Dylan is a victim OF his father. It's entirely possible that this was a stranger abduction or some kind of accident.

I do think that we have to take into account the timing of both instances... People often do things while still in shock that are out of character. It could also be that CR, like ER both stated, that they didn't want to believe at that time that MR could have been involved.

As for CR's reactions on the national TV show - well, I can understand that after 4 months of not *communicating* with MR that his anger and frustration would be at an all-time high. That CR has done a whole lot of soul-searching, and re-analyzing many things throughout his whole childhood. I see his anger at this point to be extremely righteous - it has been provoked over the last 4 months by MR's unwillingness to communicate any further with him.

I think it's horrid that some (not just speaking about people at WS in referencing the following) are judging CR's behavior because he really is still a child in many ways in relation to this case - the age of 18 notwithstanding because a person's mind doesn't really stop maturing until they are about 24yo, and some take even longer due to past experiences in their lives.

As for DR not being a victim of MR - even if he was not missing right now, he would still be a victim of things MR has done in the past. He would still be struggling with some pretty heavy issues right now as a result of actions MR took himself, and is completely responsible for on his own.

To say that CR is not a victim of this man's behavior as well, is offensive to me - personally. A child does not harbor that kind of animosity towards a parent without some very serious things behind it. I know this, because I have felt this way in the past. I was also asked why I would stay in any contact at all with my father when he abused me, but I was still struggling with letting go as my Mom and my young sister were still in his grasp.

I can't judge CR at all for his behavior, as I completely understand that kind of pain and rage - even if his little brother wasn't missing. Add in that he is missing, and that MR's behavior is more than a little strange, and knowing what CR knows about MR's typical behavior even more than we do, I totally understand why he is so angry. All he wants is for his father to tell whatever truth there is, and stop being so evasive about everything.

I'll stop here because I could go on and on defending CR's behaviors and emotions, as I can personally identify with many of them. The thought that CR is somehow in the wrong for expressing his anger and rage is beyond my comprehension though.*

* Even though I do understand how others could see it quite differently. Much of my reaction is based upon my personal experiences, and I always try to keep that in mind...

As always, all of the above is MOO! :cow:

BBM

Do we know for a fact that Dylan took the missing fishing pole? Maybe he didn't go fishing but was trying to meet up with his friends and he took all of his stuff for that reason. MOO.

Sorry if this has been answered by someone else, but there hasn't been any definitive answer by LE about this. Again, this is a he said/she said kind of thing. MR states the fishing pole was there, CR states that it was missing.

Sorry if this has been answered by someone else, but there hasn't been any definitive answer by LE about this. Again, this is a he said/she said kind of thing. MR states the fishing pole was there, CR states that it was missing.

What? No, CR didn't state that it was missing. MR has stated that it is missing, many times!

Honestly I do not know that LE has said one word about the fishing pole ever. Does anyone remember? My memory is telling me all fishing pole talk comes from MR except on the phil show when CR mentioned it in the exchange with MR.

Everyone - I am going back through posts right now. If you have been snarky or sarcastic to others, I suggest you clean up your post before I get there.

Also - let's drop the talk about "making excuses." That is just an underhanded way of saying someone's opinion doesn't count.

And stop making blanket statements regarding how everyone else is looking at this case. You may say how YOU are looking at the case -- that's it. Don't talk about others and how they see things.

Salem

I do think that we have to take into account the timing of both instances... People often do things while still in shock that are out of character. It could also be that CR, like ER both stated, that they didn't want to believe at that time that MR could have been involved.

As for CR's reactions on the national TV show - well, I can understand that after 4 months of not *communicating* with MR that his anger and frustration would be at an all-time high. That CR has done a whole lot of soul-searching, and re-analyzing many things throughout his whole childhood. I see his anger at this point to be extremely righteous - it has been provoked over the last 4 months by MR's unwillingness to communicate any further with him.

I think it's horrid that some are judging CR's behavior because he really is still a child in many ways in relation to this case - the age of 18 notwithstanding because a person's mind doesn't really stop maturing until they are about 24yo, and some take even longer due to past experiences in their lives.

As for DR not being a victim of MR - even if he was not missing right now, he would still be a victim of things MR has done in the past. He would still be struggling with some pretty heavy issues right now as a result of actions MR took himself, and is completely responsible for on his own.

To say that CR is not a victim of this man's behavior as well, is offensive to me. A child does not harbor that kind of animosity towards a parent without some very serious things behind it. I know this, because I have felt this way in the past. I was also asked why I would stay in any contact at all with my father when he abused me, but I was still struggling with letting go as my Mom and my young sister were still in his grasp.

I can't judge CR at all for his behavior, as I completely understand that kind of pain and rage - even if his little brother wasn't missing. Add in that he is missing, and that MR's behavior is more than a little strange, and knowing what CR knows about MR's typical behavior even more than we do, I totally understand why he is so angry. All he wants is for his father to tell whatever truth there is, and stop being so evasive about everything.

I'll stop here because I could go on and on defending CR's behaviors and emotions, as I can personally identify with many of them. The thought that CR is somehow in the wrong for expressing his anger and rage is beyond my comprehension though.

:tyou: I really appreciate you sharing your experience at Websleuths. I have also had this experience myself. CR should be given the benefit of the doubt, at the very least. IMO it's fine to sleuth away about alternative theories. I don't think Cr is wrong to be angry.

I think that the dispute between Mark and Cory in regards to the fishing pole is where it was last located when Mark noticed it was missing.

Cory said it was in the garage and Mark said it was in the house. I don't know how Cory could say for sure where is was at when he didn't live there.

As for Mark's claim, I think that he could be mistaken where it was before he noticed it was gone. MOO.

That is incorrect regarding what MR stated, and what CR stated in regard to the fishing pole.

MR stated that it was "always by the door, or by the TV"

CR stated that it was "always in the garage", and how did MR notice that it was gone before he noticed anything about his bike or footprints.

MR is the one who stated the fishing pole was "gone", MR is the one who insists that DR must have taken it with him. MR is the one that continues to point out that the pole was "never found".

CR never stated that there was any fishing pole missing or taken. That was all MR, and CR has only questioned why this has such a big meaning in MR's portrayal of events.

I don't understand how CR's comments have anything to do with this, or how people* could think that CR was the one who said the fishing pole was missing in the first place... :confused:

* people in general... if there is an explanation, or perhaps a link to where CR was actually the one who suggested that the fishing pole was gone before MR mentioned it, then I could understand it. I am looking more for an explanation than trying to be mean...

I fully admit that I am a bit biased when it comes to CR's actions, and not judging him for his anger, as I remember my own feelings when I was his age that were directed towards my father... I think he's been remarkably restrained - especially being a male (not intending to be sexist - just that I think it would be harder to control one's physical response when it is man vs. man and in my situation it was a short girl like me against a father twice+ my size).
I don't however, think that my bias has clouded my judgement as to who said what...

We have been discussing the relative infrequency of MR's media appearances, lack of participation in searches (1 search) and apparent lack of participation in fundraising efforts (none known at this time). What has always bothered me is what appears to be a lack of urgency on MR's part. Below are various statements made by MR about when he first grew concerned about Dylan's absence. Besides these statements, there is MR asking LE to be on the lookout for Dylan and tell him to come on home. There are also saying "all hell broke loose" and "she's making more of this than it has to be" about when he notified ER by text that Dylan was missing. There are also his comments that he was willing to let the investigation take it's course. And finally, there is what the mail carrier attributed to MR, that Dylan hadn't come home the night before, which strikes me as an odd and sort of casual way of putting it. All MOO

The following are attributed to or are quotes from MR:

12-02-2012
http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/ci_22110078/dad-its-wait-wonder

Mark said he tried texting Dylan all afternoon in an area with spotty cellphone service. When he didn't hear anything back by late afternoon, he went to Dylan's friend's house in Vallecito. That friend hadn't seen him.

Mark became alarmed and drove the 20 miles to Bayfield. Dylan's friends there hadn't seen him either. Mark called Elaine Redwine and went to the Bayfield Marshal's Office.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MB uncut interview:

When did you know something was wrong?

Mark Redwine:
Well, when I got home and he wasn’t here I didn’t think much of it at the time, because it’s not unlike him to go wandering off. He’ll walk down to the river across the street or you know he might go up into the campground where he can be next to the river up there. I didn’t think a whole lot of it.

And, I had laid down and took a nap, which is something I try to do as much as I can when I’m not working because we always work, you know, 14-hour days. It feels good to be home.

And, it was probably 2:30 by the time I realized that Dylan still is not home and so I’m thinkin’ well, if he ain’t gonna’ return my text messages and I ain’t hearing my phone ringing ‘cos he ain’t calling me, I
need to go find that boy.

So, I stopped by his friend Tristan’s house, down across from the marina up here at the lake, and nobody answered the door. So, I’m thinking, well, I didn’t see his fishing pole, you know, and I thought maybe he had wandered off and went fishing so maybe he was with Tristan at the lake. So, I’m driving by the lake looking for him and Tristan and didn't see anything…

So, I stopped by his friend Tristan’s house, down across from the marina up here at the lake, and nobody answered the door. So, I’m thinking, well, I didn’t see his fishing pole, you know, and I thought maybe he had wandered off and went fishing so maybe he was with Tristan at the lake. So, I’m driving by the lake looking for him and Tristan and didn’t see anything…

As I was going down to Bayfield to check with Ryan, who I found at his friend Fernando’s house, and as soon as I went to Fernan…’cos I don’t know where all of them live –- but I knew a couple of ‘em live -- enough to get pointed in the right direction. First place I went, Boom… there’s Ryan and Fernando, and first words out of their mouth, “We haven’t heard from Dylan all day.”
That's when it hit me that something wasn’t right, and I immediately went to the Marshall’s office in Bayfield.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dr. Phil day 1

Dr. Phil:
And so you get back at 11:30 and he’s gone?

MR:
Right.

Dr. Phil:
Umm… and so you just laid down to take a nap

MR:
Well, no… that… when I got back at 11:30, I didn’t think much of Dylan not being there. I mean, he knows the area, he’s been up to my house MANY times, there’s a campground at the end of the road that’s not right by the river which he tends to go up to every now and then. There’s a bridge right down the street where it crosses over the river which he’s been known to hang out before. There’s a rock wall that’s right directly behind my house that he’s been known to go stompin’ around in the woods back there. I mean.. it didn’t… I didn’t find it… odd.. that he wasn’t sittin’ there waitin’ for me.

ER:
In November?? Mid November??

MR:
And you sent him…you sent him without a coat???

ER:
Why is it always my fault? Why can’t you take any of the responsibility?

Dr. Phil:
At 1:30 you wake up, he’s still not there?

MR:
Right.

Dr. Phil:
Did something go off in your head then?

MR:
Absolutely. This is when I’m calling him on his cell phone. I’m sending him text messages. I’m trying to communicate to him… you know… at some point… I start realizing that… you know this is not like Dylan.

Honestly I do not know that LE has said one word about the fishing pole ever. Does anyone remember? My memory is telling me all fishing pole talk comes from MR except on the phil show when CR mentioned it in the exchange with MR.

The only thing LE has said was the owner of a broken pole was found and has nothing to do with the case.

Snipped for space saving
And, it was probably 2:30 by the time I realized that Dylan still is not home and so I’m thinkin’ well, if he ain’t gonna’ return my text messages and I ain’t hearing my phone ringing ‘cos he ain’t calling me, I
need to go find that boy.

Dr. Phil:
At 1:30 you wake up, he’s still not there?

MR:
Right.

Dr. Phil:
Did something go off in your head then?

MR:
Absolutely. This is when I’m calling him on his cell phone. I’m sending him text messages. I’m trying to communicate to him… you know… at some point… I start realizing that… you know this is not like Dylan.[/quote]

1:30, 2:30...... what's the difference. I ask everyone because I truly do not know the answer... is that a BIG deal to be off by one hour or not ? I lean towards maybe it's not that big a deal myself. I mean every hour is precious when your child is missing. I'm not suggesting that . I'm asking if MR having a 2:30 wakeup time from nap, vs a 1:30 wakeup time from nap in a later statement is that big a deal or not? Some people speak in exacts and other do not. Could it be it was more like 1:15 or 1:45 and he just is one who rounds off every time to top or bottom of hour ?

Maybe Mark's memory is correct and it was there in the house and Dylan took it with him on Monday morning.

Or maybe he decided to say it was in the house after Cory said it was in the garage and why would he notice it was gone.

I'm not sure were or when this fishing pole disappeared. MOO.

My problem with the fishing pole is this: How would Cory even know where the fishing pole was at Mark's house? I mean, Cory might have seen it in the garage the last time he was there, but it could have been moved since then, into the house. This is another one of those things where you have to take someone's word for it.

Not excuses, opinions. FWIW

If we are analyzing the post event (Dylan missing) behavior of one of Dylan's family, why not all? Everyone's behavior can be examined without disparaging them. And to do so does not negate feelings of empathy or sympathy for the pain they may be feeling. It seems to me, that it's okay to look at only one person's post event behavior with an eye for clues, when in my opinion, more people close to Dylan need looked at as well. Either we look at all post behavior or none or I find another place to explore that part of my curiosity in this case.

The only thing I remember LE has mentioned about the fishing pole was in reference to the broken fishing pole that was found near the dam, and that they had examined it, and were able to locate the owner of said fishing pole, and had ruled it out as having any connection with DR's disappearance.

I'm sure they have mentioned that MR told them a fishing pole was missing, but I don't think there would be any way at all for LE to prove that one way, or another...

Not excuses, opinions. FWIW

I used he word "excuses". I was referring to myself making excuses. I apologize if it offended anyone. Yes, I believe that everyone's opinion is valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach K