CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One huge piece of information that LE has that we do not is what additional conversations (text or phone or whatever) Dylan may have been having with other people that have not come forward publicly. We don't get to know if he texted anyone between that 8:01 text and the 9:37, who or what he said. That's such a big hole in our data. But apparently not enough to make an arrest of anyone.

:(

True. And if Dylan was using his cell phone between 8:01 - 9:37 LE is not telling us. Elaine however stated early on that the 8:01 conversation with R was the last the cell phone was used. She has access to the provider records since she is the owner of the phone so I tend to believe this.

And that is another reason I think MR has wireless internet capabilities. Lady friends that come to visit for a week or two would not be happy if he didn't! :moo::moo::moo:

OT - I Love your new avatar Tennlyn!

Not at all. I am asking what would anyone do if the bases all seemed covered. There are many things he can do that are not exactly worthy of being publicized, for example handing out fliers, or hanging them on shop windows when he is on the road. He could sell personal items and donate them to the anonymous fund, if indeed his efforts are being turned down when it's known they are coming from him.

MR has said he has handed out fliers to fellow truck drivers, and he probably has asked different truck stops to post them as well (logical speculation on my part). We don't know what/if he has donated. He is a truck driver and can't just tell his boss he needs a day off next week to attend a fund-raiser. I have a friend that is a OTR and he gets home one day every three weeks. Although not impossible, it would be difficult for MR to plan/organize/run a fund-raiser with his schedule. Just saying....

I keep seeing comments about MR doing "nothing." Could it possibly be we don't know everything he is doing? We don't know what LE has told him to do/not to do. Maybe LE has told him not to sell any of his possessions because they might be considered evidence one day. IMO if LE felt something might be considered evidence one day, they would have taken it when they served the SW, they would not leave it behind in the hopes that it was still there later - also LE has NO AUTHORITY to tell a person that they can or can not sell their own possessions

I have read he hired a private investigator. No, the PI offered his services for free of charge, also the PI did not appear on the DP show and MR stated on the DP show that he (the PI) had not returned his calls for days, IMO you get what you pay for He went on the Dr. Phil show. He took a polygraph test. He took and failed/inconclusive a polyHe helped in bringing in the dogs. Dog handlers offered their services MR & ER both acceptedYet he is still accused of doing "nothing." If I was in his shoes, I would be suffering the worst case of depression ever!!! I would not want to leave my house or talk to anyone on the telephone. And he said on Dr. Phil that someone from ER and CR's side called him and told him they didn't want him involved. Please show a link because that was NOT what was said in DP, MR said that a woman offered to do a raffle, if someone contacted MR to offer their services, it is up to MR to accept or decline, again ER is NOT responsible for handling all the fund raising or dinners, Dylan is THEIR child and THEY BOTH can conduct a fund raiser when, where and if they choose, neither needs to get the blessing of the other IMO Seeing the way they treated MR on the show, I believe what MR said. ER and CR attacking MR is not putting the focus on Dylan, where I think it should be. IMO the way that ER spoke to, yelled at, accused, or however anyone wants to paint it, was absolutely justified. SHE has not gotten answers from MR, MR has blocked her calls, blocked her text, refused to answer her questions - she does not IMO need to say please and thank you kind sir to the very person she believes has information to the disappearance of her child. That includes if the person she thinks disappeared him or has knowledge of happens to be MRPerhaps MR thinks the same way. Perhaps he thinks his being there will just cause a scene and draw attention away from Dylan.

Personally, I would not have gone on the Dr. Phil show. This, in my opinion, was a "darned if you do and darned if you don't" situation for him, and I definitely would not have taken a polygragh! ER is hostile, argumentative, and blames only MR for the disappearance of her son. ER knows MR better than anyone else, if ER blames MR, she perhaps has a valid reason, if MR is hostile to MR, perhaps she has a good reason, if ER is argumentative with MR perhaps she has a good reason, IMOThey had a hostile divorce (and still do). I too went through that with my ex. I would never go on national tv with him, no matter what the circumstances. Even if you felt that your ex had knowledge of or responsibility in the disappearance of your child?

I think we should all remember that Dr. Phil produces a "show" for ratings, and the more sensational the better. I was hoping that we would learn what has been done to find Dylan, whether or not the police have any evidence, and how many leads have they had and followed through to completion, what areas/roads have been searched, etc. Instead, all I saw was a witch hunt. I was very disappointed.

I sure hope LE is not as frustrated with this case as we all are!
I'm sure LE is frustrated and I'm sure that LE is deeply impacted by this case, IMO
My responses in Red, agian, IMO

MR has said he has handed out fliers to fellow truck drivers, and he probably has asked different truck stops to post them as well (logical speculation on my part). We don't know what/if he has donated. He is a truck driver and can't just tell his boss he needs a day off next week to attend a fund-raiser. I have a friend that is a OTR and he gets home one day every three weeks. Although not impossible, it would be difficult for MR to plan/organize/run a fund-raiser with his schedule. Just saying....

ER has a job as well as MR. IMO, when your child is missing, you do those "difficult" things like plan/organize/run a fund raiser regardless of your schedule. IMO I find it interesting that MR is offered reasons for NOT doing anything all the while ER has the exact same circumstances as MR. If MR wants to do a fund raiser, he can, he's had 4 mths to plan it and I'm sure that within that amount of time he had a day or two off. IMO and please know that you/your are general not specific.

ER has a job as well as MR. IMO, when your child is missing, you do those "difficult" things like plan/organize/run a fund raiser regardless of your schedule. IMO I find it interesting that MR is offered reasons for NOT doing anything all the while ER has the exact same circumstances as MR. If MR wants to do a fund raiser, he can, he's had 4 mths to plan it and I'm sure that within that amount of time he had a day or two off. IMO and please know that you/your are general not specific.

Not to mention that ER does not even live in that city and has to travel 5.5-6 hours one way to get there by vehicle!

IMO Elaine's pain is palpable. I can feel her fighting back pain and tears with every breath and every word. I am amazed by her strength and courage and I'm sure she is getting it from Dylan. What an amazing Mother IMO.

I realize that not everyone is able to feel empathy towards others, but I feel it and it is real. God bless you Elaine!

ALL of Dylan's immediate family have been scrutinized since Dylan's disappearance. ER, CR, MR and even MH. Here at WS, Social Media, Dr. Phil, MSM, etc...ALL of the family is under extreme stress. In my opinion, the difference is some family members are working through the stress and still searching for Dylan at the same time. Allowing the stress to take over to where you shut down is not helping Dylan at all.

azgrandma--

I am so sorry if I misquoted something. I am not sure how to find the transcript of what was said on the Dr. Phil show, but I recall from my memory (for what that's worth!) MR getting really upset with CR and telling him that he was told not to participate. If someone can give me a link I will see if I can find the exact conversation.

It is obvious to me that you think MR did something to Dylan. I am just trying to keep an open mind and consider all of the evidence, as we know it, with the understanding that we do not know all of the evidence LE has. Focusing only on MR, to me, does not help find Dylan. To me, and I'm obviously no authority, it would be like telling the LE they can only look for Dylan in Vallecito and not in Durango, Bayfield, or anywhere else. "Only look here!" I agree that some evidence points to MR, but I do not agree that all evidence points to him. I am not saying that ER's behavior against MR is not warranted, but I am saying that I personally would refuse to deal with someone that was that hateful. That's all. Again, my sincerest apologies.

He hired a private investigator that turned out not to be credible and would not even appear on Dr Phil. I will leave it at that and perhaps that was through no fault of MR's.

He took a poly and failed (or it was inconclusive) and will not take another one. He claimed that the examiner was not qualified and LE quickly made a statement saying that was not true.

He put on a huge fiasco regarding the polygraph on Dr Phil and I think that's where a lot of people got to see a different side of him. If he didn't want to take it he should have just said so.

IF he was doing things to get Dylan's name and face out to the public the public would know about it.

He did not seek out K9 forensics. She offered to help the family.

He has a past history of abuse and some very deviant behaviors.

Some of his stories have changed. He talks in circles and does not answer questions with a direct answer most of the time so it's hard to know what he's even talking about.

The list goes on and on...

To me the most disturbing thing is I see no urgency in finding his son. None in his actions or his words. Just MOO but I don't see it and I don't feel it.

Agree, and his actions tell me, that he knows his son is not returning. Who cuts off contact with other family members while a loved one is lost?? All his actions are suspect IMO.

azgrandma--

I went to the following link:

http://drphil.com/shows/show/1990/

and clicked on the film insert that shows CR. If you go to :48 seconds into it, MR says: "...fund raiser, somebody from this side of the room called her and told her that they didn't want her to have any involvement in anything to do with raising money and didn't want me in any of that."

This is what I was referencing in my text. You say it is "NOT" what was said. Did I miss something?

I don't think so, the router is just to connect the two computers like in a network, it's not wi-fi, or at least that's what the tech that installed it told us.

I am really confused about this, too. I have a router. I can hook up 3 computers to it. But then I have a separate guest password for up to 10 users to be able to connect online.

So, a router is wifi, right?

In the original MR-killed-Dylan-in-a-rage theories, the death happened along the road on the drive home, probably near the lake. I think many people suggested an exchange of words in the car, followed by Dylan somehow getting out of the car, a fatal blow from MR, MR gets rid of Dylan at the lake or some other concealed spot nearby.

Now that LE has confirmed that Dylan made it to the house, in the MR-in-a-rage theory where is the crime scene? In the house? Does the theory involve them leaving again?

Even before LE said [apparently] that Dylan made it home Sunday night, I have always had a possible scenario for that circumstance. I have always wondered if Dylan made it to the house, and then Mark started drinking, and things went downhill from there.

And I admitted to the fact that when my son was about 14, he and my DS had a few angry tussles. We had found out that a 16 yr old neighbor girl was hanging out here when we werent home and then one night we found he had snuck her in his bedroom window. My DH told her to go home and he and my DS got into an argument. We argued about this girl for months, in fact. [ Eventually DS thanked us because his friend ended up being a dad at 15 after he started hanging out with her instead.]

Anyhow, this memory is what I base my possible scenario on. When my DG and DS would argue at home at night, the first thing my DS ALWAYS said was " I'm outta here-Peace Out." And of course my DH would say "you're not going anywhere, it's midnight" and DS would answer brattily " Try and stop me."

So I think about MR and DR in that exact situation. Maybe MR is a little drunk and he is angry. Maybe D wants his cell back and he tries to get it back and they argue or tussle. Or myabe D says I am outta here, and he stomps out with all his stuff--planning to go to T's house. mark might have followed, and been just as angry.

Or may be D left and got a big headstart. By the time Mark followed he had to use the truck to find him. And he finally found him quite a ways down the road. Maybe they argued a mile or two away from home. If mark got one solid punch in it would be all over for Dylan, imo.

Snipped and Bolded by me
azgrandma--
It is obvious to me that you think MR did something to Dylan. I am just trying to keep an open mind and consider all of the evidence, as we know it, with the understanding that we do not know all of the evidence LE has. Focusing only on MR, to me, does not help find Dylan. To me, and I'm obviously no authority, it would be like telling the LE they can only look for Dylan in Vallecito and not in Durango, Bayfield, or anywhere else. "Only look here!" I agree that some evidence points to MR, but I do not agree that all evidence points to him. I am not saying that ER's behavior against MR is not warranted, but I am saying that I personally would refuse to deal with someone that was that hateful. That's all. Again, my sincerest apologies.
We don't know that focusing on Mark doesn't help Dylan until it's all said and done and Dylan is found.
As for ER being "that hateful". Wow. Her child is missing. He was made to go visit his father and she made sure she put him the plane. MR is not helping, he's taken a lie detector test to only have failed it or have it be inconclusive. He blamed the polygrapher. He was offered one by Dr. Phil by one of the best and yet he refused. I would think any real concerned parent would have taken that test and tried to clear their name. So much more but you want to say ER is "that hateful". Unbelievable. What do you want her to do, kiss his butt? DR was last with MR, and yet when he's missing he sends her a text? Seriously? What a pompous jerk.
I can't stand my ex. Been divorced many, many years but just being around him, breathing the same air makes me ill. I know if this had happened with my child though I would have called him. Not text. Call. Texting in this situation is a cold way to go about finding out about DR unless MR already knows where he is.
I've wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I've wanted to believe that MR wouldn't and couldn't hurt his own child. I can't get there but each to their own.

MOO

If there's a cable (ethernet or USB) going to each computer, it's not a wireless router. You can get wireless routers for any kind of internet connection (cable, dsl, satellite), but then you also need wireless cards or adapters for each computer too.

Unless they are already built in to the device, like smartphones, laptops, even other computers, right? I haven't used any kind of adapter (except the main computer that is connected to the router) for my router since we bought our new one - everyone connects without one.

So, then MR said the fishing pole has still not been found. Do you think Dylan took it and all his stuff and tried to go fishing? He must not have been abducted in the house with his stuff and fishing pole. Maybe he tried to hitch? He must have gotten into a vehicle willingly, or else the pole would be laying on the street. Or do you think he walked all the way to the lake and fell in? I guess, if we believe that MR is right and the fishing pole was in the house and then it was gone after Dylan was gone--it must have gone with Dylan? So, in that case it's most likely hitchiking or accident? I have my own theory, obviously, but I would like to hear what other people are thinking.

Does anyone here know the condition of the river across from Dylan's house at the time of his disappearance? It would have been very easy for Dylan to walk across the street to do some fishing, and MR says he has done that in the past. Could he have gone fishing in the river across the street and fallen in? Was the river level high at that time? Are there large boulders/rock in the river that a body could get hung up? Have they searched the river from MR's house down to the lake? Just a thought...

From the Dr. Phil show -

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8952177&postcount=97"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines*[/ame]

CR:
He hasn’t been to any of the benefits. He wasn’t there for Dylan’s birthday vigil. He hasn’t helped at all with the Find Missing Dylan Redwine Fund.

Dr. Phil:
That’s offensive to you.

CR:
Very… Very…

MR:
Dr. Phil, I’d like to make a comment about the fundraiser thing. I have several people in the community in which I live that are reaching out to me on a daily basis and volunteering their time to have some involvement with a fundraiser, but somebody from this side of the room called her and told her that they didn’t want her to have any involvement in anything that had anything to do with raising money and didn’t want me involved in any of that.

ER:
You’re wrong, and you know you’re wrong. If you want to raise money for Dylan’s fund and for the reward, then do it. Why does it have to be everybody else’s responsibility?

MR:
It’s not everybody else’s responsibility.

CR:
Interrupts MR… as long as we got to set it up…Why can’t you go and do something on your own? Why do you gotta’ have us… our approval?

Snipped and Bolded by me

We don't know that focusing on Mark doesn't help Dylan until it's all said and done and Dylan is found.
As for ER being "that hateful". Wow. Her child is missing. He was made to go visit his father and she made sure she put him the plane. MR is not helping, he's taken a lie detector test to only have failed it or have it be inconclusive. He blamed the polygrapher. He was offered one by Dr. Phil by one of the best and yet he refused. I would think any real concerned parent would have taken that test and tried to clear their name. So much more but you want to say ER is "that hateful". Unbelievable. What do you want her to do, kiss his butt? DR was last with MR, and yet when he's missing he sends her a text? Seriously? What a pompous jerk.
I can't stand my ex. Been divorced many, many years but just being around him, breathing the same air makes me ill. I know if this had happened with my child though I would have called him. Not text. Call. Texting in this situation is a cold way to go about finding out about DR unless MR already knows where he is.
I've wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I've wanted to believe that MR wouldn't and couldn't hurt his own child. I can't get there but each to their own.

MOO

All I can say is, "My sincerest apologies." I was only stating my personal opinion.

All I can say is, "My sincerest apologies." I was only stating my personal opinion.

The good thing about WS is each person has a right to their opinion so no need to apologize. We just have differing views and that's fine.

I have an ex that has taken my child at one point, it was scary for me and scary for my child. Like azgrandma stated earlier though, it really was a different thing in the 80's even if one had sole custody.

MOO

ETA I watch MR and can't help thinking he's a ticking time bomb just waiting to explode.

I had to stop visiting this site for a while because the worrying and stress of poor little Dylan was eating at me day and night and was just becoming too much for me.

I think it is time for another break, as I don't seem to be able to state my opinions in a very good way.

I apologize very, very sincerely if I have offended anyone here.

I had to stop visiting this site for a while because the worrying and stress of poor little Dylan was eating at me day and night and was just becoming too much for me.

I think it is time for another break, as I don't seem to be able to state my opinions in a very good way.

I apologize very, very sincerely if I have offended anyone here.

You have not offended anyone. We ALL want the same things. We all want Dylan home safe and sound and we all want justice for Dylan. No need to apologize for anything you posted at all. You made good points and expressed them well. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member