CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh good heavens! :floorlaugh: Elaine would be expected to tell LE EVERYTHING about Dylan, his life, his norms, habits, likes, dislikes, etc. as well as EVERYTHING that was going on in their life! That is how an interview is conducted! If she wasn't forthcoming with this info, it would have raised even more suspicions!

Well I would assume that BOTH MR AND ER told LE it was a court ordered visitation wouldn't they?

Are you asking who told LE first? Well if you believe MR's story and he was at the Marshall's when he contacted ER then I would assume he would have told them first. I mean, I don't think it was a big secret that D was on a court ordered visitation with his Father. If MR didn't offer that information up front I would think LE would have asked him questions such as who lives in the home, where is the Mother, who has primary custody etc etc. Wouldn't they?

http://www.docsmarina.com/
March 21, 2013

Doc’s Marina is starting to gear up for the summer folks. We got a call the other day from Pine River Ranch and the ice is melted off their pond. From previous seasons that means about two more weeks until Vallecito is clear, and you fisherman know what that means! Off ice fishing is an excellent time of year to get out on the lake so start making reservations for our fishing boats and come down to see us! It is also time to start signing up for season buoys people, that’s right any day now it will be time to unwrap the boat from their winter dressings and bring it on down to the marina. Remember to keep an eye out for locals days as well. We are all excited to see our old friends and meet some new people this year.

Vallecito Res. is clearing NOW as I type. It will be totally clear of ice really soon.

Webcam should be up and running in about 5 or 6 more days.
http://www.docsmarina.com/ Click WEBCAM

Night folks.

Thanks for the update in re: to the marina. When you come back tomorrow (if you come back tomorrow), it really would be nice to understand where you were coming from in bringing up the court-ordered visit stuff in response to someone else referring to ER expressing her concerns to the media, vs. expressing them to LE.

I even fixed my typo and re-wrote my comment so it would be nice and easy to understand and everything...

Oh good heavens! :floorlaugh: Elaine would be expected to tell LE EVERYTHING about Dylan, his life, his norms, habits, likes, dislikes, etc. as well as EVERYTHING that was going on in their life! That is how an interview is conducted! If she wasn't forthcoming with this info, it would have raised even more suspicions!

<modsnip> I wondered if ER mentioned to LE early on her suspcions of MR. I realize she would tell all about Dylan, that's common sense and this IS about Dylan. I'm well aware of how an interivew is conducted. With LE saying he was a runaway for several days, it made me wonder what was told to LE early on.

Well I would assume that BOTH MR AND ER told LE it was a court ordered visitation wouldn't they?

Are you asking who told LE first? Well if you believe MR's story and he was at the Marshall's when he contacted ER then I would assume he would have told them first. I mean, I don't think it was a big secret that D was on a court ordered visitation with his Father. If MR didn't offer that information up front I would think LE would have asked him questions such as who lives in the home, where is the Mother, who has primary custody etc etc. Wouldn't they?

BBM
According to this report, MR did not go to the marshall's office, but only called.

The timing of reports to police of Dylan’s disappearance also has been clarified. Mark Redwine, Dylan’s father, called the Bayfield Marshal’s Office during the afternoon of Nov. 19 to ask if anyone in the office had seen Dylan, but he did not officially report his son missing. That happened after Mark Redwine contacted Dylan’s mother, Elaine Redwine, to see if she had heard anything. Elaine Redwine reported her son missing to the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office at 5:30 p.m. that day.

http://www.durangoherald.com/articl.../0/news/Some-leads-eliminated-in-Redwine-case

I would have hoped that Mark told LE that Dylan was there on a court-ordered visitation but he told the story as if he wanted someone to hit Dylan up side the head and tell him to call his dad or somebody and something about a wellness check....or to kinda' be on the lookout for him. JMO from what I recall

So, it seems Elaine probably did tell LE (when she officially reported him missing) about the visit being court-ordered.

I hope she told LE about her fear of Mark possibly harming Mark immediately (I know I would have especially with the abusive history). Heck, LE probably asked her if she felt Mark could have harmed Dylan. I mean they did have the dogs out immediately that evening.

ETA: (thanks, TxJan)

Melissa Blasius:
Do you remember what you told them?

Mark Redwine:
Well, I told them that I hadn&#8217;t heard from Dylan all day and I didn&#8217;t think much of it and when I got down to the Marshall&#8217;s Office or to his friend Ryan&#8217;s house or Fernando&#8230;anyway... when I ran across his friends and they hadn&#8217;t heard from him &#8211; then that&#8217;s when I went over to the Marshall&#8217;s Office and told them that, you know, we need to find him, make contact with him. They were going to put out like a wellness check or they just notify the local authorities to keep an eye out for him and make contact with him so somebody can &#8220;bang him in the head&#8221; and say, &#8220;Hey, your dad&#8217;s trying to get a hold of you. Your friends are trying to get a hold of you. You need to communicate to somebody. But at that moment in time&#8230;, I felt the need to address this issue with mom, so I immediately asked her had she heard from him and indicated to her that I hadn&#8217;t heard from him all day and that I was at the Marshall&#8217;s office taking care of this, and that&#8217;s when pretty much all hell broke loose with her.
Melissa Blasius Interview

MR probably told LE it was a court ordered visit. I'm sure they asked him if Dylan lived with him full time.

Not sure he'd say it was court ordered specifically. Maybe it was visitation, but who says court ordered when they're spending time with their kid from a broken marriage?

Well like I said, the fact that Dylan was on court ordered visitation with his Dad I don't think was a big secret and I'm sure both ER and MR told LE that. Why wouldn't they? And if they didn't LE would have asked. I don't get the point of the question so I don't even know why I'm discussing it. LOL

I would have hoped that Mark told LE that Dylan was there on a court-ordered visitation but he told the story as if he wanted someone to hit Dylan up side the head and tell him to call his dad or somebody and something about a wellness check....or to kinda' be on the lookout for him. JMO from what I recall

So, it seems Elaine probably did tell LE (when she officially reported him missing) about the visit being court-ordered.

I hope she told LE about her fear of Mark possibly harming Mark immediately (I know I would have especially with the abusive history). Heck, LE probably asked her if she felt Mark could have harmed Dylan. I mean they did have the dogs out immediately that evening.

Oh good heavens, :floorlaugh: the hitting up side the head is a figure of speech. Bad choice of words, obviously. If ER told LE early on, then I'm wondering why they thought he was a run away for so long.

I dunno, but I would hazard a guess, that in possible missing child cases, that LE inquiring re custody issues and the like, would be S.O.P.

Not sure he'd say it was court ordered specifically. Maybe it was visitation, but who says court ordered when they're spending time with their kid from a broken marriage?

Well perhaps MR said Dylan was here on visitation and LE asked if it was court ordered. Why would you assume ER specifically said that? What difference does it make? She was trying to make MR look bad by saying that? I don't get it??

I dunno, but I would hazard a guess, that in possible missing child cases, that LE inquiring re custody issues and the like, would be S.O.P.

I would think one of the first things LE would do is ask BOTH of them specifics about the visitation.

Oh good heavens, :floorlaugh: the hitting up side the head is a figure of speech. Bad choice of words, obviously. If ER told LE early on, then I'm wondering why they thought he was a run away for so long.

Perhaps they really didn't think he was a runaway....they just presented the runaway theory publicly for awhile in order to watch and/or investigate certain person/people???

It was posted by TxJan a couple of pages ago that LE said they were looking at a criminal aspect from day 2....

You know LE, they don't always tell us everything.....:seeya:

BBM: They didn't. Per TXJan's posts, they were looking at other possibilities from the second day.

OK, I'm not going to quote anyone's specific comments on any of this so that I can wrap my head around what the exact question is here.

mijamawi - If I'm understanding you correctly, you asked a question in regard to wondering when ER first expressed her concerns about MR to LE.

A poster responded by stating that the first time she mentioned concerns about MR publicly having something to do with DR's disappearance was on 11/26 in the interview with ABC. That poster stated that even with ER mentioning it publicly on the 26th she may have expressed those concerns to LE prior to that date.

Another poster (Ransom) then made a comment in regard to it being a court-ordered visitation and that ER had to have told LE that it was a court-ordered visitation.

I then asked what the fact that it was a court-ordered visitation had to do with whether or not ER had expressed her concerns about MR's possible involvement to the LE before the interview on 11/26.

Now, it seems we (in general) are arguing about who told LE that Dylan was on a court-ordered visitation, and the original question about ER expressing her concerns about MR's involvement seems to have been lost in all of it.

That's how I see all that has happened up to this point. I still must be missing something though because I still don't understand how discussion of whether or not ER expressed concern has anything to do with who told LE that Dylan was on a court-ordered visit, as that question would have been immediately asked about by LE themselves - whether the information was offered as an explanation of why ER was calling from CO Springs to report DR missing to the SO, or whether it was MR that supplied that information.

I don't know why people are being snippy, as it certainly isn't my intention... Although I have to admit that the comment made back to me about accidentally typing a "D" rather than an "E" seemed like an excuse to avoid the question altogether, but that's neither here nor there because I don't expect others to explain for that person...

All JMHO!!! :cow:

Oh for the love of Peter, Paul and Mary. I asked about ER mentioning her suspicions to LE because I wondered why they thought he was a runaway.

Perhaps they didn't think he was a runaway. Perhaps they did. Perhaps the fishing pole found really was his. Perhaps it was found by CR. Perhaps a scent was tracked, perhaps not. We can all pick and choose what we want to believe.

Adding the exact verbiage onto your post to keep it together:

Melissa Blasius:
Do you remember what you told them?

Mark Redwine:
Well, I told them that I hadn’t heard from Dylan all day and I didn’t think much of it and when I got down to the Marshall’s Office or to his friend Ryan’s house or Fernando…anyway... when I ran across his friends and they hadn’t heard from him – then that’s when I went over to the Marshall’s Office and told them that, you know, we need to find him, make contact with him. They were going to put out like a wellness check or they just notify the local authorities to keep an eye out for him and make contact with him so somebody can “bang him in the head” and say, “Hey, your dad’s trying to get a hold of you. Your friends are trying to get a hold of you. You need to communicate to somebody. But at that moment in time…, I felt the need to address this issue with mom, so I immediately asked her had she heard from him and indicated to her that I hadn’t heard from him all day and that I was at the Marshall’s office taking care of this, and that’s when pretty much all hell broke loose with her.
Melissa Blasius Interview

OK, I'm not going to quote anyone's specific comments on any of this so that I can wrap my head around what the exact question is here.

mijamawi - If I'm understanding you correctly, you asked a question in regard to wondering when ER first expressed her concerns about MR to LE.

A poster responded by stating that the first time she mentioned concerns about MR publicly having something to do with DR's disappearance was on 11/26 in the interview with ABC. That poster stated that even with ER mentioning it publicly on the 26th she may have expressed those concerns to LE prior to that date.

Another poster (Ransom) then made a comment in regard to it being a court-ordered visitation and that ER had to have told LE that it was a court-ordered visitation.

I then asked what the fact that it was a court-ordered visitation had to do with whether or not ER had expressed her concerns about MR's possible involvement to the LE before the interview on 11/26.

Now, it seems we (in general) are arguing about who told LE that Dylan was on a court-ordered visitation, and the original question about ER expressing her concerns about MR's involvement seems to have been lost in all of it.

That's how I see all that has happened up to this point. I still must be missing something though because I still don't understand how discussion of whether or not ER expressed concern has anything to do with who told LE that Dylan was on a court-ordered visit, as that question would have been immediately asked about by LE themselves - whether the information was offered as an explanation of why ER was calling from CO Springs to report DR missing to the SO, or whether it was MR that supplied that information.

I don't know why people are being snippy, as it certainly isn't my intention... Although I have to admit that the comment made back to me about accidentally typing a "D" rather than an "E" seemed like an excuse to avoid the question altogether, but that's neither here nor there because I don't expect others to explain for that person...

All JMHO!!! :cow:

I'm not being snippy. I was asking a question <modsnip>. It's all good.

WTF? I didn't say ER did anything wrong. I asked if she mentioned her suspicions because I wondered WHY LE thought he was a runaway if so. I'm not sure what you're reading, but obviously you are reading wrong. I'm asking a question. If it aggrevates you, scroll and roll. There's no finger pointing of ER. It's called not leaving any stone unturned. I don't see anyone blaming ER and if it's taken that way, that's your problem because it's not intended as such.

Just my observation here, but I don't think you were the one who worded anything in a way that was harsh towards ER, but rather another poster who also introduced a different topic in the midst of everything in a rather hit-and-run fashion, frankly. At that point it seems people started jumping all over each other.

All JMHO. I think those of us here on the thread speaking right now are all on the same page.

Anyway, I don't want to say more than what I have for fear of being placed on a time-out for talking about other posters or anything like that.

As always, all of the above is MOO! :cow:

once again, thanks, TxJan!!

:tyou::tyou:

ETA: added quote to my post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics