CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF there is a body at the bottom of the lake near the dam divers are going to be no help. They could only dive to about 40 feet and IIRC the lake was just under 200 ft deep near the dam. It's going to take SONAR and ROV's to recover a body if it is stuck on something at or near the bottom. There is little point to bringing in divers and risking the dangers with what their limits are in that lake. Not unless a body was in shallower water or near the shore.
I believe LE called off the lake search due to the risks to the divers and knowing that if a body were in there it would probably eventually float...as bodies normally do. I think this was the reason for the helicopter fly overs after the lake search.
I think they figure if the family wants to pay a top notch team to come in with SONAR and ROV's then let them. That has got to be extremely expensive.

Per FMDR Fb page, Elaine has chosen what she believes to be the best SONAR/ROV/lake searches she could and they are donating their time to the cause. Whatever group they have lined up has not been named (and until the ice off, we probably won't know who or when). I imagine the family would pay if need be and probably will be covering room and board costs but the actual search equipment and manpower are lined up gratis. I think it is wonderful that organizations who can and will help with cases like these exist.

LE may have told Mark he failed the test when he actually passed to put pressure on him to confess. That's why I used the word "official" in my post. Until LE releases any polygraph results it remains "unclear" to me what they actually are. MOO.

I dont think there is any way this man passed a polygraph!
JMO

Per FMDR Fb page, Elaine has chosen what she believes to be the best SONAR/ROV/lake searches she could and they are donating their time to the cause. Whatever group they have lined up has not been named (and until the ice off, we probably won't know who or when). I imagine the family would pay if need be and probably will be covering room and board costs but the actual search equipment and manpower are lined up gratis. I think it is wonderful that organizations who can and will help with cases like these exist.

Wow I didn't know they were donating their time! That's fantastic!!

But they didn't know if the homes might have been crime scenes until they did the searches, esp. in Haleigh C.'s case.
True, sometimes it's hard to find evidence when a missing child lives in that home, unless there is blood or other evidence of a crime. And that's why they do forensic searches... to try to find evidence.

I think in both of these case the child left alive!
No forensics to find!

I dont think there is any way this man passed a polygraph!
JMO

I'm not sure he could either.

I mean the man loves to hear himself talk.

And he talks and talks, in circles, forward and back....

I don't think he could sit and answer simple yes/no questions for 10 minutes and I mean questions in general.....

He had Jack T. and Dr. Phil shaking their heads....he has to be exhausting to be around.....

MOO/JMO

I don't think he could sit and answer simple yes/no questions for 10 minutes and I mean questions in general.....

He had Jack T. and Dr. Phil shaking their heads....he has to be exhausting to be around.....

MOO/JMO

Can you imagine what this does to his kids?

MOO/JMO

I wonder how much of that is purposeful to avoid answering questions and how much is the 'norm' for him. I would think if this is the 'norm' for him many people would find him very strange. I have only encountered a few people that did this and they only did it when they were lying or trying to avoid lying. Otherwise they talked and answered questions very normally.

well, in my opinion....

I do not believe LE lied to MR that he failed his poly

I'd wager he failed it miserably

:twocents:

well, in my opinion....

I do not believe LE lied to MR that he failed his poly

I'd wager he failed it miserably

:twocents:

I tend to agree with you! We know that his statement about the polygraph examiner not being qualified was an out and out lie.

IMO - MR harmed Dylan
IMO - MR knows where Dylan is
IMO - MR has a violent temper
IMO - MR has abducted his children in the past, actually fact, there are court records on Channel 9 interview and DP as well as statements on DP from CR.
IMO - MR is vindictive towards ER, based on waiting 2 yrs to file a complaint to the courts that he believed ER was drinking and driving with the children in the vehicle. IF the children were in peril, IF the children were in danger, IMO a loving, caring parent would not wait TWO YEARS to indicate the danger to the courts and WOULD have reported the danger to LE.
IMO - MR uses deflection to confuse matters, basing this on the DP show and many attempts in interviews such as, ER didn't provide a coat, DR loved me more, (paraphrasing)
IMO - Dylan did not wake up on Monday morning because he was no longer able to wake up.
IMO - there is no stranger
IMO - if Dylan fell into the lake, it's amazing that everything fell in with him and nothing has surfaced yet.
IMO - the fishing pole was NEVER missing
IMO - MR's stories change more than the CO weather
IMO - MR blames everyone and everything on his failures, i.e. he wasn't given enough notice of the fund raising dinners, DH didn't follow up on a fund raising idea that someone presented to MR
IMO - many take a PO report against CR is taken as gospel of CR's violence towards MR while the PO against MR is ignored of MR's violence towards ER & CR & DR. All the same event.
IMO - MR knows full well that he failed the LDT or the LDT was inconclusive
IMO - an examiner would NEVER lie about the results
IMO - LE will lie to a suspect
IMO - LE will give partial and very well scripted press releases
IMO - LE would not search a home for 12 hrs without good reason
IMO - this is not NCIS, CSI, Criminal Minds, Law & Order or any other tv show and results do not, in reality come back during the commercial break.
IMO - LE is not and will not tell us, the general public, what evidence they have.
IMO - LE will not call anyone a suspect
IMO - LE will make an arrest and then the public will know who the "accused" is
IMO - It does not matter one bit if Dylan was wearing a DC shirt or a NIKE shirt
IMO - NEMEC can make an error, IMO the description of a NIKE shirt as last seen in, is OBVIOUSLY the shirt that is used in the picture.
IMO - there is not a person in the world that would see Dylan in a DC shirt and think, well it must not be him because ONE report said Dylan was wearing a NIKE shirt.
IMO - it does not matter who called for the recent dog search, MR, ER or Joe Blow down the street, what does matter, IMO is that THEY WERE CALLED.
IMO - MR was cruel and abusive to not return calls/texts from ER
IMO - MR has never had and never did have any intent on approaching a mediator, if speaking with the mother of his missing child was important to him, then IMO MR would have answered the very first call and every single call since.
<modsnip>
IMO - the only possible way that MR is NOT involved is if every single known fact is ignored, excused, or a major multiple of coincidences.

IMO a child does not stop all communication with every person on Sunday evening November 18, 2012 at 9:37 pm and is never heard from again UNLESS the last person that admittedly was with that child has HEAVY involvement and SOLE responsibility for permanant disappearance of that child. IMO that person is MR

IF there is a body at the bottom of the lake near the dam divers are going to be no help. They could only dive to about 40 feet and IIRC the lake was just under 200 ft deep near the dam. It's going to take SONAR and ROV's to recover a body if it is stuck on something at or near the bottom. There is little point to bringing in divers and risking the dangers with what their limits are in that lake. Not unless a body was in shallower water or near the shore.
I believe LE called off the lake search due to the risks to the divers and knowing that if a body were in there it would probably eventually float...as bodies normally do. I think this was the reason for the helicopter fly overs after the lake search.
I think they figure if the family wants to pay a top notch team to come in with SONAR and ROV's then let them. That has got to be extremely expensive.

BBM

1.) A part of the reason they could go no further than 40 ft. down when they were diving was also in regard to the cold temperature of the water. I don't believe that in warmer water they perhaps may not be able to go down further, but then the altitude does play a big factor in regard to the depth and pressure in the water as well.

2.) LE definitely called off the search at that time due to the risks to the divers, and probably the cost as well in regard to amount of time spent searching vs. possible results in light of the obstacles faced (but cost was likely not the deciding factor).

Another thing people should remember is that in extremely cold water decomposition of a body takes a lot longer than most people would suspect. In warm water, a drowning victim, or one that was deceased and put into the water sinks, and then as the bacteria multiplies the body swells and floats back up usually within 3-5 days. In cold water the same process can take weeks or months to reach that stage.

This is the reason that Spring brings closure to many cases where a body is thought to have ended up in water. (See the Nick Wilcox case where his body was recovered just recently even though he drowned in the river on Jan. 1st - and this was in the Milwaukee River which is definitely warmer than the lake and the flow is much quicker which would assist in bringing the body to the surface.)

The stumps and debris at the bottom of the Lake make it possible for a body to remain submerged even when the lake warms back up. Also keep in mind that even if a body resurfaces, it will go back under and sink for good if it is not recovered at that time. I think it resurfacing and sinking before no-one notices isn't likely to happen in this particular case. There are a lot of other factors involved when dealing with a body in water, but I won't go into more detail.

I will come back to this post in a minute or two, and give a link if anyone wants to read further on the topic, but I'm not going to quote anything from the link as it's a forensic medical text, and it's written in a very clinical manner, and when considering that this case discussion involves family members of a young boy who is loved very much, I don't want to go even further than I have already on this topic...

ETA: Here is the link I mentioned: Note: this is a .pdf file
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/forensicmedicine/notes/water.pdf
Department of Forensic Medicine, University of Dundee
Lecture Notes
Bodies from Water
Of particular interest would be the "Effects of Immersion" section. There is a link at the top of the document to that specific section so that you don't have to scroll to find that portion. The entire set of lecture notes are worth reading if anyone wishes to understand more about this subject though...

I'm just gonna keep on praying that Dylan is alive somewhere and will soon be home with his family. I do not believe Dylan is dead. I'm going to wait for the spring thaw and for LE to have a chance to see what those dogs alerted on that LE has said was a dead elk or something. IMO

I THINK!

They told him he failed and he had a huge Hissy Fity so they told him to tell PPL it was inconclusive Till he took another to clear it all up!

Thats the way I think it went down!

JMO

Seriously? :floorlaugh: I don't think LE would say something like that.

The stumps and debris at the bottom of the Lake make it possible for a body to remain submerged even when the lake warms back up. Also keep in mind that even if a body resurfaces, it will go back under and sink for good if it is not recovered at that time. I think it resurfacing and sinking before no-one notices isn't likely to happen in this particular case. There are a lot of other factors involved when dealing with a body in water, but I won't go into more detail.

snipped for space

I didn't know that about a body sinking for good if it's not recovered. I'm sure there is lots of debris at the bottom of Vallecito for a body to get stuck on. Last thread (I believe) we were looking into how bodies are recovered from lakes much deeper than Vallecito and it was done via SONAR and ROV'S. The ROV's were actually what recovered the bodies. No divers needed. What wonderful technology we have nowadays!

I tend to agree with you! We know that his statement about the polygraph examiner not being qualified was an out and out lie.

From the transcript of Dr Phil:
MR: Well they told me that I failed it. Then they told me it was inconclusive… and there was some question about the person giving the polygraph as to whether or not they were capable of performing that… polygraph test…

MR never said "not qualified." He said, "not capable." Which makes me think, and this could be the reason for the confusion, that something went on between the examiner and MR. Maybe the examiner got frustrated? Maybe MR did not give yes/no responses? Maybe the examiner didn't have enough of the story to build correct questions? Maybe the examiner proceeded when they should have called off the exam? (Ie. MR under influence of alcohol or medications or impacted by an unrevealed medical condition.)

Not trying to "bash" the examiner, just saying that IMO the examination did not proceed in a normal manner, and that is why MR would say the examiner was not capable, and possibly why the results are inconclusive.

I'm trying to find the sheriff's department comment about the examiner's qualifications but so far Google has let me down.

Hope this isn't a double post. My system keeps logging me out. Since people are sharing their theories:

In my opinion:

MR was involved.

This was premeditated.

The plan was either murder/suicide (which went awry with the early inclusion of law enforcement) or abduction with the intent to inflict pain.

MR has had help either to abduct Dylan, hide him and care for him (a very faint hope) or to remove and hide the body.

This will be solved and prosecuted. (Hopefully successfully prosecuted.)

Seriously? :floorlaugh: I don't think LE would say something like that.

Why? You think they would lie and tell him he failed when he passed?

I think MR went on and on about the poly and LE could have said just that till he took anther POLY.

As I see it LE des not care what he says they know if he passed or failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx