CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps they didn't need the clothes because the dogs only picked up scent from truck to house
or
truck to house and back to truck

No need to follow scent because there wasn't one to follow....JMO

Could be reason LE has said this has been a criminal investigation from very early on....

JMO

I am confused as to what you are saying here. Are you saying they knew in advance there wouldn't be a scent to follow and that is why they did not use the scent articles immediately? I do not see how that is possible if they didn't have a good scent article to begin with, how they would arrive to that conclusion.
None of Dylan’s belongings that could carry his scent was available in the first days of the investigation. But the family had articles of the boy’s clothing delivered on the weekend.

“We have the clothes,” Bender said Monday. “We don’t need them here (at the reservoir), but can use them later.”

Including link again: http://durangoherald.com/article/201...late=mobileart

BBM

So in first few days they didn't have a scent article in which they could attempt to track him with, that is my understanding.

BBM

AZGRANDMA and other Family/friends - Caution... You might not want to read this post as I'm going to posit a theory of what could have happened, and don't know how to say some of this in a way that won't sound clinical...

I'm actually leaning toward this scenario - that something happened in which DR didn't actually die within MR's home, and perhaps even that he wasn't deceased if/when he was placed in the lake. I'm thinking that perhaps DR could have been struck unconscious (no blood) or could have even been poisoned (again, no blood and not actually deceased), and then could have been taken somewhere in one of the trucks (alive), and dumped into the lake - again while he was still alive so that it would make it look like an accidental drowning.

<snipped for brevity>

Going along with your theory, since it has been stated that MR/DR went through the McDonald's drive through and obviously ate in the truck, it would be interesting to know if any of the McD wrappers/containers/drink cups were ever found and/or tested...

ok, maybe I'm an idiot but I've been checking thread #44 for the past 2 weeks to see when it's going to re-open. It states the thread is closed and there was never a link posted for the next new thread. I thought this discussion has been shut down for 2 weeks. Now i realize I missed 3 threads.
Might be good to update thread #44 for those of us who are oblivious.
TIA

BBM

AZGRANDMA and other Family/friends - Caution... You might not want to read this post as I'm going to posit a theory of what could have happened, and don't know how to say some of this in a way that won't sound clinical...

I'm actually leaning toward this scenario - that something happened in which DR didn't actually die within MR's home, and perhaps even that he wasn't deceased if/when he was placed in the lake. I'm thinking that perhaps DR could have been struck unconscious (no blood) or could have even been poisoned (again, no blood and not actually deceased), and then could have been taken somewhere in one of the trucks (alive), and dumped into the lake - again while he was still alive so that it would make it look like an accidental drowning.

<snipped for brevity>

Going along with your theory, since it has been stated that MR/DR went through the McDonald's drive through and obviously ate in the truck, it would be interesting to know if any of the McD wrappers/containers/drink cups were ever found and/or tested...

Totally possible/plausible.

It makes sense that winter would have the lowest number of non-family abductions because there would be less opportunities for children to be out in public in poor weather vs good weather.

I don't believe that poor weather is a factor in this case. MOO.

It does make sense and it made me feel stupid when I read it because I had not really thought about it. It may not of played a part in this case, but IMO I believe it is another potential factor decreasing the odds that Dylan was abducted by a stranger.

LE is interested in the 7 pm Sunday until 7 pm Monday. See press release link in my post at 3:02pm

ETA: yes, it would be a lot easier if LE was only questioning the time Mark said he was gone Monday but for some reason they are looking at a broader time

I had suggested in the past that perhaps the 7pm time on Monday night was the time which the Sheriff's Office (whom the missing person's report was filed with) was in contact with MR physically, and could therefore account for his whereabouts from that time on. Everything else that happened between those hours would be a matter of confirming what has been said by MR. It would be very helpful to know exactly what kind of contact MR made with the Marshall's office, or LEO working with that department, but I'm sure the SO has this information, and had it from very early on - as soon as they would have tried to verify MR's claim that he had contacted someone there.

MR has stated several different things about where and when he went after waking up from his nap that afternoon. As far as I'm aware nothing has been stated in the media, or in the LE reports we are privy to that verify any of MR's story in regard to where he drove, and who he tried to talk to, or what homes he tried to go to, or which friends he (MR) was able to actually get in contact with.

The statement made in the press release that MR and DR's movements and interactions between those times are still under investigation lead me to believe that the only thing they have to go on as far as MR's statements, are his "word" alone, and it would be very unreasonable for LE to rely on MR's statements as truth at this point because they've received numerous explanations or "stories", and some are contradictory to each other as well. Seeing as they have not officially ruled anyone out as a suspect, I believe the SO would be working diligently to attempt to corroborate MR's statements as to where and when he was during those hours, and anything that could have been witnessed by anyone in the area - whether it seemed odd, or not...

As always, all of the above is MOO! :cow:

I'm interested in MR's trucking route. What he hauls, for whom, and where. Which specific truck stops he frequents... Is it ok to ask this?

My reverse psychology pinocchio letter obviously didn't work. (You guys don't think I actually believed that stuff I wrote to MR, do you? That the media has blown everything out of proportion, etc....it made me SICK to type that stuff. I was trying a new approach, hostage negotiator, Interrogator, Dr. Phil style). So, I'll just go ahead and say it. I think MR placed Dylan somewhere special to both him and Dylan, somewhere they enjoyed together, somewhere Dyaln especially loved, a campsite or vacation spot they went to together maybe even years ago in Dylan's early childhood. These locations may be present in old family photographs.

MR, in my opinion, you are guilty as sin killing Dylan (I think accidentally) and everyone knows it! If you have one ounce of love and respect left for your sons, let us bring Dylan home!!

BBM
Here's what MR has stated during MB's interview (baseball stadiums/nascar tracks, etc.) as far as states he has worked in and/or is familiar with (not including camping/hunting, etc.).

MR:
Well, I had just recently come in from doing a job in Silver City, New Mexico,

MR:
Well, our focus has been on trying to find the ones that are the hardest for us to get to, which for us here, tend to be here in the north and the northeast. So, you know… the easiest ones to get to would be the ones in Texas, California – you know, those kind of places, and because I work a lot in California, you know, I’m fairly familiar with how to get to ‘em and all those kinds of things so, I’m kinda’ trying to save those for last or to use them as fillers in case we don’t have enough time or when we can take a long road trip and see two or three events at a time. You know you got Las Vegas for Nascar, you got Phoenix for baseball and Nascar, you got California -- a couple tracks out there and multiple baseball stadiums, so those are the easiest ones for us to find, but, you know, I mean…the one that was, the two that were the most important were Chicago and Boston – because they’re the oldest stadiums that are still in existence, and they’re the only ones that don’t carry a corporate name

Melissa Blasius Interview

There's no drama on FMDR. It's all prayers and support and spreading the word. They are there for a little boy named DYLAN. Not everyone thrives on drama. I sure don't and that's why I don't comment on any pages but here. But sometimes the drama here gets to be a little much.
My only interest is in finding Dylan and figuring out what happened to him. The DP was not drama (besides MR's drama) and to me and it was very informative. I don't care for the drama, I just want answers.
I am not making MR act or look the way he is, I'm just opening my eyes and using common sense. It really does go a long ways.

BBM

I have also been married to an abusive person. Looking back now, I firmly believe he had sociopathic tendencies. I later was in a position to council women involved in domestic violence. I gained credibility with the women because I could finish their sentences when describing statements and actions of their abusers. In my experience, abusers are all basically the same. They make the same statements and do the same things. It is really disconcerting.

There are several abuse survivors posting here. I read their stories and sit here nodding my head remembering when those things happened to me. We have experts on human behavior that study cases and individuals and can come to conclusions about various disorders such as diagnosis.

Someone who has lived with a personality disorder is very sensitive to the red flags or signs of that disorder. I have become very astute at picking out abusers just by their mannerisms. Even though some may appear to outsiders to be very good guys/gals in public. Not all abusers walk around wearing wife-beater shirts ready to whoop-butt all the time. JMOO

I respect everyone's opinions because they are generally based on their own experiences. We are a product of our environments and experiences. Having diverse opinions helps to keep us balanced as we discuss various possibilities.

My opinion is that MR is not acting normally. It could be because of early accusations by family members. For whatever reason, he is sending up red flags to those who have experience with violent people.

Given all the circumstances surrounding MR, it is not a far leap to the idea that Dylan was not happy about being there, and then being told he could not go to his friends that night as planned. As a teen boy, who was short on sleep, he probably smarted off to his dad and acquired an attitude. I got that impression from him texting Ryan that he was not coming that night. It seemed a little short to me, like he was mad. Now, MR made a big deal about ER not sending DR with a coat. If Dylan was cold (wasn't it around 40 degrees in the evenings?) I could see an exchange happening about the coat. I could also see MR making a disparaging remark about ER to DR and DR defending his mom. Add MR's comment about wanting to sit down and eat and DR wanting McDonald's and drive thru. I could also see it escalating throughout the evening with MR getting upset and slapping or hitting DR and him falling and hitting his head. I have wondered if MR took or broke DR's phone because he was going to text his mom.

From that scenario, I could also see DR being injured, MR putting him on the couch to sleep it off and waking up the next day or coming home to DR not alive. This is all MOO since we do not know what happened. I just have a hard time buying that a parent would plan or deliberately murder their child to get out of paying child support or to get even with the other parent (although I know that it does rarely happen).

That being said, I believe there is a possibility an SO discovered Dylan alone outside and somehow abducted him (my teens will often go outside rather than just sit inside the house - usually with the phone to text. Although, we have that pesky not texting from 9:37 the night before fact. That is something I can't make fit unless a little of both scenarios happened.
My experience with my teens and their friends is that they may forget/lose everything else, but they always know where the phone is and make sure that it is charged.

Sorry for the long post.

Guys, I have Spring break off. I was thinking about driving down to Vallecito, but I don't know what I could possibly do at this point that nobody else has (other than seduce MR for information bahahahaha...). If you have any ideas of places maybe I should drive by, or photograph, whatever, pls pm me. I could go to the lake...as much as I'd like to search around the woods and poke around close to the house, I don't think its a safe idea, especially now that I've posted it on a public forum, lol.

Thank you for the info. I appreciate it. :)

You are very welcome! I am THINKING that I have read that it is more of an opportunistic situation than a planned one for the abductor but I could definitely be wrong. I have read several places that the contact usually occurs within a quarter of a mile from the victims home, though.

You are very welcome! I am THINKING that I have read that it is more of an opportunistic situation than a planned one for the abductor but I could definitely be wrong. I have read several places that the contact usually occurs within a quarter of a mile from the victims home, though.

Like Jessica Ridgeway. I think the important thing to note here is within 1/4 mile of the victim's home, not necessarily the abductor's. The closest RSO was 2 miles down the road. Recall that CR 500 dead ends past Mark's house so anyone that direction usually has a very specific reason to be on the road. Makes me think that if it were a stranger abduction, it was planned and not a crime of opportunity.

Guys, I have Spring break off. I was thinking about driving down to Vallecito, but I don't know what I could possibly do at this point that nobody else has (other than seduce MR for information bahahahaha...). If you have any ideas of places maybe I should drive by, or photograph, whatever, pls pm me. I could go to the lake...as much as I'd like to search around the woods and poke around close to the house, I don't think its a safe idea, especially now that I've posted it on a public forum, lol.

I find it kind of fascinating to be able to see a place through a local's eyes, not my own. We had a case in my town of a missing girl (later found deceased) and I drove to the search area and tried to update people on the thread here but wow- it really IS different when you are looking at it through your own eyes. Not too long ago I drove down one of the roads that would have been in the search area and noticed drainpipes and ditches that I had never seen before. I have lived here my entire life but without Websleuths in my head, I had not noticed the ditches. Now I do. So go with open eyes but stay safe and be careful.

Thank you so much for the information. It is very interesting that they distinguish "regular" pedophilies and abductors that commit a sex assault. MOO

I thought so too. I mean I never thought about it that way. They also said (paraphrasing) that abductors mostly do not have the social skills to "deal" with adults they might be attracted to, and that some of them really would prefer an adult, so not necessarily a true pedophile at all.

I would love to know if it is SOP for LE to bring in any of the RSO's and ask them to take a lie detector test. That would be helpful, I would think...or do they just take their word that they have an alibi? (i.e. family member or friend saying, "yeah, they were here with me all day/night" ...)

Snipped MR interview quotes for space

During the MB uncut interview with MR, the MOVIE seems to be a huge factor. It's about here where MR begins to ramble, speaking faster and faster, like he wants to get through this portion of his story.

"which is one of the movies we would watch that night when we were..." uhhh when we were what? oh! when we were together...

When the movie was over, and MR was pacing the floor - how could Dylan and Mark be doing something if Mark was in the kitchen and Dylan was in the LR? What were they doing?

Yesterday I discussed perhaps Dylan never making it inside the home at all, but after reading this interview again, I think probably an argument was escalating with the movie playing in the background, and things went downhill from there.

Yep, jumping off my own post...:please:

From here (in this theory)....no crime scene at the home? Or was there a crime committed there that wouldn't leave much forensic evidence? So did Dylan run out of the house? But if so, wouldn't MR follow him? Did he run out of the house and immediately get abducted by a stranger? Did MR follow him down the road and a quick crime ensued (and that's why LE are re-searching that portion of the road)? Would Dylan at about that time try reaching out for help by phone or text (the 9:37 communication)?[/QUOTE]

Or did they find forensic evidence in the home that we don't know about yet?

BBM

I have also been married to an abusive person. Looking back now, I firmly believe he had sociopathic tendencies. I later was in a position to council women involved in domestic violence. I gained credibility with the women because I could finish their sentences when describing statements and actions of their abusers. In my experience, abusers are all basically the same. They make the same statements and do the same things. It is really disconcerting.

There are several abuse survivors posting here. I read their stories and sit here nodding my head remembering when those things happened to me. We have experts on human behavior that study cases and individuals and can come to conclusions about various disorders such as diagnosis.

Someone who has lived with a personality disorder is very sensitive to the red flags or signs of that disorder. I have become very astute at picking out abusers just by their mannerisms. Even though some may appear to outsiders to be very good guys/gals in public. Not all abusers walk around wearing wife-beater shirts ready to whoop-butt all the time. JMOO

I respect everyone's opinions because they are generally based on their own experiences. We are a product of our environments and experiences. Having diverse opinions helps to keep us balanced as we discuss various possibilities.

My opinion is that MR is not acting normally. It could be because of early accusations by family members. For whatever reason, he is sending up red flags to those who have experience with violent people.

Given all the circumstances surrounding MR, it is not a far leap to the idea that Dylan was not happy about being there, and then being told he could not go to his friends that night as planned. As a teen boy, who was short on sleep, he probably smarted off to his dad and acquired an attitude. I got that impression from him texting Ryan that he was not coming that night. It seemed a little short to me, like he was mad. Now, MR made a big deal about ER not sending DR with a coat. If Dylan was cold (wasn't it around 40 degrees in the evenings?) I could see an exchange happening about the coat. I could also see MR making a disparaging remark about ER to DR and DR defending his mom. Add MR's comment about wanting to sit down and eat and DR wanting McDonald's and drive thru. I could also see it escalating throughout the evening with MR getting upset and slapping or hitting DR and him falling and hitting his head. I have wondered if MR took or broke DR's phone because he was going to text his mom.

From that scenario, I could also see DR being injured, MR putting him on the couch to sleep it off and waking up the next day or coming home to DR not alive. This is all MOO since we do not know what happened. I just have a hard time buying that a parent would plan or deliberately murder their child to get out of paying child support or to get even with the other parent (although I know that it does rarely happen).

That being said, I believe there is a possibility an SO discovered Dylan alone outside and somehow abducted him (my teens will often go outside rather than just sit inside the house - usually with the phone to text. Although, we have that pesky not texting from 9:37 the night before fact. That is something I can't make fit unless a little of both scenarios happened.
My experience with my teens and their friends is that they may forget/lose everything else, but they always know where the phone is and make sure that it is charged.

Sorry for the long post.

First, I'm sorry that you experienced life with an abuser... There are way too many of us who have, that's for sure. Thank you also for explaining why many of us are picking up on red flags in regard to MR's behavior! :hug:

I was just sitting here thinking some more, and then ran across your post and wanted to chime in and say I think there may definitely be something to that point about DR sleeping in. IIRC MR said something about shaking him, and that he wouldn't get up. (I'll have to go look at the transcripts again - I think it was on the DP show that MR said that.)

It's totally possible that DR and MR could have had a fight the night before, and DR could have been suffering from a severe concussion or something and was not breathing very normally at all. In his haste, MR may have thought he was already deceased, and/or thought people would never believe it was an accident, and thus that would also fit into my theory as well - that DR was alive and was taken from the home, and then possibly put into the lake. Even if DR passed away on the way to the lake *, there is a definite possibility that the HRD dogs would not have *hit* on the truck... The study available that I have found regarding how soon after the TOD that HRD dogs can pick up the scent of decomp is "under 3 hours".

As far as I know, there is nothing stating or proving that dogs can pick up the scent of a deceased person within minutes, or even perhaps within a half hour of someone's death - even though their noses are a tens of millions of times more sensitive than ours. This of course, would then leave open the possibility that DR could have died on the couch, or in the house, but was immediately taken from the scene, and taken to the lake, or wherever before the time after death in which a scent would be left for an HRD dog to pick up...

Quickly, I wanted to add one more observation from my personal life... Growing up with a physically abusive (adopted) father, I was never really worried that he would actually out and out kill me - as in, I never thought he would use his .45 to shoot me, or even that he would choke me, or hit me hard enough, or with the intent to kill me (even though he could easily have done this - especially being ex-military w/hand-to-hand combat training). The scenario that always played out in my head was being hit and knocked down, and hitting my head on something in the room (like in the bathroom hitting my head on the toilet bowl, or the bathtub - in the living room I was worried about hitting my head on one of the sharp edges of the buffets/dressers, in the family room it was the coffee table with the pointed edges, and in the hallway upstairs it was being hit and either falling over the railing where it overlooked the front hallway - 12+ feet down to ceramic tiles, or falling down the flight of stairs and breaking my neck).

Anyway, I just wanted to point this out to people as it doesn't take someone intent on killing someone to hurt someone else. All it takes is one minor accident (being too close to the table corner when someone falls or the like) for a "regular" argument with physical contact to turn into a fatal attack. I've noticed in the past people saying "that doesn't make MR a murderer", well my dad wasn't a "murderer" either, but there were more than a few times where his actions could have caused my death, regardless of his intent...

Sorry this post is so long, and that I used yours as a jumping off point... Lots of ideas in my head at this point, and I'm going to take a little bit to regroup I think... (not a break-break, just a little time to take care of some stuff around the house is all...:seeya:)

ETA: * or if DR has passed away within a short period of time before MR tried to wake him up there is a possibility that HRD dogs may not have hit on the couch, or a spot within the house. Again, the only study I've found in regard to when an HRD dog is able to actually identify an article placed under a cadaver it was stated that the cadaver had been deceased "under 3 hours" when the articles (carpet squares) were placed under the body. I would definitely assume that there would have been at least an hour that had passed before the cadaver would have been released for the purpose of scientific investigation of that sort, but I could be wrong...

I'm still confused by why some of the parents in a few random cases over a period of 16 years must be innocent. Isn't that like saying...OJ Simpson...Robert Blake...Casey Anthony...One of them must be innocent? I'm not understand why four parent(s) couldn't have killed their kid in the past 16 years.

They certainly could have and in the ones that were named I think they most likely did, but then again maybe some have not. I think once I got over the fact that parents really can kill their children and looked at the statistics of how many actually do, it became much easier for me to accept and believe the possibility when there was at least circumstantial evidence (as in this case) to indicate or support it.

Baby Sabrina Aisenberg
Baby Lisa Irwin
Madeleine McCann
Isabel Celis
All of these little girls 'disappeared' from in their home ( madi within a motel where her family stayed) without a trace, never to be heard from again. Parents to this day are under heavy scrutiny and rightly so. However no evidence points to the parent and no evidence points to an outside perp either.
Now Dylan Redwine , same basic circumstances. ( of course all have different specific details but the basics are the same)
Can all five of these parents be guilty and so slick they've gotten away with it?
I would venture to say, statistically speaking, at least 1 or 2 of these children
was taken by a crafty unknown perp. Anyone's guess which ones they are, but
the point is there have been many similar cases to Dylan's and not all of these
parents can be guilty and so savvy to have eluded police for years and years
on end. The way of the sneaky, invisible , wandering SO has eluded police for
years and in some cases forever.
MR looks really bad as do some of the other parents above but some of them
don't seem like they could have done it. The SO doesn't know what the parents
look like good or bad. They just seize on a golden opportunity, a solo unguarded
moment, an unexpected errand, a quick trip to the bathroom, just these silly
little every day things that we do routinely without knowing there is a predator
ready to strike.
Sabrina, Lisa, Madeliene, Isabel and Dylan. Not all of their parents are guilty. mooo

Is your head spinning through the details of each case right now dividing the guilty from the innocent parents ? Mine is ! mooooo

Just since writing this I've thought of another several kids with the same situation, vanished without a trace, parents look hinky but still no arrest. How can they all be guilty and have gotten away with it? I think it's impossible. jmoo

I wouldn't say there is no evidence regarding the parents, it just isn't enough to ensure a verdict given the Post CSI courtroom atmosphere and the leeway given to defence. Investigators and DA's often feel it is better to wait to prosecute years from now than to prosecute and let the suspect walk.

But to answer your question, I think it is very likely parents can disappear their children and get away with it. They follow the rules: Blame an abductor, don't talk, lawyer up, hide the body where it won't likely be found, don't report the child missing when they actually go missing.

ETA: This is all just my own opinion!

Choking someone would not leave any physical evidence behind. I can think of several ways someone could be killed without leaving physical evidence behind.

12-2-12
Lt. Ray Shupe, a spokesman for the task force, said the group has broken into teams this weekend.

One is looking into all information that has come into a tip line;
Another is investigating the registered sex offenders who live in the Vallecito area. There are nine of them in Vallecito and Bayfield.
http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/ci_22110078/dad-its-wait-wonder

12-6-12
Dylan's disappearance is as rare as it is mysterious. It has been more than 25 years in the Four Corners since a child of Dylan's age disappeared without a trace and was never found.&#8220;It's not something any of us could forget,&#8221; said San Juan County sheriff's Lt. Cory Tanner. The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children keeps records of all missing children in each state.

The only minor from San Juan County who vanished and has not been found was Tiffany Reid, who was 17 when she disappeared on her way to school in Shiprock in May 2004.
Reid had a history of running away from home, according to the website.

The only southwestern Colorado child who disappeared and was never found was Christopher James Harvey. He was 14 when he vanished in 1984 from his family's summer home in Hinsdale County, which is 17 miles northwest of Pagosa Springs.

Never has a missing child not been accounted for in the Four Corners region of Arizona and Utah.

Children run away from home on a regular basis and are sometimes gone for long stretches, Tanner said. But the cases have always been resolved.
http://www.daily-times.com/ci_22134254/sheriff-missing-redwine-boys-disappearance-believed-foul-play

12-8-12
Phippen said all of the local registered sex offenders had been checked out and had alibis for the 48-hour period from when Dylan arrived at the airport to the time he was reported missing.

Phippen wanted to reassure residents that the Sheriff&#8217;s Office &#8220;does not believe there is a sex offender abducting children&#8221; from the area.

There are 144 registered sex offenders in La Plata County, according to the Sheriff&#8217;s Office website; 56 of those are not named on the website. Two are shown with Bayfield addresses.
http://durangoherald.com/article/20121208/NEWS01/121209618/Volunteers-search-for-Dylan--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717