CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason LE felt the need to "correct" statements Mark made since Dylan disappeared and/or on Dr. Phil.

Mark had the postal worker on tape saying she saw Dylan

*sighting by a local postal worker indicating that Dylan was seen walking with another boy in Vallecito at about 2:00 PM. Investigators have identified and contacted these two young people and determined they have no connection to Dylan’s disappearance.

Mark said he reported Dylan missing

**Dylan was reported missing on Monday, November 19, 2012, when Dylan’s mother, Elaine Redwine, contacted the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office at about 5:30 PM to report that Dylan was missing from his father’s home in Vallecito.

Mark said he thought Elaine could be involved in Dylan's disappearance

**Elaine Redwine, Dylan’s brother Cory Redwine, and Elaine’s fiancé Mike Hall remained in the Colorado Springs area when Dylan flew to Durango by himself on November 18th for a Court ordered visit with Mark Redwine for the Thanksgiving holiday. Elaine, Cory and Mike were still in the Colorado Springs area when Mark sent the message to Elaine the following afternoon asking about Dylan

**News Release: LPCSO Update on Investigation of Disappearance of Dylan Redwine
Date/ Time: 4:00PM MST Tuesday March 19th 2013
Source: Dan Bender, PIO La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Durango, Colorado

It's just semantics, IMO. Mark contacted LE first, not Elaine. JMO, but there's no way that ER could have made that report to La Plata Sheriff's dept, because it has to be done in person, and she wasn't in La Plata County until later that evening, and when she arrived at MR's home, LE was already there.

is there a link to that information please I've not heard that a report has to be made in person, it conflicts with what the La Plata County Sheriffs Office said in their latest press release.

I personally don't think it matters who reported him missing. It's a technicality. Now if MR hid the fact he hadn't seen or heard from Dylan all day, then I'd be more suspicous of him. As it sits, he went to the marshal's office. They may not have taken the official report, but it's a tomato tomahto kind of thing. IMO

I thought it had been proven that he did not go to the Marshall's office at all. That he had called the office (and thereby contradicted his statements themselves on this point). I will have to look it up to find a link, but I know this was discussed in the last thread.

ETA: It was reported in the Durango Herald that MR had called the Marshall's office in the afternoon to inquire if they had seen DR, but did not report him missing at that time. Elaine called the SO and reported DR missing at 5:30 pm. This was not a report filed in person as she was still 6 hours away in COS at this time. She called the SO after MR asked her if she had seen DR.

Here is the report from the Durango Herald:
http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...508/Some-leads-eliminated-in-Redwine-case----
The timing of reports to police of Dylan’s disappearance also has been clarified. Mark Redwine, Dylan’s father, called the Bayfield Marshal’s Office during the afternoon of Nov. 19 to ask if anyone in the office had seen Dylan, but he did not officially report his son missing. That happened after Mark Redwine contacted Dylan’s mother, Elaine Redwine, to see if she had heard anything. Elaine Redwine reported her son missing to the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office at 5:30 p.m. that day.

Please also note that the record of MR's contact with the Marshall's office is in direct opposition to numerous statements he has made in regard to who he contacted, how and when... That is the important part of who reported what to whom, IMO.

MR said that he told ER that he was "at the Marshall's office dealing with it". He said that numerous times. Now we find out that MR called the Marshall's office. I believe there were some other statements that were variations of the above as well. His statements in regard to his actions on Monday afternoon after he woke up from his nap are what is most concerning here...

As always, this is all MOO! :cow:

OK, I'd like to retract my last post. Here is the article where Breann's dad states that LE told them they failed.

"'I don't know, honestly, honestly. When my wife went in there first to do the polygraph and she failed it, I mean, of course as a father when someone tells you they failed a polygraph, it automatically raises doubt,' he told Nancy Grace on HLN.

'I don't know. To be completely honest with you, I don't believe we really did fail it. It may be some kind of tool they use to squeeze every bit of information out of us...I don't really know. But they said we did fail it.'"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Parents-3-year-old-fail-polygraph-tests.html

You did prove my point about LE telling someone they failed, even if they did not, just to garner a confession or more information from someone.

Of course LE will lie to a suspect, does someone disagree? I don't disagree that MR possibly may have been lied to about his results. I find it very suspicious he won't take a 2nd for anyone at least that we know of. I don't know of too many people that would think that is acceptable behavior when your child is missing.

:goodpost:

I think it's funny that people are focusing on the fact he didn't take Dr. Phil's poly, yet he had no issues taking the one that LE asked him to.

why? MR was the one who said there was an issue about whether the polygrapher who conducted his test was capable.

IMO if that was the case it's something that you would want a qualified polygrapher to redo.

to clear the last person to see Dylan and then move the investigation out

MR did take a poly. This tells me he didn't have anything to hide. MR didn't have to take the 2nd poly, as it was on Dr. Phil's show, and there was no need for it. I'd never take one on a national TV show either.

But I wonder how far he got in the questioning? Could he have "failed" on the same question as he did with JT?

So to "fail or be inconclusive" can mean so many things....JMO

But I wonder how far he got in the questioning? Could he have "failed" on the same question as he did with JT?

So to "fail or be inconclusive" can mean so many things....JMO

How do we know that Mark failed or was inconclusive in his LE polygraph? Maybe he passed. MOO.

It's just semantics, IMO. Mark contacted LE first, not Elaine. JMO, but there's no way that ER could have made that report to La Plata Sheriff's dept, because it has to be done in person, and she wasn't in La Plata County until later that evening, and when she arrived at MR's home, LE was already there.

do you a link for the BBM

tia

For some reason LE felt the need to "correct" statements Mark made since Dylan disappeared and/or on Dr. Phil.

Mark had the postal worker on tape saying she saw Dylan

*sighting by a local postal worker indicating that Dylan was seen walking with another boy in Vallecito at about 2:00 PM. Investigators have identified and contacted these two young people and determined they have no connection to Dylan’s disappearance.

Mark said he reported Dylan missing

**Dylan was reported missing on Monday, November 19, 2012, when Dylan’s mother, Elaine Redwine, contacted the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office at about 5:30 PM to report that Dylan was missing from his father’s home in Vallecito.

Mark said he thought Elaine could be involved in Dylan's disappearance

**Elaine Redwine, Dylan’s brother Cory Redwine, and Elaine’s fiancé Mike Hall remained in the Colorado Springs area when Dylan flew to Durango by himself on November 18th for a Court ordered visit with Mark Redwine for the Thanksgiving holiday. Elaine, Cory and Mike were still in the Colorado Springs area when Mark sent the message to Elaine the following afternoon asking about Dylan

**News Release: LPCSO Update on Investigation of Disappearance of Dylan Redwine
Date/ Time: 4:00PM MST Tuesday March 19th 2013
Source: Dan Bender, PIO La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Durango, Colorado

BBM

IIRC it was about 4pm when MR went to N's house and learned that the boys hadn't seen Dylan all day. I wonder what MR did between that time and the time he contacted ER?

IMO if no one has seen your child all day you do not wait until its nearly dark before alerting anyone that he is missing.

There are some of here who think there is a lot of circumstantial evidence pointing toward MR's involvement. It has been detailed time and again by at least two posters who listed all such evidence in long posts. Then there are some who don't see it that way. Doesn't mean there is no circumstantial evidence though. JMO.

It has been alleged by ER & CR on a few occasions that LE would like him to take a 2nd one for them. According to ER & CR he hasn't. LE won't comment on that obviously, so it is up to the individual to believe if it is true or not. Personally, I find it highly plausible if he did fail the first one, they would ask for a 2nd. If I were MR I would be asking for a 2nd myself to clear me.:doh:

How do we know that Mark failed or was inconclusive in his LE polygraph? Maybe he passed. MOO.

you really should watch the DP show, MR stated it himself on there with the info that the polygrapher might not have been capable.

Im sorry It was Mark Redwine who should have reported his son missing.
This man has done nothing to find his son. Just another red flag to add to the list
JMO

We will have to agree to disagree. :seeya:

I thought it had been proven that he did not go to the Marshall's office at all. That he had called the office (and thereby contradicted his statements themselves on this point). I will have to look it up to find a link, but I know this was discussed in the last thread.

Do you have a link that it was proven he did not go to the marshal's office? I haven't seen that.

why? MR was the one who said there was an issue about whether the polygrapher who conducted his test was capable.

IMO if that was the case it's something that you would want a qualified polygrapher to redo.

to clear the last person to see Dylan and then move the investigation out

Dr. Phil is a talk show host.... a daytime talk show host. He is not a LEO. MT is a seasoned polygrapher. That's wonderful. He should probably be working for LE, but I'm sure they don't pay as much as Dr. P. My point is that regardless of whether MR took a poly with Dr. P, it doesn't do anything for LE or their investigation. It would be purely for rubber neckers. JMO

I think we can all agree LE is looking at MR. So, if he passed a poly on the Dr. Phil show, are they going to suddenly think, "Huh, he must be innocent?" If he took the poly and failed, are they still going to be suspicious of him? Of course. So, I ask, what good does him taking a poly on Dr. Phil do other than to placate the . I have still not heard a good answer to this.

I was going by what Mark said on Dr. Phil or did he not tell the truth?

I think that he is telling the truth when he says that LE told him he failed the test. LE could have lied to him about the results to try and get a confession out of him.

Until LE makes public the results of Marks polygraph there is no way to tell how he did.

MOO.

you really should watch the DP show, MR stated it himself on there with the info that the polygrapher might not have been capable.

I don't need to watch the Dr Phil show to believe that Mark said that LE told him he failed his polygraph. I'm sure that he did.

There are some of here who think there is a lot of circumstantial evidence pointing toward MR's involvement. It has been detailed time and again by at least two posters who listed all such evidence in long posts. Then there are some who don't see it that way. Doesn't mean there is no circumstantial evidence though. JMO.

You are correct.

It has been alleged by ER & CR on a few occasions that LE would like him to take a 2nd one for them. According to ER & CR he hasn't. LE won't comment on that obviously, so it is up to the individual to believe if it is true or not. Personally, I find it highly plausible if he did fail the first one, they would ask for a 2nd. If I were MR I would be asking for a 2nd myself to clear me.:doh:

I guess for me, I wonder how ER & CR would know if LE asked him to take another. I'm pretty sure LE wouldn't share that info, and why would MR share that info if he's refusing to take it? As far as taking one to clear himself, I'm pretty sure a passed poly wouldn't clear him as much as a failed poly wouldn't convict him.

I don't need to watch the Dr Phil show to believe that Mark said that LE told him he failed his polygraph. I'm sure that he did.

Personally, I wish I could un-watch it.

We will have to agree to disagree. :seeya:

Do you have a link that it was proven he did not go to the marshal's office? I haven't seen that.

Dr. Phil is a talk show host.... a daytime talk show host. He is not a LEO. MT is a seasoned polygrapher. That's wonderful. He should probably be working for LE, but I'm sure they don't pay as much as Dr. P. My point is that regardless of whether MR took a poly with Dr. P, it doesn't do anything for LE or their investigation. It would be purely for rubber neckers. JMO

I think we can all agree LE is looking at MR. So, if he passed a poly on the Dr. Phil show, are they going to suddenly think, "Huh, he must be innocent?" If he took the poly and failed, are they still going to be suspicious of him? Of course. So, I ask, what good does him taking a poly on Dr. Phil do other than to placate the . I have still not heard a good answer to this.

I haven't seen anyone say that Dr Phil is a LEO.

who is MT? do you mean JT? He isn't exactly short on qualifications and experience in polygraphs and he had an extensive career with FBI until he retired.

what good taking that poly is

1. shows he wants to get himself cleared to help find his son
2. shows he's not afraid to be asked pertinent questions.

Snipped the above to the response to my post.

Sorry about that! I was looking it up and added the info after you quoted the post. If you go back to the original you will see that link, as well as an excerpt from the Durango Herald. This was published on 3/19/2013 and is more detailed than the statement that "MR had previously contacted the Marshall's Office".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne