CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it strange that a parent could turn up at a Marshal's office to express concerns about the whereabouts of their child, and that wouldn't be interpreted as a desire to enlist LE's help - and I mean strange on the part of the Marshal's office themselves.
I have to admit that I have difficulty understanding the different levels of LE in the USA, with marshals, sheriffs, troopers, police etc. Would whoever was manning the desk have not suggested filing a report, or is this not part of the marshal's role?

Just some info on inconclusive Lie box test

Why are some polygraph examinations inconclusive (no opinion)?

An inconclusive or "no opinion" result simply means that insufficient data is available for the examiner to render a definitive opinion of deception (DI) or no deception (NDI). In such cases, a second examination is usually conducted. The classification of a polygraph examination as "inconclusive" protects the examinee from being falsely identified as deceptive when inadequate data is collected. At the risk of over simplification, critics, who often don't understand polygraph testing, classify inconclusive test results as errors.

More at link
http://polygraphservice.us/FAQs.htm

I haven't seen anyone say that Dr Phil is a LEO.

who is MT? do you mean JT? He isn't exactly short on qualifications and experience in polygraphs and he had an extensive career with FBI until he retired.

what good taking that poly is

1. shows he wants to get himself cleared to help find his son
2. shows he's not afraid to be asked pertinent questions.

Right, he's not LEO so I'm wondering why a poly on his daytime talk show is going to assist in the investigation.

1. He's already taken a poly, and he spent hours being interrogated by FBI without a lawyer.
2. See above.

haven't been following the posts here of late but noticed there were human remains found this week about 1 hr from Castle Rock, CO - in Jefferson county - in a ravine - unid'd as of yet if male or female - this would be approx a 6 hr drive from MR's home.

law enforcement are calling this case "suspicious"

http://news.yahoo.com/video/hiker-finds-human-remains-jefferson-184600507.html

Interesting. They have said it's not related to LeAnn "Annie Meyers" missing from Wheat Ridge. They also stated that the remains appear to have been there for a long time (with reporter's emphasis on the "long"). And that they cannot tell if the remains belong to a man or a woman at this time. There are a few young females missing from Denver from before winter, I wonder if it is one of them... I hope they can identify them quickly.

I think that he is telling the truth when he says that LE told him he failed the test. LE could have lied to him about the results to try and get a confession out of him.

Until LE makes public the results of Marks polygraph there is no way to tell how he did.

MOO.

I dont think LE lied to him!
I have not seen this man do anything at all to find his son!

All JMO

I find it strange that a parent could turn up at a Marshal's office to express concerns about the whereabouts of their child, and that wouldn't be interpreted as a desire to enlist LE's help - and I mean strange on the part of the Marshal's office themselves.
I have to admit that I have difficulty understanding the different levels of LE in the USA, with marshals, sheriffs, troopers, police etc. Would whoever was manning the desk have not suggested filing a report, or is this not part of the marshal's role?

their office closes at 3pm

http://www.bayfieldgov.org/services/marshals.asp

Right, he's not LEO so I'm wondering why a poly on his daytime talk show is going to assist in the investigation.

1. He's already taken a poly, and he spent hours being interrogated by FBI without a lawyer.
2. See above.

DP offered a second polygraph exam to MR after he complained that he had failed the one for LE, or that it was inconclusive and that there was some question as to the qualifications of the polygraph examiner.

DP stated to MR that if that was true - if the examiner was unqualified - then it wasn't fair for MR to have a failed/inconclusive test hanging over his head, and that it was absolutely unfair for him to have people looking at the test as they are then.

DP offered to contact one of the most highly respected, and experienced polygraph operators to administer the test so that MR could feel confident that the one asking the questions wasn't someone who would give him a bad test.

DP asked MR if he wanted to take another one, and if he did he would have his staff contact JT (his name wasn't mentioned at that time).

This was all done for MR's benefit. To clear up any confusion over a polygraph that was apparently administered by someone who according to MR was unqualified, or by someone whose qualifications he questioned, etc...

Independent polygraphs are used all the time by defendants and lawyers - and by employers, etc... for a large variety of reasons.

It would have been in MR's best interest to have one of the most highly qualified polygraph experts give him the test if he is not guilty of harming or having anything to do with DR's disappearance. It was offered for MR's benefit... His benefit alone...

Note: Immediately following the show the LE put out a statement saying there was absolutely no questions about the polygraph examiner used for MR's original polygraph.

It has been alleged by ER & CR on a few occasions that LE would like him to take a 2nd one for them. According to ER & CR he hasn't. LE won't comment on that obviously, so it is up to the individual to believe if it is true or not. Personally, I find it highly plausible if he did fail the first one, they would ask for a 2nd. If I were MR I would be asking for a 2nd myself to clear me.:doh:

BBM
IMO it would depend on why the results were whatever they were. If it is due to a condition that is unlikely to change on a retest, I can see LE not bothering. As other posters have said, the behavior surrounding the test taking may be more interesting than the actual results anyway.

Interesting. They have said it's not related to LeAnn "Annie Meyers" missing from Wheat Ridge. They also stated that the remains appear to have been there for a long time (with reporter's emphasis on the "long"). And that they cannot tell if the remains belong to a man or a woman at this time. There are a few young females missing from Denver from before winter, I wonder if it is one of them... I hope they can identify them quickly.

I came across this cold case list for Colorado

theres a lot of Cold Case Homicide Victims and Persons Missing Under Suspicious Circumstances

http://www.echelondata.com/clients/FOVAMP/victims/victimList.php

That's just it though. He didn't show up at the office. It has been stated that he called the Marshall's office to "inquire" if they had seen DR.

DP offered a second polygraph exam to MR after he complained that he had failed the one for LE, or that it was inconclusive and that there was some question as to the qualifications of the polygraph examiner.

DP stated to MR that if that was true - if the examiner was unqualified - then it wasn't fair for MR to have a failed/inconclusive test hanging over his head, and that it was absolutely unfair for him to have people looking at the test as they are then.

DP offered to contact one of the most highly respected, and experienced polygraph operators to administer the test so that MR could feel confident that the one asking the questions wasn't someone who would give him a bad test.

DP asked MR if he wanted to take another one, and if he did he would have his staff contact JT (his name wasn't mentioned at that time).

This was all done for MR's benefit. To clear up any confusion over a polygraph that was apparently administered by someone who according to MR was unqualified, or by someone whose qualifications he questioned, etc...

Independent polygraphs are used all the time by defendants and lawyers - and by employers, etc... for a large variety of reasons.

It would have been in MR's best interest to have one of the most highly qualified polygraph experts give him the test if he is not guilty of harming or having anything to do with DR's disappearance. It was offered for MR's benefit... His benefit alone...

Note: Immediately following the show the LE put out a statement saying there was absolutely no questions about the polygraph examiner used for MR's original polygraph.
Did Dr Phil ever tell Mark that LE could have lied to him about his polygraph results?

I thought it had been proven that he did not go to the Marshall's office at all. That he had called the office (and thereby contradicted his statements themselves on this point). I will have to look it up to find a link, but I know this was discussed in the last thread.

ETA: It was reported in the Durango Herald that MR had called the Marshall's office in the afternoon to inquire if they had seen DR, but did not report him missing at that time. Elaine called the SO and reported DR missing at 5:30 pm. This was not a report filed in person as she was still 6 hours away in COS at this time. She called the SO after MR asked her if she had seen DR.

Here is the report from the Durango Herald:

Please also note that the record of MR's contact with the Marshall's office is in direct opposition to numerous statements he has made in regard to who he contacted, how and when... That is the important part of who reported what to whom, IMO.

MR said that he told ER that he was "at the Marshall's office dealing with it". He said that numerous times. Now we find out that MR called the Marshall's office. I believe there were some other statements that were variations of the above as well. His statements in regard to his actions on Monday afternoon after he woke up from his nap are what is most concerning here...

As always, this is all MOO! :cow:

Key words: she CALLED. You cannot file a missing person's report over the phone. This comes from my husband who is a LE officer. I don't get the credit for this one.

It's common knowledge.

ER could most definitely have called and filled out the report over the phone, and officially signed the paperwork when she arrived in town, if need be. There is not one set procedure in all states, departments, or even municipalities when it comes to a missing persons report. People make reports from out of state all the time - mostly in regard to adults, but still... In this case ER was 6 hours away, and if the police say that the report was made at 5:30 by ER, then are we supposed to believe that she wasn't in COS as was stated by LE?

If it is common knowledge and I am wrong, then please provide a link as I did a google search and there was nothing I could find about needing to report a person missing while physically being present at the LE agency.

It's common knowledge.

well LPCSO don't seem to think that considering their latest press release specifically states that ER was the one who reported Dylan missing.

they also said that she was still in Colorado Springs at that time.

it sounds like that common knowledge is wrong, just like the 'you have to wait 24 hours to report a person missing' that everyone seems to think is true when its not.

Key words: she CALLED. You cannot file a missing person's report over the phone. This comes from my husband who is a LE officer. I don't get the credit for this one.

Does he work in the same county? There are different stipulations and procedures in different states, and even county by county, municipality by municipality.

There are some of here who think there is a lot of circumstantial evidence pointing toward MR's involvement. It has been detailed time and again by at least two posters who listed all such evidence in long posts. Then there are some who don't see it that way. Doesn't mean there is no circumstantial evidence though. JMO.

It also doesn't mean that there is. Jury members could see it the same way. One juror could see circumstantial evidence pointing to MR, and eleven could see no circumstantial evidence pointing to MR. It's all in a person's perception, and circumstantial evidence is subjective.

The strangest thing to me about the issue of whether or not LE asked MR to take a 2nd poly is that on the Dr Phil show, not a single person brought it up. Not Dr Phil, not Trimarco, not Elaine, not Cory, not Mark - nobody. An extended 2 day show, it's supposed to be a huge issue, yet nobody even mentioned it.

Doesn't make sense. :twocents:

From the MB interview with Mark, transcript by TxJan:

[FONT=&quot]when I ran across his friends and they hadn’t heard from him – then that’s when I went over to the Marshall’s Office and told them that, you know, we need to find him, make contact with him. They were going to put out like a wellness check or they just notify the local authorities to keep an eye out for him and make contact with him so somebody can “bang him in the head” and say, “Hey, your dad’s trying to get a hold of you. Your friends are trying to get a hold of you. You need to communicate to somebody. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]But at that moment in time…, I felt the need to address this issue with mom, so I immediately asked her had she heard from him and indicated to her that I hadn’t heard from him all day and that I was at the Marshall’s office taking care of this, and that’s when pretty much all hell broke loose with her.

Why are there so many inconsistencies?

[/FONT]

I dont think LE lied to him!
I have not seen this man do anything at all to find his son!

All JMO

I think they did lie to him.

I also have heard that he did offer up an ATV for a fundraiser but was turned down.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member