CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That does not state that a person cannot call in a missing person's report, it merely says that if it is filed in person it shall be accepted "without delay". The SO's office could have taken the report, and seeing as it was a minor got the ball rolling, and ER could have signed the paperwork when she arrived in the area.

The reason for those laws is due to the scrutiny LE has come under in regard to MP cases that they sat on when their immediate action could have prevented death or injury.

This is correct.

It's just semantics, IMO. Mark contacted LE first, not Elaine. JMO, but there's no way that ER could have made that report to La Plata Sheriff's dept, because it has to be done in person, and she wasn't in La Plata County until later that evening, and when she arrived at MR's home, LE was already there.

You said "there's no way ER could have made that report". Then you said "filed the report". Is there a difference? I'm confused. LE says ER reported Dylan missing. LE said it.

Which press release was it? The last one? If so, there are many reason why I am in disbelief of everything that it states.

Yes, the last one. Why? What reasons? With LE in the family, it's weird to me that you think a press release by LE is false. Why do you think that?

Since my point doesn't seem to be coming across, I would like to agree to disagree. :seeya:

I thought it was pertinent to answer your question, as it would help the investigation by helping MR to not have the failed/inconclusive poly held over his head by LE or anyone else, but I will respect your wishes to stop the discussion here. I'm sorry I couldn't answer your question.

This is JMO but I think he stopped a patroll car and asked them if they saw Dylan.

I don't think so because the press release says he called, and I can't see him stopping a patrol car and calling the cop in it. That's just my opinion though.

US Marshals typically don't drive patrol cars.

It wasn't a U.S. Marshal's office. LEOs are referred to by different names in different parts of the country, and in rural areas vs. metropolitan areas. The Marshall's office that MR called was a local LE agency that operated UNDER the La Plata County Sheriff's Office. It is not a federal government LE agency.

Straight from CO session laws website:

" (2) A law enforcement agency shall accept without delay a missing person report that is submitted in person if:

(a) The missing person resides, or was last known to reside, within the jurisdiction of the law enforcement agency and the missing person's last-known location is the missing person's residence or his or her location is unknown; or
"

http://www.state.co.us/gov_dir/leg_dir/olls/sl2006a/sl_115.htm

And also straight from that site, just below what you quoted: BBM.

(3) Each law enforcement agency is encouraged to accept a missing person report submitted by telephone or by electronic or other media to the extent that:

(a) The report meets the conditions of paragraph (a) or (b) of subsection (2) of this section; and

(b) Acceptance of the report is consistent with law enforcement policies or practices.

well my memory isnt the best... I thought CR did bring up the 2nd poly on DrP

I'll go looking to see what I an find

Let me know and if it is, I will stand corrected. I don't recall it, but I did not go back and read the transcript documents again, so I could be wrong.

Yes, the last one. Why? What reasons? With LE in the family, it's weird to me that you think a press release by LE is false. Why do you think that?

The only place I personally have seen that "press release" was on that Pine River publication. I have reason to believe that the person who writes the DR articles for that publication is a source close to ER, and could be omitting things or adding things that put MR in a bad/worse light.

Which press release was it? The last one? If so, there are many reason why I am in disbelief of everything that it states.

Everything? Why would LE lie or be wrong about everything in their press release? Really? How will you ever know when they have anything of any value if you disbelieve everything LE says in their entire press release? Would you believe anything they had to say ever? I'm so befuddled by this.

The only place I personally have seen that "press release" was on that Pine River publication. I have reason to believe that the person who writes the DR articles for that publication is a source close to ER, and could be omitting things or adding things that put MR in a bad/worse light.

It was on Websleuths. It was stated by a mod that it was emailed by LE to websleuths. <modsnip>. JMO

And also straight from that site, just below what you quoted: BBM.

(3) Each law enforcement agency is encouraged to accept a missing person report submitted by telephone or by electronic or other media to the extent that:

(a) The report meets the conditions of paragraph (a) or (b) of subsection (2) of this section; and

(b) Acceptance of the report is consistent with law enforcement policies or practices.
BBM

This doesn't mean that they will do this, absolutely. It also depends on the county, as I was told by another poster earlier on this thread.

It was on Websleuths. It was stated by a mod that it was emailed by LE to websleuths. What you're saying sounds like a pretty wild conspiracy theory. JMO

Well, that's just as interesting. You've made my point. If it wasn't released to MSM, then I take it with a grain of salt. Why it would be released to one place, and not even a news publication, I'll never know.

It's good enough for me too, which is why my butt is firmly still on my fence.:fence:

Personally, I refuse to get on any fence. Doing so gives you only 2 choices - one side or the other. That's just never enough for me. I like lots of choices, and won't limit myself. It's hell when I go shoe shopping. ;)

It wasn't a U.S. Marshal's office. LEOs are referred to by different names in different parts of the country, and in rural areas vs. metropolitan areas. The Marshall's office that MR called was a local LE agency that operated UNDER the La Plata County Sheriff's Office. It is not a federal government LE agency.

Thank you for the clarification. It's good to know that a sheriff office or police dept closes its doors at 3pm.

So what he can have his own fundraiser!
Waaa waa waaa hes a man.
cowboy up big guy and find your son!

You know, I understand why people are looking at MR. I also understand that this is a victim-friendly forum. At this point, it is unclear whether MR is a victim or a perpetrator. If for a moment, you view him as possibly a victim, I think it is grossly unfair to say waaa waa waaa he's a man cowboy up and find your son.

Does the man have allies with media experience or fund-raising experience in his corner? The answer appears NO, he doesn't. No one questions what Dylan's mother does....she's got a support system that does things on her behalf. It "seems" like she is doing things to find her son. I'm not questioning her behavior in the aftermath of Dylan's disappearance, but I am offering an alternative possible explanation for MR's behavior since Dylan has been missing.

I find it impossible to place "guilt" onto his actions or lack of actions since Dylan disappeared. I would feel differently if I learned he applied for a passport, put his home up for sale, attempted to cash a life insurance policy or any other activity that points to him running away or benefiting in some way from Dylan's disappearance. He may be guilty, I really don't know, but this post crisis behavior is not alarming or circumstantial by itself.

Personally, I refuse to get on any fence. Doing so gives you only 2 choices - one side or the other. That's just never enough for me. I like lots of choices, and won't limit myself. It's hell when I go shoe shopping. ;)

It's easy! Brick fence next to cyclone fence next to wooden picket fence next to privacy fence then surrounded by a giant shrubbery hedge with a mote on the other side. There's enough fence for every day ! :)

The whole asked if they saw Dylan makes me think maybe he knows them and asked if they saw Dylan while out patrolling. JMO

Other things in this case have made me think this too, and it's certainly likely given that Bayfield/Vallecito is not a big community and he lived there quite a while.

The words MR used "wellness check" - I'm not any kind of expert but IMO that sounds like something LE would have said to him which makes me believe that's what the marshals offered, not what he asked for. Those don't sound like words that MR would naturally use. "Bang him on the head" does.

:twocents:

Pine River publication is where LE sends their press releases, and they send it to those who subscribe by email

The press release is posted in the media thread

mods can verify that

We do not "know" that MR did not go to the marshall's office. <modsnip>. Saying in the press release that he called does not preclude his also having gone there.

<modsnip>

This, of course, is my :twocents:

I think we do know that he didn't go there physically because MR stated he went there and spoke with someone. He told ER that he was at the Marshall's office and that he was "taking care of it". After many interviews of MR stating he went to the Marshall's office, and after the LPCSO stating that he called the Marshall's office, he is no longer saying he went to the office. Now he is saying that he called.

If he went to the office and it was closed, then why would he call them? After the Marshall's office closes I would think that the calls would re-direct to the Sheriff's Office - unless the Marshall employs a 24-hour dispatcher, which I haven't seen anyone refer to.

I suppose I could be wrong. Maybe he did go to the office and find it closed and called, but by his own statements it doesn't make sense and LE has stated that he called the office. The LE statement in this regard is the only thing that hasn't changed, and the LE have never confirmed that MR physically went to the Marshall's office and spoke with anyone.

Which can we take as fact in this situation? MR's statement that he went to the office? OR LE's statement that they have record of a phone call. In absence of LE stating that he contacted a member of the Marshall's office, I think the fact is that he called.

<modsnip> I will state that this is all MOO! :cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member