CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay - I'm gonna open this back up, but here is the deal: If I have to remove one of your posts - you will get an automatic 3 day timeout, this includes quoting and responding to a post that violates the rules. I'm not going to ask questions or try to snip out the offending part - I'm just going to put the poster on TO.

To refresh your memories, here are some tips:

Any time a group of people get together there are bound to be disagreements. This forum is no exception. We are in no position to tell you what to think of ideas you see expressed here, but in our Terms of Service we do lay out the rules about how you can post here.

If you find that there is a fellow poster whose thoughts you find you are unable to even read without losing your composure, your "Ignore List" is your friend. When you put a poster on this list, the following will happen:

• You will not see their posts;
  • They will not be able to send you PMs;
  • They will not be able to send you email vial the Board links;
  • They will not be able to leave you visitor messages.
By all means if someone is violating the TOS use the little red triangle to send us an alert. But if you are thinking of sending the staff a PM or email because a certain poster:

• Will not answer your questions;
  • Will not back up their opinions to your satisfaction;
  • Will not change their mind no matter how obvious things are to everyone else.
Please, consider adding them to your ignore list.

NOTE: Do NOT post a message saying you are doing so, that's a TOS violation by you. Put them on the list and be happy.

Useful links:

FAQ entry on troublesome users

Your Ignore List

Your Privacy Settings

Various other settings you may want to set.

The strangest thing to me about the issue of whether or not LE asked MR to take a 2nd poly is that on the Dr Phil show, not a single person brought it up. Not Dr Phil, not Trimarco, not Elaine, not Cory, not Mark - nobody. An extended 2 day show, it's supposed to be a huge issue, yet nobody even mentioned it.

Doesn't make sense. :twocents:

I believe CR did bring up the poly and that was how DrPhil transitioned to asking MR if he wanted to take a poly. I think it was near the part where CR was very angry. I don't believe CR said anything about LE asking for a 2nd poly, just that MR wouldn't/or didn't take a 2nd one.

Salem

The only place I personally have seen that "press release" was on that Pine River publication. I have reason to believe that the person who writes the DR articles for that publication is a source close to ER, and could be omitting things or adding things that put MR in a bad/worse light.

Hi Mix, I"m just catching up, but the press release, IIRC was posted on WS before it was posted on any msm (way to go WS for the scoop!) I think it was one of the mods that put it up and then they also put it on the media link.

IMO a LE press release would have no bearing on who ER or MR were friends with.

I believe CR did bring up the poly and that was how DrPhil transitioned to asking MR if he wanted to take a poly. I think it was near the part where CR was very angry. I don't believe CR said anything about LE asking for a 2nd poly, just that MR wouldn't/or didn't take a 2nd one.

Salem

Thanks, Salem. I don't think CR said anything about LE asking for a 2nd poly either, but I'm going to zip through the transcription files tomorrow just to make sure I didn't miss anything.

The only place I personally have seen that "press release" was on that Pine River publication. I have reason to believe that the person who writes the DR articles for that publication is a source close to ER, and could be omitting things or adding things that put MR in a bad/worse light.

Hi Mix, I"m just catching up, but the press release, IIRC was posted on WS before it was posted on any msm (way to go WS for the scoop!) I think it was one of the mods that put it up and then they also put it on the media link.

IMO a LE press release would have no bearing on who ER or MR were friends with.

I agree and I can't imagine that anyone would make up a false LPCSO press release and put it out in MSM, if they did there would be massive repercussions, impersonating anything to do with LE is a big no no whereever you are.

BBM
IMO it would depend on why the results were whatever they were. If it is due to a condition that is unlikely to change on a retest, I can see LE not bothering. As other posters have said, the behavior surrounding the test taking may be more interesting than the actual results anyway.

The strangest thing to me about the issue of whether or not LE asked MR to take a 2nd poly is that on the Dr Phil show, not a single person brought it up. Not Dr Phil, not Trimarco, not Elaine, not Cory, not Mark - nobody. An extended 2 day show, it's supposed to be a huge issue, yet nobody even mentioned it.

Doesn't make sense. :twocents:

Are you sure? There is a lot on the cutting room floor. Perhaps we should ask AZ, as, (as far as I know) she is the only one who posts here who was there, and saw the entire thing.

Straight from CO session laws website:

" (2) A law enforcement agency shall accept without delay a missing person report that is submitted in person if:

(a) The missing person resides, or was last known to reside, within the jurisdiction of the law enforcement agency and the missing person's last-known location is the missing person's residence or his or her location is unknown; or
"

http://www.state.co.us/gov_dir/leg_dir/olls/sl2006a/sl_115.htm

Don't know if this has already been addressed (catching up)
From the site you linked above:

Each law enforcement agency is encouraged to accept a missing person report submitted by telephone or by electronic or other media

Personally, I refuse to get on any fence. Doing so gives you only 2 choices - one side or the other. That's just never enough for me. I like lots of choices, and won't limit myself. It's hell when I go shoe shopping. ;)
You have a different fence than I do. Mine is a block wall, kind of like zoo pens, where you can walk all around and might possibly fall into any cage and be devoured by lions, trampled by elephants, have a nice picnic, discover something new, or drown in the seal pool. The problem is everything in each space is invisible, and you just don't know which is which.....are you choosing correctly, or not?

Are you sure? There is a lot on the cutting room floor. Perhaps we should ask AZ, as, (as far as I know) she is the only one who posts here who was there, and saw the entire thing.

Yes, I'm sure, but I'm going to zip through the transcription files tomorrow to double check. I posted about what was on the show - not what may have been edited out. What may have been edited out in regards to this isn't important to me - it's what was available to the viewing public via what was actually shown and said that's important to me.

The marshall's office closes at 3pm. He probably went to the marshall's office, found them closed, grabbed his phone, and called them. :twocents:

I haven't seen anything at all saying he did not go to the marshall's office. <modsnip>.

:twocents:

If he found them closed, it would be pretty difficult to talk to them in person:
I went over to the Marshall’s Office and told them that, you know, we need to find him, make contact with him

If he found them closed, it would be pretty difficult to talk to them in person:
I went over to the Marshall’s Office and told them that, you know, we need to find him, make contact with him

Yes, he would have left out a step there.

I'll just wait and see what comes out as we go on.

And also straight from that site, just below what you quoted: BBM.

(3) Each law enforcement agency is encouraged to accept a missing person report submitted by telephone or by electronic or other media to the extent that:

(a) The report meets the conditions of paragraph (a) or (b) of subsection (2) of this section; and

(b) Acceptance of the report is consistent with law enforcement policies or practices.

Wow. I'm surprised that while making their point, the person who first posted this, left this part out. It changes everything.

News Release: LPCSO Update on Investigation of Disappearance of Dylan Redwine
Date/ Time: 4:00PM MST Tuesday March 19th 2013
Source: Dan Bender, PIO La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Durango, Colorado

Dylan was reported missing on Monday, November 19, 2012, when Dylan’s mother, Elaine Redwine, contacted the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office at about 5:30 PM to report that Dylan was missing from his father’s home in Vallecito. Mark Redwine, Dylan’s father, had previously contacted the Bayfield Marshal’s Office on the 19th attempting to learn if they had seen Dylan, and he then contacted Elaine asking if she had heard from Dylan.

BBM

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines*

Snipped by me to focus on this one point in your post.
This was from the press release that went to all MSM.

Now on the DH article I take this as being the reporters interpretation of the above press release statement. This of course is my opinion, but it says in the article that LE released a updated information (the press release we all saw.) The press release sure didn't say Mark called, I think they reporter interpreted Mark CONTACTING LE for CALLING. I don't know if that helps, but notice none of that is in direct quotes, so it usually means it's a summing up of what LE stated. I will refer to the original statement in which contacted could be left up for interpretation. Just MOO.

The timing of reports to police of Dylan’s disappearance also has been clarified. Mark Redwine, Dylan’s father, called the Bayfield Marshal’s Office during the afternoon of Nov. 19 to ask if anyone in the office had seen Dylan, but he did not officially report his son missing. That happened after Mark Redwine contacted Dylan’s mother, Elaine Redwine, to see if she had heard anything. Elaine Redwine reported her son missing to the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office at 5:30 p.m. that day.

Yes, he would have left out a step there.

I'll just wait and see what comes out as we go on.

Rather than dig back I wanted to tell you that what you suggested made perfect sense to me. If I were to go to the local PD to find it closed I would then call them. Our local PD closes their doors at 4:00 PM, since I already know that I probably wouldn't go up there, I would just call, but if I didn't already know that, and knowing that local PD patrols 24/7, I would go up there first, if I was already out. If I were at home and needing them, I would call them to come to my house.

Snipped by me to focus on this one point in your post.
This was from the press release that went to all MSM.

Now on the DH article I take this as being the reporters interpretation of the above press release statement. This of course is my opinion, but it says in the article that LE released a updated information (the press release we all saw.) The press release sure didn't say Mark called, I think they reporter interpreted Mark CONTACTING LE for CALLING. I don't know if that helps, but notice none of that is in direct quotes, so it usually means it's a summing up of what LE stated. I will refer to the original statement in which contacted could be left up for interpretation. Just MOO.

To me, MR made contact with the wrong LE jurisdiction. He contacted Dylan's mother. He was available when LE came to his home that evening. He was available when EH, CR, MH arrived to La Plata County. He was available to LE. He continues to be available to LE. I don't care who reported Dylan missing first. I do not think that the way it happened can tell us much of anything besides to look at how different people handle a crisis. This is the end of my talking about who called who first and what it means. :seeya:

The second poly was mentioned in the show. Several times.

To me, MR made contact with the wrong LE jurisdiction. He contacted Dylan's mother. He was available when LE came to his home that evening. He was available when EH, CR, MH arrived to La Plata County. He was available to LE. He continues to be available to LE. I don't care who reported Dylan missing first. I do not think that the way it happened can tell us much of anything besides to look at how different people handle a crisis. This is the end of my talking about who called who first and what it means. :seeya:

I am there with you, to me, me personally, it doesn't matter who filed the report first. To me is what matters is Mark didn't not speak to any LE at all when he became concerned about Dylan. Every single person has a different reaction and worry level. It could also be as simple(IIRC Mark didn't know where all of Dylan's friends lived) as Mark thought Dylan could have been with one of those friends at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx