CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only place I personally have seen that "press release" was on that Pine River publication. I have reason to believe that the person who writes the DR articles for that publication is a source close to ER, and could be omitting things or adding things that put MR in a bad/worse light.

The owner of Websleuths got her own copy of the press release sent to her. It's in the Media thread. You could check that one. It does match the copy that was sent to me.

The only place I personally have seen that "press release" was on that Pine River publication. I have reason to believe that the person who writes the DR articles for that publication is a source close to ER, and could be omitting things or adding things that put MR in a bad/worse light.

The copy of the most recent press release that WS obtained was straight from DBender of the LPCSO.

I don't know anything about the Pine River Times - but I know that WS's copy of that press release is legit.

Salem

Well, that's just as interesting. You've made my point. If it wasn't released to MSM, then I take it with a grain of salt. Why it would be released to one place, and not even a news publication, I'll never know.

Websleuths said there was an email list. Websleuths was on the list. How do you know MSM didn't get the press release. I think they did. The Durango Herald article that redhead quoted seems to be paraphrasing the press release.

Maybe we need a mod to clarify--was this press release sent to only websleuths? I know that isn't what was said.

Wouldn't it be a crime for the Pine River paper or anyone else to write up an official press release claiming to be from LE when it wasn't? That would be crazy.

Well, I see Salem has answered my question. Thanks.

Well, that's just as interesting. You've made my point. If it wasn't released to MSM, then I take it with a grain of salt. Why it would be released to one place, and not even a news publication, I'll never know.

It was released to the MSM, and reported all over Colorado in numerous newspapers as well. There is a mailing list that you can join and you would then be able to receive them directly from the LPCSO at the same time it is sent out to the MSM.

Pine River publication is where LE sends their press releases, and they send it to those who subscribe by email

The press release is posted in the media thread

mods can verify that

I had no problem at all getting the LPCSO to send me a press release directly, so maybe folks that would like a more direct release could go that route. There was an email address on the website, and a woman replied and forwarded my request to Bender who emailed me the release. No press credentials required. Didn't even say why I wanted it.

It wasn't a U.S. Marshal's office. LEOs are referred to by different names in different parts of the country, and in rural areas vs. metropolitan areas. The Marshall's office that MR called was a local LE agency that operated UNDER the La Plata County Sheriff's Office. It is not a federal government LE agency.

Actually, the Marshall's office is the title of the town of Bayfield, Colorado's law enforcement bureau. The are not UNDER the LPCSO at all. LPCSO has jurisdiction in the county, outside areas not covered by a township/city bureau.

The Marshall's office never had jurisdiction in Dylan's disappearance since Dylan didn't disappear from Bayfield. He disappeared from MR's home in the county of La Plata.

What do you call going to the US Marshals office? He TRIED to report his son missing. It wasn't his fault that the Marshals didn't take him seriously.

Can you please explain how this should be considered an 'opinion'. It is clearly stated as a fact with the word TRIED in capital letters.

Does not matter. There could have still been someone there. Can you provide a link that says otherwise?

I believe the link stating who filed the report (ER) has already been supplied, several times. Do you have any link at all, from MSM, that says differently?

Thank you.

Personally, I refuse to get on any fence. Doing so gives you only 2 choices - one side or the other. That's just never enough for me. I like lots of choices, and won't limit myself. It's hell when I go shoe shopping. ;)

:goodpost:

I feel the same way!!

<modsnip>
BBM
Apologies, I know this is probably not the direction that you were headed with your post, but can you elaborate on why what Dylan was reported as wearing is irrelevant? Regardless of what happened to him, I think it would be useful if something is found or on the unlikely chance that he was seen. In fact it's always bugged me that we don't know what other clothes he had with him that "might" have changed into.

Thank you for the clarification. It's good to know that a sheriff office or police dept closes its doors at 3pm.

Every Sheriff's Office, Police Station, and Marshall's Office that I know of has closing hours, most at or before 5:00 pm. All of them have dispatchers, and most of them are in the same building. To go to report something to the police here (Marshall in Bayfield), you go to the police station and push a buzzer. A dispatcher asks what you need and either tells you where you need to go or buzzes you in. If you are allowed in, they call whoever you need to speak to and have them come to see you there. I haven't had a lot of reason to speak to any of them after hours, but it's always been this way when I have. MOO

:goodpost:

I think it's funny that people are focusing on the fact he didn't take Dr. Phil's poly, yet he had no issues taking the one that LE asked him to.

BBM. Sorry to backtrack, but is there a link for that? I hadn't seen any comments by LE about the poly experience of either parent. With the exception of clearing up the matter of the incompetent polygrapher(paraphrased), of course.

Judging by MR's own comments, I thought it seemed probable his first poly experience was not all that much different than what we saw on DP. moo

1) Wasn't that press release also published here? Do you think it was edited here as well?

2) Do you have any link at all to back up that allegation about the Pine River publication?

Thank you.

BBM
Apologies, I know this is probably not the direction that you were headed with your post, but can you elaborate on why what Dylan was reported as wearing is irrelevant? Regardless of what happened to him, I think it would be useful if something is found or on the unlikely chance that he was seen. In fact it's always bugged me that we don't know what other clothes he had with him that "might" have changed into.

Agreed. I find that very relevant.

BBM

This doesn't mean that they will do this, absolutely. It also depends on the county, as I was told by another poster earlier on this thread.

It clearly refutes absolutely your original statement that a missing person's report would HAVE to be filed in person. And refutes your statement that it being filed in person is correct "common knowledge".

Unless you can provide something that says LPCSO refuses as a matter of SOP to accept a missing person's report (of a minor) unless it is filed in person, then there really is no other possibility one can conclude other than they most certainly did take the report over the phone from ER's call, and filed it immediately, just as they have stated in their press release.

This is not my opinion. This is clearly evidenced as fact based upon the LE's own statements in this regard.

Also remember we know now that MR did NOT go to the Marshall's office at all! He merely called them. That's a huge inconsistency right there. He either physically went to the office, or he called. MR has now stated both. Perhaps he forgot that anytime someone makes a phone call to the police it is logged automatically in the system even if there is no report filed?

I missed this along the way I guess. Is there a link to MR stating that he called? TIA

You know, I understand why people are looking at MR. I also understand that this is a victim-friendly forum. At this point, it is unclear whether MR is a victim or a perpetrator. If for a moment, you view him as possibly a victim, I think it is grossly unfair to say waaa waa waaa he's a man cowboy up and find your son.

Does the man have allies with media experience or fund-raising experience in his corner? The answer appears NO, he doesn't. No one questions what Dylan's mother does....she's got a support system that does things on her behalf. It "seems" like she is doing things to find her son. I'm not questioning her behavior in the aftermath of Dylan's disappearance, but I am offering an alternative possible explanation for MR's behavior since Dylan has been missing.

I find it impossible to place "guilt" onto his actions or lack of actions since Dylan disappeared. I would feel differently if I learned he applied for a passport, put his home up for sale, attempted to cash a life insurance policy or any other activity that points to him running away or benefiting in some way from Dylan's disappearance. He may be guilty, I really don't know, but this post crisis behavior is not alarming or circumstantial by itself.

He is the one with the power to erase the guilt we see.
He needs to rule himself out.
And he should man up and be a responsible adult.
Do whats right for his son not for anyone else but for Dylan Redwine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx