CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if LE wants to jog memories of the time frame which includes Sunday night, how can people recall anything without seeing the truck? People remember vehicles more than faces, Imo.

True. MR would have to be a complete moron though if he thinks LE isn't looking at him. IMO

I don't know what he thinks. He might be thinking well they haven't named me as a suspect so I'm ok? He hasn't talked anywhere publicly lately but he may still be talking with LE. We just don't know. I'm sure if they officially named him a suspect he would shut up and probably lawyer up. I think if they released pictures of his vehicle's and ask the public if they had seen these vehicles during the time in question he might do the same. To me they are teetering on him being a possible suspect in that latest press release. Just MOO.

But if LE wants to jog memories of the time frame which includes Sunday night, how can people recall anything without seeing the truck? People remember vehicles more than faces, Imo.

I agree, but that could be a fine line LE is walking at the moment. Do we or don't we? What would be more beneficial to the investigation? Keep MR talking or show the truck to the public and try to get leads?

I agree, but that could be a fine line LE is walking at the moment. Do we or don't we? What would be more beneficial to the investigation? Keep MR talking or show the truck to the public and try to get leads?

I would go for new leads. Mark hasn't confessed at this point and I imagine he has told LE everything that he knows multiple times. MOO.

It has been almost five months. Probably too late to show the truck now and get results. But it does not explain why they never did. Everything has to be tried when a child is missing. I think not showing it was a blunder, much like the wait before the detailed house search. And you can't get back the time lost.

I don't know about most people, but if someone showed me a picture of a vehicle and asked me if I had seen it on a particular date 4+ months ago, I'd have to say that I have no idea. I believe the time for that has passed. MOO

It has been almost five months. Probably too late to show the truck now and get results. But it does not explain why they never did. Everything has to be tried when a child is missing. I think not showing it was a blunder, much like the wait before the detailed house search. And you can't get back the time lost.

I don't know about most people, but if someone showed me a picture of a vehicle and asked me if I had seen it on a particular date 4+ months ago, I'd have to say that I have no idea. I believe the time for that has passed. MOO

Your both probably right but it wouldn't hurt to try even after all of this time. MOO.

I would go for new leads. Mark hasn't confessed at this point and I imagine he has told LE everything that he knows multiple times. MOO.

I could see LE eventually doing this if they feel he is done talking. I think a lot of locals saw the pictures of his trucks being taken away during the search. I don't remember if there were clear pictures of the vehicle's though. Heck those in Vallecito probably know his trucks. In a small area like that everyone probably knows everyone else vehicle's. I don't think there were that many visitors to the area in late November as many of the campgrounds were closed. I'm not sure if some of the cabins were open?

It may have been a calculated risk they had to choose. Given it is a tiny community & everyone kind of knows everyone; that may have went into the calculation, as well as his road has very little traffic & very dark at night (after watching the webcam). If they put out a picture of the truck, a defense lawyer may have a field day if this case ever goes to court.

Early on they also may not have suspected MR & we don't know what they asked when they went door to door.

For those of you interested, the trial for Mario McNiell has started. We have a trial thread right here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9181387#post9181387"]Found Deceased NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 TRIAL THREAD WEEK 1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

This is the case of sweet baby Shaniya Davis, a beautiful little girl that was allegedly sold to this (no name calling, not even of the alleged perp) for a drug debt.

Salem

I could see LE eventually doing this if they feel he is done talking. I think a lot of locals saw the pictures of his trucks being taken away during the search. I don't remember if there were clear pictures of the vehicle's though. Heck those in Vallecito probably know his trucks. In a small area like that everyone probably knows everyone else vehicle's. I don't think there were that many visitors to the area in late November as many of the campgrounds were closed. I'm not sure if some of the cabins were open?

I think that was the last hunting weekend so I've always thought there were probably people there staying at the RV park or the cabins. IMO - I tried looking for the 2012 hunting dates one day but the state's website had been updated to the current season by the time I went looking.

If it was in an unusual place I might. Like if drive past the same empty field every day going to work, and one morning there was a truck sitting in it, I might remember it. Not sure I'd remember exactly when I'd seen it though. Just that one day there was a similar looking truck sitting there.

Just jumping from the bolded above, I also think if MR harmed Dylan away from the home, they would want to get pictures of the truck out there to see if anyone saw the truck pulled over on the side of the road or at a certain campground or something like that; especially based on where they have done their searches. The fact they haven't shown the truck can go either way, IMO.

Maybe LE already has video surveillance of MR's truck. If true, in my opinion there would be no reason for LE to release a photo. LE has made several comments about reviewing video.

Snip - The footage already received is being analyzed for clues.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121130/NEWS01/121139996/Investigators-end-search-of-house

I think that was the last hunting weekend so I've always thought there were probably people there staying at the RV park or the cabins. IMO - I tried looking for the 2012 hunting dates one day but the state's website had been updated to the current season by the time I went looking.

If there were visitors to the area hunting etc. the only way they would see the pictures of the truck (if released) is if they were plastered all over the news and media in their local area's. I would think if anything it would be locals that they would be targeting for leads. And like I said, I'll just bet that most local's already know what his vehicle's look like and have already reported if they saw them some where during that time.

http://www.colorado.com/sites/colorado.com/files/CHP06112012.pdf

The 18th was the last day of deer/elk season. Puts my mind to rest about a hunter mistaking upon Dylan as he wandered off the morning of the 19th, which is not at all what I think happened but has been suggested here before. You are right- some hunters may have still been in the area.

I am just catching up after a couple weeks away but I currently live in Bayfield.

great, since you live there could you tell us if the Marshals office is manned outside of their stated office hours and if they do patrols during the night.

Has FMDR ever posted pics of MR's trucks asking people if they saw them 11/18 or 19? I can't remember them doing that, but I don't check the page nearly as often as I used to.

I'm still confused about DH statement saying the lake was the last place Dylan was at. She also said that MR keeps saying Dylan went fishing and his favorite spot to fish was the dam. Is that why she's saying that because MR seems to be insistent on that?

I am just catching up after a couple weeks away but I currently live in Bayfield.

Hi all9ofus. I've seen people from your area post on facebook that if somebody needed a cop and they went to the Marshall's office and it was closed, they would just dial 911 and a car would be sent to them.

What do you think?

Thanks!

ETA - another question. Do locals refer to the area of Vallecito around Mark's home as "the lake"?

Please see DH's statement below for an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90