CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking in... :seeya:
Have been really busy the last several days. Still praying for Dylan to find his way home, for the answers to all the questions, for safety of all involved in the investigation and searches, and for comfort for all of Dylan's family members and loved ones
:prayer:

Light a Candle for Dylan here: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=dnr
:candle:

Yep. But please note: Bayfield Marshall in this article:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ion-of-possessing-child-*advertiser censored*

I AM not implying anything. Bayfield Marshall's office is REAL <modsnip>.

:seeya:

I believe I read in one article that he lives in Bayfield and works for the LPCSO. But since he resides in Bayfield, the marshal's office will be handling the investigation.

I would really like to know that La Plata SO has thoroughly checked out this guys routine and his whereabouts on the day Dylan went missing. How likely would DR be to get in the car with an officer? Did DR know him from when he went to school in Bayfield? I can see a scenario where DR is out walking trying to get to Bayfield with a broken phone and backpack, an officer he knows from Bayfield stops and says hey you need a lift. DR willingly gets in the car. Thoughts?

Very possible. Not positive how they work in CO, but here the deputies on patrol, patrol over the entire county, AFAIK. I might check with my son on that, just to be sure. If La Plata county is not that large, it's quite possible that he patrols the lake area quite often. Most kids will trust a police officer, wouldn't they?

I have the same feelings as Mixologist does... it's pretty sad to me to learn about someone in LE doing something like this, but I am also aware that pedophiles come from all walks of life.

In small towns, it's common for LE to hang around school activities, proms, dances, baseball games, wrestling matches, etc. A ) to keep an eye on things and B ) there's little else to do in a quiet community. Supposing this guy hung around the school activities a lot and got to be chatty with the youngsters? Parents would see it and think ' oh great, it's so nice to have the local LE hanging around our kids and keeping us safe :) " .. Right? Ugh !

So, it seems that JS was a transplant to LaPlata County in 2002 or 2003. Chances seem to be that he knew of Dylan and/or of Middle and High Schoolers in Bayfield. If we all immediately thought of Dylan with this arrest, I have a hard time imagining that the DR Task Force didn't as well. What they know is of a whole lot of interest but as in most things, I don't think they are going to tell us quite yet, although if they were asked and gave no response that would be more interesting that a flat out denial.

So, it seems that JS was a transplant to LaPlata County in 2002 or 2003. Chances seem to be that he knew of Dylan and/or of Middle and High Schoolers in Bayfield. If we all immediately thought of Dylan with this arrest, I have a hard time imagining that the DR Task Force didn't as well. What they know is of a whole lot of interest but as in most things, I don't think they are going to tell us quite yet, although if they were asked and gave no response that would be more interesting that a flat out denial.

I'm sure they have thought of this, Bayou.
Just making an observation here and in no way accusing this man, but.... I have seen cases where they have arrested a person for some other crime, and at the same time they're investigating any possible connection to other cases, such as a missing person case they're handling. They don't make any statements about it until one day, out of the blue, they announce that this person is also being charged with that crime as well.
It's very possible this man had nothing to do with Dylan's disappearance, but I think most LE would look into it very thoroughly anyway. They would be remiss if they didn't, but of course, we won't know unless they do make a connection, or they don't. I'm sure some reporter will ask sooner or later.

In small towns, it's common for LE to hang around school activities, proms, dances, baseball games, wrestling matches, etc. A ) to keep an eye on things and B ) there's little else to do in a quiet community. Supposing this guy hung around the school activities a lot and got to be chatty with the youngsters? Parents would see it and think ' oh great, it's so nice to have the local LE hanging around our kids and keeping us safe :) " .. Right? Ugh !

This article suggest that the community did indeed think highly of JS. (BBM)

http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...ifestyle06/Health-Briefs&template=printpicart

Officers receive awards for mental-health work

Crisis Intervention Team Officer of the Year awards were presented to Snow Melody of the Bayfield Marshal’s Office and Jason Sutter of the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office, the Mental Health Partnership announced.

Nominations are solicited from county residents to annually recognize those who provide outstanding law-enforcement response to people with mental illness who require crisis intervention assistance.

****** also was honored as an exemplary Crisis Intervention Team volunteer for her many years of helping plan and implement annual trainings. Awards were presented during graduation of the 2012 crisis team class

He lives about 2 minutes from the Middle School in Bayfield. For what it's worth.

The guy is a La Plata County Sheriff Office Deputy. HTH.

Wondering where this guy lives in relation to where Dylan lived in Bayfield

This is something that really bothers me. If you've got one of La Plata's finest doing these kinds of things, who's to say that he wouldn't snatch a kid and keep it on the down low? The more I think about it, the more disgusted I am that someone who should be upholding the law could be breaking it one of the most disgusting manners ever.

I have so much going through my head. So much. Did this guy have any involvement in Dylan's investigation? Usually they use all available LE for things like going door to door, foot searches, etc.

I hope he has a solid alibi for the timeframe in question in Dylan's disappearance, and that his actions in Dylan's case, if he had any involvement in the investigation and search, aren't questionable causing them to have to go back and review and re-do.

Wondering where this guy lives in relation to where Dylan lived in Bayfield

According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.1 square miles (2.8 km2), all of it land. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayfield,_Colorado

Just wondering since it doesn't look like the Middle School is outside the town limits and we know that JS lives within the town limits.

BBM and because of that, it worries me a little bit that they didn't immediately say they cleared him of involvement in Dylan's case. I'll be looking for a statement from La Plata Sheriff's office in the next few days.

I am stuck on this guy being accused of possession of child *advertiser censored* and I have been searching for other arrests that would indicate his arrest was part of a sting operation and I can't find anything.

This leads me to wonder if his arrest isn't a part of the investigation in Dylan's disappearance and any forensic evidence or other evidence the DR Task Force has. They could be diverting attention by outright stating that Bayfield MO is investigating the child *advertiser censored*.

The timing of this is just very interesting to me especially combined with LE's seeming dismissal of dog alerts on the reservoir and LE's silence about the family driven searches that are pending on the lake. I'm anxiously awaiting more information....

LE's most recent statement indicated an interest in the activities of MR and Dylan, if I am not mistaken. I am not seeing anything as yet to make me think their focus is off of MR. JMO

This is an old quote from Bender, but I still believe that LE will explore every possible clue to what happened to Dylan, and who was involved, including any possible connection of Sutter. :twocents:

“We know some people are upset that we are even considering the possibility that Dylan may have run away. But we are working for Dylan and we owe it to him and to his family to consider every possible scenario that could have caused him to drop out of sight for a week,” Public Information Officer Dan Bender for La Plata County Sheriff’s Office told KMGH.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...r-colorado-boy-who-vanished-during-dad-visit/

Just when you think this case can't get any stranger, BAM! There it is!!

My mind is running wild right now with different scenerios. The biggest being if he was on patrol around MR's house, saw Dylan, offered him a ride............my God, who wouldn't trust a cop? Especially since he lived by the middle school Dylan went to. Dylan may have known this guy already and would think NOTHING of getting in a vehicle with him, getting a ride to Nandos.

I'm also interested in how this came about that BMO caught on to this guy. I'm pretty sure though they would be looking into his whereabouts when Dylan went missing and the hours after.

Just wow!

To: The Cheese,

Thank you for following these new developments and keeping us updated.

I wonder how well this guy knows MR's neighbor. He could be one of the sources of the pictures they found. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikchan