CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they make a press release saying he has no connection? They wouldn't make a press release saying he has no connection in any of the other unsolved La Plata County crimes so why this one?

Because the guy lived in close proximity to both Dylan and the middle school and , well...how many other BOYS are missing from that area that are high profile? I'm sure that I'm not the only person who has suspicions about this man, as evidenced by the people commenting here about him. MOO.

I agree with everything you stated. Would you think that LE would put something out, a press release, something, to let the public know there is no connection to him and Dylan's disappearance if they have determined that thus far?

Yes, and judging by the crime news in the "Pine River Times", Dylan's disappearance and this arrest on child *advertiser censored* are the most interesting things besides graffiti/vandalism. I think it's natural to connect the two and nearly anyone there or far away would wonder about the connection.

It's ridiculous to think that they aren't still investigating him. They could very well be.

I was just thinking and maybe you could answer this one, find out from your man a little. But I was wondering how delicately would the investigation into a LE officer would be handled? I imagine there are a lot of "claims" made against officers of wrong doing, you know vengeful complaints. My question is pretty much this, is the word of someone else enough to get a SW to investigate or would there have to be other evidence to back up an allegation in order to get a SW?

I was just thinking and maybe you could answer this one, find out from your man a little. But I was wondering how delicately would the investigation into a LE officer would be handled? I imagine there are a lot of "claims" made against officers of wrong doing, you know vengeful complaints. My question is pretty much this, is the word of someone else enough to get a SW to investigate or would there have to be other evidence to back up an allegation in order to get a SW?

The word of someone? Absolutely not! There has to be probable cause for any search warrant.

IA investigations are handled very, very delicately. Depending on what the accusation is, some investigations are even made by outside agencies, so there is no question of integrity.

Because the guy lived in close proximity to both Dylan and the middle school and , well...how many other BOYS are missing from that area that are high profile? I'm sure that I'm not the only person who has suspicions about this man, as evidenced by the people commenting here about him. MOO.

I know in the LISK case, when a new body is found out at Gilgo Beach or they arrest someone for murdering woman that were not dumped on Long Island, they will address the question as to whether or not there is a tie to the LISK case because frankly, that's where everyone's minds go when a new body is found. LE does make press releases stating that one case is not connected to another.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9224749&postcount=320"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The word of someone? Absolutely not! There has to be probable cause for any search warrant.

IA investigations are handled very, very delicately. Depending on what the accusation is, some investigations are even made by outside agencies, so there is no question of integrity.

In my mind I picture a pretty slow investigation with confrontation of the officer being one of the last things done. I am probably wrong, but the last thing you would want to do(in my mind) is to embarrass an officer by saying someone is accusing them of something this heinous and also to give them the opportunity to destroy evidence before you had a chance to actually look for it. I kind of wonder when exactly this investigation was begun.

I'm pretty sure arresting him is the last thing they did. I would also bet that they didn't come out and ask him if he had kiddie *advertiser censored*. Something led to Mr. Sutter, something that we don't know about. Bayfield Colorado is very very small....TINY even. If there is NO link between Sutter and Dylan, I see no reason that LE wouldn't come out and just say so. If there is a link--well then they may be quite quiet. They may make a statement in the upcoming weeks....or they may not. Until then....speculation should be expected and to ignore this would be foolhardy, based on what little we know.

In my mind I picture a pretty slow investigation with confrontation of the officer being one of the last things done. I am probably wrong, but the last thing you would want to do(in my mind) is to embarrass an officer by saying someone is accusing them of something this heinous and also to give them the opportunity to destroy evidence before you had a chance to actually look for it. I kind of wonder when exactly this investigation was begun.

They would absolutely build their case first, and then confront with the evidence. This kind of thing isn't something that is taken lightly.

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/

Sheriff's investigators, 12 Upper Pine Fire responders, and a La Plata County Road and Bridge backhoe were at Middle Mountain Campground on the back side of Vallecito reservoir Tuesday in the ongoing search for Dylan Redwine.

"It's one of the areas where (search) dogs alerted. It's right on the shore, and the water level is rising."

"Dog alerts prompted this search, he said. Dogs have given alerts at various places that investigators have followed up since Dylan disappeared."

I guess they're not looking for a dead elk after all....

Sheriff's investigators, 12 Upper Pine Fire responders, and a La Plata County Road and Bridge backhoe were at Middle Mountain Campground on the back side of Vallecito reservoir Tuesday in the ongoing search for Dylan Redwine.

"It's one of the areas where (search) dogs alerted. It's right on the shore, and the water level is rising."

"Dog alerts prompted this search, he said. Dogs have given alerts at various places that investigators have followed up since Dylan disappeared."

True, doesn't sound like they found a dead Elk. It does seem as if LE is doing all those little things that we wonder about, investigate, search, re-investigate, search again, etc. It's good to know that they are doing a thorough job.

"Dog alerts prompted this search, he said. Dogs have given alerts at various places that investigators have followed up since Dylan disappeared.
"What we're doing this afternoon is just part of our ongoing investigation," Bender said. Investigators also are going door-to-door again looking for information.
"We've never stopped looking for Dylan, even over the winter," he said. Investigators followed up on tips, sometimes going out on snowshoes."

I guess it's not a cold case.....

Surely LE has determined this man's whereabouts on the dates in question. As they are probably still try to determine MR's and others.

True, doesn't sound like they found a dead Elk. It does seem as if LE is doing all those little things that we wonder about, investigate, search, re-investigate, search again, etc. It's good to know that they are doing a thorough job.

Yep. Hopefully wrapping up that case and all the extraneous questions with a big bow for the DA. I'm praying for a missing Dylan and a Grand Jury.

Surely LE has determined this man's whereabouts on the dates in question. As they are probably still try to determine MR's and others.

Perhaps yes, and perhaps they're trying to confirm his whereabouts, like they're trying to do with MR.

Exactly, I'm sure that we are not the only ones that first thought :waitasec: and since the men & women involved have years of experience in LE, it would seem only natural that they would investigate properly and thoroughly. IMO the two are not related other than location. I just can't see LPSO allowing the public to think that they arrested a man for child *advertiser censored* when they actually suspected him of disappearing Dylan, certainly IF they had any evidence that connected him to Dylan the bond would have been higher. I also believe that LPSO does not need to publicly clear someone of a crime when a connection hasn't been made.

Nope, no elk. I had a feeling they were downplaying it until they could get back out there to do more searching. Glad to know they are busy behind the scenes. IMO

Exactly, I'm sure that we are not the only ones that first thought :waitasec: and since the men & women involved have years of experience in LE, it would seem only natural that they would investigate properly and thoroughly. IMO the two are not related other than location. I just can't see LPSO allowing the public to think that they arrested a man for child *advertiser censored* when they actually suspected him of disappearing Dylan, certainly IF they had any evidence that connected him to Dylan the bond would have been higher. I also believe that LPSO does not need to publicly clear someone of a crime when a connection hasn't been made.
His bond would be according to the law, not according to whether or not LE "suspects" this man of having something to do with Dylan's disappearance. The two have no correlation unless there are other charges. That being said, it is entirely possible that an investigation is on-going as to whether or not Sutter has anything to do with Dylan's case.

So this is on the eastern shore, just above the mid point of the lake, right? According to the map on this page

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/sanjuan/recarea/?recid=43060

If you hover your mouse over the brown triangles it shows the campground name. The uppermost one is Middle Mountain.

ETA - Not where they said they searched in November, and I don't think it's where they searched in December, but could be. Right below it is a Five Branches Campground. I wonder if that's where Wendy said her dogs alerted.

"Dog alerts prompted this search, he said. Dogs have given alerts at various places that investigators have followed up since Dylan disappeared.
"What we're doing this afternoon is just part of our ongoing investigation," Bender said. Investigators also are going door-to-door again looking for information.
"We've never stopped looking for Dylan, even over the winter," he said. Investigators followed up on tips, sometimes going out on snowshoes."

I guess it's not a cold case.....

That's good to know. Because they were silent, it didn't mean they weren't working on the case. I do hope if they included Sutter in any of the investigating, they backtrack and double check his work now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member