CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it is strange for all 3 of them to talk about him in the past tense, but I've also seen this often. I think in their hearts and minds they know that the longer he's gone the more unlikely it is he's going to come home :(

Yes, for some reason that is made into a big deal when parents do it. I dont take that as an indicator of guilt whatsoever. When a child is not in their presence (missing) I have seen quite a few family members speak of the child in the past tense and a lot of them had nothing to do with the disappearance either. So just because Dylan's mother, father and brother speaks in the past tense really tells me nothing either way except they may all fear that Dylan will never be found.

I remember Marlene Lamar did it very early on when Sierra went missing and Ed Smart did the same and there have been other innocent parents as well who have done the same.

I think way too much is made of it and the so called statement experts always states it shows deception/guilt when time and time again they have been proved wrong.

The same issue is often made if a parent refers to their child as 'that boy' or 'that girl' when in many parts of the country that saying is as common as rain and is said in an endearing loving way. Again the so called experts always make a big deal about that too and that is why I dont even read those blog sites anymore and havent seen the Amy Henslee case where every one of them was wrong about Amy's husband.

These type of bloggers are there to make something out of every statement they have ever analized and they never apologize for being dead wrong either. If they didnt find fault they simply would have nothing to blog about.

I saw the video of MR and I didnt get any feeling he is involved in this. LE has said from the very beginning he has been fully cooperative and willing opened his home to be searched. Imo, he also has taken a poly since it was mentioned he had been cooperative in 'other things' as well.

But I cant understand why it took them this long to execute a SW. In the majority of cases the location where someone went missing from we will see LE arrive and start putting tape around the property to keep looky loos and media out and wait outside until a Judge signs off on a SW. In this case probable cause would be easy peasy because it is the home where he disappeared from. So the lull in doing this is puzzling to me knowing that the CPI and FBI have been on the case almost from the beginning.

I think they want the videos to be able to rule MR in or out. I dont find anything particularly sinister about the search of the home and property. I think it is just common sense and SOP and should have been done before now. I am puzzled why it took them so long though.

When Jessica Lunsford went missing the first thing LE did was obtain a SW to search the Lunsford home. They brought the Lunsfords back to interview them several times to keep going over what happened the morning Jessica went missing so I see the Redwine home being searched in the same way during an ongoing investigation.

IMO

I notice there are so many cases that involve children of divorce. Being the mother of 2 children of divorce myself, I know how horrific the situation can be for kids.
My divorce was 12 years ago and my ex is still holding a grudge. What's up with this? (I didn't do anything. I just wanted a divorce.)
The problems are, the children WILL pay for the divorced couples BS and that's a fact. All the fighting and hatred is ridiculous, and I don't think we parents really see how much we're hurting our kids. I really believe this has to be looked at.
There's a boy missing in the NY area and I was reading up on this 17 y/old runaway.
The parents are divorced. Well, i'm reading this and I see the parents are actually fighting, getting all nasty w/each-other, mud-slinging on the comments page of the local newspaper! What's that?
It really makes me think about children of divorce....that's all. I just want parents everywhere to be more mindful, sincerely mindful of their kids when they divorce.

I can't tell you the feelings I'm having about this post right now. My son filed for divorce a few months back. They have 3 children ages 10, 8 and 4. I have been so worried about the damage this divorce can do to them. My daughter divorced when her children were 8 and 4. The ex was a who wanted visitation but never donated a dollar towards their needs. I did that. Now both those children are adults, both sought out a relationship with him because he was always so aloof and absent in their lives, and in order to have a relationship with HIM, my daughter and I have become the "bad guys." So yeh, acrimonious divorce is the gift that keeps right on giving......

BBM

Thanks for reposting this. There is something I noticed when I heard this the first time. This is a family friend that knows MR. And Nancy gave her a perfect opportunity to say that MR is not guilty and would never hurt his son.

But the family friend does not do that. She dances around it a bit, but, imo, she leaves that open as a possibility.

I thought the exact same thing when I heard it.....IMO, her obvious "dancing around" spoke volumes of what she was trying very hard not to say....IMO!

Really, we've seen LE take this long, or longer, to do the detailed examination of the home. I know it was weeks in, with Lisa Irwin and others, maybe Ayla (?) before they really did it. I don't know why.

"Task force members are looking at this investigation as a criminal investigation," said Lt. Shupe. "We are still looking at all other possibilities."

Is this the first time they have said that this is a criminal investigation??

BBM

and with his fishing pole

perhaps dad bought Dylan a fishing pole at Walmart when they stopped for groceries....:what:

This is what I had wondered. If dad put him out of the car with his backpack phone and fishing pole. It's cold, there's animals, it's dark, etc.
Hard to say, but if Dylan never made it to his dads home (and we don't know this yet) then he would have to have beeen let out of the car somewhere in between the airport and MR house.

"Task force members are looking at this investigation as a criminal investigation," said Lt. Shupe. "We are still looking at all other possibilities."

Is this the first time they have said that this is a criminal investigation??

I have not heard them say that before. But I am not surprised, if not a runaway, and did not get lost??? What else is left. It means something happened criminal? correct? either abduction? or....( I am not going to say it)

I am stunned if LE truly does not even know for sure if Dylan made it to his father's house. I hope that is not true.

LE did say they were searching house because it was the last place Dylan was seen (paraphrasing- in msm links- 1st page)

Yes, for some reason that is made into a big deal when parents do it. I dont take that as an indicator of guilt whatsoever. When a child is not in their presence (missing) I have seen quite a few family members speak of the child in the past tense and a lot of them had nothing to do with the disappearance either. So just because Dylan's mother, father and brother speaks in the past tense really tells me nothing either way except they may all fear that Dylan will never be found.

I remember Marlene Lamar did it very early on when Sierra went missing and Ed Smart did the same and there have been other innocent parents as well who have done the same.

I think way too much is made of it and the so called statement experts always states it shows deception/guilt when time and time again they have been proved wrong.

The same issue is often made if a parent refers to their child as 'that boy' or 'that girl' when in many parts of the country that saying is as common as rain and is said in an endearing loving way. Again the so called experts always make a big deal about that too and that is why I dont even read those blog sites anymore and havent seen the Amy Henslee case where every one of them was wrong about Amy's husband.

These type of bloggers are there to make something out of every statement they have ever analized and they never apologize for being dead wrong either. If they didnt find fault they simply would have nothing to blog about.

I saw the video of MR and I didnt get any feeling he is involved in this. LE has said from the very beginning he has been fully cooperative and willing opened his home to be searched. Imo, he also has taken a poly since it was mentioned he had been cooperative in 'other things' as well.

But I cant understand why it took them this long to execute a SW. In the majority of cases the location where someone went missing from we will see LE arrive and start putting tape around the property to keep looky loos and media out and wait outside until a Judge signs off on a SW. In this case probable cause would be easy peasy because it is the home where he disappeared from. So the lull in doing this is puzzling to me knowing that the CPI and FBI have been on the case almost from the beginning.

I think they want the videos to be able to rule MR in or out. I dont find anything particularly sinister about the search of the home and property. I think it is just common sense and SOP and should have been done before now. I am puzzled why it took them so long though.

When Jessica Lunsford went missing the first thing LE did was obtain a SW to search the Lunsford home. They brought the Lunsfords back to interview them several times to keep going over what happened the morning Jessica went missing so I see the Redwine home being searched in the same way during an ongoing investigation.

IMO

I don't believe he has taken a poly yet. Unless he does one today during his 'official' interview/

And what do you think about them impounding his two vehicles and taking them to the forensics lab? Does that seem odd to you at all? It's been two weeks. I would have thought the dad would be cleared already. JMO

As for why it took them so long to get a warrant and do a thorough search---I think they followed different theories first. IE, He ran away or he went to his friends to hide out, or he was fishing and fell in, and these were what Dad clued them in to. So now finally they are back at square one.

If that is a quote from LE and not a media interpretation, then it is very worrying indeed.

No, it is not in quotes and Im leerie of anything that isnt nowadays.

The media has gotten terrible lately in so many cases its really hard to trust what they say.

But I didnt think they felt he walked off and got lost somewhere. I think they feel if that had happened they would have found him by now.

They did mention early on that he could have met with foul play and they were considering a possible abduction. To date I havent seen them rule the abduction theory out as a possiblity.

I am glad to see that Mr. Redwine is continuing to cooperate with LE. At least he hasnt lawyered up despite the accusations hurled at him by his ex nor has he stopped being cooperative.

IMO

I don't believe he has taken a poly yet. Unless he does one today during his 'official' interview/

And what do you think about them impounding his two vehicles and taking them to the forensics lab? Does that seem odd to you at all? It's been two weeks. I would have thought the dad would be cleared already. JMO

During the case of the two young girls missing in Iowa, they took the Mom and the Dads vehicles. They were later returned. So I think is some areas they may do this to cover all bases? IMHO

LE did say they were searching house because it was the last place Dylan was seen (paraphrasing- in msm links- 1st page)

Seen by his father.
But they haven't said they were able to verify that he made it to his father's house.

And many diagnosed bipolars are actually really borderline personality disordered and given the bipolar diagnosis by practitioners simply because insurance will then cover treatment and medications. I've been personally told by several practitioners that this is VERY common in the field (also because BPDs can be scary as all hell, unpredictable and dangerous, and this diagnosis can marginalize and limit their options in life). So my thought as pertains to this case is : the main trigger for borderline episodes is feeling "abandoned".

Uh oh.

(ETA: not sayin' anyone in this case is bipolar, or alcoholic, just that IF someone was, this is how it could impact the situation)

Hey Onelove...lay people like you and me have to link to this kind of information unless we are verified professionals. Please either find a link or state why this is your opinion.

I think I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel here, but I did come up with an explanation for no phone contact (but it does include dishonesty from MR). It's been said that MR and DR were discussing Thanksgiving at the store or shortly after. It's also been said that his last phone usage was around 8:00 that night. Would it make sense that MR was trying to talk to DR on the way home, and DR kept texting with his friends? He could have gotten upset enough about it to grab the phone, take the battery out and throw it (the battery) out the window. DR may have gone to bed when they got home because he was mad, not because he was tired.

If that were the case, he may have grabbed his stuff when MR left and took off to try to find the battery so he could either call his friends for a ride, or call his mother to get him home. Depending on how far away it was thrown, and what the area is like, any number of things could have happened once he was out on the road. MOO

I just can't think of any good reason for him not to admit it if that was all he did, but who knows why anyone does anything?

Door-to-door canvassing by task force members began on Tuesday, November 27 but has been concluded at this time

http://www.kjct8.com/news/Investiga...-boy/-/163152/17609894/-/yrl3duz/-/index.html

thinkin' LE has some clues.....

plus "official interview" for dad

doesn't sound good.....

oh, Dylan.....

From that article ... very interesting:

Lt. Shupe said they would like to thank the community for sharing video footage of the Vallecito area, taken between the evening of Sunday, November 18 and noon on Monday, November 19.

"Footage is currently being analyzed by investigators for clues," said Lt. Shupe.

The task force is still requesting video footage or photographs that include vehicles traveling on any routes between Durango and Vallecito Reservoir during that time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynbot