CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to heed Salem's post and abide by the rules plus Im not one to automatically assume a parent is involved in a disappearance of a child anyway.

There is absolutely no evidence at this time that MR is a POI much less a suspect in the disappearance of his son. Until and if that should happen I am going to give him the benefit of a doubt and my support for I think he surely needs it. I am sure someone he knows has seen what is being said about him on line. It has to be hurtful if he had nothing to do with Dylan's disappearance.

I remember Mark Lunsford telling Nancy Grace that one of the things that hurt him the most other than losing his precious daughter was when he read what was being said about him and his parents. Its bad enough to go through the trauma when your child is missing but then to have to hold up under the harsh criticism and accusations has to be a painful experience within itself.

BBM
Absolutely its possible!

As Ive said before we can all just read the news stories in our local areas or read the news sites on line to know that pedos are trying to abduct minors at an alarming rate lately. Just because their act were foiled doesnt mean they arent out there looking for their next victim. Look at AGT ........he had already attempted to abduct before he abducted Sierra Lamar and murdered her.

Recently in our local area we had a 12 year old boy being followed by a guy in a van trying to intice him to get in his van. Thank God the kid ran and told his mom. They found the guy and he had just been released from prison and he had sexually abused children in three different states. He didnt even have a reason to be in our state or city. But there he was on a street cruising looking for his next victim.

And what makes Dylan vulnerable is he is known to hitch-hike. That means he is trusting and he certainly could have made a misjudgment and got into a vehicle with someone he shouldnt have.

IMO

All good points Ocean.

That is a viable scenario. But a couple of things keep making some of us suspicious about it.

There is only one road out of the neighborhood. It is long and straight and the only way out.

BBM: CR 500 is not straight at all
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Duran...y+Road+500,+Bayfield,+Colorado+81122&t=m&z=16

Who said the phone was OFF.... link please, because I have given links that said "wasn't used" ... never read OFF or even DISABLED. Help here. Please.

sorry I messed up the QUOTE from Katy and stuck my response in there. Oh well.... oops.

No attorney was present for the interview, and Shupe said Redwine has not retained an attorney.

Ugh! I am so frustrated! I keep going in and out of the tunnel -- you guys have it made in there with the wine and margaritas and such but then I see things like this that make me think MR is very confident he had nothing to do with his son's disappearance. But then I go back in the tunnel because it's also possible he's unreasonably self-assured or just hasn't figured out yet that he might need an attorney. In the tunnel or out? I am so torn.

http://durangoherald.com/article/201...late=mobileart

Well- something that hasn't been mentioned- and my kid just did it: My phone is now permanently off. My son dropped it in the parking lot while at the park. :(

Another good point. So sorry that had to hurt in more ways than one!

Umm....it isn't possible because Dylan's phone was never turned on after 8PM the previous night.

Dylan's phone was "turned off" around 8PM and was never turned on again. And this is a 13 year old who used his phone all the time, even in the minutes preceding 8PM. Who turned Dylan's phone off? Did the phone run out of battery power? If so, then it most likely would have been charged overnight and used the next morning.

What happened to Dylan? I think we know....and it isn't good.

Perhaps you are right but what if he hadn't powered it up yet and was planning to do so when he got down the road aways but then something happened? That is possible and I'm just saying I'm not ready to point fingers. Yet. Just trying to offer up varying theories in hope Dylan can be found.

Also, I am not familiar with the area...but is there phone service in his area? At my house we are so remote that once you go fifty feet from the house there is no coverage. If that's the case then Dylan wouldn't have wasted time turning his phone on. And while inside he may have just been in a hurry.

I assumed if the phone is silent it's off. Not a literal conclusion I know-just my opinion. (Also based on my experience with my former teenagers... silence it was off as in confiscated and in my hands. )

Oh My....what have I missed??? We just started this new thread when I left for work this morning :what:

I think I read that his errands were verified that day so, this time frame would put it at about the time Mark would have come home to :ahem: find Dylan gone.

Princess, do you have a link for this? I wasn't aware the errands had been confirmed -- do you know what they were? TIA!

WAIT. Who said it was turned "off"? Only thing I read was this:

“There’s a combination of factors,” Bender said. “There’s been the passage of time without any sightings; Dylan was not a visitor but had friends here; he has a history of staying in contact with his family and friends; and there’s been nothing on his cellphone record since he was reported missing.”
http://durangoherald.com/article/20...2/Dylan-Redwine-did-not-run-away-police-say--

Plus similar as above. I've never read it was turned "off" or "disabled", etc.

This was on the family FB FindDylan page: [ from their timeline]

http://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine

Dylan's cell phone records have been checked. And his phone activity is monitored at all times. His phone has been turned off since Sunday night.
================================================== ==

She also says the errands for dad were verified by LE.

Geesh... just when I think it's safe to step away for a couple hours you guys put major miles on this thread.... I multi-quoted too many posts and lost track of all the good comments I wanted to respond to so ........yeah. Probably for the best.

The last 24 hours have provided the most movement, imo, from what we've seen... search warrant & search of the house/vehicles, official interview, reviewing obtained video footage, ruling out potential scenarios, etc.

They're certainly moving forward... closer(?) to some answers. This hell Dylan's family is experiencing is so dreadul, yet the potential outcome is so so painful. What an unbearable place to be. Bless them with strength and hope no matter what... I'm just at a loss for words over this child :-(

Princess, do you have a link for this? I wasn't aware the errands had been confirmed -- do you know what they were? TIA!

I think Bender, while on NG, verified that MR attended two meetings that morning that were already verified by LE.

This was on the family FB FindDylan page: [ from their timeline]

http://www.facebook.com/FindMissingDylanRedwine

Dylan's cell phone records have been checked. And his phone activity is monitored at all times. His phone has been turned off since Sunday night.
================================================== ==

She also says the errands for dad were verified by LE.

Thank you. I have FB but don't read the missing FB because I find them :censored: My choice. I go by LE and when they speak ... I listen, especially my old friend Dan Bender:
http://durangoherald.com/article/20...2/Dylan-Redwine-did-not-run-away-police-say--

Ok I'm really reaching now but it could be possible some of his friends got him a pay as you go phone and he is somewhere in hiding. He did plan to go camping with his friends and didn't one article say his friends had been interviewed multiple times.

Like I said just a theory, but there are pay as you go phones and it would only take one friend to provide one.

Nahhhh I guess it doesn't make too much sense.

Well, it makes sense in that it IS a possibility...people get wrongly convicted and crimes go unsolved because sometimes all possibilities are not thoroughly investigated. A good detective follows all until it is exhausted or a dead end...and this case is way too fresh for that, IMO.

I have also thought that the dad was pushing the fishing pole. I can see it being used in one of two ways.

1. To steer the focus on waterways and fishing areas because Dylan was put into one of them and as the father, he wants his son to be found so he can have a proper burial.

2. To steer the focus on waterways and fishing areas because it is the exact opposite of where Dylan is now and if LE is looking at water areas, they won't be looking where Dylan really is.

IMO, JMO, MOO

And maybe the fishing pole really is missing. We don't know that, do we? Just because the one found wasn't Dylan's, doesn't mean that Dylan's isn't missing. For some reason Dad thinks the fishing pole is missing.

Salem

WAIT. Who said it was turned "off"? Only thing I read was this:

“There’s a combination of factors,” Bender said. “There’s been the passage of time without any sightings; Dylan was not a visitor but had friends here; he has a history of staying in contact with his family and friends; and there’s been nothing on his cellphone record since he was reported missing

Plus similar as above. I've never read it was turned "off" or "disabled", etc.

In the Nancy Grace interview:
BENDER: My understanding is -- and our investigators have checked his cell phone. Also, cell phones have GPS`s, so if they`re turned on, that gives a general location of the person. And we have been following up on those right along, and there`s been no activity on his phone whatsoever since Sunday evening sometime.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../28/ng.01.html

I don't know if the transcript is correct, I don't watch the show.

About the phone... It is quite possible that he had no service in that area. It is possible his phone was dead and maybe he forgot his charger. And I don't think it's unreasonable to think that maybe Dad made him turn it off to spend some quality time with him. I know when I get to see my daughter (who is much older than Dylan) I get quite irritated if I'm trying to spend time with her and she's constantly texting and on the phone. If she wasn't an adult I'd take it away from her :)

I'm sure this is something LE will question the Father on further. But there are other possibilities then Dad having done something to him the night before.

Thank you. I have FB but don't read the missing FB because I find them :censored: My choice. I go by LE and when they speak ... I listen, especially my old friend Dan Bender:

"Nava said he texted and called Dylan’s phone several times that day and didn’t get a reply."

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-11-25/news/35351502_1_bayfield-volunteers-vallecito-lake

IMO- this implies phone was not going directly to voicemail

We know that Dylan made it to his flight destination. Are we certain of who picked him up? Did dad say he himself picked him up or did he send someone else in his place?
Just pondering some other scenarios. Hope it hasn't already been asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc