CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal feelings.... Nobody is flat out throwing stones at the dad. We don't have answers. We have been told Dylan didn't run away, didn't get lost in the woods. The last known person to see him was his dad. Story is Dylan was picked, went to store, went to bed, couldn't be awakened in the morning, nobody could get ahold of hi
That morning, dad got back home around 11:30, and Dylan and all of his belongings he brought to his dads including his fishing pole are gone. Plus he has not been seen nor heard from again since 8:00 the night he flew in. Actually, we don't know if he was seen again after he left the airport.
I don't think anybody is outright saying the dad did or knows anything, but one would certainly think the last known person to have been with him would be questioned like heck!
I certainly hope his own father has nothing to do with his disappearance, but no stone can be left unturned! The dad should understand this.
Jmo

My mother lives in a remote area and cell phone service and 3G service is sketchy at best. Sometimes there is service, sometimes there is not. I bought a hotspot specifically for when I'm in her area and it didn't work. I could not get a satellite signal. So it's possible there was no cell service in the area he was in, neither for phone or data. JMO and experience.

Right and if Dylan knew that he would turn his phone off to save the battery.

I would urge any of my friends or family in this situation to retain an attorney before being questioned by LE. Sadly the public often sees this as some type of admission of guilt and look down on it. It's not wise not to have legal representation. If nothing else to make sure that everything LE is doing is within their rights and the law.

<snipped>

On another topic, I'm very surprised he hasn't retained an attorney. I have a relative in LE and a good friend who is a judge, and their advice to their families and friends is that "if the police ever want to talk to you, hire an attorney. You may not need it, but you should always have them sitting there for advice. Innocent or guilty."

I'm surprised too. Now granted if he retained an attorney I'm guessing some/most/a few of us might view that as fuel to the fire as to his potential involvement, just as some/most/a few might see nothing wrong with it. If I was ever in a position where an attorney was an option, I'd take it by default. That's just me. I guess there are a few reasons why someone would opt not to retain a lawyer, all of which are their choice, and in this case as long as he was offered one properly and denied then I suppose we're good to go.

Whatever else is going on, it is clear (to me, anyway) that LE seems unable to verify Dad's story.

In Jessica's case, they were pretty quick to state very clearly that her parents were both ruled out.

How close is this area to any attempted abductions or the abductions we know about?
Is it close to where Jessica Ridgeway lived?

I can't get those guys out of my mind who were trying to lure kids in their van with candy. I thought I'd read about other attempts too.

Good grief. It seems all I can do is ask questions.

this area is quite remote and far removed from Arvada. It's a massive gain in elevation over difficult roads, and is on the Southern border of CO and also further west than Co Springs/Denver/Arvada.

But there was cell activity up until 8 pm.

True, but we also know that they were on the move at some point in there, with being picked up at the airport, then going back to Vallecito. I lose cell phone about half an hour before I get up to my mom's because I'm driving through mountains. Mountains play havoc on cell phone reception unless there are towers nearby.

I take that as two separate things combined in the sentence - he has nothing to run away from and he has no one to run away from.

On another topic, I'm very surprised he hasn't retained an attorney. I have a relative in LE and a good friend who is a judge, and their advice to their families and friends is that "if the police ever want to talk to you, hire an attorney. You may not need it, but you should always have them sitting there for advice. Innocent or guilty."

Ive been told the same thing by atty friends. And also to never take a lie detector, but I would for my children.
Jmo

I am not sure that I have seen LE 'insist' he is not a POI. They said they were not 'calling' him a suspect, but they did send 15 forensic techs and a tent and trailer and several cop cars to his home yesterday, and impounded his vehicles.

And today he had a very long, in depth interview with a task force from various agencies. So their actions speak louder than words, imo.

This would happen to anyone's home who is purportedly the last - or one of the last - people to see a missing individual. The fact that he has been so cooperative in the face of such scrutiny, and not tried to hide behind an attorney or make this story somehow about himself and/or pleading innocence. is much more telling as to his frame of mind and true focus, and frankly diminishes the likelihood of intentional malice or culpability.

Right and if Dylan knew that he would turn his phone off to save the battery.

Ahh. I get it now. I remember someone posting that they may not have gotten back to the house until around 8pm or so if they stopped to grocery shop. So, if there was no cell service at his dad's it would make sense that he simply shut off his phone.

I'm surprised too. Now granted if he retained an attorney I'm guessing some/most/a few of us might view that as fuel to the fire as to his potential involvement, just as some/most/a few might see nothing wrong with it. If I was ever in a position where an attorney was an option, I'd take it by default. That's just me. I guess there are a few reasons why someone would opt not to retain a lawyer, all of which are their choice, and in this case as long as he was offered one properly and denied then I suppose we're good to go.

As you cited though, the court of public opinion seems to deem persons guilty if they get an attorney. Look at John and Patsy Ramsey. From the moment they started talking through an attorney, they were guilty of murdering JonBenet or covering up for Burke.

Protected as in ...?? Trying to understand?
IIRC, if an atty knows his/her client is guilty, I think the only action they are allowed to pursue at that point is the best plea bargain possible?
Its one thing to defend someone who is presumed innocent until proven guilty. But if someone confesses they are guilty, how else could they proceed?

The few cases I recall from many years ago, the case will go to the sentencing phase quickly?
Terri Schunick's case might be a good avenue of info regarding that, since her killer confessed.

The admission is covered by attorney-client privilege and the attorney cannot call the police on the client. The attorney also can't advise the client to break the law. So if the client says "I killed someone," the attorney should advise him/her to turn themselves in, but can't call the cops on him/her.

Perhaps you are right but what if he hadn't powered it up yet and was planning to do so when he got down the road aways but then something happened? That is possible and I'm just saying I'm not ready to point fingers. Yet. Just trying to offer up varying theories in hope Dylan can be found.

Also, I am not familiar with the area...but is there phone service in his area? At my house we are so remote that once you go fifty feet from the house there is no coverage. If that's the case then Dylan wouldn't have wasted time turning his phone on. And while inside he may have just been in a hurry.

but according to D's friends, he was supposed to get a ride from dad early that morning. But dad says D was asleep and 'out like a light' so he went to town without him.

When D woke up, and realized he had overslept and missed his ride, he could have used the landline. Why didn't he call his friends who were waiting for
him and tell them he was on the way?

And I don't see why he would be in too much of a hurry to call and see if he could get a ride from someone else. And why didnt he call his dad's cell? And ask when he was coming back to give him a ride?

HESS: I think that -- I don`t believe that Dylan ran away. I don`t -- I don`t really know what happened to Dylan, I can`t point the finger in any direction at this point. But I do know this community, I know there`s one way in that lake and one way out of that lake. And I just don`t -- I don`t know. I don`t know how to answer that question. I just know that all of us that are very close to Dylan know that he would not run away.

We all know in our hearts that he would not run away. We all feel like he would have contacted his friends in the morning. If he overslept, then those teenagers sometimes do, he would`ve called his friends and asked his friends to have their moms come and get him or something. We just don`t know. It`s just -- it`s very odd to all of us that he vanished and we just don`t know.

IMO the above statement(specific emphasis on what's BBM) is clear and not murky in the least as to just exactly when and tho, not of course detail specific, the who that they believe KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT happened to Dylan..jmo..and again these are those who are closest with Dylan.

Important Changes to the discussion :

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. To be clear, the victim in any case we cover is the victim (missing and/or deceased child and/or adult). Dylan Redwine is missing and he is our victim.

We are going to open discussion on Dylan's father Mark Redwine although he has not been named a person of interest. The discussion however must have one foot in what is known in media reports and does not include sleuthing of property records, divorce records, etc. More often than not, we are finding that LE is reluctant to name a POI unless and until an arrest is imminent. However, the actions of LE may often times speak louder than words and for this reason, we are now going to allow speculation about Dylan's father.

Any questions or concerns with the above? Please personal message a moderator or administrator.

These are the rules for discussing the father at this time. If you have questions you can pm a Mod, please don't discuss it on this thread. This thread is for Dylan.

but according to D's friends, he was supposed to get a ride from dad early that morning. But dad says D was asleep and 'out like a light' so he went to town without him.

When D woke up, and realized he had overslept and missed his ride, he could have used the landline. Why didn't he call his friends who were waiting for
him and tell them he was on the way?

And I don't see why he would be in too much of a hurry to call and see if he could get a ride from someone else. And why didnt he call his dad's cell? And ask when he was coming back to give him a ride?

He may not have called because he didn't have their numbers memorized. There isn't a need to memorize numbers anymore because they can be stored in your cell phone, and all you have to do is select the persons name to call them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member