CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has given up. Searches are still going on. The past couple weeks the family hasn't searched because they wanted to be with Oma. LE is still searching areas. They are not saying which areas they are searching.

IMO

As I understand it, they've been busy burying Dylan's grandmother.

Many of the Vallecito locals have informal searches every weekend, particularly since the thaw.

You guys seem to have a source for information about LE and citizens searching for Dylan. I haven't seen anything in MSM. Anything new happening? If there is, why isn't MSM giving it any coverage? They did when LE was at the lake last month.

You guys seem to have a source for information about LE and citizens searching for Dylan. I haven't seen anything in MSM. Anything new happening? If there is, why isn't MSM giving it any coverage? They did when LE was at the lake last month.

It isnt in MSN. My source is my family (Dylan's family) and good friends that are down there. The searches are not being announced to the public before hand. If something bigger happens like with them pumping out part of the lake then MSN finds out. They are not going to cover every search unfortunately.

FindDylan is correct: sources are family and friends and emails and FB pages. Wendy from K-9 Forensics is due back on the 25th-26th (providing schedules work out for her). Given the amount of controversy surrounding her dogs and their certifications or lack thereof, I almost hate to post that but it was announced on the K-9 Forensics page. Any search is a good search IMO. In MSM if it bleeds, it leads. Dylan was lucky to pick up a little coverage from the Cleveland spillover.

It isnt in MSN. My source is my family (Dylan's family) and good friends that are down there. The searches are not being announced to the public before hand. If something bigger happens like with them pumping out part of the lake then MSN finds out. They are not going to cover every search unfortunately.
Your a member of Dylan's family? <modsnip> So the family is not notifying MSM of searches? Or is LE telling the family to keep it quite? I would think that everyone would want as much media coverage of the search for Dylan as possible. I'm not understanding why they would want to keep things quite.

FindDylan is correct: sources are family and friends and emails and FB pages. Wendy from K-9 Forensics is due back on the 25th-26th (providing schedules work out for her). Given the amount of controversy surrounding her dogs and their certifications or lack thereof, I almost hate to post that but it was announced on the K-9 Forensics page. Any search is a good search IMO. In MSM if it bleeds, it leads. Dylan was lucky to pick up a little coverage from the Cleveland spillover.
So you think the reason that MSM is not covering these searches is because it's considered "old" news? That's a shame. I think that more pressure from Dylan's family and friends via social media should be brought to bear on these MSM outlets to get Dylan back in the news. MOO.

So you think the reason that MSM is not covering these searches is because it's considered "old" news? That's a shame. I think that more pressure from Dylan's family and friends via social media should be brought to bear on these MSM outlets to get Dylan back in the news. MOO.

We see the media reports slow down after a few months in most unsolved cases. They move on to new stories and only revisit the older ones if there is new information or a break in the case.

Can anyone suggest ideas of how Dylans family and friends can get Dylan back in the news?

Ultimately the media decide what they want to print or do stories about, the family and friends can only try, it is up to the media.

I wonder what soon means? She knows that she'll be in Washington next month. So that leaves the next two weeks of May that she's unsure of for some reason. I don't get why she doesn't know when she's available in the short term. MOO.

at a guess I'd say its because the logistics need to be worked out ie travel, accommodation and availability of other handlers maybe.

We see the media reports slow down after a few months in most unsolved cases. They move on to new stories and only revisit the older ones if there is new information or a break in the case.

Can anyone suggest ideas of how Dylans family and friends can get Dylan back in the news?

Ultimately the media decide what they want to print or do stories about, the family and friends can only try, it is up to the media.

I thought that social media is the new way of getting things done. I admit that I know little about it but aren't there more talented people than myself out there that can use social media to jump start things into getting more MSM coverage in this case?

Or is social media just like MSM and when things get old they die and disappear?

at a guess I'd say its because the logistics need to be worked out ie travel, accommodation and availability of other handlers maybe.

I guess I wasn't clear. I would think that she should know her most recent itinerary because it takes time to plan the things you mention. In other words, why does she not know whats happening next week but she knows whats happening next month? Seems to be assbackwards to me.

I thought that social media is the new way of getting things done. I admit that I know little about it but aren't there more talented people than myself out there that can use social media to jump start things into getting more MSM coverage in this case?

Or is social media just like MSM and when things get old they die and disappear?

social media plays a part in getting things done, but ultimately it is up to the media if they will print or do stories.

Considering that Dylans maternal family are currently grieving the loss of Oma wouldn't it be nice if Dylans paternal family were seen to be doing something to try and find Dylan.

I guess I wasn't clear. I would think that she should know her most recent itinerary because it takes time to plan the things you mention. In other words, why does she not know whats happening next week but she knows whats happening next month? Seems to be assbackwards to me.

maybe she is waiting for confirmation of tentative arrangements. Some things may be planned well in advance and other things might be last minute arrangements.

social media plays a part in getting things done, but ultimately it is up to the media if they will print or do stories.

Considering that Dylans maternal family are currently grieving the loss of Oma wouldn't it be nice if Dylans paternal family were seen to be doing something to try and find Dylan.
We have heard from Dylan's paternal side in MSM recently and I take that as being something good.

I would hope that Dylan's family wouldn't take sides and just work on getting Dylan's name out in the MSM no matter what it takes. He just needs to be found . MOO.

maybe she is waiting for confirmation of tentative arrangements. Some things may be planned well in advance and other things might be last minute arrangements.

Or, maybe she's not very well organized. Hey, she could have well trained dogs and her results are great when in the field, but that doesn't mean she's well organized.

That could become a problem if she has to testify in court. MOO.

We have heard from Dylan's paternal side in MSM recently and I take that as being something good.

I would hope that Dylan's family wouldn't take sides and just work on getting Dylan's name out in the MSM no matter what it takes. He just needs to be found . MOO.

we have? I must have missed that, could you provide a link to it please.

The only thing I've seen was the 'renewed hope for redwine' piece, and that didn't appear to be about getting Dylans name out there at all, his name wasn't mentioned once by MR.

Yes it would be nice, but it appears that work on getting Dylans name out there is pretty much a one sided effort IMO.

Or, maybe she's not very well organized. Hey, she could have well trained dogs and her results are great when in the field, but that doesn't mean she's well organized.

That could become a problem if she has to testify in court. MOO.

she could be waiting on other people arranging things or she could be tenative with dates because she doesn't want to be followed again like she was last time.

IMO its a big stretch to assume that she is not organised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx