CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me pose a long shot question. A very long shot. In the unlikely event someone took Dylan to hide him but never intended for this long, how could they "unwind" this without spending many many years in prison? Is it possible the Perp never intended this to go on for this long but doesn't know how to resolve this without severe penalty? Would the DA consider a plea bargin in Exchange for the safe return of Dylan?

IMO, no the DA would not consider a plea bargin in exchange, they can't give a get out of jail free card with an I'm sorry from the criminal. I know you weren't saying get out jail free, I'm using that as an example. The charges would be the charges, they could recommend/request a lighter sentence but the crime is the crime. I'm sure that there are many statutes that cross over to other statutes. But in this case, I'm clueless on what those would be. Suggestions?

If anyone took Dylan, for whatever reason, who is not a custodial parent, the charge should should be kidnapping, as far as I know.

I don't 'want' MR to be guilty. I am just afraid that he is.

No one needs to twist his words,imo. They just come out in a strange twisted way, like a chopped word salad. JMO

BBM not making light of a situation but we could all use a touch of humor now and then..... I picture MR throwing a dictionary into a blender and just reading it as it pours out ! :)

I just read about a body being found in Otero County, near Swink CO (approx 5 hrs from Bayfield). Investigation at the scene, and body taken to Colorado Springs coroner-- no description will be given until after the autopsy. Cant link article on this notebook, google Otero County body.

If the body was that of child, or even possibly a child, I hope an autopsy would take place right away...

I have not been posting, as I just don't have anything to add. But I still follow and pray for Dylan and everyone who loves him and holds him dear.

There is one thing I just feel like commenting on. I often hear people say for a person to be held captive or to be a victim of sex trafficking is a fate worse than death. I know what people mean, and I know it comes from a place of deep compassion and horror at what that experience must be like. But I also think about so many victims around the world of intense, horrific circumstances who have SURVIVED. I volunteered in Bosnia during the war where women and girls were held captive and raped repeatedly. I think of people who survived the Holocaust and other genocides. There is something so courageous and indefatigable about the human spirit and the will to survive.

I guess I also worry sometimes or feel uncomfortable about the idea that a person may be better off dead than to have experienced trauma, even atrocity and survived. I know people don't mean that at all but I wonder if it plays into survivors feelings of being permanently damaged--especially in sex abuse cases where children may feel like they are permanently tainted for the rest of their lives. This was a big deal in Bosnia where because of cultural issues many women and girls were considered "dishonored" or "ruined" . That's not so much an issue here in the U.S., but I wonder if we subconsciously kind of think in a similar way. I had a pediatrician who went on to be a forensic doc in child sex abuse cases. She said one of the things she did was try to empower children by saying "you are going to be OK. You are going to heal." She didn't mean it in a cliched, cavalier way--she meant it as hope.

I'm not meaning to be disparaging or criticize anyone for their point of view. I just wanted to throw it out there as another perspective. I've just seen it a lot and wanted to express what I was thinking. I hope I don't make anyone feel bad, as again, I do understand what people mean. JMO

BBM

I know this post is from over a week ago, however I needed to say "Thank you". I agree with all you have said above. Thanks for your work in helping those women and girls in Bosnia as well - it's horrifying what those people went through.

There are still so many out there in our society that blame the victim in so many ways when bad things like this happened. I think it's mostly fear on the part of those who say such things like; "she should've known better than to drink", or "she should've been wearing something else", etc... I don't think they can accept the fact that there really are people in our world who set out to harm others. Knowing that the victims really didn't do anything wrong would make the person acknowledge that bad things happen to good people - and can even happen to you, or someone else you love.

Hope - such a powerful strong emotion for any survivor. I will also add that as a survivor, and as the mother of two survivors reassuring the child that everything WILL be OK, and their life doesn't have to revolve around what happened is the MOST important thing to get through to these children. There is already so much shame associated with so much of it that having older people reassure you that there is nothing "wrong" with you - despite what you may have gone through really, really helps.

One more quick thing to share - I actually had to drop out of psych 101 in college due to not being able to deal with what the book had to say about victims of childhood abuse (particularly sexual abuse). The things taught in some of the psych classes paint a very negative picture of all victims - talking about the worst of the worst cases, particularly those who never recover, or go on to abuse others. At my age at the time 19 - I wasn't ready to deal with some of it, and just ended up dropping the class instead. I wonder how many "silent" victims come across this type of information - whether in a class, or hearing it in the media, etc... and decide at that point to /never/ get help (if they need it), or /never/ admit anything happened due to assumptions that everyone will think that /you/ will turn into your abuser.

So, I guess in summary, I do think that here in the US still have the same problems in regard to seeing victims as "forever changed", "ruined", "will always be less than"... etc... It's not so much out in the open anymore - those sentiments of others, and I think that's due to the fact that assault and abuse issues are talked about more publicly now, and there has been a lot done to address the issue of victim shaming especially. However, what people say, and what they think to themselves are sometimes two different things.

Anyway, thanks again for your post - sorry this is such a late-coming reply, and O/T.

I believe the perps led LE to her body, at least that is what is being said. Not sure she would have been found otherwise.

That is correct...after 10 months if pressure by LE that was not made public. So there could be lots going on in Dylan's case we are unsure of. JMO

It is just horrible that parents of other missing children have to be hopeful that their child too is being raped, abused, assaulted like the three women, in order to have some kind of hope that they may be found alive. I guess they have to cling to something, but the way some articles and quotes seemed to be worded this week, it seemed as though a lot of the public felt hopeful for other kids due to this horrific rescue. I know being alive is the bottom line, but I cannot hope that Kyron, Dylan, and others are enduring this type of situation and see it as something to hang onto.

Also there is the fear that when the child gets past the age the predator prefers, he or she will be killed, as they won't simply release them, IMO.

I think it was the phrase "positive outcome" that got to me. Maybe if they had said "best possible under the circumstances" it would not have struck me so. But in any case, it is just my opinion and my feelings. As I said yesterday, I do not think I would be one of the survivors who could get past such an ordeal. But I do hope these women can do so.

I understand exactly what you are saying here. Now, not that I want you to ever find out, but I'd bet you're a lot stronger than you can imagine... Many people are a lot stronger than they can imagine. What a person can survive and heal from is pretty incredible.

[And when I say heal, not a day will go by that the events will not be thought about, some will have to deal with PTSD I'm positive - however, with time it gets easier, as long as you have support and compassion of those who love you standing by you, and you remember there IS a light at the end of the tunnel - even though the tunnel is very long. It comes to a point of "acceptance" of what happened, working through the feelings you couldn't express at the time the events happened, and recognizing when your reactions in future scenarios are impacted by past events. It will be extremely challenging for these girls no matter what, but I have faith that with the right help they will eventually be OK. The nightmare is over, but it's learning to accept it, and not second-guess themselves now that is going to be the hard part.]

I mapped the location of that found body and it's extreme deserted .......

Please ........ don't be him.

Yes, but there are a couple of houses not too far away. Looks like farm land.

ETA: Here is also a street view looking north east. That looks like the most likely place to find a body.

Attachments

• County Road 24 and County Road Z otero co .png
    County Road 24 and County Road Z otero co .png
    645.8 KB · Views: 27
  • County Road 24 and County Road Z otero coStreet.png
    County Road 24 and County Road Z otero coStreet.png
    1 MB · Views: 27
Can someone post the link to Dylan's candle page?
I would like to light a HOPE for Dylan candle. tia

I understand exactly what you are saying here. Now, not that I want you to ever find out, but I'd bet you're a lot stronger than you can imagine... Many people are a lot stronger than they can imagine. What a person can survive and heal from is pretty incredible.

[And when I say heal, not a day will go by that the events will not be thought about, some will have to deal with PTSD I'm positive - however, with time it gets easier, as long as you have support and compassion of those who love you standing by you, and you remember there IS a light at the end of the tunnel - even though the tunnel is very long. It comes to a point of "acceptance" of what happened, working through the feelings you couldn't express at the time the events happened, and recognizing when your reactions in future scenarios are impacted by past events. It will be extremely challenging for these girls no matter what, but I have faith that with the right help they will eventually be OK. The nightmare is over, but it's learning to accept it, and not second-guess themselves now that is going to be the hard part.]

The thanks button just wasn't enough. :)

There are several people missing in Colorado now - I tend to agree that if they found a child there'd be no delay on the initial reports, at least. I'm afraid this is one of the young women, Kelsie or Kara or perhaps Leanne "Annie" Meyer. :(

Still carrying hope for Dylan.

There are several people missing in Colorado now - I tend to agree that if they found a child there'd be no delay on the initial reports, at least. I'm afraid this is one of the young women, Kelsie or Kara or perhaps Leanne "Annie" Meyer. :(

Still carrying hope for Dylan.
BBM: Yes, that is most likely, especially since Kelsie was last seen in Pueblo, and Kara is from Colorado Springs.

I don't feel like it is him, for some reason. I don't think he is that far away. I am thinking he is closer to home. :frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx