Not open for further replies.
mijamawi

understand your position

not sure why I was quoted as I did not offer an opinion of MR statements

only that I would be curious of what the professionals would say

it's all good...

:seeya:

I didn't say you offered an opinion.

You asked what professionals would think.

I offered MY opinion. I'm not a professional. I took your what would professionals think as rhetorical since we have none here. :seeya:

Being that most of us (I presume) cannot physically get out and search for Dylan, discussion of what information is released is all we have!
JMO. ;)

Who's "us"?
I DID twice. :seeya: <Mod Snip>:seeya: I did because I live close and because I could.

First time: On the weekend of his disappearance:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9039486&postcount=33"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO - Dylan Redwine missing from Vallecito ***SEARCH DISCUSSION ONLY[/ame]
take it for what it's worth..........

I also searched on Dec 8th. "Most/some" here know about that and won't bother posting links to that.

I am the only one here (that posts) that EVER searched for Dylan. I don't want a cookie for doing that or thanks or anything else.

I just want the facts and EVIDENCE to convict the person that harmed Dylan or bring Dylan home .......either/or. That's all I want.

How many FOUND DECEASED do we read every day here?

The FOUND SAFE are usually found within days
and are usually runaways.

The longer they are missing the worse it looks unfortunately!
You know that as well as the rest of us.

JMO

You are aware that WS does not have threads for every missing case in the country here, aren't you? It's quite possible that there are thousands of cases that never make it on to these forums. Who knows how all of them turned out, if we never hear about them to start with?

I have read on several other forums and see cases that I have not found here, and some here that are not on other forums. Some cases that are local to my area, I have not found anywhere on the net.

I do agree that the longer a person is missing, the less chance there is of finding them alive. That still does not mean one has to give up hope that they will be, though.

I thank anyone who has genuinely helped in the search for Dylan, whether thats been by way of searching, putting flyers up, supporting Dylans family, searching for information etc, because all of those efforts count, regardless of how small they might seem to some.

I am still shocked that there is no new news and that my fears of the person who did this getting away with this may come true :(

The pain for Elaine most get worse each day as the more time that passes the more people forget and simply move on :(

This is one heated discussion at times, I was a little hesitant to post. It is a testament to how much people here truly care about Dylan. Many WS posters continue to persist and work hard in finding answers, that's heartwarming. If this was my child, I would be so thankful for all the concerted efforts. Especially, as some parents struggle to fight for any assistance (from LE, the community or otherwise) or media attention when their own child goes missing.

It is a captivating and mind-boggling case.

I am really really sad Dylan is still missing, it was one of the first cases I was following every day before I joined WS. I am always checking for updates but it is really disheartening to see there has been no new developments in potentially locating him.

:(

This is one heated discussion at times, I was a little hesitant to post. It is a testament to how much people here truly care about Dylan. Many WS posters continue to persist and work hard in finding answers, that's heartwarming. If this was my child, I would be so thankful for all the concerted efforts. Especially, as some parents struggle to fight for any assistance (from LE, the community or otherwise) or media attention when their own child goes missing.

It is a captivating and mind-blogging case.

I am really really sad Dylan is still missing, it was one of the first cases I was following every day before I joined WS. I am always checking for updates but it is really disheartening to see there has been no new developments in potentially locating him.

:(

When i started to post in here i was always on here and hoping for news but it got to the point where news dried up and you can only go in circles so many times before you walk away.

I have just been on holiday in Hawaii and on the way home on the map plane i saw Colorado and thought of Dylan and decided to check to see if anything new was happening and it seems that nothing is. I can not believe that he has simply vanished without leaving some clues unless that person has one hell of a clean up period of time and IMO only one person had that opportunity.

When i started to post in here i was always on here and hoping for news but it got to the point where news dried up and you can only go in circles so many times before you walk away.

I have just been on holiday in Hawaii and on the way home on the map plane i saw Colorado and thought of Dylan and decided to check to see if anything new was happening and it seems that nothing is. I can not believe that he has simply vanished without leaving some clues unless that person has one hell of a clean up period of time and IMO only one person had that opportunity.

I agree. At one stage, this case was moving very fast it was a bit hard to keep up but it is now stagnant (not the discussion aspect but the case details). It's very tough to keep at it, there will always be a fresh new case which will divert attention away from this one.

I have the same feeling for Terrilynn Monette, information starts to dry up and you just feel like you have nothing beneficial to contribute but you still keep reading. So could not imagine how the families feel when they feel like are going around in circles and there is no new leads or information and just feeling so lost and hopeless at times. People start to bicker because they are understandably beyond frustrated, tired and upset.

As we pass the 6th month mark, thinking of Dylan and all those who love and miss him dearly, more than ever. :rose:

I made an appointment this week for the end of August and remember thinking about whether or not we would know any more about Dylan then, than we do now...and deciding we probably wouldn't. But that is just my cynicism from following too many unsolved cases and hope I am wrong.

Still, never hearing from LE in this and other cases is so depressing. People carry on with their lives and pretty much forget about what does not touch them personally, or they assume the person has been found. I know Kaine Horman was shocked when he was doing various awareness-raising programs at malls, etc. to learn that many people thought Kyron had been found long ago, since he was almost completely out of the news. And it will be three years next weekend.

I think he has been found?

I have not seen that - it is still showing on the National Amber Alert page - are you sure? sure would make me feel better:please:

Edit to add: They are posting minute by minute news that there is a manhunt for the dad and son.

It is the same one. I'm in Denver so I saw this on the front page of the paper right after it happened:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179412&page=3

Thanks so much, Coldhands!
Yeah I saw this was not the first time the father has taken the son. Evidently the first time, he still had joint custody. But this time, he was being restrained from the mother and his son.

I hope a new thread can be started because it's confusing looking at a thread from a prior case.

We don't know what attempts may have been made to try to get more media for Dylan.

As far as the official page, a post made an hour ago already has almost 200 acknowledgments, so people are still watching the page. There just is not much to say.

We don't know what attempts may have been made to try to get more media for Dylan.

As far as the official page, a post made an hour ago already has almost 200 acknowledgments, so people are still watching the page. There just is not much to say.

Yeah, I guess you're right. <modsnip>. :(

Yeah, I guess you're right. <modsnip>. :(

Dylans flyer is the header on the page, if you click on that you can share from that. I think the majority of people know how to access the flyer to share.

also shares occur long after a flyer is posted. for example there was a flyer posted in early March, people were still sharing that flyer at the end of April. that post alone had over 4400 shares. another post from April 10th had over 11,200 shares, people are still sharing it now in late May.

Dylans flyer is the header on the page, if you click on that you can share from that. I think the majority of people know how to access the flyer to share.

also shares occur long after a flyer is posted. for example there was a flyer posted in early March, people were still sharing that flyer at the end of April. that post alone had over 4400 shares. another post from April 10th had over 11,200 shares, people are still sharing it now in late May.

Hmm, I had no idea you could click on that top picture. Good to know. I've seen some pages where they have a "sticky" post that always stays on top. I think FMDR needs to do that. Not everyone is well versed in FB. <modsnip>. :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx