CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It still seems so odd to me that originally Elaine said his last text was sent at 8 PM. I would think she had his cell log from her phone company or could see it online.

So why didn't she see the 9:37 pm text at that time? Or did she, but never mentioned it for some reason?

I still don't think DR texted an outgoing message after 8ish PM. His phone may have received a text, or pinged a tower, but I don't believe he texted anyone past 8PM. "electronic communication" is extremely vague and can be simply the phone and it's cell signal making a communication. I think it means the phone no longer registered anywhere after 9:37PM.
and I believe that means MR had the phone between 8-9:30 and disposed of it at 9:37 or soon after. I think that's why the info about that "communication" came out later - to let MR know that they tracked the phone for over an hour after DR's last texts stopped suddenly. I think it was meant to push MR's hand. and that they could track the phone's location and MR's location to prove he and the phone were in the same place.

Bringing this over from the closed thread:

"I would think that on land, if there was anything there, the vultures would have found it already and alerted LE in their own way. JMO"

I addressed our "soaring ballerinas" aka Vultures here:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9072289&postcount=83"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO - Dylan Redwine missing from Vallecito ***SEARCH DISCUSSION ONLY***[/ame]

They haven't been around, until just recently, with the return of spring. They had already migrated south by the time Dylan was reported missing.

I hated to even bring that up. UGH. :(

I absolutely believe they have everything they need except Dylan. It's very hard to convict for murder without a body. Possible, but a long shot. I think they want to get him on every possible charge and not just get him on something lesser. They've said for a while they have everything except one thing to tie it all together - Dylan IMO.

I am not sure I believe this. If Dylan is found, it may depend where he is found, as to whether the location can be linked to a suspect. Also, if Dylan is found dead, but no cause or manner of death can be determined, that would make it difficult to proceed, since he is old enough to have either walked or taken a ride, theoretically.

LE often says they are "one clue away". They said that in Holly Bobo's case over two years ago.

I wonder if an arrest will come soon in either Hailey or Katelyn's cases; many people felt they only needed to find their bodies to make arrests. But we do not know if cause of death can be determined in either of these cases, or if the locations have been linked to POI's.

I still don't think DR texted an outgoing message after 8ish PM. His phone may have received a text, or pinged a tower, but I don't believe he texted anyone past 8PM. "electronic communication" is extremely vague and can be simply the phone and it's cell signal making a communication. I think it means the phone no longer registered anywhere after 9:37PM.
and I believe that means MR had the phone between 8-9:30 and disposed of it at 9:37 or soon after. I think that's why the info about that "communication" came out later - to let MR know that they tracked the phone for over an hour after DR's last texts stopped suddenly. I think it was meant to push MR's hand. and that they could track the phone's location and MR's location to prove he and the phone were in the same place.

wow. I sure hope so. I just cannot understand how Elaine would say 8 pm, if there was evidence he sent a text at 9:37. I helped my friend when her 15 yr old girl ran away. She was found safely, but we got her cell records online, and no way that my friend would have mistaken the last text she sent.

Gene Ralston, a member of the team that did the search, said he is '95 percent sure ' that there was no body in the two areas they searched.

'There's always a chance that he is there and that we missed him, ' Ralston said.

The areas searched were along the dam and outlet and near a stump where human remains were detected by dogs.

The lake, he said, was not particularly difficult to search.

'The bottom is really clean, except for the occasional stump and woody debris. For the most part, it is very clean, ' Ralston said.

Ralston said the team is not expecting to return unless new clues indicate other areas of the lake in which a body might be found.

But he urged the local group not to give up.

'Obviously they need to keep searching, ' he said. 'I think everything points to him not being alive anymore and his body being somewhere. My guess is he's probably on land.

http://gazette.com/lake-search-yields-no-clues-to-missing-monument-boy/article/1500114

Morning Dylan :)
So you know how on google maps, since we mostly look around our own area when you go to it , it starts out with your local area, as opposed to a map of the whole country ? I'm just waiting for the day I go to google maps and it opens up in Durango area ,,,,,,,,,because I've gone there so many times.

Gene Ralston, a member of the team that did the search, said he is '95 percent sure ' that there was no body in the two areas they searched.

'There's always a chance that he is there and that we missed him, ' Ralston said.

The areas searched were along the dam and outlet and near a stump where human remains were detected by dogs.

'The bottom is really clean, except for the occasional stump and woody debris. For the most part, it is very clean, ' Ralston said.

Ralston said the team is not expecting to return unless new clues indicate other areas of the lake in which a body might be found.

'Obviously they need to keep searching, ' he said. 'I think everything points to him not being alive anymore and his body being somewhere. My guess is he's probably on land.

http://gazette.com/lake-search-yields-no-clues-to-missing-monument-boy/article/1500114

Wow, important statement IMO coming from such a respected search team. Where is Dylan?

I think that if LE wanted to they could have used the ping information from Mark's own phone to show that he was lying and confront him with that information face to face during an interview.

Saying in a press release that Dylan's last text was at 9:37 wouldn't put near the pressure on him that an "in your face" verbal thrashing LE could have done in they had evidence of Mark lying. MOO.

Morning Dylan :)
So you know how on google maps, since we mostly look around our own area when you go to it , it starts out with your local area, as opposed to a map of the whole country ? I'm just waiting for the day I go to google maps and it opens up in Durango area ,,,,,,,,,because I've gone there so many times.

ha ha ha- my weather page lists vallecito right next to las vegas; I now know more about the history, construction and topography of Vallecito Reservoir than I do about Hoover Dam which is in my backyard; and if I never ever ever mapquest anything in the four courners area again I will be a happy camper. Be even happier if we could find Dylan too.

This is just my opinion but if LE whats to keep evidence from the public they tell reporters that they can't comment on it. They don't lie about it. MOO.

In my opinion, LE will say whatever is needed to be said to protect evidence in an open investigation. LE has the experience of knowing how their communication can be misconstrued. Even saying 'no comment' can lead people to believe there is something more to the question being answered. I prefer to use the word mislead instead of lie because I believe if LE is misleading the public it is only because they're (in this case) trying to find a missing child.

In my opinion, LE will say whatever is needed to be said to protect evidence in an open investigation. LE has the experience of knowing how their communication can be misconstrued. Even saying 'no comment' can lead people to believe there is something more to the question being answered. I prefer to use the word mislead instead of lie because I believe if LE is misleading the public it is only because they're (in this case) trying to find a missing child.
What purpose would LE have in "misleading" the public by telling MB that the 9:37 text was from Dylan's phone vs his I Pod?

This reminds me of what LE said a while back after they searched the lake. While it may not be word for word, but they searched it, didn't feel Dylan was there and said they would only revisit it if new leads took them back there.

What purpose would LE have in "misleading" the public by telling MB that the 9:37 text was from Dylan's phone vs his I Pod?
I, personally, am not sure LE DID actually say "phone". If LE said the last message was a text, most people assume phone, and they assume that person's phone. My last electronic communication last night was a text, from a phone, but it wasn't mine. Because my phone's battery had died so dead, I would have had to wait 15 minutes to get enough charge to use it even with the charger attached. Some phones are like that, definitely not all. My experiences make me think differently than some.

ETA: IF MB misunderstood LE, and LE chose not to correct her, that is simply omission, which can be misleading. Not saying that happened here. Only that, to me, it is a possibility until I see a copy of an email from LE to MB with the words "Dylan's phone" was where the last electronic communication came from. I don't choose to rule anything completely out until I see otherwise.

wow. I sure hope so. I just cannot understand how Elaine would say 8 pm, if there was evidence he sent a text at 9:37. I helped my friend when her 15 yr old girl ran away. She was found safely, but we got her cell records online, and no way that my friend would have mistaken the last text she sent.

Perhaps earlier ER was asked not to mention communication after 8 PM because it was still a point they were investigating. IIRC Ayla Reynold's grandmother was asked for a period of time not to publicly inform people she was not home the night Ayla went missing. Later LE told her it was okay to mention it. The only reasoning I can have for why they did this was to either catch someone in a lie or because it was for some other further investigative purposes that I was not aware of.

I think that if LE wanted to they could have used the ping information from Mark's own phone to show that he was lying and confront him with that information face to face during an interview.

Saying in a press release that Dylan's last text was at 9:37 wouldn't put near the pressure on him that an "in your face" verbal thrashing LE could have done in they had evidence of Mark lying. MOO.

Also if they really wanted to put pressure on him, they could easily openly name him a POI in the case, IMO. Especially if his stories didn't really add up, like where he was on the 19th, or if he claims he called/texted Dylan but didn't.

I, personally, am not sure LE DID actually say "phone". If LE said the last message was a text, most people assume phone, and they assume that person's phone. My last electronic communication last night was a text, from a phone, but it wasn't mine. Because my phone's battery had died so dead, I would have had to wait 15 minutes to get enough charge to use it even with the charger attached. Some phones are like that, definitely not all. My experiences make me think differently than some.

ETA: IF MB misunderstood LE, and LE chose not to correct her, that is simply omission, which can be misleading. Not saying that happened here. Only that, to me, it is a possibility until I see a copy of an email from LE to MB with the words "Dylan's phone" was where the last electronic communication came from. I don't choose to rule anything completely out until I see otherwise.
I agree that we won't know for sure if it was the phone or the I Pod that was used to make the last text unless LE tells us directly. At the same time, I find it hard to believe that both MB and Elaine are misunderstanding what device was used. MOO.

Bringing this over from the closed thread:

"I would think that on land, if there was anything there, the vultures would have found it already and alerted LE in their own way. JMO"

I addressed our "soaring ballerinas" aka Vultures here:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO - Dylan Redwine missing from Vallecito ***SEARCH DISCUSSION ONLY***

They haven't been around, until just recently, with the return of spring. They had already migrated south by the time Dylan was reported missing.

I hated to even bring that up. UGH. :(
Sorry to ask, but would the vultures still be interested if there was anything that had already been picked clean by other scavengers? Would they still look? And do vultures go for leftover packaged type food, say if there was something in a backpack that only recently was exposed?

I agree that we won't know for sure if it was the phone or the I Pod that was used to make the last text unless LE tells us directly. At the same time, I find it hard to believe that both MB and Elaine are misunderstanding what device was used. MOO.
I understand. I didn't read Elaine's statement on Dr. Phil that way (as in she thought the message came from the phone, only that there were no messages from the phone AFTER the 9:37 text), though, so I'm going with I'm not sure about MB. Your mileage may vary. :)

Any news about Dylan? We are having another snowstorm here in the Denver area, in May!

In my opinion, if an iPod was used, it is very possible LE did not want the perp to know that a message had been sent via an iPod. Maybe they want the perp to worry a little about where the "electronic communication" came from? Heck, the 9:37 "electronic communication" may not even exist at all. LE has all sorts of methods/techniques they use to try and put pressure on a perp to make them sweat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx