CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, if an iPod was used, it is very possible LE did not want the perp to know that a message had been sent via an iPod. Maybe they want the perp to worry a little about where the "electronic communication" came from? Heck, the 9:37 "electronic communication" may not even exist at all. LE has all sorts of methods/techniques they use to try and put pressure on a perp to make them sweat.

Going on this, if that was LE's tactic, I don't think I(if I were LE) would limit it by saying electronic communication, I think I would let it be inclusive, as there are other ways of leaving messages about being in distress. People can be innovative in times of need. Plus if you leave it wide open it gives their imagination more room to run with, "what else could they possibly have?" It would really get them all paranoid and usually paranoia will drive even the most organized person into a state of panic and frenzy.

If LE noticed, the way I noticed the varying accounts from MR about the activities and timelines of that evening, I can see them adding the 9:37 text just to see if the story would change again! And actually it did sort of seem like MR suddenly alluded to the additional text, once it came out on the press release. MOO

I'm sorry I am not able to get the text up from the MB interview because my download viewer got disabled - but it's MR's language about how 'Dylan was over there texting, or playing a game or something.' (paraphrasing) This is as he's going over the timeline of what transpired that evening. Does anyone know if that interview was soon after the press release?

If LE noticed, the way I noticed the varying accounts from MR about the activities and timelines of that evening, I can see them adding the 9:37 text just to see if the story would change again! And actually it did sort of seem like MR suddenly alluded to the additional text, once it came out on the press release. MOO

I'm sorry I am not able to get the text up from the MB interview because my download viewer got disabled - but it's MR's language about how 'Dylan was over there texting, or playing a game or something.' (paraphrasing) This is as he's going over the timeline of what transpired that evening. Does anyone know if that interview was soon after the press release?

Someone asked M Blasius on twitter about when the interviews took place, and although they were published after the 9:37 LE press release, they took place before.

Any news about Dylan? We are having another snowstorm here in the Denver area, in May!

Hi, Margarita... I recall being in Canon City about 14 years ago on the first or second day of May and it went from raining to snowing. We only had light jackets with us. It was beautiful! Hubby used to live in CO, he says that is not unusual.
Our weather is supposed to change by tomorrow, it's been 85 degrees here and supposed to be 60 tomorrow, and down in the 40's at night. That IS unusual for Texas.

Someone asked M Blasius on twitter about when the interviews took place, and although they were published after the 9:37 LE press release, they took place before.

Thanks! Wow, good memory Cheese

Sorry to ask, but would the vultures still be interested if there was anything that had already been picked clean by other scavengers? Would they still look? And do vultures go for leftover packaged type food, say if there was something in a backpack that only recently was exposed?

Not to be gruesome and I don't have any ' knowledge' of vultures except what I see around here. I live in the country and see a lot of vultures, almost daily. It seems to me they prefer fairly fresh meals. I do not think they would be interested in anything weeks or months, or even DAYS old. FWIW and MOO

4.Vultures are carnivorous and eat carrion almost exclusively. They prefer fresh meat but are able to consume carcasses that may have rotted so much as to be dangerous for other animals. This gives vultures a unique and important ecological niche because they help prevent the spread of diseases from old, rotting corpses.

http://birding.about.com/od/Bird-Trivia/a/20-Fun-Facts-About-Vultures.htm

So if a body was frozen from the snow.....I'm not sure at what stage the decomp would be.

If someone was buried and then dug up by other animals, the vutures would probably show up.

I don't see Mark just "throwing" Dylan somewhere.....

4.Vultures are carnivorous and eat carrion almost exclusively. They prefer fresh meat but are able to consume carcasses that may have rotted so much as to be dangerous for other animals. This gives vultures a unique and important ecological niche because they help prevent the spread of diseases from old, rotting corpses.

http://birding.about.com/od/Bird-Trivia/a/20-Fun-Facts-About-Vultures.htm

So if a body was frozen from the snow.....I'm not sure at what stage the decomp would be.

If someone was buried and then dug up by other animals, the vutures would probably show up.

I don't see Mark just "throwing" Dylan somewhere.....
Keeping an open mind, someone else might have. (apologies for the graphic thoughts) I also wondered about packaged food that might have been in a backpack. Should Dylan's backpack be abandoned somewhere, and the elements eventually get the better of the fabric, then what was inside would be exposed. This could cause scavengers to be around an area if the backpack were there, although with winter, that might have already happened.

I am trying to figure out if there would be anything that might help point in a direction to look.

This is very interesting as to the timeline (if it can be figured out lol) because LE received the reports back according to media & it was a bit of time before the 'official' new release IIRC. In between those two events, MB did her interview it seems? :idea: I would hazard a bet, there were questions...JMO.

This is very interesting as to the timeline (if it can be figured out lol) because LE received the reports back according to media & it was a bit of time before the 'official' new release IIRC. In between those two events, MB did her interview it seems? :idea: I would hazard a bet, there were questions...JMO.

Yes, M Blasius tweeted she had questions because MR and ER gave her differing times for Dylan's last texting.

IIRC, ER said 8pm, and MR said they got home 8:15 - 8:30 and that Dylan was texting or playing a video when he was on the couch after they got home and were watching the movie. I can't find in the transcript him giving a specific last text time, but he indicates (using MR's word lol) that it was after 8:15 - 8:30, which differed from ER's 8pm.

That was weird reading the transcript because I thought Mark said Dylan was still texting when he ran up to bed about 10:30, but he didn't. He said Dylan was watching Nickelodeon when he went to bed.

Anyway, on a date for a timeline when M Blasius interviewed them, I remember we discussed how Kevin Torres posted on his facebook that she had interviewed them and we were wondering (before the interviews were published) why they hadn't been published yet. I don't remember if Kevin said Blasius had interviewed them the day he posted or what, but somebody could try to find that facebook post or that discussion in our 50 threads.

I just had a thought and I hope this doesn't come across as a bash on LE. But is it possible the spokesperson who made the statement to the reporter was not a young person ? I'm imagining folks of the 40s to 50s plus range might not see a big deal in making a distinction between a TXT/IPOD/IPAD etc. If its' all greek to them, then what' the difference. See my point? My dad is 72 and is beginning to text a bit to keep up with the grandkids, hehe. But I can imagine a lot of people he and others his age would say " whats the difference its a TEXT, who cares what it came from'' . So they may not have thought it really important to say which device. Just thinking out loud here.

Sad when a 15-year old case like Jon Benet's seems to have more posts and more activity than Dylan's, due mostly to LE's silence, I would say. One can only rehash the few press releases so many times, seeking new meaning or possible emphasis on certain words.

I've been researching alot of different angles. Water currents and temps in the lake (est. 42 degrees per the fishing boards), the effect of adipocere on body identification and time/cause of death determination, the average number of visitors annually to the Durango/Vallecito area, the requirements and paths of ATVs around Middle Mountain. So much to read but not much to share. Without LE words and media coverage, there's alot to look at but no determinations to make. Dylan is still missing and that saddens and angers me beyond comprehension. If anyone else has found something interesting in their out of left field kind of research, I'd love to read about it.

I just had a thought and I hope this doesn't come across as a bash on LE. But is it possible the spokesperson who made the statement to the reporter was not a young person ? I'm imagining folks of the 40s to 50s plus range might not see a big deal in making a distinction between a TXT/IPOD/IPAD etc. If its' all greek to them, then what' the difference. See my point? My dad is 72 and is beginning to text a bit to keep up with the grandkids, hehe. But I can imagine a lot of people he and others his age would say " whats the difference its a TEXT, who cares what it came from'' . So they may not have thought it really important to say which device. Just thinking out loud here.

I seem to always interpret things differently from the majority, which is a small part of why I don't post much anymore. My understanding of the press release was that he said "electronic device" rather than cell phone to get people to stop speculating on whether or not he had sent messages to someone later through a different source (email, ipod, IM, etc.)

BBM
OT - a perfect example, I read that as "it's all geek to them" the first time. :blushing:

I seem to always interpret things differently from the majority, which is a small part of why I don't post much anymore. My understanding of the press release was that he said "electronic device" rather than cell phone to get people to stop speculating on whether or not he had sent messages to someone later through a different source (email, ipod, IM, etc.)

BBM
OT - a perfect example, I read that as "it's all geek to them" the first time. :blushing:

BBM - If they said electronic device instead of cell phone to get people to stop speculating what kind of device was being used, wouldn't they have just said: last communication was a text from his cell phone at 9:37 or
last communication was a call from his cell phone at 9:37

IMO they didn't say specifically what type of device for a reason, IDK what the reason was. It was a carefully crafted choice of words. I say that because people don't typically use the words "electronic device" they typically use familiar words, cell phone, ipad, ipod, email.

BBM
BBM: wasn't just you....

Don't stop posting because we interpret what we read differently. All of the different views are what keeps conversation going !
And Confusion and Ghost.......I'm sure there was a geek in there somewhere ;)

Good Night DYLAN !

BBM

BUt wouldn't an i-pod be an electronic device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx