CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that has me curious, is that LE has never changed/upated their press releases IIRC ?

from this last reference
9:37PM Dylan’s last electronic device communication (texting)

techie question..?
could Dylan use the Ipod to send a text to his phone?
ie use the Ipod to get to an online a/c and do that?

:waitasec:

What about Melissa Blasius? When she asked about the text did LE lie to her and say it was from the phone when they could have simply said "No comment."?
How many people know you can send a text from Google chat? Or from an iTouch? Or from a tablet? If you don't happen to know those things, then the only place you can text is from a phone. Hence, if someone says texting, people say phone. If Bender said to MB, his last message was a text message, she might assume phone. Bender might even have said phone if he didn't know text messages could come from another source, and even if he discovered it came from another source (computer, iTouch, tablet, whatever) might not correct the mistake.

I am not saying that the last text did not come from a phone. Just that it is possible it came from another electronic device. If it was Dylan's phone, why not say it was his phone? Heck, maybe it was his dad's phone.....it's an electronic device, too.

How many people know you can send a text from Google chat? Or from an iTouch? Or from a tablet? If you don't happen to know those things, then the only place you can text is from a phone. Hence, if someone says texting, people say phone. If Bender said to MB, his last message was a text message, she might assume phone. Bender might even have said phone if he didn't know text messages could come from another source, and even if he discovered it came from another source (computer, iTouch, tablet, whatever) might not correct the mistake.

I am not saying that the last text did not come from a phone. Just that it is possible it came from another electronic device. If it was Dylan's phone, why not say it was his phone? Heck, maybe it was his dad's phone.....it's an electronic device, too.

Is it possible that the 9:37 text came from Dylan's I Pod? Yes. Have I seen anything that suggests that it was from his I Pod and not his phone. NO. MOO

What about Melissa Blasius? When she asked about the text did LE lie to her and say it was from the phone when they could have simply said "No comment."?

Hi Ranch, I meant to answer you but my computer started running like a turtle on xanax...

Yes, imo especially Melissa Blasius, or any reporter for that matter. And I don't think it's so much a matter of LE "lying", but more protecting a very crucial piece of evidence. If they said "no comment", that would just cast doubt and they might as well tell us all what they have.

Hi Ranch, I meant to answer you but my computer started running like a turtle on xanax...

Yes, imo especially Melissa Blasius, or any reporter for that matter. And I don't think it's so much a matter of LE "lying", but more protecting a very crucial piece of evidence. If they said "no comment", that would just cast doubt and they might as well tell us all what they have.

This is just my opinion but if LE whats to keep evidence from the public they tell reporters that they can't comment on it. They don't lie about it. MOO.

I think if LE knows that Dylan's last communication (or attempted communication) was from another device, they will tell no one, not even his mother.

It still seems so odd to me that originally Elaine said his last text was sent at 8 PM. I would think she had his cell log from her phone company or could see it online.

So why didn't she see the 9:37 pm text at that time? Or did she, but never mentioned it for some reason?

Is it possible that the 9:37 text came from Dylan's I Pod? Yes. Have I seen anything that suggests that it was from his I Pod and not his phone. NO. MOO
I understand your point of view. I have seen something that suggests it may not be his phone, the term "Electronic Device". That encompasses more than a phone, so it leads me to question what type of electronic device. The good news is that no one has to question if they don't want to. Isn't diversity grand?

We have a reporter and Dylan's mother saying that the 9:37 text was from his cell phone and no one saying that it was from his I Pod. The only way we will know for sure that it was from Dylan's phone is if LE tells us. I'm going with it being from Dylan's phone with what we have so far. MOO.

I am not challenging what or why you are believing, but I am curious about how this comes about, how can one sentence be that we will know for sure if LE tells us (BBM) and then go with it was from Dylan's phone (BIUbm) when the very first sentence indicates the only ones to say it was from the phone is a reporter & Elaine. Again, I'm not questioning what you choose to believe, I'm just trying to understand it, it seems to contradict itself IMO. TIA.

I am not challenging what or why you are believing, but I am curious about how this comes about, how can one sentence be that we will know for sure if LE tells us (BBM) and then go with it was from Dylan's phone (BIUbm) when the very first sentence indicates the only ones to say it was from the phone is a reporter & Elaine. Again, I'm not questioning what you choose to believe, I'm just trying to understand it, it seems to contradict itself IMO. TIA.

It's my opinion that Melissa and Elaine are telling the truth and their sources of information are accurate.

It's my opinion that Melissa and Elaine are telling the truth and their sources of information are accurate.

Thank you for clarifying that, MOO their sources would have to be LE; we really haven't had a direct quote that LE said it was phone (only 2nd hand info from Melissa & Elaine) IIRC correctly, they just said in the press release electronic device.

I agree with you, there is information that LE may tell a reporter or Elaine and not come directly out and tell us. This phone/electronic device and pass/fail/inconclusive on the LDT are perfect examples.

Thank you for clarifying that, MOO their sources would have to be LE; we really haven't had a direct quote that LE said it was phone (only 2nd hand info from Melissa & Elaine) IIRC correctly, they just said in the press release electronic device.

I agree with you, there is information that LE may tell a reporter or Elaine and not come directly out and tell us. This phone/electronic device and pass/fail/inconclusive on the LDT are perfect examples.
It is my belief that it is also possible that something LE said to Elaine or a reporter could be interpreted differently than it was meant. (see how the same words get interpreted differently here...) I was very impressed with the last Press Release from LE where it was pretty much spelled out by LE exactly what they know and don't know, and the specific words they used.

It is my belief that it is also possible that something LE said to Elaine or a reporter could be interpreted differently than it was meant. (see how the same words get interpreted differently here...) I was very impressed with the last Press Release from LE where it was pretty much spelled out by LE exactly what they know and don't know, and the specific words they used.

Reading it the way you wrote it, it makes sense. Thanks Ghostwheel.

Just reading this discussion about the 'last electronic communication' and I agree that there could be some significance attached to that wording.
Just a thought, but what if it isn't all about keeping the type of electronic communication a mystery? Rather, what if they are in fact differentiating between electronic vs some other kind of communication?? Let's face it, LE seems to be being vague about it deliberately and even kept the timing of 9:37pm to themselves for a good while. So maybe they have knowledge of a different form of communication? A verbal conversation, a note??

Just reading this discussion about the 'last electronic communication' and I agree that there could be some significance attached to that wording.
Just a thought, but what if it isn't all about keeping the type of electronic communication a mystery? Rather, what if they are in fact differentiating between electronic vs some other kind of communication?? Let's face it, LE seems to be being vague about it deliberately and even kept the timing of 9:37pm to themselves for a good while. So maybe they have knowledge of a different form of communication? A verbal conversation, a note??
"Last electronic communication." I chalk it up to "cop speak". Your correct that LE could also have verbal talks between Dylan and Mark in mind with their wording. A note? Maybe.

Or, as many here have speculated, a call from the land line? I don't think so but it is an option to consider.

ETA; Thanks Dee10. Apparently not a land line call....

Remember though from the news release it stated "Electronic Device Communication (texting)" so that narrows the possibilities down.

Not sure if I was clear - yes they gave us the last electronic device communication (texting) at 9:37pm. I was wondering if there could have been some other non-electronic type of communication after that time - as in speaking in person to someone (other than MR) or leaving a note - information that could be being withheld from the public for now.
Just speculating, as we all are for now, about the reason LE chose that particular wording. It seems they are specifying that electronic communication stopped at 9:37pm, which leaves room for other communication after that.

So sad to see our Dylan having his own sub forum here at WS:(

Sure it makes discussions easier, more diverse, and wider range to explore topics..but in the end the sadness is still the same in what it really means that we now have this sub forum.. DYLAN STILL MISSING AND NO SIGN OF HIM OR JUSTICE FOR WHAT HAS BEEN DONE TO HIM:(

I truly had such great hope when initially becoming involved in his case here.. I really did believe that he would be found relatively soon and never dreamed that he would still be missing this long warranting his having a sub forum here.. it breaks my heart for him, Elaine and Cory..

The vicious cycle continues as in as soon as we find one of our beloved missing children for whom we very much grow to love and care for..as soon as one of them is found(our beloved Hailey Dunn)and moved over to LOCATED..there is yet another child loved(Dylan) who we find in Hailey's slot of the "MISSING" sub forum..

Oh how I pray that he is soon found..Lord please not let it be over 2 excruciatingly long years like Hailey, til he is found and brought home to those who love him.

BBM - I believe that LE is looking at every angle and every possibility. MOO is that if they narrowed the entire investigation down to - MR is responsible and DIDN'T look at anything else, then they have done a serious disservice. It's by eliminating other possibilities that gives the probablilities. When they can say 1) all RSO's & SO's have been accounted for.
2) all relatives have been accounted for.
3) all reported sightings of strangers have been investigated & cleared
4) all reported sightings of Dylan have been investigated & cleared
5) we searched a x mile radius of where Dylan could have walked and there is no trace
etc, etc, etc. and the only thing they are left with is that they can't clear MR, they have successfully ruled out any reasonable doubt.
Just MOO

I absolutely believe they have everything they need except Dylan. It's very hard to convict for murder without a body. Possible, but a long shot. I think they want to get him on every possible charge and not just get him on something lesser. They've said for a while they have everything except one thing to tie it all together - Dylan IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne