CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Elaine considers Brandon her stepson and he also considers her his stepmom, why is there any question about this?

As far as others having access to Dylan's iPod texting account, if they tried to send a text say from another device using that account (if that's even possible IDK?) but it would be easy to see where the text was sent from since the iPod requires wifi and all texts could be traced back to an ISP.

I don't know if this has been covered or answered, but it's quite easy to send from another device. I have an iPhone, iPad, and old iPhone that I can use the same account on all. My kids each have an iPad and an iPod touch and I can use theirs as well. I just sign out and sign in as me or whomever I want as long as I have the password.

Obviously we have no idea what he used to text when on his iPod touch, but I myself (and my children) use "iMessage" whenever possible over a texting app. I think all the texting apps are terrible and unreliable. iMessage is only able to be used when texting another apple product, but it's always been very reliable and goes through like a normal text unlike the others in my experience.

How is Brandon not her stepson?
Stepson: a son of one's husband or wife by a former partner

Is Brandon not Mark's son? Therefore Elaine's stepson, by definition?

Are Elaine and Mark still married? Brandon and Dylan are brothers. I have a former stepson who I adore. He's my former stepson.

However, the point I was making is that some could find that to be a dig or bash at Mark. Both these parents do it. Not just one. Both. Further, it appears to be a pattern of communication developed over years if not decades. All I was saying is that Dylan's parents need help communicating and orally and by themselves was destined to fail. Good on them for going to mediation. I do hope it helped.

Ranch - it does appear that way, but then why the heck did he say this on Tricia's show a couple of days ago?

06-02-13
Tricia’s Radio Show
T: When did you first find out that --or is it true that all of Dylan’s clothing and his iPod are missing?

MR: Well, to answer your question with a yes or no answer, yes, that’s true, but to clarify that, it wasn't ‘till, you know, a short time that law enforcement was aware of what was going on and was involved and I know that they immediately brought in some dogs to start tracking ya know, his movement, and try to figure out the direction that he was headed, and the question was posed to me, is his backpack here? and I'm like well I don't know, let me go look for it because I ..that's not something that I was looking for…so you know it probably took ..I wanna say the first day maybe even two before it was determined that yes, his backpack was not here..my only concern was Dylan and what have we got to do to find him…and where is he?

I just don't get it. IMO.

ETA: Sorry - Just noticed that other people had noted the same thing. I'm still puzzled though. I mean, it's not something incidental, and Dylan had just arrived the day before.

So is he saying that LE first asked him about the backpack when the tracking dogs were brought in? Hmmm, tough to tell..

Let me know what you want specifically and your wish will be granted. (I may already have what you need). I'm just not quite sure I understand what you're looking for as an end result as far as layout.

Missed see you around here!! Hope your father is doing well.

If Elaine considers Brandon her stepson and he also considers her his stepmom, why is there any question about this?

Do they have that kind of relationship?

Exactly. There's certainly no surplus of affection of affection from MR, if the articles are correct. Who would begrudge a young man an extended family? My goodness.

Are Elaine and Mark still married? Brandon and Dylan are brothers. I have a former stepson who I adore. He's my former stepson.

However, the point I was making is that some could find that to be a dig or bash at Mark. Both these parents do it. Not just one. Both. Further, it appears to be a pattern of communication developed over years if not decades. All I was saying is that Dylan's parents need help communicating and orally and by themselves was destined to fail. Good on them for going to mediation. I do hope it helped.
BBM: And you call him that? You introduce him as "This is my former stepson, XXXX"? If so, that explains why you might call what Elaine said a dig. If not, then I don't get how continuing to call someone a stepson who has been a stepson could ever be considered a dig at anyone.

I'll drop it. It is beyond me.

Or maybe she was asked not to share it. MOO

Or maybe LE didn't want that information made public yet so they didn't tell anyone about it. There's no way for us to know what actually happened at this point.

How the heck, in any way, would it be a bash at Mark, for Eliane to consider his sons her stepsons? I see it as a compliment, as a tribute, as a gracious thing to do. The ultimate bash would have been for her to cut them off and act like she 'divorced' the boys.

I must be really missing something here. I see that as a very gracious thing for her to say, and not a bash in any way whatsoever, JMO.

Or maybe she was asked not to share it. MOO

In cases where the immediate family are not under the slightest bit of suspicion, the families of the missing almost universally say that they are frustrated at the lack of information they get about the investigations. EH would be no exception. While she and MR both may have been asked not to disclose something, by no means do I believe that either has the inside track on the inner workings of this. I wish they did. I wish we did. But that would be folly for the real investigators.

How the heck, in any way, would it be a bash at Mark, for Eliane to consider his sons her stepsons? I see it as a compliment, as a tribute, as a gracious thing to do. The ultimate bash would have been for her to cut them off and act like she 'divorced' the boys.

I must be really missing something here. I see that as a very gracious thing for her to say, and not a bash in any way whatsoever, JMO.

May I suggest that you (general you) overlook the example if it doesn't make sense to you and consider that EH and MR have a long established mode of communication that is not healthy and does not lend itself to success when they attempt it by themselves.

So technically people who haven't even met each other can be considered to be stepmom and stepson and it has nothing to do with any kind of relationship.

How is that related to this case?

So is he saying that LE first asked him about the backpack when the tracking dogs were brought in? Hmmm, tough to tell..

IMO that would make sense to ask him about Dylan's belongings that he might have brought with him, example - backpack, if they were looking for a scent item for the dogs.

May I suggest that you (general you) overlook the example if it doesn't make sense to you and consider that EH and MR have a long established mode of communication that is not healthy and does not lend itself to success when they attempt it by themselves.

Well, no, I am not going to blindly accept that Elaine referring to B as her stepson is any kind of a bash or a dis, whatsoever. I see no context in which it would be considered disrespectful to refer to him as that.

Are you saying it is a bash because Mark has no relationship with him, and she does?

In cases where the immediate family are not under the slightest bit of suspicion, the families of the missing almost universally say that they are frustrated at the lack of information they get about the investigations. EH would be no exception. While she and MR both may have been asked not to disclose something, by no means do I believe that either has the inside track on the inner workings of this. I wish they did. I wish we did. But that would be folly for the real investigators.

Your much more eloquent than me. I agree wholeheartedly.

BBM: Now this, without any digs at anyone, is something that makes complete sense. IMO.

BBM: And you call him that? You introduce him as "This is my former stepson, XXXX"? If so, that explains why you might call what Elaine said a dig. If not, then I don't get how continuing to call someone a stepson who has been a stepson could ever be considered a dig at anyone.

I'll drop it. It is beyond me.

No, he's my son's brother!

I'm dropping this per my post above. Communication between MR/EH and how they don't do it well is still on the table though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member