CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody said he should have called LE. But he had called Dylan a few times earlier, with no response, and then returns to an empty home. That should have been a cause for concern. He NEVER looked to see if the backpack was gone. At that point, since Dylan was NOT where he was supposed to be, imo. he should have started his search IMMEDIATELY. He should have called the friends, driven there if need be, called ER and CR to see if they had heard from him, and taken it seriously. Taking a nap was irresponsible and very revealing, imo.

BBM - I agree especially since the nap contradicts what Mark told MB in their interview. Mark specifically says all he needs to know is where Dylan is, that he is safe and how to get ahold of him. When Mark got home at 11:00, he did not know ANY of these things that were important to him.

Does anyone recall if MR said he continually tried to call or text Dylan after he went to the sheriff's office? If he was to wait at home, that would be a normal thing to do; to keep calling & texting, no? IMO, if he didn't it would make LE suspicious as to why not.

I agree. It is possible. I would like to have a conversation with the people he interacted with Monday morning, about his clothes, appearance and demeanor.

LE has already interviewed them, and everything checked out just fine.

Does anyone recall if MR said he continually tried to call or text Dylan after he went to the sheriff's office? If he was to wait at home, that would be a normal thing to do; to keep calling & texting, no? IMO, if he didn't it would make LE suspicious as to why not.

After he went to LE, I believe Dylan's mother and LE were trying to get in touch with him.

Exactly!

Personally, I'd like to know more than just that. For each place he said he was, and while he was traveling to each place listed below:

1. Durango running errands
  2. Trip back home to Vallecito
  3. While at home 11:30 - 2:30 +/-
  4. Drive to T's home
  5. Drive around lake
  6. Drive to Bayfield to friends house
  7. Drive to Marshall's Office
  8. Return to Vallecito to T's Home
  9. From T's Home to Vallecito Home

The following questions:

During each place you went to,

did you CALL DR 's CELL
Did you TEXT DR
or
Did you CALL your landline

For each of the places above (traveling to and from)

AND

for each place AND cell, text and landline

# times (called, texted, and called landline)
Whether a message or text was left
What the message said

JMOO

Exactly!

Personally, I'd like to know more than just that. For each place he said he was, and while he was traveling to each place listed below:

1. Durango running errands
  2. Trip back home to Vallecito
  3. While at home 11:30 - 2:30 +/-
  4. Drive to T's home
  5. Drive around lake
  6. Drive to Bayfield to friends house
  7. Drive to Bayfield to friends house
  8. Drive to Marshall's Office
  9. Return to Vallecito to T's Home
  10. From T's Home to Vallecito Home

The following questions:

During each place you went to,

did you CALL DR 's CELL
Did you TEXT DR
or
Did you CALL your landline

For each of the places above (traveling to and from)

AND

for each place AND cell, text and landline

# times (called, texted, and called landline)
Whether a message or text was left
What the message said

JMOO

Exactly. That's why I said last night I'd like to see MR's cell phone records. I'm kind of a trust-but-verify person and while I don't have reason to not believe MR's story, I think the cell phone records would answer some of my questions.

LE has already interviewed them, and everything checked out just fine.

LE verified his errands during that time, but I don't think they've said anything about his behavior or appearance on those errands. It's a hole in the data, IMO.

Possible yes, but in my opinion not reasonable. Mark claimed to text and call Dylan on Monday. I personally think Mark would have contacted EH had there been any suspicion that his number was blocked on Dylan's phone. I don't remember if this has ever been released or discussed, but I can speculate that Dylan texted or called Mark when his plane landed Sunday evening.

It seems like the parents had become dependent on the court system to work out their divorce and custodial issues IMO. I think if MR thought his calls to his son were being blocked, he would have contacted his lawyer. moo

It seems like the parents had become dependent on the court system to work out their divorce and custodial issues IMO. I think if MR thought his calls to his son were being blocked, he would have contacted his lawyer. moo

Absolutely he would in a heartbeat IMO, so MR must have suspected or known the reason why Dylan was not or rarely responding to his messages and distant when he came to visit.

question:
Salem made it clear no more facebook, but are we opened back up to the other portions of Tricia's interview?

Elaine has stated that they did not fight in court about custodial issues, that they did about financials. Now, Elaine wanted to move to Colorado Springs, quite a distance from where the intact family had lived and from where both these parents resided since their divorce. She could not move to the Springs without court approval.

Absolutely he would in a heartbeat IMO, so MR must have suspected or known/suspected the reason why Dylan was not or rarely responding to his messages and distant when he came to visit.

In my opinion, you're spot on. Dylan ignoring calls from his dad has me believing the distancing began before the visit. I think it is feasible to assume Mark was likely questioning why Dylan was distant before he even arrived for his visit. Mark, in so many words, basically said it was okay if Dylan didn't respond. He wasn't going to bug him. I think it is also feasible that Mark already knew why Dylan had become distant.

Elaine has stated that they did not fight in court about custodial issues, that they did about financials. Now, Elaine wanted to move to Colorado Springs, quite a distance from where the intact family had lived and from where both these parents resided since their divorce. She could not move to the Springs without court approval.

MR contested the move IIRC

After he went to LE, I believe Dylan's mother and LE were trying to get in touch with him.

So MR is sitting/waiting at home & apparently doesn't think to text him, nor look for the backback until the dog handlers arrive? :stormingmad:

I didn't say anything about fighting or about moving to CS first of all. But the court system was obviously still involved as we know Dylan had just talked with the judge privately, so I guess that probably wasn't about finances.

In my opinion, you're spot on. Dylan ignoring calls from his dad has me believing the distancing began before the visit. I think it is feasible to assume Mark was likely questioning why Dylan was distant before he even arrived for his visit. Mark, in so many words, basically said it was okay if Dylan didn't respond. He wasn't going to bug him. I think it is also feasible that Mark already knew why Dylan had become distant.

Yes, very interesting. Taking into account all of the previous discussion about attachment theory, it's interesting that DR wasn't responding. He was at the age where he certainly could have done so without being monitored (adding this in as a preemptive note).

Thanks for posting.

I don't have much to say about Dylan's case anymore...yet I am unable to buy into any scenario that has Dylan willingly not texting anyone after Sunday evening. Nothing rings true about his failure to communicate with R, or anyone else, on Monday morning. I can only think he was physically unable or that all of his devices were taken from him. If not for this fact, I would consider all options of what happened to him to be equally possible at this point.

Hoping LE speaks out soon, or something occurs to stir this case. Unfortunately, there are many other active cases to claim one's attention and it becomes difficult to have anything more to say about Dylan's case without new information.

I don't have much to say about Dylan's case anymore...yet I am unable to buy into any scenario that has Dylan willingly not texting anyone after Sunday evening. Nothing rings true about his failure to communicate with R, or anyone else, on Monday morning. I can only think he was physically unable or that all of his devices were taken from him. If not for this fact, I would consider all options of what happened to him to be equally possible at this point.

Hoping LE speaks out soon, or something occurs to stir this case. Unfortunately, there are many other active cases to claim one's attention and it becomes difficult to have anything more to say about Dylan's case without new information.

BBM: IMO you have said it all in a nutshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmia2020