CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their divorce was over 5 years ago, and he's had opportunities in the past do anything to him he wanted to do. I guess my problem is that I personally have known men to murder their wife/ex-wife for filing for a divorce, but none who did anything to one of his own kids because of it. I know there are men who have done it, but I just don't automatically expect the father to be guilty if something happens to one of his children. We all base our views of the world on our own experiences, I guess, and I don't think any of our outlooks is the right one EVERY time. MOO

We have multitudes of stories right here at Websleuths of parents (see? I used a gender neutral word:)) who DID murder their children in heinous ways just to make an ex suffer. Nothing personal against the kids, ya know. Some of these cases have happened quite a while after the divorce, but changes in custody, child support, an ex remarrying, a move to a far location, these are ALL stressors that trigger.

You are right of course. Not everybody in these situations murders.

But let's count how many of those stressors are factors in this particular case.

And let's cross reference that with any known history of domestic violence.

And while we're at it, lets also ask ourselves if there is a "pattern of detachment" in parenting choices.

------I believe law enforcement has a lot of information, in addition to these factors, that we do not yet know here.

OR... Dylan's dad hid him away to keep him away from his mom, or by thinking if he kept him out of sight long enough, Dylan would choose to stay with him rather than go back home.

I know... crazy, but compared to some of the other crazy theories out there... it could happen.

Let's hope this man wasn't foolish enough to fly him all the way out there just to kill him in a rage or just to get back at the mom. I mean, why go to that trouble? If you don't want the kid, don't insist on him coming to visit, KWIM??

Agreed

All too often rational doesn't belong in the same sentence as divorcd. when there's a contentious divorce, rational goes right out the window.

Maybe it's not him they're looking for. MOO

Exactly. I dont know where it is a given that they are looking for MR. It is a good move to get all video they can of the areas. Didnt they get a scent alert of Dylan's around the lake even though they couldnt find Dylan when they searched?

LE has clearly said numerous times he is not a POI nor a suspect. Nothing would prevent them from saying he is at least a POI if they truly thought he was. They can do so legally without any reprecussions. They just usually dont call people a suspect anymore due to the fiasco when Richard Jewel was labeled a suspect in the Atlanta Park Bombing and he turned out to be a hero instead.

I think they want to see everything they can see and see everyone and every vehicle that was in that area at the time.

Siri says when asked where to bury a dead body
Swamps
Dumps
Funeral services
Metal foundries
Mines
Mortuaries
Cremation services
Reservoirs

I click on swamps, she gave me the closest 15

Now you know why I love her:)

Be careful! And pray that someone close to you doesn't die suddenly and LE takes your iPad to analyze it or something. Or is that app not traceable?? Heck, I don't know, never had one.

Be careful! And pray that someone close to you doesn't die suddenly and LE takes your iPad to analyze it or something. Or is that app not traceable?? Heck, I don't know, never had one.

That would be the least of my worries! My laptop hard drive alone is enough to put me away forever. All those searches on arsenic, potassium chloride, chloroform, suffocation, petechia, strangulation, gun shot residue....good grief! I don't think there is one method of murder I haven't done searches on.

"All of the information received by the Task Force is being compiled by Task Force Crime Analysts for timeline development and future Task Force action strategies," said Lt. Ray Shupe, Public Information Officer for the task force. "Regional law enforcement agencies, Colorado law enforcement agencies, as well as local, state, and federal law enforcement officers in other states around the U.S. have been assisting the Task Force in tip follow-ups."
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...or-help-from-public-in-criminal-investigation

BBM

send them the timeline from here

what to make of tips statement that is BBM

LOL....re-posting because I think I kinda' figured out the "officers in other states...":waitasec:

With listening to scanner (four corners) - means the 4 states are so close together - Colorado, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico - so they must be really thinking of all possibilities.

:blushing::blushing:

I just wish LE could, or would, confirm the simple fact (if it is one) that Dylan did indeed spend the night at his father's house. That should be something they should be able to know, by bedding, towels, dishes, messes, fingerprints, etc. They will not even say this much.

Goodness! These threads are moving fast and it makes me so sad that there is such little information.

My family used to own a cabin on Vallecito years ago....I loved going up there. My grandfather named his cabin "the Potty Seat Ranch" and we used to go out on the lake all the time.

I remember when my grandfather got the first wave of fishing radars on his boat and we thought it was so cool.

My prayers and thoughts have been with this family!!

I just wish LE could, or would, confirm the simple fact (if it is one) that Dylan did indeed spend the night at his father's house. That should be something they should be able to know, by bedding, towels, dishes, messes, fingerprints, etc. They will not even say this much.

Here is my dilemma, if they were able to confirm he was indeed in dads house and spent the night, why would they be looking for video from 6 pm the day before?

That was my first thought too! Either that or a sleuther would track it down online and that would be the end of her in the court of public opinion. :floorlaugh:

Was Dylan's bed made up...or unmade?
Was there trash in the trash can that would be consistent with something Dylan ate or drank that night at the house?

Did he even have a bed/bedroom there?

Also wondering if there were any life insurance policies on Dylan. (Sry to even be thinking this, but...)

The problem with what went on from LE is that living in the area, and not even knowing about this missing child till days later, and only because of a share off facebook is really really really WRONG! They should of let the public know we had a missing child within 24 hours, instead of him being stuck on page 4 of one of the local papers! It should of been plastered on our local news and it wasn't! They were searching for a missing child, yes, but the public became more aware due to people in the community PUSHING for information, and pushing to find Dylan, not because the public was informed that we had a missing child among us. I would be way more upset with LE if it had been one of my children reguardless of the fact that yes I had to blame myself for my crappy parenting skills.

Here is my dilemma, if they were able to confirm he was indeed in dads house and spent the night, why would they be looking for video from 6 pm the day before?

Maybe they have reason to believe some random uncle came to town, or something. Get a sighting on another vehicle that could be related.

I don't actually think that to be the case, I just mean there are any number of reasons they would want footage. We are just assuming it's wanted to verify Dylan & dad.

I'm still not clear on that order of events. My impression is still that the dogs led searchers to the lake. After they started searching the lake, then MR brought up that he'd reported a fishing pole missing with Dylan.

I am pretty sure your impression is wrong. Father was complaining they didn't go search the lake right away even though he told them the pole was missing.

We have multitudes of stories right here at Websleuths of parents (see? I used a gender neutral word:)) who DID murder their children in heinous ways just to make an ex suffer. Nothing personal against the kids, ya know. Some of these cases have happened quite a while after the divorce, but changes in custody, child support, an ex remarrying, a move to a far location, these are ALL stressors that trigger.

You are right of course. Not everybody in these situations murders.

But let's count how many of those stressors are factors in this particular case.

And let's cross reference that with any known history of domestic violence.

And while we're at it, lets also ask ourselves if their is a "pattern of detachment" in parenting choices.

------I believe law enforcement has a lot of information, in addition to these factors, that we do not yet know here.

In fact 50% of marriages end in divorce in our country ( a very sad statistic for our country imo) yet very very few wind up even murdering the ex spouse or their children. Of course we have seen some because we are on message boards where they are discussed but when compared to the vast amount of divorces there are yearly its really very few in comparison to those who just go on with their lives. Usually if we see this though the parent who winds up killing the child and isnt with their ex anymore high tails it with the child or children and sometimes parent and child are later find dead or the child is. I have put up a link before though when it pretains to abduction of a child that winds up being murdered only 14% of the time is the child murdered by one of their parents.

Yet, you are right we have kept up with high profile cases right here of missing children and the parents had nothing to do with them being missing or being murdered although many were falsely accused at the time.

I really dont see a lot of stressors in this case. He wasnt denied his right to see his child. She had physical custody because Dylan lives with her...there is no sole custody in Colorado law. Dylan had not lived with him since 2007 so he knew the drill by now imo. Now he and his ex-wife dont see eye to eye .......not shocking in the least but they didnt have to be around each other either anymore.

He had just seen Dylan in September of this year when he flew out to stay with him. So it wasnt like it was the first time he had seen him since Dylan had moved.

IMO

Maybe they do not find this as an issue and know that DR was there. just saying. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member