Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!

Just jumping off of your post.... I asked this before but didn't see any answer. Why was Dylan the only son visiting dad? Why wasn't his bother as well?

The other brother is a legal adult. He may have had other obligations.

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico...nce/-/9153728/17616906/-/huo4iaz/-/index.html

Grrrrr, my internet is being a dog log this morning :( I got to a point and cannot watch the rest, but I've seen it before. I notice at 4:30 mark, he says some more about keeping focus on Dylan and for just a second his voice drops low and cracks a bit, its' very subtle, but it sounds like a man who is almost unable to keep it together any more when talking about his son. Could he be involved in this and still feel that torn ? IDK , the million dollar question, innit?
Today for some reason I have a flicker of renewed hope that big baby boy may be ok somewhere :)

Is it interesting or not that after days of speculation and after LE makes a statement like ' we know he arrived in la plata co. but after that we know nothing'' and after calling it a criminal investigation , that suddenly dad remembers more details about monday morning to really make it sound as if he were there on monday morning as well...... ie: cereal bowl, nickelodeon, etc. Those two things alone kind of make a parent feel warm and fuzzy, right? You can imagine your own kids in their pj's , sleepy eyed, gobbling up some captain crunch, watching a little spongebob and think all is well. But why is this the first we've heard of that ? Of course he could have told LE that days ago, I understand that . Just seems odd.

How do we know that Dad didn't tell LE this all along and we are just now finding out? LE does not release all the info they have to the public.

And he is trying to deal with the added weight of knowing that some people think he had something to do with his son's disappearance because he was the last one to see him. He has contacted a criminal-defense attorney to help him with that.
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22108222

Again I must ask: why would a father of a missing child contact a criminal defense attorney because his ex-wife had made a statement to the media that she felt her ex may be involved in her son's disappearance?

I call BS on why he claims he contacted a criminal defense attorney.

IMO, it probably has more to do with the recent "official interview" with LE and with the questions that were probably asked during the course of that official interview.

In all fairness, if I were in his shoes and I was innocent.... I would too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do we know that Dad didn't tell LE this all along and we are just now finding out? LE does not release all the info they have to the public.

I agree 100% , that's why I added that at the end. If MR had made that clear in earlier interviews, it might have cast him in a different light from the public opinion side of things, not that it matters. It's just curious timing.

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico...nce/-/9153728/17616906/-/huo4iaz/-/index.html

Grrrrr, my internet is being a dog log this morning :( I got to a point and cannot watch the rest, but I've seen it before. I notice at 4:30 mark, he says some more about keeping focus on Dylan and for just a second his voice drops low and cracks a bit, its' very subtle, but it sounds like a man who is almost unable to keep it together any more when talking about his son. Could he be involved in this and still feel that torn ? IDK , the million dollar question, innit?
Today for some reason I have a flicker of renewed hope that big baby boy may be ok somewhere :)

I noticed this too. We really don't know him or his personality. If it were someone we knew personally we might be able to read into that. I kind of took it as someone who has been trying to stay tough but the pressure and stress is getting to him. To me that shows nothing of guilt and almost made me feel just the opposite.

I agree 100% , that's why I added that at the end. If MR had made that clear in earlier interviews, it might have cast him in a different light from the public opinion side of things, not that it matters. It's just curious timing.

Sometimes the family is told by LE not to release too much information to the public.

I've been lurking, but wanted to jump on with a couple of thoughts. We don't really know, but it sounds like there was inconsistent visitation when Dylan lived near his dad. Those visits may have been going to a movie or to macDonalds. Short, fun, and over. A visit of several days together is very different and can be awkward.
The other thing that stands out for me is that dad seems to love outdoor things and Dylan probably did when he wad younger. I have a 13 year old who loved to be outdoors until about a year ago. Now he only wants to be on the computer or his phone watching utube or texting. I think dad had not realized the change and there was conflict about activities. 13 year olds can be stubborn about doing things they don't like to do especially when its vacation.
JMO
Typing on phone, forgive errors please

Sorry....if this has already been addressed...but there is another thread for Dylan running .....is that different than this one.....duh..obviously it is different but is there different info on that one that should not be on this one or can mods combine...just wondering? Confused my brain!

Im so sorry nurse...WSs is usually light years ahead of other sites so I assumed (I know ..I know) that the article had already been linked.

Hess reiterated that “Dylan wouldn’t run away.”

She said Dylan would never put his mother through that pain. If he was having a bad time at the lake, he would call or text his mother, as he did once before disappearing, she said."

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121201/NEWS01/121209940/Volunteers-not-giving-up-hope--

But I may have misunderstood what she was saying after all but it sounded like to me he may have left before but called his mom or text her. Or he got lost at the lake one time.

I apologize and will go back and edit my post.

If Dylan went to sleep on the sofa early what did dad do that evening?
Did he stay home?

To me the latest info of the blanket on the couch, the clothes left behind, the cereal bowl etc really doesn't mean much. Other than Dad did presumably pick him up from the airport. Fingerprints might show if Dylan really touched that bowl or not but do they really have Dylan's fingerprints on record?

Blanket on the couch means nothing. TV on Nickolodeon means nothing. Dirty bowl on the sink means nothing. Clothes left behind only means that Dad did pick him up at the airport IF those are clothes he brought from Mom's house and not clothes he had left behind in Sept perhaps?

These are all things that could easily be staged by Dad.

Sorry....if this has already been addressed...but there is another thread for Dylan running .....is that different than this one.....duh..obviously it is different but is there different info on that one that should not be on this one or can mods combine...just wondering? Confused my brain!

Do you have a link? Tia!

Dylan, where are you???

I watched the video made by his friends. I've got tears in my eyes. We keep losing sight that a 13 year old boy with his whole life ahead of him is missing. He's dropped off the face of the Earth. I agree with MR, the focus should be on finding Dylan.

I noticed Dylan can swim and sure wasn't afraid of jumping off rocks into the water. So I wonder how worrisome him going fishing alone would have been as far as danger to him.

We need to open our minds to all possibilities, not get stuck in one. I'm really hoping one of his friends is hiding him out and now he's afraid of how he can introduce himself back into life without looking like a little twit. If this is the case, I'm sure once it was known how big this got, he didn't know how to get out of it. That's what I'm hoping.

Dylan needs to come home. What a cute kid. What a normal boy. I pray he comes home safe and sound. It scares me that he's been gone so long. I can't imagine what his family is going through.

I'm going to say something here, and I mean no disrespect. But I truly believe there is a good possibility Dylan got bored waiting around. In my experience, 13 year old boys are known to do stupid and dangerous things. Especially stupid when bored.
Hitch hiking? I still can't get over that. Seriously, my kid never even heard of hitch hiking and when I explained it to him, he looked at me like I had three heads!

Boys jump off things, dangerous things.

My friends son was caught jumping off the roof onto the trampoline and over a fence! He could have been impaled!

That is the info and support thread.

there are 6 threads for Dylan, five previous and this current one. the first page usually has a run down of whats what

Dadgum (southern Georgia term)....I changed my settings to 100 posts per page and there are STILL 4 new pages since I logged off at 11:00 last night....I am reading about the bed covers and cereal bowl this am....did I miss all of that? I thought there were NO indicators that Dylan made it to dads...Certainly aware dad could stage that but I still did not remember it

I think he told them everything the very first day. LE have stated they have talked with him several times and have been in his home even before the SW so it is only logical that he has already given the information we are just now learning.

LE had three different in depth interviews with the Lunsford grandparents. They do this to make sure they havent thought of something else they may have not thought of at the time.

imo

there are 6 threads for Dylan, five previous and this current one. the first page usually has a run down of whats what

I know that....this one is one that looks like it was started about the same time #1 thread was started and i did not think it was the media and link thread but I will look again...Thanks!

As a mother of five... I wonder why a 13 year old boy would wake up and turn on Nickelodeon on a weekday morning, considering the content in the mornings is geared towards preschoolers.

Doesn't add up to me.

My son falls asleep watching it, leaves the tv on all night.

For the record he never remembers to turn it off when he leaves the room, house, the tv stats on unless I shut it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member