CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But his phone has been completely off (either battery dead or removed) since Sunday at 8 PM, so why would he be outside looking for a cell signal? He wouldn't know if there was one with a dead cell phone.

I know we have not even heard of a PING from that phone!

So my DH has spoken and he's solved the case :)
He's been home all weekend, which is rare, and couldn't help but
noticing how much attention I was not paying to him or anything else.
I told him the cliff notes version of what we've been discussing.
He says MR is not guilty of anything because he did not hire a lawyer
until the last few days. The fact that he went in for all those LE
interviews alone is not the acts of a guilty man, in Dh's opinion. I tend
to agree. I said MR would have to be a ) innocent or b ) the most cunning
and arrogant and pridefilled criminal to think he could face LE and make
them believe his story. So I ask to all of you , does MR come across
as arrogant enough to face LE knowing he'd done something, without a
lawyer AND get away with it?

We do know that his cell phone was not used after 8 pm Sunday night. (For all we know he dropped it in the toilet after that.)

We do not know if there was a computer on the premises. If there was, we do not know if it had wi-fi, which would be needed for an iPod, iPad, iPhone or any other i product.

If there was a computer on the premises, MAYBE it was password protected and Dylan didn't have the password to email anyone on the old hardlined, cable internet.

Just because we don't KNOW something doesn't mean LE doesn't KNOW it. What appears NEW to us, may not necessairly be NEW to LE. This latest interview to me is filling in some blanks of things we had discussed earlier but didn't know the answers to. Now we have a few answers, so we spend more time tearing it up and asking more questions, accusing him of making up new things, when he could have told LE this stuff from the beginning and WE are just finding out about it.

Wal-Mart, McDonald's can be easily verified if it's true. We don't know if LE already HAS verified it or not.

The text messages that were sent. LE probably already has a dump of all those as well as any phone calls made from the landline. Not everything needs to be complicated.

Now, I had wondered if there are any old uncapped wells or mines in the area he could have gone to.

Why would he go to an old uncapped well or mine? Just curious...

I wonder what kind of phone he has. If we are talking iPhone then removing the battery isn't a simple thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it even possible to remove an iPhone battery?? There is nothing in the instructions about batteries. I don't see anything on mine such as an opening like I had with my older cell phones pre smart phones.

In a word, NO, nor do I think he is sophisticated enough to pull the wool over LE's eyes.

i definitely don't think what mom or dad says is fact. What i'm saying is either dad did something to him, an abductor got him, an animal got him, there was an accident or he ran away. If he was taken by an abductor in the middle of the night why would dad lie and say he nudged him in the morning? It's one or the other not both. If the abductor theory is true and dad lied about seeing dylan in the morning that would mean that dad was in cahoots with the abductor. You see what i mean?

bingo!

Clothes would be much better scent articles than something a person ate out of.
He would probably not leave much of his scent on a cereal bowl or spoon, since it takes just minutes to eat a bowl of cereal, but since he may have worn a shirt for hours, it would have a stronger scent.

I agree about the no scent - but, if dad didn't wash up the dishes, there would be DNA to prove Dylan was in the house.

Also - in response to another poster (don't remember who, sorry) I too, would be very interested to know who Dylan and/or his dad ever went fishing with.

Also, if this was a prearranged pick up (which I doubt) it may have been decided to take the fishing pole so dad would think Dylan went fishing and wouldn't start looking for him right away.

Also, do we know if Dylan swims? I would be very concerned about a child (any age) going fishing if the child was not a good swimmer, kwim?

Salem

If there was, we do not know if it had wi-fi, which would be needed for an iPod, iPad, iPhone or any other i product.
SBM

Minor point: we don't know all that was taken from dad's home by LE, other than the iPod and two trucks, but both my iPhone and my iPad work without wifi. FYI :)

Oh this is not always the case. Many perceive the hiring of an attorney as an admission of guilt, so I'm sure he was reluctant to do so-guilty or innocent. Already people's minds are turning just solely for the fact that he has hired an attorney. It should make no difference. IMO anyone with any common sense would hire an attorney in this situation no matter how innocent they are. It would be foolish not to. The attorney is there to make sure LE stays within the rights of the law and make sure their client does not do anything they shouldn't. Most people don't know all the legal ins and outs. That's why they hire attorneys.
It really infuriates me that people don't understand this. Hiring an attorney is not an admission of guilt and not hiring an attorney does not mean they're innocent.

In a word, NO, nor do I think he is sophisticated enough to pull the wool over LE's eyes.

I sense some narcicsm with all the "me" and "I" talk so... maybe he thinks he can talk his way out of suspicion.

Argh! By the time I catch up on this thread we will be on to #8! Then #9 will be here before I know it. Great job sleuthers :)

We won't give up Dylan!!!!

Presumably none of us know MR except for a few small interviews. So I really can't answer these questions. We are told all the time not to make conclusions just because someone hired a lawyer. So why should we make conclusions if someone doesn't do so immediately?

In Emilliano Terry's case last week we heard that his mother was completely cooperative - right up until she was arrested for being him to death and disposing of him in a dumpster.

But that case was figured out very quickly, within a couple days IIRC, and LE said that from the beginning, her stories kept changing. They have not said that about MR.

Is it even possible to remove an iPhone battery?? There is nothing in the instructions about batteries. I don't see anything on mine such as an opening like I had with my older cell phones pre smart phones.

It can be done. There are tons of videos on YouTube. I don't recommend doing it. It voids the warranty and it is easy to screw things up. Don't ask how I know.

In one of the YouTube videos it shows Dylan jumping into a lake so yes he must be able to swim

I have not been able to keep up today (but it makes me happy that so many of us have taken such an interest in the case!). And I hesitate to post about an issue that we have already beaten to death but...

I do not find it odd that Dylan was "out like a light" on Monday morning, despite supposedly going to bed early on Sunday night. He's 13. At least myself and my siblings were all the absolute opposite of a morning person at that age, and could sleep for hours and hours without just hopping out bed refreshed. At that age (and honestly, even now) it wouldn't have mattered how early I went to bed, it would be a struggle for me to get out of bed at 6:30am. But, every teenager is different. His mom is most likely to know whether this sounds like typical Dylan behavior at 6:30am.

JMO

I agree about the no scent - but, if dad didn't wash up the dishes, there would be DNA to prove Dylan was in the house.

Also - in response to another poster (don't remember who, sorry) I too, would be very interested to know who Dylan and/or his dad ever went fishing with.

Also, if this was a prearranged pick up (which I doubt) it may have been decided to take the fishing pole so dad would think Dylan went fishing and wouldn't start looking for him right away.

Also, do we know if Dylan swims? I would be very concerned about a child (any age) going fishing if the child was not a good swimmer, kwim?

Salem

Yes he does swim: Watch
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgsZwb_OYW8"]516992501644744 10228 - YouTube[/ame]

I finally decided to skip a couple pages of posts, I hope I didn't miss anything new...So, what did I miss this time?
SBM

IMO, there are many good questions that've been brought up that are unanswered by this scenario, but one would have to go through this whole thread (at least) to find them all. Many center on dad's actions/inactions Monday.

Moo

Sigh
In one word....yes.

Many perps don't lawyer up. They think they're smart.
Most recent that comes to mind is Jersey Bridgeman. He even gave DNA less than 24 hours after raping and killing that baby.
Not getting an attorney means squat, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member