CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
how do we know LE doesn't have video of him at walmart or McDonalds? That is not a fact.

It is not a fact. What is a fact is that Bender of th sheriff's dept said we only know that he arrived in la plata county and nothing after that. So if they had walmart video of dylan AFTER arriving in la plata co., either Bender is lying or misunderstood or was ' quoted' wrong by a reporter, which does seem to happen with frequency in this case. If they had walmart video, why wouldnt' Bender say, ' we know dylan arrived and we know he was in walmart an hour later and after that we know nothing'?

I find it interesting that she claims to have had a conversation about it. Is there a history there?

I have never had a hitchhiking conversation with my son (who is a year older than Dylan)... it has never crossed my mind to really.

I think there is more with the hitchhiking... the friends have said it and now the mom is saying she talked with him about it.:twocents:

Me too. Wonder what the deal is.

It is not a fact. What is a fact is that Bender of th sheriff's dept said we only know that he arrived in la plata county and nothing after that. So if they had walmart video of dylan AFTER arriving in la plata co., either Bender is lying or misunderstood or was ' quoted' wrong by a reporter, which does seem to happen with frequency in this case. If they had walmart video, why wouldnt' Bender say, ' we know dylan arrived and we know he was in walmart an hour later and after that we know nothing'?

it is my understanding that they were reviewing photos and video this weekend. (link last thread)

it takes a lot of work and time to go thru cc vid.

The in depth interview with the father was on friday.

My next question would be: is the Wal mart in La Plata county? if so then perhaps he is keeping the details out of the general statement.

I guess the fact that MR told LE that Dylan's fishing pole is missing prompted all the discussion on the previous thread about fishing. However, in this KOAT interview, MR talks a lot about the plans he & Dylan were making for the week, never once does he mention fishing.

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico...nce/-/9153728/17616906/-/huo4iaz/-/index.html

And How would he notice that the pole was missing?
Oh wait let me go see if he took his fishing pole!
Just odd
and Just MO

how do we know LE doesn't have video of him at walmart or McDonalds? That is not a fact.

Also, I added this after to my post. It might make more sense . sorry bout that

Let's face it ,if he had entered that store and was on cam, they would be BLASTING that footage all day and all night on tv and saying ' here is little Dylan 's last sighting, this is what he was wearing, etc ' . All the time these days in a missing person case or a criminal case, they show the last sighting if it was on a store cam.
Remember baby Lisa's mom.......on the store cam..........buying wine..........and baby wipes?
There is no walmart footage of Dylan. I'm VERY sure of that .
Maybe dad's already told them he waited in the car and they can see he bought stuff that he would only buy for a
boy and so they feel he was alive and ok at that point, but not ' sighting' is not the same as a belief he was ok
at that point.

Okay its a new week, a new month... time to come home, Dylan!!!

I don't think he wanted custody, just proper visitation. Unless there is something new. jmo

I think so, too. Some of these concepts have evolved over 7 threads and I think some of us are getting a little bogged down with this custody/visitation thing, when it may not be nearly as complicated as it has been made out to be.

FWIW, no one knows for sure that Dylan did not want to visit his dad. For all we know, he could have been cool with that. I don't know many 13 y.o. boys, but the ones I have known seem to be really close to their dads, whether the parents are divorced or not. Unless there is something in their past that caused him to turn against him, and if that were the case, why would he be forced to go visit him in the first place? If I am not mistaken, the court cannot force a child to see their parent, once they reach a certain age. In most states that is about 12. The mom would not get in trouble if he refused to go. It's only if SHE refused to let his dad see him that there would be repercussions.
This happened a few times with my step-grandson. His dad didn't even pay child support half the time, but if he wanted to visit with his dad, the lawyer told my DIL she could be fined for contempt if she refused to let him go. But once he reached 12, if he made the decision not to go, and he told his dad that himself, the court could not force him. It was his choice.

LE has never said anything about pings. Just that the last activity was 2000. The phone off is coming from family members iirc and family members do not have case details.:twocents:

Lt. Bender discussed GPS and said no activity whatsoever. I interpretted that to include pings. Am I misinterpretting what he said on Nancy Grace?

Here - I found the quote again.
"BENDER: My understanding is -- and our investigators have checked his cell phone. Also, cell phones have GPS`s, so if they`re turned on, that gives a general location of the person. And we have been following up on those right along, and there`s been no activity on his phone whatsoever since Sunday evening sometime."
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/28/ng.01.html

Ah well...it doesn't really matter about the phone or the pings.

The only thing that matters at this point is FINDING DYLAN!!!

I have to go do some errands now. Y'all find him while I'm gone, ok? Pretty please! :please:

it is my understanding that they were reviewing photos and video this weekend. (link last thread)

it takes a lot of work and time to go thru cc vid.

The in depth interview with the father was on friday.

My next question would be: is the Wal mart in La Plata county? if so then perhaps he is keeping the details out of the general statement.

I agree!

Im wondering if dad was home that night.
How did he spend his evening if Dylan was passed out on the sofa.

I really think he went missing sunday evening when his cell died.

Lt. Bender discussed GPS and said no activity whatsoever. I interpretted that to include pings. Am I misinterpretting what he said on Nancy Grace?

Here - I found the quote again.
"BENDER: My understanding is -- and our investigators have checked his cell phone. Also, cell phones have GPS`s, so if they`re turned on, that gives a general location of the person. And we have been following up on those right along, and there`s been no activity on his phone whatsoever since Sunday evening sometime."
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/28/ng.01.html

Ah well...it doesn't really matter about the phone or the pings.

The only thing that matters at this point is FINDING DYLAN!!!

I have to go do some errands now. Y'all find him while I'm gone, ok? Pretty please! :please:

BBM
Oh but I think it matters a great deal.
And I believe this is the reason they feel he didnt run away!

I find it interesting that she claims to have had a conversation about it. Is there a history there?

I have never had a hitchhiking conversation with my son (who is a year older than Dylan)... it has never crossed my mind to really.

I think there is more with the hitchhiking... the friends have said it and now the mom is saying she talked with him about it.:twocents:

I raised three boys. To my knowledge none of them have ever hitchhiked. But I would not make the statement that none of them ever would, especially if one of their friends said they had a history of hitching.
And from experience, I can tell you that every time I've thought one of them would not do something, one of them did. You think you know your child better than anyone, but that is not always true.
I could state a dozen examples of the things I found out after mine were grown, but I will spare you all. :blushing::blushing:

I raised three boys. To my knowledge none of them have ever hitchhiked. But I would not make the statement that none of them ever would, especially if one of their friends said they had a history of hitching.
And from experience, I can tell you that every time I've thought one of them would not do something, one of them did. You think you know your child better than anyone, but that is not always true.
I could state a dozen examples of the things I found out after mine were grown, but I will spare you all. :blushing::blushing:

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...900/Family-keeps-faith-through-adverse-time--

Similarly, while some of Dylan's Bayfield friends suggested he might hitchhike down from Vallecito to Bayfield for a scheduled visit with them, Elaine Redwine said she and Dylan had talked about being safe, including not hitchhiking.

bbm, suggesting he might versus saying he would is not quite the same to me. jmo

Why does Mark talk first about himself, second about criticism of the investigators, and somewhere third about his son?

Elaine talks about her concern for Dylan, appreciation to the community and appreciation to law enforcement.

Why does Mark talk first about himself, second about criticism of the investigators, and somewhere third about his son?

Elaine talks about her concern for Dylan, appreciation to the community and appreciation to law enforcement.

Someone was asking when is the last time we heard anything from Elaine and whether or not it meant anything.
I would guess it means that she's coming to terms with the idea that it's going to be very difficult at this point to find her son safe somewhere and that has probably been a hard idea to accept. :(

snipped from article
But Redwine said there had been some mechanical problem with the plane, so Dylan's mother rescheduled for Dylan to fly in Sunday evening.

bbm
rescheduled for mechanical problems.

For some reason, this brings back a memory of my own. My children's father was extremely narcissistically personality disordered and because of this I did not divorce him until my sons were both in high school, more aware, and could defend themselves from his emotional immaturity and self-centeredness.

He was FREAKY about anything that he felt was an attempt to control him.

Once during a visitation, he was to return our sons at noon. I had been out of town and arrived back at the house at 11:45. I waited and waited and waited. I called with no answer. I called again until I got an answer on his home phone an hour's drive away, before cell phones. When he finally answered he responded HOTLY that he had been there and waited 10 minutes and left when I wasn't there. He got there at 11:30 and left at 11:40. He didn't even wait 'til noon, our appointed time. And he KNEW I was driving from out of town. He screamed and raged at me for trying to CONTROL him. Yes, that's right. He was EARLY, didn't wait, drove the kids an hour back home, and it was all MY fault because I was a "controlling beotch". --That kind of thing was just routine for him. He was sick and not in control of himself. My sons were victimized by his illness, even though they were high school age. Their life with him was about keeping him within reasonable emotional parameters; they never knew what might set him off irrationally.

I understand Elaine to be a pretty responsible and intelligent woman. She has born most of the parenting responsibility for raising her sons from what we have read in MSM. I suspect she knows quite a bit about narcissism.

So anyway, has it been confirmed that Dylan's original flight was rescheduled? And has it been confirmed that MR drove home from "work" to pick him up the day BEFORE he took his rescheduled flight?

I'd amend that to say he talks FIRST about himself, SECOND about his problems with his exwife, and everything after that is insignificant enough to show very little emotional reaction to. :(

MR talks about DR in the past tense in this interview. Something not right about that.

Other family members were doing that too, this was discussed in the last thread.

Im guessing the walmart either did not have sufficient surveillance because it's very rural. Maybe they don't think they need it . OR there is no video of Dylan on that tape coming or going. Did he wait in the car? maybe or maybe he was unable to go inside. Also the mcdonalds mayor may not have cameras. If they did have cams and they drove through, they might only see the truck, not necessarily anyone inside it. I'm basing this on the fact that Bender said all we know is Dylan did arrive in La Plata Co. Aftr that we know nothing or very little. I don't have a link to this but it's been discussed many many times and the link has popped up many many times. If LE cannot confirm that Dylan did anything after arriving in laplata co on the plane, then there is NO video of him in mcdonalds or walmart, period !

More than enough time has gone by to see Dylan on a walmart cam if he ever entered that store. Either they have no cams inside or he did NOT enter that store.
Let's face it ,if he had entered that store and was on cam, they would be BLASTING that footage all day and all night on tv and saying ' here is little Dylan 's last sighting, this is what he was wearing, etc ' . All the time these days in a missing person case or a criminal case, they show the last sighting if it was on a store cam.
Remember baby Lisa's mom.......on the store cam..........buying wine..........and baby wipes?
Maybe dad's already told them he waited in the car and they can see he bought stuff that he would only buy for a
boy and so they feel he was alive and ok at that point, but not ' sighting' is not the same as a belief he was ok
at that point.

It's not always so easy to ID someone on those security cams, especially a child. It sometimes takes days to verify a person's identity, depending on how well those security cams have caught an image.
But, there is no assumption that he disappeared from either Walmart or McD's so maybe they don't feel the need to blast those images all over the media. Maybe he waited in the car at Walmart. Maybe they went through the drive-thru at McD's. Could be a lot of reasons, but how can you be so sure there is no footage, simply because they have not released any?
I am not being snarky, but LE certainly doesn't have to prove to the public that Dylan was indeed at either place, nor do they have to prove he wasn't.

Im guessing the walmart either did not have sufficient surveillance because it's very rural. Maybe they don't think they need it . OR there is no video of Dylan on that tape coming or going. Did he wait in the car? maybe or maybe he was unable to go inside. Also the mcdonalds mayor may not have cameras. If they did have cams and they drove through, they might only see the truck, not necessarily anyone inside it. I'm basing this on the fact that Bender said all we know is Dylan did arrive in La Plata Co. Aftr that we know nothing or very little. I don't have a link to this but it's been discussed many many times and the link has popped up many many times. If LE cannot confirm that Dylan did anything after arriving in laplata co on the plane, then there is NO video of him in mcdonalds or walmart, period !

More than enough time has gone by to see Dylan on a walmart cam if he ever entered that store. Either they have no cams inside or he did NOT enter that store.
at that point.

I don't believe they don't have camera's, I myself have shopped in this Walmart, and it is very much one of the busiest stores in the area! Many people from around the area(even NM)come to shop at this Walmart. Although this area seems rural, Durango is not. It is a tourist area,as well as a college town. I am certain there is cameras in that store!! As far as him not being on it who knows, but I am pretty certain MR is there, or they wouldn't be looking for photos from Durango to Valliceto and the roads up to the house...IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx