CO- Dylan Redwine's case discussed on Dr. Phil ONLY!- 2/26/13 ***SPOILERS***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first observation, they need to get past this bitterness and find Dylan. At this point guilty not guilty..blame games does not find Dylan.. This should be about Dylan. If MR is guilty his day in court will come and vice versus with ER.. I need facts.. I have no facts to say either is guilty yet. Will watch more

:goodpost:
I couldn't agree more Raine!

It was clearly a bitter divorce and Dylan vanishing on Mark's watch just makes it all that much worse .

So I honestly think it is pointless to say they need to stop with the blame and so on as if they hated each other before then this has made it 100 times worse so they are never going to be able to work together and it does not mean they love Dylan any less because or this .

It is what it is and that won't change any time soon !

:cow:

I agree. I did wonder though why DV wasn't brought up with regards to ER, as well as the front lawn sexcapade.

Brings to mind Scarlett O'Hara's famous words...Tomorrow is another day.

I'll probably watch the show at some point. I'm more curious about what other people who have watched the show feel about it and if any new facts have been released.

You definitely should watch it.

This was the first time I have ever watched Dr.Phil, and was surprised to find him a bit different than the way I thought him to be.

I will say, while it is a good thing new tips are coming in and Dylan is back in the news...the show was a bad idea.

Just more words, mannerisms, looks to be picked apart. (On both sides) :twocents:

Thanks. It's been pretty much a non issue with me also. I just keep seeing people bringing it up and saying that Dylan took the fishing pole with him when, or if, he left the house. It makes me want to know if it's a fact or not. So far it's not.

It's not "people" bringing up the fishing pole. MR brought up the fishing pole, even castigating LE for not searching the lake earlier. In one of the Dr. Phil voice overs, the fishing pole is referred to as the "still missing fishing pole." It took several hours for it to "hit" Mark that his son was missing, how many hours depends on which version you prefer, but he was right on the case of the missing fishing pole, informing LE "from day one". All MOO

Does anyone know who packed for this trip?

This is the mountains and the weather can change quickly. I would think that a coat would be a requirement, especially for a week long stay.

I would have thought so as well. But my dd who is exactly his age (turned 14 in Dec.) now only wears either her cheer leading jacket or her colour guard jacket, neither of which are appropriate for winter weather (imo) (they are made out of a mesh-like material...*maybe* armor all but still not appropriate.

I've given up arguing about it.

Well, as I thought, no matter what MR said would satisfy the mob. Same consistent, calm demeanor and entirely plausible story, same 'outrage' by perhaps misguided, overly-emotional groups of complete strangers who expected, oddly enough, a different outcome. At first I found it perplexing and even a little amusing that some women couldn't seem to understand the general differences in men and women regarding outward displays of emotion, but now I just find it petty, monotonous, and perhaps even a bit disingenuous. Don't mean to offend, that's just how I feel. I'm a man, and stoicism and introversion is not generally a sign of guilt, but rather a perfectly normal display of coming to terms with loss. You won't see a lot of publicly displayed tears and hear a lot of emotional outbursts. Different strokes.

I hurt for both ER and MR, though for separate reasons. ER because she's lost a son and is perhaps wasting valuable time and outrage on the wrong source, and MR because he's lost a son and being demonized by folks who don't know him from Adam. A shame that uninvolved folks can't let this go and let each parent deal with this separately and in their own way. This isn't Days of our Lives.

The only good that came out of this is the chance - albeit slight - that someone was watching and can provide real leads to police that appear to be short on facts and evidence at the moment. That will be my prayer, and I join with both ER, MR, and the rest of you in this regard.

My husband, (who has two medical degrees) watched the show (under some small protest) and at the end, he said, "This man is guilty as hell."

Last I checked, he is a man, not overly emotional, and good at analyzing situations and people.

He has not been following this story, but came up with this conclusion on his own.

My dear mijamawi - I am a teacher, a big time procrastinator, and have even been called passive-aggressive on these very threads ... How may I help you??

:floorlaugh:

I hope you reported it. No one should be calling other posters names on here.

Is there a way to get past being a procrastinator? I keep meaning to look into it, but...

Yeah, ok, I'm monopolizing...but...I wonder...

Is there a way to get the FULL transcripts or video from the Dr. Phil show? Not the edited versions we've seen? I am dying to see it (or read it) all.

And from CBS Denver -

As soon as the show hit the air tips from across the nation started flooding into the La Plata County Sheriff’s Department. Investigators were watching the show as well to see if they could pick up any new details.

The good news is Dylan’s picture was shown throughout the show and that has prompted many new tips already. The show also gave viewers a sense of how difficult the investigation has been for police trying to get any sort of concrete information out of the two very angry parents, Elaine and Mark Redwine.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/02/...-duke-it-out-on-dr-phil/#sthash.fEN9kOTN.dpuf

Hmmmmm

That fishing pole. I think that might have been the only time so far I've used the bangheadguy.:banghead:

I definately think there is a fishing pole and I think its in that lake placed there to make everyone think Dylan took all his belongings and went fishing!

JMO

Re: coats. It was snowing yesterday, sideways. I picked my son up at the middle school, not a single coat was in sight anywhere. Maybe it's a Colorado thing.

Re: Dylan's texts. : ( is a scowl but B3) is a smiley with sunglasses. And Elaine did not make the Sunday night texts any easier to understand - who he texted and using what and what was said. Clear as mud.

Re: Dylan's clothes for the week. I think he got caught in the crossfire between his parents. His mom should have checked what Dylan packed and made sure he was prepared. That's her job, to make sure Dylan had what he needed regardless of where he was going. Moms don't get to waive that responsibility.

Re: the postal worker. Elaine says something like "that's never been confirmed." She did not say it was proven to be anyone else. I just think that's interesting - apparently no kids have come forward to say it was them . In fact, with the exception of the few Bayfield friends we haven't heard from any kids. Including T.

Re: Mark. Wow what a piece of work. I totally believe the story about the dead rat. And the violence. Shoving is violence. He needs to apologize to Elaine for the fact that Dylan went missing. He doesn't get to waive responsibility for making sure his son was safe.

Re: Elaine. She comes off as a bit fixated in on this "lost" terminology that she uses. It's not how I would phrase it if I thought my ex had murdered my son. I felt so much emotion though when she talked about Dylan's bones just laying out there - that broke my heart.

I think that with apparent alcohol abuse by his mother and obvious abuse by his father, it's possible that Dylan grew up a little bit fast and was left to fend for himself a bit. I think his father could be described with not great terms, but I'd use a couple for his mother too.

I think Dylan walked out on that road and was picked up by someone that has not been discussed yet. Maybe LE knows who it is, maybe they don't.

My husband, (who has two medical degrees) watched the show (under some small protest) and at the end, he said, "This man is guilty as hell."

Last I checked, he is a man, not overly emotional, and good at analyzing situations and people.

He has not been following this story, but came up with this conclusion on his own.

My DH who knows little about the case says he has an issue with a 13, almost 14 year old boy not being able to escape or fight back against his out of shape older father in some way as to at least leave some evidence of a struggle behind. Just his opinion.

I didnt see any evidence of Mark's heart being broken. I saw anger and bitterness, but no grief. He sounded totally empty, imo, when he was called out by DP, and then said how much he missed his boy. It sounded phony to me. JMO

In a little bit of defense of MR (as I'm trying to stay as neutral as possible) there is really no doubt that as fair as DP was, Mark was most certainly on the defensive on the show. ER had her turn first where she was able to speak about Dylan, her heartbreak, etc...and of her suspicions that MR was responsible. So really from the get-go, Mark took that chair as a "defendent." So we can't really blame him for being defensive.

My DH who knows little about the case says he has an issue with a 13, almost 14 year old boy not being able to escape or fight back against his out of shape older father in some way as to at least leave some evidence of a struggle behind. Just his opinion.

I think they need to find where this all happend I dont think it was in that house.
Just a thought but maybe when they arrived at the house Dylan stormed off
and maybe dad followed. I dont think they ever made it inside! JMO

In a little bit of defense of MR (as I'm trying to stay as neutral as possible) there is really no doubt that as fair as DP was, Mark was most certainly on the defensive on the show. ER had her turn first where she was able to speak about Dylan, her heartbreak, etc...and of her suspicions that MR was responsible. So really from the get-go, Mark took that chair as a "defendent." So we can't really blame him for being defensive.

but they wouldnt have been there at all if he had done things Differently!

This is all on him as i see it.

Re: coats. It was snowing yesterday, sideways. I picked my son up at the middle school, not a single coat was in sight anywhere. Maybe it's a Colorado thing.

Re: Dylan's texts. : ( is a scowl but B3) is a smiley with sunglasses. And Elaine did not make the Sunday night texts any easier to understand - who he texted and using what and what was said. Clear as mud.

Re: Dylan's clothes for the week. I think he got caught in the crossfire between his parents. His mom should have checked what Dylan packed and made sure he was prepared. That's her job, to make sure Dylan had what he needed regardless of where he was going. Moms don't get to waive that responsibility.

Re: the postal worker. Elaine says something like "that's never been confirmed." She did not say it was proven to be anyone else. I just think that's interesting - apparently no kids have come forward to say it was them . In fact, with the exception of the few Bayfield friends we haven't heard from any kids. Including T.

Re: Mark. Wow what a piece of work. I totally believe the story about the dead rat. And the violence. Shoving is violence. He needs to apologize to Elaine for the fact that Dylan went missing. He doesn't get to waive responsibility for making sure his son was safe.

Re: Elaine. She comes off as a bit fixated in on this "lost" terminology that she uses. It's not how I would phrase it if I thought my ex had murdered my son. I felt so much emotion though when she talked about Dylan's bones just laying out there - that broke my heart.

I think that with apparent alcohol abuse by his mother and obvious abuse by his father, it's possible that Dylan grew up a little bit fast and was left to fend for himself a bit. I think his father could be described with not great terms, but I'd use a couple for his mother too.

I think Dylan walked out on that road and was picked up by someone that has not been discussed yet. Maybe LE knows who it is, maybe they don't.

Bold by ME ! YES to the MAX ! I wonder how differently everyone would feel if he would apologize to ER just for that...... for the fact that DR went missing while in his care. Even if he's not responsible for where DR is today, he WAS responsible for his well being and even if something happened outside of MR's control, you would think he would be remorseful for not watching him closely enough. When a kid falls out of a tree and breaks their arm, the parent in charge would normally feel some regret .........' like i should not have let him climb so high, this is all my fault' . If MR would just say to her '' Im so sorry this happened. I couldnt' imagine he would not be safe. I should have locked the door , woke him up for sure, made him go with me, made sure his phone was charged before i left,,, ANYTHING but I did not do those things ER and I'm really sorry this happened,, if I could take it back, I would'' NO kind of language like that . UGh !

Another thing that bothers me was when Mark said she called her Divorce Lawyer when he was at his lawyers office that very day.

Im thinking this is how they communicate thru their lawyers.

Im also thinking she called so see if Mark had demanded anything and was taking D.

Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member